Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Serephina posted:

Where the hell are you guys getting all this stuff from, did CA release a manifesto?

Chaos Dwarfs are actually a subtle neoreconstructionist movement, which brilliantly showcase micro- and macro aggresions of both interpersonal and interstrata relationships. In this essay,

You forgot to post the essay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Grimgor chopping up chaos dwarfs on his way in and out of the dark lands is Praxis

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

In this new innovation space, the Chaos Dwarf - Vampire Count venture will be disrupting the Cryptocurrency space and decentralizing income through BiteCoin.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Serephina posted:

Where the hell are you guys getting all this stuff from, did CA release a manifesto?

Chaos Dwarfs are actually a subtle neoreconstructionist movement, which brilliantly showcase micro- and macro aggresions of both interpersonal and interstrata relationships. In this essay,

Total war warhammer is based off a tabletop game with lots of fluff around it

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Omnicarus posted:

In this new innovation space, the Chaos Dwarf - Vampire Count venture will be disrupting the Cryptocurrency space and decentralizing income through BiteCoin.

The Vampire Counts try to steal all the BiteCoin only to find out it’s already been stolen by Skaven, who forgot the password to access the coins

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

jokes posted:

The Vampire Counts try to steal all the BiteCoin only to find out it’s already been stolen by Skaven

Dogs of War can't even get a look in

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

NewMars posted:

Yeah, Chaos Dwarfs do not have a singular leader, but an oligarchy formed mostly of but not entirely of their sorcerer-priests. There's probably some analogy to be found there in a bickering group of gentocrats distinguished by their access to power, but it falls down in that the sorcerers are all legitimately hard workers insofar as engineering is a requirement of their position.

Something something false meritocracy techbros? It escapes me a bit right now.

All leaders are Sorcerer-Prophets. Any Warrior Leaders are subordinate to a Sorcerer-Prophet as literally all non sorcerer Chaos Dwarfs are literally soul bound to the Sorcerer in charge of them. While all Sorcerer-Prophets are technically equals, Chaos Dwarfs hold a healthy respect for both power and age (like normal dwarfs) so the older Sorcerers have louder voices in the Conclave of Sorcerers.

Drazhoath's situation is one of shining too brightly. When Drazhaoth was a Daemonsmith, Astragoth saw a powerful, talented, and ambitious potential rival that he didn't like much, so he had him assigned to the Legion of Azgorh in a not really an exile but totally an exile move. Like Astragoth predicted Drazhaoth was talented, and rose to the position of lord of the Black Tower and Sorcerer-Prophet fairly quickly. However Drazhaoth's ambition has hit a snag, the Legion of Azgorh is made up of exiles and failures, and the Conclave does not have much respect for a leader of them. Combined with Astragoth not liking him, Drazhaoth is a very weak voice on the Conclave. Drazhaoth's current goal is to win a major victory with tons of loot and slaves that the conclave will have to recognize, this way he can take a powerful position in the Conclave when the influence starts shuffling around once Astragoth finally petrifies.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Which has to make him about the only leader in all of Warhammer to intend to prove his worth without killing the other

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Which has to make him about the only leader in all of Warhammer to intend to prove his worth without killing the other

you can't see it but behind the gold mask Balthasar Gelt is frowning

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

I think Thorgrim Grudgebearer just acquired some very confused and peculiar subjects.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

jokes posted:

Grimgor chopping up chaos dwarfs on his way in and out of the dark lands is Praxis

Arghy on life support. :ohdear:

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Got back into things with a Skrag campaign. It’s a decent time! I’ve mostly stayed near my camp outside Akendorf, holding onto my string of trading-good towns and killing Belegar and Wurrzag’s armies when they get ambitious. Even when you’re not Greasus, you can make some serious trade cash. Just changed Skrag’s stack over to mostly gorgers, while the new second stack is getting established. I don’t really know whether I should finish one of my enemies off, or just keep making money and teching up.

iOS autocorrects Skrag to Skarsgard lmao

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

DIE!

Of course, now I'm at war with Clan Moulder to the north instead and I don't think Ungrim's solitary army, which I thought was just mopping up Azhag's remnants, is enough. It never loving ends with the skaven...

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
Fighting enough battles in a single province as the Vampire Coast allowing you to raise your entire roster except for necrophax colossus is awesome.

I never appreciated how it allows you to keep up constant pressure as you can just spin up a lord post siege battle and immediately give him 3/4ths of a stack.

