Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

DataLoreB4Soong should have had a couple more guys in there. Joe Piscopo, Ihat, Sherlock Holmes, Frank Hollander, Dipshit Generations Emotion Chip Data

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Small Talk Data and Brent Spiner's character from Independence Day

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I love that the line of dialogue they wrote for when Lore's personality manifests was "I am Lore". Nailed it in one, writers.

Actual Satan
Mar 14, 2017

Keep on partying!

You'll NEVER regret it!

Trust ME!

When it was actually Lore, he was always saying "I am Data."

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Data looked down at the beach and he saw only one set of footprints

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I'm sure they actually did kidnap Deanna, because that's the easiest to write

We’re gonna need a cardboard box, a stick, some twine, and a bowl of double chocolate ice cream.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

The reaction shots going 'Lore...!', 'B4!' were one of the lowest points of the episode imo, shows a complete lack of faith in the audience being able to understand a very obvious scene and undermines Spiners acting by repeatedly cutting away from it

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Why did they make tribbles into actual monsters instead of just letting the joke about them being inexplicably terrifying slide? gently caress this show.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

No Dignity posted:

The reaction shots going 'Lore...!', 'B4!' were one of the lowest points of the episode imo, shows a complete lack of faith in the audience being able to understand a very obvious scene and undermines Spiners acting by repeatedly cutting away from it

THE ENTIRE SHOW does this constantly, they tell us what they've just told us over and over and over

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Taear posted:

THE ENTIRE SHOW does this constantly, they tell us what they've just told us over and over and over

Well only an idiot would keep watching after season 1 and 2.

Anyway, I was real worried that Geordi was going to be a changeling when he was very against helping Picard.

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

pik_d posted:

Well only an idiot would keep watching after season 1 and 2.

Anyway, I was real worried that Geordi was going to be a changeling when he was very against helping Picard.

one of the themes of S3 seems to be "having kids makes you a risk-adverse killjoy"

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Geordi himself might be safer with Picard, since they're replacing all his potential contacts, and if Geordi got replaced they might also want to replace or kidnap his daughters as his hostages/prevention

galenanorth fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Mar 25, 2023

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Delsaber posted:

Small Talk Data and Brent Spiner's character from Independence Day

If they're bringing in roles from other shows, gotta bring back the guy from Night Court.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

John Wick of Dogs posted:

DataLoreB4Soong

seeing it like this really hammers the "this is a fanfic isn't it" point home lol

although i guess lal is in there too. maybe "DataLalLoreB4Soong"

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

is the Soong son from the first season still out there?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

That DICK! posted:

is the Soong son from the first season still out there?

He’s the one who recorded the message explaining why this new golem existed and apparently then he died right after

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

blastron posted:

Why did they make tribbles into actual monsters instead of just letting the joke about them being inexplicably terrifying slide? gently caress this show.

They're going to reference Data's "fully functional" line but don't trust the audience to get the subtle meaning so they're going to have him hang brain and swing an oversized android cock around before it converts transformers style into an android vagina. Data starts demonstrating how he can gently caress himself like this but the characters are distracted looking at a nearby pod tube with a tiny Data in it... Seemingly normal at first but then he mashes his titty on the glass and starts thrusting and startles Picard. One of the kids busts out a tricorder and scans it, remarking "Oh my loving goddamn Christian god Jesus Muhammad Ali Christ -- he's fully functionally...sexually, he can do sex really good, all the advance moves."

After a few rounds of finishing each others slow thoughts, they finally piece together that if the tiny Data is fully functional... There must be other clues about if the normal size Data is functional too. Luckily there's a computer screen nearby with big bold letters explaining that Data's dick is a changeling hand.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Is Data/Lore/Etc. in an old school android body, or does he have one of those new golem-style bodies like Dahj/Soji/Picard have, the cylon-style ones that are all but indistinguishable from human? The golem would explain why he looks 70-something and has jowls, but the R2-D2 image projectors in his eyes seem a little off-theme.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Powered Descent posted:

Is Data/Lore/Etc. in an old school android body, or does he have one of those new golem-style bodies like Dahj/Soji/Picard have, the cylon-style ones that are all but indistinguishable from human? The golem would explain why he looks 70-something and has jowls, but the R2-D2 image projectors in his eyes seem a little off-theme.

