Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Good luck to you. I was on Nexplanon from like 2007 until one ran out in like April 2020 and I couldn’t get it replaced. I about lost my mind. Have chocolate ready, I thought that was like 90% a joke, but it is not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa
First half of the day I hated everything and everyone and felt like a failure at life. This evening I feel happy and in love and hopeful for the future.

Hello hormonal mood swings.

I’m 7 days out. So likely PMS, but sometimes I don’t know what the rhyme of reason of my cycle is sometimes. Sometimes my big mood swings are the day before my period starts…sometimes a week out.

It’s annoying and weird.

that g ova there
Mar 1, 2023

by Hand Knit
If I ever post a ban me it will include a toilet filled with period blood. Kirk Johnson who??

Pomme de Terror
Sep 30, 2021

Well, one of us must have killed him!

Anne Whateley posted:

Good luck to you. I was on Nexplanon from like 2007 until one ran out in like April 2020 and I couldn’t get it replaced. I about lost my mind. Have chocolate ready, I thought that was like 90% a joke, but it is not

I appreciate :tipshat:

Removal is done! Went in this morning, filled out some paperwork, discussed the procedure and anything that could potentially go wrong, got numbed up, and then she was in and out in I think a minute and a half. Was way faster than the insertion and that's including me being a teaching lesson for a new nurse practitioner (I always volunteer to be a teachable moment because why not).
Honestly the worst part (so far) is just how tired I was after/ still am, though I chalk up at least part of that to my general anxiety about medical stuff. Didn't realize how anxious I was until I got home after and my brain was just like "NAP TIME NOW"

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

I went in for a colonoscopy last week and thought I was gonna start my period at the same time. Thankfully I didn't! It waited until I had to go back to work 😭 double-pads and tons of Alieve time.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

don longjohns posted:

I went in for a colonoscopy last week and thought I was gonna start my period at the same time. Thankfully I didn't! It waited until I had to go back to work 😭 double-pads and tons of Alieve time.

Horrors I can't imagine both at same time

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
hello period thread, I feel like a few days after mine ends I have like, phantom periods? Like I’m thinking I’m spotting and better rush to the bathroom and surprise, nada. Is this normal or am I fundamentally broken? like periodwise, everything else I’m aware of.

don longjohns posted:

aaaAAAAAAA No thanks nope nada.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Slightly off-topic, but I have, in this thread, posted before about how at some stages of my hormone cycle, I develop super-sensitive smell ability.
This is normally pretty nasty, because hell, the world is full of bad smells, but it is particularly bad at the moment.
My very lovely dog has a dislocated hip, which has meant that he needs to be strapped up with adhesive tape for 10 days, to hopefully force the hip back into place permanently. Since he is a boy dog, the strapping is messing with his ability to pee neatly.
He is very pee-stained right now.

I am not joking when I say that I can smell him from 20 feet away; I get a waft of pee-smell if he rolls over in his basket. The rest of the family can smell him from 2-3 feet and they say its not that bad.

Please let the hormonal super-smell power subside so I don't have to smell pee all the time :(

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

teen witch posted:

hello period thread, I feel like a few days after mine ends I have like, phantom periods? Like I’m thinking I’m spotting and better rush to the bathroom and surprise, nada. Is this normal or am I fundamentally broken? like periodwise, everything else I’m aware of.

aaaAAAAAAA No thanks nope nada.

Yeah I get that, both just before and just after. All the sensation of 'oops better go to the bathroom!' but nope, nothing.

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Had a weird reaction to a tampon the other night. Woke up at 2am having a hit flush, sweating and had that horrible pain as though I had a UTI. Figured I'd take out the tampon and within an hour everything calmed down. Never had this happen before :confused: grabbed some pads to have on hand in case it happens again. I haven't used pads in half a decade and I'm shocked at how much more expensive they are compared to tampons???

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Solefald posted:

Had a weird reaction to a tampon the other night. Woke up at 2am having a hit flush, sweating and had that horrible pain as though I had a UTI. Figured I'd take out the tampon and within an hour everything calmed down. Never had this happen before :confused: grabbed some pads to have on hand in case it happens again. I haven't used pads in half a decade and I'm shocked at how much more expensive they are compared to tampons???

:catstare:

Please be careful, yikes.

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa
So I’m pretty sure I have pmdd after talking to a few different people. Gonna bring this up to my new obgyn next month.

