Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

Jaxyon posted:

police literally murdered most anyone who was involved in the ferguson protests, right in front of everyone.
this is a vicious lie against are heros in blue

the people involved in the protests were so horrified by what they had done that they committed suicide in the trunks of their car by shooting themselves in the back of the head multiple times, while handcuffed, discarding the weapon then lighting their cars on fire. this just shows how much they hate the police.

lol this just convinced me, my bank is on there and their rate is listed as significantly lower last month than it is now

so yeah, savings interest is absolutely skyrocketing recently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SteepPollTax
Mar 23, 2023

by Pragmatica

SteepPollTax
Mar 23, 2023

by Pragmatica
so is the ECB planning on bailing out deutsche bank this sunday or?

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

SteepPollTax posted:

so is the ECB planning on bailing out deutsche bank this sunday or?

poo poo list of companies:

Bed, Bath & Beyond
Deutsche Bank
First Republic Bank
PacWest Bancorp

[Add more here]

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Why would anyone own an expensive watch now that smartphones and smartwatches have obsoleted them?

SteepPollTax
Mar 23, 2023

by Pragmatica

Horseshoe theory posted:

poo poo list of companies:

Bed, Bath & Beyond
Deutsche Bank
First Republic Bank
PacWest Bancorp

[Add more here]

poo poo that has happened every sunday this month:

60 billion plus line of credit to whomever needs it

SteepPollTax
Mar 23, 2023

by Pragmatica
the united states is spending 1.1 trillion a week of borrowed money keeping its banking system going, similar situation in europe. yes. china? no. russia? no. anywhere else? not really.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Willa Rogers posted:

The difference was mainly that OWS caught law enforcement offguard, and the bigger & more widespread it got, and the longer it went on, the more the feds coordinated a militarized police response by the states, with obama's blessings.

Because BLM protests happened under trump, the blue-state govs had to militarize on their own (which they did, usually thru the state national guard units) while pretending that it was trump forcing them to do so.

The similarity was in democrats totally co-opting legitimate & populist protests for their own political ends; no wonder pelosi et al. went down on bended knee in gratitude after the BLM protests.

Just remembered how Warren claimed credit for OWS. Lmao.

Mukulu
Jul 14, 2006

Stop. Drop. Shut 'em down open up shop.

Harik posted:

this is a vicious lie against are heros in blue

the people involved in the protests were so horrified by what they had done that they committed suicide in the trunks of their car by shooting themselves in the back of the head multiple times, while handcuffed, discarding the weapon then lighting their cars on fire. this just shows how much they hate the police.

What was that person's name again? I remember reading about them and I never remembered their name. They were a pretty prevalent organizer at the time, right?

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 26 hours!
Darren seals

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

genericnick posted:

Just remembered how Warren claimed credit for OWS. Lmao.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/elizabeth-warren-i-created-occupy-wall-street

lmbo

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

FistEnergy posted:

should make for a good USCSB video in about 5 years :dogstare:

It's going to make me wonder what flesh burnt by molten chocolate smells like.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

fanfic insert posted:

and the hens lay more and better quality of them when theyre happy(which is literally just allow them to freely eat dirt), it's the perfect thing if it wasnt for industry

hens lay more eggs if you starve them. i don't know how this affects quality though because i can't tell the difference between a store bought egg and eggs from my neighbors yard chickens.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

poemdexter posted:

hens lay more eggs if you starve them. i don't know how this affects quality though because i can't tell the difference between a store bought egg and eggs from my neighbors yard chickens.

The eggs I buy from the grocery store have shells that crack if I barely touch them and the yokes are always a super pale yellow but my neighbors chicken eggs are always thick as gently caress and i gotta thwunk em to get em to crack open and the yokes are a really dark yellow. Massive difference.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

silicone thrills posted:

The eggs I buy from the grocery store have shells that crack if I barely touch them and the yokes are always a super pale yellow but my neighbors chicken eggs are always thick as gently caress and i gotta thwunk em to get em to crack open and the yokes are a really dark yellow. Massive difference.

Isn't that caused by the weird disinfection routines they do in the US?

