Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
I would live in Bestways Burrow with the Loporrits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Is the cute hands-on-hips-head-tilt animation they always do a lalafell thing I never noticed or is it just the loporrits

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I’m six days behind because I can’t play FFXIV on days when I work…

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Help Im Alive posted:

Is the cute hands-on-hips-head-tilt animation they always do a lalafell thing I never noticed or is it just the loporrits

it's not a lalafell animation, no

e: it is cute but honestly im glad it isn't one, i like that the game mostly treats lalafell as any other race rather them leaning into their smolness

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Macaluso posted:

YES IT'S SO CUTE THEY'RE ALL SO CUTE I WANNA DIE :qq:

They also twist the knife by using Meteion's theme, which instantly gets me anytime I hear it. And then his eyes tear up. This is a profession tribe quest for the bunny people on the moon!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :qq:
It's not the biggest element but they consistently use they/them for the Ashen-furred Loporrit.
I also noticed a misattribution in the text blocks, similar to an earlier patch where the wrong speaker was credited until patched. When the Ashen-furred Loporrit is describing things they could tell people on the planet, the bubble says it's Dreamingway talking.

But it's a cute quest and I'm looking forward to Bloodsworn.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Hogama posted:

It's not the biggest element but they consistently use they/them for the Ashen-furred Loporrit.

I believe Managingway and Coiningway are also consistently they/them. Lots of nonbinary rabbit rep.

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

Boy, you gotta carry that weight
Carry that weight a long time

dyslexicfaser posted:

Krile Krew changed discord servers, but you can probably track them down from Third Party Tools.

They're still running Eureka content on Sundays, 5pm PST.

krile krew is going on hiatus in about the next month for the savage tier, so i'm not accepting any new folks until after myself and our leaders are comfortable progging in 6.4.

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.
https://www.twitch.tv/finalfantasyxiv/clip/BitterWealthyGrassCurseLit-6tjza_i2qEGkf9k0

That crowd pop for a higher housing item limit

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Oh my god gently caress yes. I was REALLY struggling to fit what I wanted to in there because I made the insane decision to have three separate windows make it look like you could see outside while it's raining

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
I just got it running on steam deck and am changing my settings, but when I enable the cross hotbar the other hotbar that’s the default for mouse/keyboard setup still is there along with the cross hotbar. How do I get rid of it?

Also what’s the small rectangle with spikes on the top and bottom that’s blank, and how do I get rid of it? It’s below and left of the minimap to the right of quest list.

Also can you make dialog text different size than hud text? How do you do that? I want dialog easy to read by being larger but hud text smaller to reduce clutter

theblackw0lf fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Mar 25, 2023

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Go to System -> HUD Layout and you can disable any hotbars you don't want to see.

You can also get rid of the "small rectangle with spikes" that way but I'm 90% sure that's a job guage which you will probably need. What class are you? That might be the thing that shows if your Tank Stance is on.

I don't know how to change text box size but you can shrink every single other UI object in HUD layout

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
lol
https://twitter.com/SOKENsquareenix/status/1639297146959822853?s=20

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

https://twitter.com/SOKENsquareenix/status/1639301477020880897

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
:lmao:

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Sentient Data posted:

Post your emotions to the thread, I love reliving this story vicariously

I didn't miss this post btw but today all I got was a lore dump in the form of dynamis

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

quiggy posted:

I didn't miss this post btw but today all I got was a lore dump in the form of dynamis

And how did that make you feel?

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Dynamis?!?!?

Sorry this is a reference to later. You'll get it though

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Goddamit the white fat cat puma t shirt sold out in four minutes. Got everything else I wanted at least

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

When the Loporrit gets teary eyed:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
It's extremely dirty of them to do that and pair it with Meteion's theme

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

A to the L to the E-X-ANDER!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

GOOBIES GONNA RISE BOOM LIKE THUNDER

Crackerjack
Nov 7, 2004
crackalackin

Slippery Tilde
Hey, I got a house! It took a while for the interior to shape up, but I'm now ready to show it off. Come on in and have a look.

But not so fast! My associate needs to give you a visual pat down before you head in... OK, we're good.

Here's the main living space, kitchen area, TV, and cat tree. You can put your coat on the rack just behind the camera. Let's take a look down the hall, shall we?

Oh ho! I see you have already spied my bedroom, you cheeky devil. ...er, no. ...no, it smells like that on purpose.

Anyway, this is the book nook where one can sit back and enjoy the classics in sophistication and, oh my goodness, is that a secret doorway!?

By the way, be sure to sign this on your way out. It makes me feel HAPPY and VALIDATED. Grr!