It’s so bad this month. So much crying. I told my partner I didn’t t want to watch Leprechaun this weekend and then started crying when he asked me what it was about that genre of movie I didn’t like. SOBS. Then yesterday he said he liked that I got him to try new foods. SOBS. I got to pet a dog. BIG TEARS

Today breast pain but it’s like STABBING also stabbing cramps.

I hate this poo poo

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
My wife just started on birth control last month (the pill) and her first period has a lot of huge clots and been very painful. I've heard that's not normal for the pill. Does anyone have experience with this? She has a bad family history of uterine problems and I'm hoping this isn't a sign that something more serious is happening.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

zimbomonkey posted:

My wife just started on birth control last month (the pill) and her first period has a lot of huge clots and been very painful. I've heard that's not normal for the pill. Does anyone have experience with this? She has a bad family history of uterine problems and I'm hoping this isn't a sign that something more serious is happening.

The stupid thing that doesn't get emphasized enough is that hormones affect everyone differently and there were some brands of the pill that made me nauseated, some that made me bleed horrifically, some that made my cramps worse, some that made my cramps better. The general advice is to try one for a few months and if it keeps being really bad then ask your doctor to switch you. Its possible that your wife might want to look at nuvaring or the patch. The Pill isn't just "the pill" either - there's like what 20 different formulations on the market? more?

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa
Everything hurts and I’m dying.

Edit: and I have to go to work. Wtf

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
I have a cyst in my breast that was officially cleared as not cancer yay! and it actually obnoxiously hurts though and I'm about to start my period and I am deeply displeased that its hurting more and when the gently caress will this thing just like reabsorb into my body or something.

that g ova there
Mar 1, 2023

by Hand Knit
My period is only 2 days, I am blessed and have found favor with God. If men bled there would be articles about how to hack your period to the max bro.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Having a cough while on your period is a curse

edit: I feel like I shouldn't even be mad though, since my period left me mostly alone while I had a FWB visit from overseas, then left me entirely alone while I was on a cruise with my family, but I'm still mad because gently caress that poo poo

BigBeefCity
Oct 26, 2022

~*Special Delivery*~
~*For Anime Fans*~

OVERSIZE
PACKAGE

silicone thrills posted:

I have a cyst in my breast that was officially cleared as not cancer yay! and it actually obnoxiously hurts though and I'm about to start my period and I am deeply displeased that its hurting more and when the gently caress will this thing just like reabsorb into my body or something.

hey.
I'm a boy and I still want you to know that
A: Thank god it ain't cancer.
B:the hell you gonna do about this? I'm not trying to push you into anything; I just literally want to know what you girls do with your tits.

Zeth
Dec 28, 2006

Cluck you say?
Buglord
From what I know the options are most likely limited to surgery or just hoping it shrinks down and fucks off on its own

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Punch it til it bursts :unsmigghh:

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
The current advice from my doctor is "its small enough that it ~ should ~ reabsorb over time but if it starts to get noticeably bigger or changes in firmness call us and make another appointment" at which point i assume an aspiration or surgery.

It's already been hurting for at least 4 months now though.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
Woman: *has any problem whatsoever*

Doctor: "Yeah, you're fine. Come back if it gets worse. Or don't, whatever."

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Just chillin' : )

YeahTubaMike posted:

"have you tried taking panadol?"

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Somehow the solution they always offer me is birth control

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

The ghosts of our glories are gray-bearded guides
Fun Shoe

silicone thrills posted:

The current advice from my doctor is "its small enough that it ~ should ~ reabsorb over time but if it starts to get noticeably bigger or changes in firmness call us and make another appointment" at which point i assume an aspiration or surgery.

It's already been hurting for at least 4 months now though.

Yeah, aspiration likely. I typed a bunch of those when I did transcription, p simple and low to no complications. Ultrasound during to make sure it collapses, they send whatever they get off to pathology to double check for anything untoward.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I have a fibroma that I’ve had since at least 15 and while it hurts less often than it did when I was in the throes of puberty, it still is pretty big and aches sometimes.

The only solution is surgery or shrug and get over it.

And also it’s going to make getting an annual mammogram a loving bitch when the time comes.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

hopeandjoy posted:

I have a fibroma that I’ve had since at least 15 and while it hurts less often than it did when I was in the throes of puberty, it still is pretty big and aches sometimes.

The only solution is surgery or shrug and get over it.