The latter

CaptainSkinny
Apr 22, 2011

You get it?
No.

Powered Descent posted:

He's the synthesis ending from Mass Effect. Half android, half human.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

the showrunner is one to talk about "yes, and" positivity when the script is "yes, and then things happen to undo the thing that other writer did"

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

galenanorth posted:

the showrunner is one to talk about "yes, and" positivity when the script is "yes, and then things happen to undo the thing that other writer did"

Ah, taking after Star Trek legend JJ Abrams.

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
Oh, I like the smell of my own dumps.
I just want Patrick Stewart and NotData to both projector eyes at the same time.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
i mean regardless if you think its dumb or not (i think it is) the effect is just hilariously bad

(thanks dur for the screenshot)

CaptainSkinny
Apr 22, 2011

You get it?
No.

Where evolution is truly headed. Some day all of humanity will evolve projector eyes.

This may seem like a dumb take, but that recording wouldn't shut up about evolution.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

I enjoy this season because it's hammy and nonsensical.

The first two seasons were mostly just nonsensical. Without that hamminess, it ain't good.

Penitent
Jul 8, 2005

The Lemonade Man Can

CaptainSkinny posted:

Where evolution is truly headed. Some day all of humanity will evolve projector eyes.

This may seem like a dumb take, but that recording wouldn't shut up about evolution.

Well now I'm confused as to why Geordi doesn't have projector eyes.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Penitent posted:

Well now I'm confused as to why Geordi doesn't have projector eyes.

"I'm finally beginning to understand him..."

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
The best part of the "I am Data" I am Lore" "I am B4" bullshit is that Brent Spiner is such a good actor, you can tell who it is without him even saying anything. But Terry thinks the viewers are that stupid.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
They should have had Saloon Madam Data in there for good measure.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I wonder if we'll see a Klingon in the 32nd Century in the last season of Disco, or if we'll see a Klingon outside of Worf in the next four episodes. Possible to the first, probably not in the second. They should have contrived a scene where a bunch of legacy actors are in their classic makeup next to redesigned versions. Quark would take one look at Sneed and have a laugh at those pathetic lobes.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Cojawfee posted:

The best part of the "I am Data" I am Lore" "I am B4" bullshit is that Brent Spiner is such a good actor, you can tell who it is without him even saying anything. But Terry thinks the viewers are that stupid.

I really did enjoy seeing Spiner go through all of those personalities in one go. You could see Data's placid curiosity, Lore's lip-curl and cruel eyes, B4's uncertainty. It made me want him to do an Orphan Black-style show where he plays multiple characters. (Not on Star Trek.)

Penitent
Jul 8, 2005

The Lemonade Man Can
It would be pretty cool for the show to take a breath and spend a few episodes exploring the combined Data/Lore/B4/Whoever else character and let Spiner really do some work.

In the new episode at 8:20 Raffi and Worf beam aboard the Titan... but where do they come from? Did the Titan go to Crime Planet to pick them up? Does that mean they left the La Sirena there?

If they used the La Sirena to rendezvous with the Titan, did it get abandoned in space when the Titan warped to Daystrom Station? Has the La Sirena been left at the same bar that we lost the rest of Picard cast at?

I feel like a dummy for watching a show made by people that don't care about simple logical structure in the scenes they write.

T.C.
Feb 10, 2004

Believe.
Okay, so we've done lots of killing data and Picard and then bringing them back. So maybe this season will just be making extras. We'll have three datas and five picards

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Everyone check under your seats...

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I really enjoyed that. Great episode. Can't believe the "goodbye TNG era" series has some loving nostalgia. It's not like the first ever episode of TNG had it!

"Excellent use of the word burgle, admiral" was fantastic. As was Shaw with Geordie. Lots of good stuff. Even got nostalgic for loving VOYAGER. They even brought back (sorta) Data in a way that made sense. Why couldn't they have started with S3?

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless

T.C. posted:

Okay, so we've done lots of killing data and Picard and then bringing them back. So maybe this season will just be making extras. We'll have three datas and five picards

A fistful of Datas if you will.

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
The Moriarty and whistle thing was exceptionally dumb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Evolution

Ape