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

genericnick posted:

Isn't that caused by the weird disinfection routines they do in the US?

the us treats eggs so that the natural chicken manufactured anti-microbial coating on the egg gets stripped off. this is done because it's cheaper than the alternative ways of preventing salmonella and americans love to cheap out on things like this.

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

super sweet best pal posted:

Why would anyone own an expensive watch now that smartphones and smartwatches have obsoleted them?

it's the only acceptable (white) masculine jewelry so white men have to put all of their money into one expensive rear end watch instead of spreading it out over earrings, rings, necklaces, bracelets, etc

an apple watch just shows you have $400, electronics are for the poors and their fridges now

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

super sweet best pal posted:

lol

"how come opulence?"

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Come with me
and you’ll see
into a woooorld
of sudden conflagration

SteepPollTax
Mar 23, 2023

by Pragmatica
:dafuq:

SteepPollTax
Mar 23, 2023

by Pragmatica
you would think this would be 24 news

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

SteepPollTax posted:

you would think this would be 24 news

The main top section of CNN . com

Tipping is more important.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
they ate Augustus Gloop by the way. that's canonical. they cannibalized his fat rear end.

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

silicone thrills posted:

The main top section of CNN . com

Tipping less is more important.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Maed posted:

it's the only acceptable (white) masculine jewelry so white men have to put all of their money into one expensive rear end watch instead of spreading it out over earrings, rings, necklaces, bracelets, etc

an apple watch just shows you have $400, electronics are for the poors and their fridges now

The only acceptable masculine jewelry is a medal you got for fighting in the war. :clint:

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

https://twitter.com/WallStreetSilv/status/1639549562854551552?s=20

seems bad

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

maybe they should offer better interest rates

GME thread:

https://twitter.com/The_Law_Boy/status/1639699822847336448https://twitter.com/The_Law_Boy/status/1639700926062551040https://twitter.com/The_Law_Boy/status/1639703465646604291

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
withdraw everything to put under the mattress now or wait it out?

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!

Radirot posted:

withdraw everything to put under the mattress now or wait it out?

*Banging on table*
"Beans, Bullets, Bandages! Beans, Bullets, Bandages!"

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Car Hater posted:

*Banging on table*
"Beans, Bullets, Bandages! Beans, Bullets, Bandages!"

just got off the phone with my advisor.

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow
https://twitter.com/jamesstout/status/1639667051118870532?s=20

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

Is this from those farmer protests that went on in the Netherlands? Seems like a different demographic from the pension protests.

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

err posted:

Is this from those farmer protests that went on in the Netherlands? Seems like a different demographic from the pension protests.

Maybe? protests are all over France in any case, I would think every demo is implicated.

Popoto has issued a correction as of 22:53 on Mar 25, 2023

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Hm, having a tough time choosing between Redneck Bank and All American Bank.

(but seriously, CFG seems ok for nearly 5% MM?)

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

When your electric provider is definitely giving you the service you're paying them for

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

err posted:

It's from the pension protests, though farm equipment has been used to block streets

https://twitter.com/Jake_Hanrahan/status/1638495991983734784
https://twitter.com/Jake_Hanrahan/status/1638620737031360512
https://twitter.com/Jake_Hanrahan/status/1639330155700027393
https://twitter.com/Jake_Hanrahan/status/1639655188930744322

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

im from the bad post police, and i'm afraid i have bad news

err posted:

farmer protests in NL is either a) farmers being idiots and having a good riot or b) people bandwagoning

its also a pretty stupid protest because it's about emissions and the govt is offering to buy out farms if the farmers opt in, at fair market value, the horror

on the other hand the farmers (or actually some 14yo kid IIRC) tried to run over some cops, so its swings and roundabouts

oh and the farmer party became the latest flash in the pan right wing party in the most recent elections, did very will, so judging by previous protest right wing parties will probably implode in about 2 years

kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

'Cause we're the good guys.

The latest theory in the subreddit which I CAN'T WAIT to read more about : GameStop is acquiring... Blockbuster.

Also recent post: "Hey if you work for a hedge fund and they made you sign an NDA, you can say whatever you want, those are never enforced, trust us and give us all your secrets."

kazmeyer has issued a correction as of 23:42 on Mar 25, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

HallelujahLee posted:

thank you chad

Any time