Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Has this dude already been nominated for Worst Caricature for another cartoon? Because those are loving terrible. The Trump is bad, but at least the hair lets you know it's Trump even if the face looks nothing like him. But that looks loving nothing like DeSantis.

idonotlikepeas posted:

David M. Hitch

Shut the gently caress up, I'm sure teachers who would be forced to take a second job so they wouldn't be able to teach kids properly would set kids back way more years than a strike for a couple of weeks (and that's not even taking into account that the strike could literally end right now if you'd just loving pay them better!).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

idonotlikepeas posted:

Jeff Danziger

Jeff what the gently caress are you talking about you senile old fool? What's even the joke here? "lol college basketball is played by college students"?

And that's not even going into the horrifying anatomy on display. Seriously what the hell is that thing on the left.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

idonotlikepeas posted:

David M. Hitch

That joke is literally from 1976. Great job keeping up with the times, Hitch.

https://vimeo.com/65921206

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Conservatives have been complaining about movies dying from being too politically correct and now woke for like 30 years.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Pants Donkey posted:

Conservatives have been complaining about movies dying from being too politically correct and now woke for like 30 years.

Hell, way longer than that. Ed Wood moaned about fifties western films being inferior to the ones who grew up watching for what basically amounted to "they're woke now".

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.

idonotlikepeas posted:

David M. Hitch

Kellies Nomination: Most Indistinguishable from a lovely 4chan Meme

I want to nominate just about this guy's entire body of work but I'm too lazy to pull it up.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Guavanaut posted:

gently caress off Leak.

Not sure what that Leunig is but it looks racist.

AUKUS is powerless against latest Chinese fad, wok-e :sickos:

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

idonotlikepeas posted:

Bill Bramhall

I genuinely like this one.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
A.F. Branco

Al Goodwyn

Andy Marlette

John Deering

Steve Breen

Tom Stiglich

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

Kellies Nomination: Least Concealed Bigotry- Transphobia

Kellies Nomination- Lifetime Award for Least Concealed Bigotry- Transphobia

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

Another one where, if I didn’t know better, I’d think it was in favor of the completely normal and unexceptional position that children have the right to express their own selves.

It’s fascinating that the conservative mind objects to allowing children to be what they are. He’s not saying children are being tricked into thinking they are something other than what they actually are, but rather arguing that children have no right to determine how they live or who they are and should be controlled by adults. That is so fundamentally different from thinking that kids are being seduced by perverts or whatever. It’s terrifying.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Skios posted:

Tom Stiglich

How can these people so happily accept morally bad things? The "Love Trumps Hate" is being used like love is a bad thing to have, especially in comparison to hate. It's wild.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
"We should strive to love rather than hate."

absolutely deranged, you guys seeing this? what is even going on here, must be some kind of mental illness, like that time i absolutely lost my poo poo because the president wasn't white

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Then why don't they love Trump? Gotcha

to me the most egregious part of this is that the Donald J. Trump arrest story came from no one other than Donald J. Trump but sure, let's blame this reporting on Hillary of all people.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
because Trump loves hate and Jesus said "do unto others," making GBS threads on the Donald is merely respecting his sincerely held beliefs

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
First time I've ever seen colbert in a political cartoon, surprised it took this long.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

I AM GRANDO posted:

Another one where, if I didn’t know better, I’d think it was in favor of the completely normal and unexceptional position that children have the right to express their own selves.

It’s fascinating that the conservative mind objects to allowing children to be what they are. He’s not saying children are being tricked into thinking they are something other than what they actually are, but rather arguing that children have no right to determine how they live or who they are and should be controlled by adults. That is so fundamentally different from thinking that kids are being seduced by perverts or whatever. It’s terrifying.

They treat children like property. That's about the size of it.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Microplastics posted:

First time I've ever seen colbert in a political cartoon, surprised it took this long.

I think Stiglich has had Colbert in his cartoons before, but I can't remember exactly when.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
saw this on twitter - Rod Emmerson for the New Zealand Herald

regarding Posie Parker who has had another fun rally where counter-protesters forced her to leave and threw some kind of tomato sauce and/or soup on her for good measure. good job Auckland

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Angepain posted:

regarding Posie Parker who has had another fun rally where counter-protesters forced her to leave and threw some kind of tomato sauce and/or soup on her for good measure. good job Auckland

https://twitter.com/Leo_Puglisi6/status/1639421143303208961

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Angepain posted:

Extremely good, also nice to see someone getting the Trojan Horse metaphor right.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Thought this was

Thought this was about Parker Posey for a moment and was concerned.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Henny Beaumont on the contrasting fortunes of Johnson and Sunak – The former PM spent a discomfiting afternoon on Wednesday being questioned about Partygate – the same day the current PM’s tax return showed a bumper return on investments"

Telegraph:

Macron warned he faces same fate as Louis XVI as pension protests engulf France After Delacroix.

