Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

EasilyConfused posted:

I don't know what CSAM stands for, so I can't not read this as CSPAM.

Child Sex Abuse Material, sadly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.

Arivia posted:

Child Sex Abuse Material, sadly.

Yep, there's that one and then CEM which is Child Exploitation Material

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

yakuza

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad
I'm not sure what it says about me or what it says about CSPAM that I definitely remember that a couple times before I've seen someone post the abbreviation CSAM and I just assumed it was a typo for CSPAM because it seemed to make sense in context.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

RyokoTK posted:

spr was Australian? :ms:

Nope, kiwi.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Boy, a lot happened yesterday huh

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Tenkaris posted:

So that's why I remember TCC-tan

My shameful posting secret is I joined SA because my stoner buddy was on TCC and I wanted to buy Shivadas pipes, he also had scored a lot of cool deals on SA Mart

I had heard of SA before when I was playing a MUD and a player thought I was a goon and I didn't understand so he asked if I had stairs in my house, as if I would know THAT if I didn't know goon???

Anyway, visited the site and saw the mailman dog those are my shoes they don't even fit photoshop and the bee barbecue thread but didn't understand why everyone was saying gently caress???

I was a child so I didn't have a credit card to get an account until college, when said stoner buddy showed me the forums behind the paywall and I regged up.

I also found this character that it looks like was called TCC-tan aka 420chan

https://knowyourmeme.com/photos/1060277-420chan

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
I’m afraid to play the Yakuza games because they look like an enormous time sink

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Dixville posted:

god drat memory unlocked I guess we know which subforums I was most associating with when that was happening

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Frank Frank posted:

I’m afraid to play the Yakuza games because they look like an enormous time sink

That’s why they’re so good.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Frank Frank posted:

whatever else you are doing with your time is incorrect

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Frank Frank posted:

They are but only if you want them to be, otherwise they're just a fun time

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Runa posted:

They are but only if you want them to be, otherwise they're just a fun time

I’m the kind of person who is going to spend an extra 2-3 days playing Metroid dread just to make sure the entire map is colored in.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Frank Frank posted:

Unless you’re the kind of gamer who’s pathologically compelled to 100% all content you can knock out the Yakuza games except for 7 in, I dunno, 30 hours each? Not too bad for a very story and cutscene heavy series.

Just play 0 and then decide if you want to go further down the rabbit hole from there.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Frank Frank posted:

I'm gathering my chi preparing to play 0 this week

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
Mod Challenge: Caro vs the Cops
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3318516

Grover posted:

Caro, you've got a bone to pick with the police, with the CIA, with doctors, psychiatrists, members of authority in general, and with those assholes who keep broadcasting words into your head. You sent me a PM requesting permission to call out one of the forum Cops- well, here is your chance to call him out! This is a mod challenge, and you have your choice of 3 ways to avoid a ban. If any one of the three are successfully completed, you will not be banned:

1) Challenge a forum cop to a boxing match, with at least two other forum members attending the match as witnesses. The match must adhere to AAU, Golden Gloves or USA Boxing rules. If the challenge is not accepted, or is accepted and you lose, you get banned. If the challenge is accepted and you win, you'll be allowed to post in the Police thread again. (This is not a carte blanche to troll/flame, and forum rules will still apply, but you'll be cut some slack for your considerable efforts.) High-quality video of the match must be posted.

2) Post a letter from a qualified and licensed psychiatrist, dated after today, that states that you are not suffering from any delusions or paranoia. This letter must be verifiable. (You may PM me the Dr's contact information.)

3) Video or a series of at least 10 still photos of you streaking a police station whilst giving the finger with both hands to every uniformed officer you see. The police station must be clearly identifiable, and at least 2 uniformed officers visible. A verifiable police report of the incident must also be provided.

You have until 9PM EST on July 24th to complete this challenge. If the boxing match is accepted, we will consider the planned date of the match, and extend the deadline.

Update: Caro is unable to complete the first challenge, and unwilling to complete challenges 2 or 3. This challenge is over.

Caro posted:

I choose Cmdr. Shepherd and assent to the rules offered. I have no camera with which to shoot the high quality video. If somebody is willing to provide one, or even better, use their cruiser camera, I'm in. We WILL need release forms and probably some kind of license.