And also it’s going to make getting an annual mammogram a loving bitch when the time comes.

I've already had two mammos. It was an OK experience. They mammo'd me again with the cyst on purpose.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

Killingyouguy! posted:

"Lose some weight" is a classic

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Killingyouguy! posted:

Yeah the proffered solution to the wildly depressed week before my period which indicates perhaps some hormone issues was birth control.

I was skeptical, but figured the doctor MUST know what she's talking about so tried it for 3 months and it turned me into a suicidal rage monster. Her followup suggestion was a different formula and to, no poo poo, lose weight, so I'm feeling SEEEEEEEEENNNNNN here.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Had my pre anaesthesia appointment yesterday and drat, surgery is the real deal. Gotta wash with special soap and get intubated and poo poo

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Powerful Katrinka posted:

Yeah I think I get the birth control one because there is no weight for me to lose

TriggerHappyMarie
Sep 15, 2011

YeahTubaMike posted:

This is my lifelong experience with any health issue.

Y’all, I had a cyst in my groin, basically right on pantyline/outer labia. Hurt to sit, really hurt to walk. My PCP refused to see me for it. My GYN refused to see me for it. Neither would give me a referral to dermatologist. They said go to ER. This was during early Covid, so I didn’t want to clog up emergency service resources that needed to go toward more severe patients. Also ER way more expensive and time consuming.
I called my GYN office again and a NP agreed to see me. She was like, ‘Oh, honey!’ :psyduck: ‘let me get another syringe of lidocaine’

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Killingyouguy! posted:

"Thankfully" my experience with birth control was so nightmarish that I have an excuse to reject it on the spot

Powerful Katrinka posted:

I'm starting to think that being visibly overweight and consistently having healthy stats throws doctors for a loop

TriggerHappyMarie posted:

This is my lifelong experience with any health issue.

Y’all, I had a cyst in my groin, basically right on pantyline/outer labia. Hurt to sit, really hurt to walk. My PCP refused to see me for it. My GYN refused to see me for it. Neither would give me a referral to dermatologist. They said go to ER. This was during early Covid, so I didn’t want to clog up emergency service resources that needed to go toward more severe patients. Also ER way more expensive and time consuming.
I called my GYN office again and a NP agreed to see me. She was like, ‘Oh, honey!’ :psyduck: ‘let me get another syringe of lidocaine’

:stonk: I really wish medical professionals would take women & PoC's issues more seriously. While I'm not a doctor myself, I can't imagine someone telling me that it hurt them to sit or walk and deciding not to even TRY to help them figure out what the hell the problem was.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Hormonal birth control of all types i've tried made me just suicidally depressed and no poo poo, i was clear about this, and back when i was having horrible ovarian cysts my doctor kept being like "yeah but you should still try them" and I was like "how does "I almost stepped in front of a bus" seriously not register with you" and never saw her again.

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa
Lol the only bc that didn’t gently caress me up is the one that got discontinued for killing people

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

CherryCola posted:

Lol the only bc that didn’t gently caress me up is the one that got discontinued for killing people

Yaz?

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa

That’s the one!!!

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

silicone thrills posted:

Hormonal birth control of all types i've tried made me just suicidally depressed and no poo poo, i was clear about this, and back when i was having horrible ovarian cysts my doctor kept being like "yeah but you should still try them" and I was like "how does "I almost stepped in front of a bus" seriously not register with you" and never saw her again.

The first time I had a giant cyst that burst the doctor put me back on the pill even though I had a mirena and was like "it makes my anxiety worse". Lo and behold my anxiety got worse, especially since I have an incredibly stressfull job, and I was going back to self harm behaviour to manage it. My therapist at the time ended up putting a "NO HORMONAL BIRTH CONTROLL PILLS" note in my chart after and to be a little fair the doctor immediately was "oh no, stop taking them and we'll figure something else out" once I gave him the run down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

As a dude and a nurse I've always empathized with women that tell me they're PMSing, etc. Naturally I didn't know how it actually felt, but I knew it wasn't fun.

UNTIL I was having a really bad asthma exacerbation once and had to take a fairly stout dose of steroids. Later I was telling my PCP's nurse how bad I felt - hair trigger temper, retaining fluid, hot all the time, can't sleep... She said something to the effect of "Welcome to what women go through every month!"

I was a total revelation. I gained a newfound respect for women having to put up with that poo poo every month.