Matt:

Watch: Bordeaux's town hall goes up in flames as protests worsen

Independent:

After Hawes Craven.

Times:

King Charles’s visit to France postponed amid protests

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Skios posted:

Tom Stiglich

Ah yes, Trump Derangement Syndrome.
"You guys are OBSESSED! You can't let anything go!" I scream, unable to stop thinking about that time Kathy Griffin staged a provocative photo from six loving years ago.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
To be fair, I still vividly remember dijongate.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

To be fair, I still vividly remember dijongate.

I'm still hung up on Tansuit Dome.

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

Kellies nomination: Most opposite of reality.
The district that makes up Disney World is now fully controlled by DeSantis's toadies and he plans to use this to blackmail them if they produce content that is too "woke".

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

The Haitian posted:

Kellies nomination: Most opposite of reality.
The district that makes up Disney World is now fully controlled by DeSantis's toadies and he plans to use this to blackmail them if they produce content that is too "woke".

Disney just announced that they'll be hosting "Out & Equal" conference for the next two years and Meatball's numbers are going down so...

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Disney World recently announced that they've been booked for the next two years for some major corporate LGBT events, specifically citing that DeSantis and his flunkies can eat poo poo and are powerless to stop them hosting this.

I don't know if that is actually a big deal, but AFAIK DeSantis has yet to do anything in respance.

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

It always amuses me how transphobic representations of trans women always feature thick hairy stubble, while their depictions of cismen tend to be clean shaven. First of all, every trans woman I've ever known has been positively obsessed with eradicating every single hair on their face and legs. But secondly, how in the world does transitioning even work in these fantasy lands? You decide you're gonna start presenting feminine, so you consciously choose to start doing your hair, putting on make-up, and... STOP shaving your face?? What???

Obviously it's just a shorthand for "we can always tell," but still.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Stultus Maximus posted:

I'm still hung up on Tansuit Dome.

The Audacity of Taupe.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

oobey posted:

It always amuses me how transphobic representations of trans women always feature thick hairy stubble, while their depictions of cismen tend to be clean shaven. First of all, every trans woman I've ever known has been positively obsessed with eradicating every single hair on their face and legs. But secondly, how in the world does transitioning even work in these fantasy lands? You decide you're gonna start presenting feminine, so you consciously choose to start doing your hair, putting on make-up, and... STOP shaving your face?? What???

Obviously it's just a shorthand for "we can always tell," but still.

It's because right wingers don't think trans women actually exist, it's just dudes dressing like women to assault women. So why would dudes want to look feminine?

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Kellies Nomination: Opposite of Reality

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
https://twitter.com/ettingermentum/status/1639690868788707328

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Jeff Danziger

Lisa Benson

Matt Davies

Lee Judge

Mike Smith

Jimmy Margulies

David M. Hitch

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Uncharacteristic cartoon from Benson. I assume she just means "china and russia are threats" but portraying the west as children and masters of the new world order is unusual.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Conspiracy theories are fun distractions for small children, but are dangerous when governments play with them?

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

It’s extremely important to remember that Disney is in this pissing match with DeSantis because their own employees called them out for donating to most (if not all) of the lawmakers who authored and voted on the Don’t Say Gay bill. So to save face, Disney publicly called out Florida Republicans for such a lovely bill. And thus the ensuing shitshow.

So they were perfectly content to pay the ghouls and let the bill pass without comment until literally shamed into saying something. And that’s also on top of being, you know, Disney. Which sucks like any megacorp. So while I’m glad they’re doubling down on pro-LGBT, I can’t be too enthused about the company. While they claimed to have paused donations to aforementioned lawmakers, finding sources on state election political donations is harder than federal stuff. I guess to their credit, according to OpenSecrets their 2023 contributions were like 90% Democrat. We’ll see how long that lasts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Maybe Hitch's outpourings are divided parts of a collage, meant to be overlaid into a squiggly morass of broken line convergence and goggle-eyed, gape-mouthed mugging.

It would be better than what they accomplish as individual cartoons, at least.