I choose Golden Gloves.

To clarify, when I sent you that PM requesting to challenge Cmdr. Shepherd to a fistfight, I was mainly focusing on that. I am not striking one back for the little guy against the man. I'm beating up a lovely gangbanging cop in front of all of his friends because of all the poo poo he's talked. But only if he agrees. This will be bigger than Lowtax versus Uwe Boll.

We're going to have to flex on this one. I don't have health insurance yet. That happens in thirty days. As for it being verifiable? Well, I'd have to waive HIPAA protections globally.

We can reduce this down to this: A court has not adjudicated me mentally incompetent and I swear on my goon honor that a psychiatrist has certified me as sane. A good one. Big office. Large university affiliation. Recent. If I go crazy or something, well, we're surrounded by cops. It'll be fine.

Also independent observers so they can't just dogpile me if I make their boy cry under the rules of boxing and accuse me of 'not stopping' or 'attacking the ref'.

Illegal contract conditions are unenforceable. Know your law! Do you want this to happen or not? Be serious.

We should talk weight class and reach at this point. If we end up going to points scoring because I can't manage a knockout or TKO we may want to handicap Cmdr. Shepherd to see that things are good and fair, even though he's already disclaimed himself of that.

We should also pick glove weight now. I motion for ten ounce gloves. legal 16 oz gloves. My health insurance should be in place by the time the deadline rolls around. I'll be good to go.

What say you, Cmdr. Shepherd? Will you face me under the conditions outlined in the first section?

edit: Also..

Just... no.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.

Dixville posted:

That's definitely the one I remember, thanks.

Grassy Knowles posted:

god drat memory unlocked I guess we know which subforums I was most associating with when that was happening

Same here lol :hfive:

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Someone just posted their balls in the fyad contest thread

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Mr. Nice! posted:

He uploaded a CSAM picture to imgur

As stupid as he was heinous.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

TheSwizzler posted:

what time zone

https://www.twitch.tv/ritoru_demon/schedule

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Frank Frank posted:

They are. Play 0 anyway. People's love for it is not embellishment.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Lol

Olga Gurlukovich
Nov 13, 2016

Frank Frank posted:

i felt the same way, but theyre actually really good for playing like half an hour whenever you feel like

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

blamegame posted:

i felt the same way, but theyre actually really good for playing like half an hour whenever you feel like

Hmm.

HMMMMM

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

blamegame posted:

Until you get hit with a cutscene that turns it into an hour

Y0 is seriously one of the best games ever. Play it.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
Get his rear end caro

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Is Caro the guy who went into Libya with a katana or am I confusing my weirdos?

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Frank Frank posted:

Is Caro the guy who went into Libya with a katana or am I confusing my weirdos?

Same guy

lil poopendorfer
Nov 13, 2014

by the sex ghost

TheSwizzler posted:

goon telephone but wasn't there that thing in LF that became a sorta meme about how its violent and threatening to stretch in the presence of a woman? It's common sense poo poo to respect personal space (and a lot of freaks don't) but that era had some pretty wild takes trying way hard to prove you weren't like those other nerds and treating women like easily spooked deer

I remember that, and the one post I distinctly remember was about crossing the street if you should find yourself walking in the same direction as a woman who’s some distance ahead of you

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

They made a movie about him I guess and I was convinced I was mixing up two weirdos. I hope the movie mentioned SA

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Lmfao

rox
Sep 7, 2016

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

lol who the gently caress stands up whenever a lady enters the room; I've heard of most of those, but that's psycho poo poo

Stux posted:

imagine hating women this much

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
unironically giggling at the idea of the cops kicking in some goon's door for looking at CSPAM

wrong politics forum, pardner

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

lol who the gently caress stands up whenever a lady enters the room; I've heard of most of those, but that's psycho poo poo

thinking about some sweaty middle aged computer janitor saluting every woman like he’s a marine and just lolling

o7

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

unironically giggling at the idea of the cops kicking in some goon's door for looking at CSPAM

wrong politics forum, pardner

they hosed around and found out