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
The one quest that really made me tear up was actually ShB’s post-expansion, F’lahminn having you say a few words over Minfillia’s memorial. With how weirdly drawn out Minfillia’s departure was this is the first chance the WoL actually has to say goodbye.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Maxwell Lord posted:

The one quest that really made me tear up was actually ShB’s post-expansion, F’lahminn having you say a few words over Minfillia’s memorial. With how weirdly drawn out Minfillia’s departure was this is the first chance the WoL actually has to say goodbye.

This is one of my favorite quests in the game. It's really touching. It's also not a blue quest, so if you don't go back to say hi to that npc you could very well miss it.

I really hope we get to see F’lahminn being happy in the future. All we've seen feels like years of quiet grief

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

TheWorldsaStage posted:

This is one of my favorite quests in the game. It's really touching. It's also not a blue quest, so if you don't go back to say hi to that npc you could very well miss it.

I really hope we get to see F’lahminn being happy in the future. All we've seen feels like years of quiet grief

I like to check on all the NPCs I have some familiarity with- there’s honestly a lot of little dialogue bits that feel fun. I’ve got a couple of alts going through ARR and I’ve been making sure to click on everyone at the Rising Stones, you get some good moments like Moenbryda drinking Thancred under the table.

F’lahminn has been invited to go to Sharlyan to meet Ameliance for several patches now and I am dying to know how their coffee klatsch turns out

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Maxwell Lord posted:

I like to check on all the NPCs I have some familiarity with- there’s honestly a lot of little dialogue bits that feel fun. I’ve got a couple of alts going through ARR and I’ve been making sure to click on everyone at the Rising Stones, you get some good moments like Moenbryda drinking Thancred under the table.

F’lahminn has been invited to go to Sharlyan to meet Ameliance for several patches now and I am dying to know how their coffee klatsch turns out

Level a crafter or a gatherer.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Doing WHM quest and what staff is A-Ruhn-Senna using? I want it.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Electric Phantasm posted:

Dzemael Whispering Rod

There's a couple different variants of the treant staff concept but I can't remember what the other ones are.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Electric Phantasm posted:

Garland tools can tell you what equipment any NPC is wearing
https://www.garlandtools.org/db/#npc/1004629
Looks like it's a custom one in this case though?

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Crackerjack posted:

Hey, I got a house! It took a while for the interior to shape up, but I'm now ready to show it off. Come on in and have a look.

But not so fast! My associate needs to give you a visual pat down before you head in... OK, we're good.

Here's the main living space, kitchen area, TV, and cat tree. You can put your coat on the rack just behind the camera. Let's take a look down the hall, shall we?

Oh ho! I see you have already spied my bedroom, you cheeky devil. ...er, no. ...no, it smells like that on purpose.

Anyway, this is the book nook where one can sit back and enjoy the classics in sophistication and, oh my goodness, is that a secret doorway!?

By the way, be sure to sign this on your way out. It makes me feel HAPPY and VALIDATED. Grr!

Cute housing design :3:

I have the same plush bundle on my bed space too.

I had my small plot done by a housing designer but I kinda now want a Medium since it's pretty small now that I had it for a few months.

https://twitter.com/Beks_Housing/status/1637857672593539072

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Not quite the balance I’d have preferred, but I was able to get a pair of each of the shoe color ways. Guess that will have to make up for no fan fest ticket.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

This is so wonderful (Stormblood end spoilers)

E: source is Incorrect Final Fantasy Quotes on twitter

TheWorldsaStage fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Mar 26, 2023

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Glam and haircut for 6.4 is ready

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

SirPhoebos posted:

Smalone

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Maxwell Lord posted:

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

SirPhoebos posted:

I also went PLD Cecil after seeing 6.3's ending.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Ooo, it's glam showoff time?

And this isn't even half of the glams I've made since coming back to the game. I think it's about time I finally made an EC account...

Edit: Also, I'm finishing up side content while waiting for my friend to get to EW so we can do MSQ together, and I've got Feelings about the (SHB patches) Weapon Trials.

Also made a spoiler-free version you can share with all your ARR friends who hate a certain 30-something dude who still goes to college parties.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Mar 26, 2023

Crackerjack
Nov 7, 2004
crackalackin

Slippery Tilde

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
A couple possibly important campaigns have just started up.

First, they're doing their Free Login Campaign again. If you don't know how it works: if you bought FFXIV in the past and haven't been paying the subscription for over 30 days, you can login and play for free for 4 days. (Time starts when you login and expires after 96 hours, no matter how much or little you play during that time.)

Second, and likely more useful, you can get StB for free, as long as you've bought the Starter Edition. Taking advantage of this will permanently add StB to your account, it won't be removed later on. If you've been playing the free trial (the one that has ARR and HW) and have been considering buying the Starter Edition and paying the subscription, now would be a good time to do so if you want to put off buying the rest of the expansions.

Both started last night and are running until the morning of May 8th.

You can also combine the two, if you qualify for the first and haven't already acquired StB.