Fighting dwarves is a nice change of pace from fighting elves, some of my battles are more akin to napoleon battles with our gun units lining up and duking it out over an open field.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Dwarf question: I've got a grudge to raid a region belonging to the skaven. Skaven, obviously, aren't listed as controlling territory. I found a skaven-held city, but the only way to get close enough to count as being in skaven territory is to attack it. I don't see a way to get close enough to count as being in skaven territory but still be eligible to raid.

Any advice?

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
You can have one army siege it and another stand next to them. Sieging negates the zone of control thing that prevents you from getting right up to a city without attacking it.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Cythereal posted:

Dwarf question: I've got a grudge to raid a region belonging to the skaven. Skaven, obviously, aren't listed as controlling territory. I found a skaven-held city, but the only way to get close enough to count as being in skaven territory is to attack it. I don't see a way to get close enough to count as being in skaven territory but still be eligible to raid.

Any advice?

It's still skaven territory if the city looks like ruins. You can't raid for income, but I bet just standing in raiding stance in the region that you know a skaven city is in will accomplish your grudge.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Are there good guides for improving performance and stability? Frame rate, stuttering, load times, and just everything in general feel really bad on the world map, and it seems like it really shouldn't be? Granted this is doing the immortal empires campaign which is a lot of AI. I am also probably in need soon of a major PC upgrade anyways, but my system specs:

Intel 8700K
16GB RAM
RTX 2070
2TB SSD

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

NewMars posted:

You can have one army siege it and another stand next to them. Sieging negates the zone of control thing that prevents you from getting right up to a city without attacking it.

That did the trick, thanks!

The Age of Reckoning is rolling right along despite cracking open a new can of rats, Grimgor still not being dead, and Zhufbar and Karan Norn still refusing to confederate because they have the distrusts dwarfs diplomatic trait despite being one-city factions.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!

I said come in! posted:

Are there good guides for improving performance and stability? Frame rate, stuttering, load times, and just everything in general feel really bad on the world map, and it seems like it really shouldn't be? Granted this is doing the immortal empires campaign which is a lot of AI. I am also probably in need soon of a major PC upgrade anyways, but my system specs:

Intel 8700K
16GB RAM
RTX 2070
2TB SSD

I seem to recall someone saying changing the character portraits to static had a surprisingly large performance impact.

Jeff the Mediocre
Dec 30, 2013

I'm glad that the evil trains of the Chorfs have a whistle and make choo-choo noises. At least they seem to in the preview videos.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

Cythereal posted:

DIE!

Of course, now I'm at war with Clan Moulder to the north instead and I don't think Ungrim's solitary army, which I thought was just mopping up Azhag's remnants, is enough. It never loving ends with the skaven...

Yeah I decided to abandon my Dorf IE campaign because the prospect of exterminating the rats seemed exhausting.

Instead I started an Isabella campaign and holy poo poo this rules. Send in Vlad by himself, hit fast forward, sip drink. Raise dead.

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...
FUCK U and never come back

Cythereal posted:

Any advice?

Send a hero to Scout City. It'll be revealed as a Skaven city, and the surrounding area will be marked as Skaven territory.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Chad Sexington posted:

Yeah I decided to abandon my Dorf IE campaign because the prospect of exterminating the rats seemed exhausting.

Exhausting, but worth it. Clan Mors is dead, too, served up on a platter between Kroq'Gar and Tik'taq'to.

I feel like I hit a tipping point in this campaign. I was struggling tooth and nail for my life and then suddenly I hit a critical mass and everything started going my way as almost everyone left were small powers next to my overwhelming might. Minus the grind against Clan Moulder I'm now embroiled in, that will take some doing yet.

Still, it's a refreshing feeling changing from fighting for sheer survival against powerful enemies to picking and choosing fights against weaker neighbors to serve my campaign objectives.

Alas, three of the one-city dwarf minors I need to control have Distrust Dwarfs so I'll need to either ally with them or kill them since they won't confederate.

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005
I've been able to satisfy a grudge by raiding in a suspected Skaven territory without revealing it as Skaven territory first. Like, I knew Crookback Mountain had rats in it even if I didn't scout the town, and it worked, at least in WHIII.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Cythereal posted:

Alas, three of the one-city dwarf minors I need to control have Distrust Dwarfs

Sounds like one for the book to me.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

I said come in! posted:

Intel 8700K
16GB RAM
RTX 2070
2TB SSD

World map runs like poo poo, I think its the first game in the whole TW title where the world map runs worse than the battles.

