Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

What the gently caress is an 'inverse startup'?

e;f:b... and a terrible page snype

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
lol 250b valuation sure buddy

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

The b is for bitcoin

Tricky Ed
Aug 18, 2010

It is important to avoid confusion. This is the one that's okay to lick.

Ah, Twitter is definitely on a path to a $250b valuation. It can clearly grow its user base by 12x.

Elon is clearly a visionary and not at all on drugs. But if you know someone he'd like to hook up a friend of his.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Yes, I'm claiming my company lost over half it's value in 5 months. But stick around and it will be worth ten times as much!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Negatively speaking, we're trending upwards

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

mobby_6kl posted:

lol 250 bitcoin valuation sure buddy

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
Lmao. At least make it believable elongs

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

also lol "X corp"

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Make it X Corpse asap

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
This madman has a typical boer's ability to try and wrap the dumbest statements up in the most ridiculous phrases and hope they stick

"Inverse startup" is the new "Potentially toxic slur"

These are phrases that mean nothing but say so, so much about the person saying them

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
The Tesla didn’t swerve toward a child it inverse avoided it

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
It's an inverse startup. He's going to drive all potential investors away and shrink until it's run out of a garage.

Probably one he's borrowing.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
I wish someone would trick Elon Musk into saying his name backward so he could return to the fifth dimension at this point.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

So how many of the remaining 2000 will quit as soon as the check clears

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Those compensation awards are in stock that vests over 4 years right? Stock in a non public company they can’t even sell?

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

priznat posted:

Those compensation awards are in stock that vests over 4 years right? Stock in a non public company they can’t even sell?

It's an "inverse start-up" which MEANS.....?

Pastel Candy Snake
Sep 6, 2018

by Hand Knit
And always twirling, twirling, twirling towards profit

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Serious_Cyclone posted:

The Tesla didn’t swerve toward a child it inverse avoided it

In all fairness they didn’t pay their left turn subscription fee. :shrug:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

E the Shaggy posted:

It's an "inverse start-up" which MEANS.....?

They give you it all at once and claw it back in 4 equal instalments :haw:

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

lol yea sure $250B valuation get the gently caress outta here for a company that doesn't make any money

for reference these are companies with a market cap of less than $250B (who actually make a poo poo load of profit):

- Pfizer
- Bank of America
- Shell oil
- Nike

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
His entire career and fortune is made on companies that have massively overinflated values derived from little but overbearing market hype. He probably believes that is how things normally work.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Captain Beans posted:

lol yea sure $250B valuation get the gently caress outta here for a company that doesn't make any money

for reference these are companies with a market cap of less than $250B (who actually make a poo poo load of profit):

- Pfizer
- Bank of America
- Shell oil
- Nike

And then there is Tesla with a market cap of 600 billion

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
Yea I didn't even want to get started on Tesla's insane valuation, but AT LEAST in that scenario there is an actual product that has some demand for the future (even if its poo poo and its all over inflated). hey wall street runs on hype and hopes and dreams so ok thats fine (until the day it comes crashing down)

For Twitter though? lol

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Oh I see, the “comp increases” are “based on valuation” which means they’re just stock (and/or stock options), not cash. Lmfuckingao.

epic troll sir! Owned much? Overpaid woke coders :elon::elon::elon:

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

you idiots, you fools.

Twitter will clearly grow 10x in value thanks to amazing new features such as the ability to put tweets in italics.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

That's what she said :elon: :elon:

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Twitter was 4 months from running out of money but Musk dragged his feet for 5 months after his offer before agreeing to pay... exactly what his initial offer was.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

wa27 posted:

Twitter was 4 months from running out of money but Musk dragged his feet for 5 months after his offer before agreeing to pay... exactly what his initial offer was.

Concerning

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Data Graham posted:

Oh I see, the “comp increases” are “based on valuation” which means they’re just stock (and/or stock options), not cash. Lmfuckingao.

epic troll sir! Owned much? Overpaid woke coders :elon::elon::elon:

And stock grants are generally considered income, which means the employees have to pay taxes on those huge amounts, unless they are initially 0% vested.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
X Gon' Ignore Their Contractual Obligation To Give It To Ya

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Nameless Pete posted:

an actual frog
Mar 1, 2007

HEH, HEH, HEH!
Musk:

Nameless Pete posted:

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

an actual frog posted:

Musk:
Nameless Pete posted:

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

With the NLRB decree that all NDAs forced for severance are void i am really looking forward to some more Elon stories

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

E the Shaggy posted:

Elon's best buddy believes John Fetterman has been replaced with a body double

https://twitter.com/catturd2/status/1639388561395924995?s=20

For what it's worth, folks on the other side of the aisle also think Mitch McConnell is currently dead as well because he went into physiotherapy a week or so ago and has not been seen since.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

nine-gear crow posted:

For what it's worth, folks on the other side of the aisle also think Mitch McConnell is currently dead as well because he went into physiotherapy a week or so ago and has not been seen since.

In fairness, it's got to be hard to find enough orphans' tears and children's souls to keep that lich alive.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

nine-gear crow posted:

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/mitch-mcconnell-discharged-inpatient-therapy-after-fall/story?id=98127713

He was released from inpatient care earlier for a concussion and broken rib. Heh.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

What kind of fall causes a concussion and a cracked rib? Did he fall off a stage?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butterwagon
Mar 21, 2010

Lookit that stupid ass-hole!

Wendigee posted:

What kind of fall causes a concussion and a cracked rib? Did he fall off a stage?

the kind of fall where you're a billion years old