The primary culprit is the effects like snow and fog and poo poo. I think there is a specific setting for FOG you can turn down?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

THE BAR posted:

Sounds like one for the book to me.

Believe me, I've thought about it. :v:

But for now my plan is to work on clearing out the north of skaven and vikings while Thorgrim goes sailing to pick up victory cities. I'm expecting Archaon and his groupies to be showing up any turn now.

The Border Princes of all factions went on a tear in my game, so I ultimately had to cancel the treaties, go to war to grab Valenka Hills for the victory condition and then also Sartosa which they owned for the victory city point, and then peace out with them.

Also, is Thorgrim unable to confederate with Belagor? Zhufbar, Karak Norn, and Kraka Drak all just don't want to confederate because they don't trust me, but I flat out don't see the option to try with Belagar.

Legendary Ptarmigan
Sep 21, 2007

Need a light?

Cythereal posted:

Believe me, I've thought about it. :v:

But for now my plan is to work on clearing out the north of skaven and vikings while Thorgrim goes sailing to pick up victory cities. I'm expecting Archaon and his groupies to be showing up any turn now.

The Border Princes of all factions went on a tear in my game, so I ultimately had to cancel the treaties, go to war to grab Valenka Hills for the victory condition and then also Sartosa which they owned for the victory city point, and then peace out with them.

Also, is Thorgrim unable to confederate with Belagor? Zhufbar, Karak Norn, and Kraka Drak all just don't want to confederate because they don't trust me, but I flat out don't see the option to try with Belagar.

Do you own the King and the Warlord DLC for TW:WH1? You can only confederate legendary Lords whose faction DLC you own. Occasionally you will be able to get DLC units if you confederate a minor faction.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Captain Beans posted:

World map runs like poo poo, I think its the first game in the whole TW title where the world map runs worse than the battles.

The primary culprit is the effects like snow and fog and poo poo. I think there is a specific setting for FOG you can turn down?

Every total warhammer has had poo poo world map performance compared to battle. A good portion of that is due to god rays and fog or their interaction. For what ever reason, they keep increasing the amount on each successive map.

There are mods to turn off a lot of the fog that helps.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Legendary Ptarmigan posted:

Do you own the King and the Warlord DLC for TW:WH1? You can only confederate legendary Lords whose faction DLC you own. Occasionally you will be able to get DLC units if you confederate a minor faction.

Ah, no. I haven't gotten any of the paid LL DLCs.

I'll just have to ally Belagor or spank him in the name of the High King when the time comes.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

bretonnia caravan submod

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2950094322

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Speaking of which, is the caravan limit hard-coded?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Do they sell wine

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Caravans is 1 per faction that can launch them. Not sure there is a limit beyond that.

And yes, they sell wines.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I did clan angrund earlier and they don't get caravans until they get karak-eight-peaks.

Had a really fun battle where my caravan saved an empire settlement

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

I said come in! posted:

Intel 8700K
16GB RAM
RTX 2070
2TB SSD

You can try the mod that disables fog on the campaign map. Also turn off the 3d portraits. That should help things a bit.

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...
FUCK U and never come back
Skarbrand held off the conga line of Tomb Kings full stacks long enough for the rest of them to wander off toward random distant settlements I'd taken, and now I think I've gotten his snowball rolling. Now anyone who takes one of my settlements will find a level 40+ Skarbrand running their way with a full Bloodletting meter. He stomps them into the dust, crushing their lord hilariously quickly and slaughtering his way through the rest of their army. After he's done killing any stacks in the vicinity, he takes back the settlements I lost, and spawns a Blood Host to go rampaging through enemy territory while Skarbrand himself starts heading in the direction of the next potential enemy assault. Every so often he passes through my core territory and meets up with a lord whose sole purpose is to sit there recruiting Exalted Bloodletters to give to Skarbrand.

I've taken like two full provinces from the Last Defenders, and Thorek Ironbrow just couldn't stop sending his whole army at me so now there's a Blood Host charging down the mountain passes to make him regret it. The Beastmen next door broke their NAP with me, so now all their settlements are mine. With a fair bit of territory claimed and all my main enemies pushed back pretty far, I think I might finally have the breathing room to take the fight to the Tomb Kings crisis.

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

I might be wrong but it seems like the monogod factions are late-game powerhouses. The early game feels pretty rough for all of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
For skarbrand and nkari it really kicks off once they can heal themselves