Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Paracelsus posted:

What made the class work for me was switching from grapple to the snare grenade, and having the fragment that gives grenade energy when you deal damage. Suspend All The Things with your two grenade charges and your class ability, deal damage to the suspended things with your melee, tangles, or regular aoe weapons, repeat. It's not quite as synergistic as the Osteo/Necrotic warlock build, but it gets the job done and the super is kinda nutty, with excellent room clear, excellent single target damage, and the ability to mix and match the two as needed.

The class got done dirty by the campaign setup, I think.

Throw on Dragon's Shadow and you'll have four suspend everything buttons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
Strand Hunter with sixth coyote. :discourse:

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I'm really going to have to play my other two characters too get red borders from neomuna for the campaign, gently caress.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

you're going to have to do that to get strand on them anyways.

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

:33< i KNOW, i was speaking metafurrikitty :33

If you had any plans of abusing the winterbite bug, do them now; I am almost done with the quest and the second I lay hands on that thing is when they'll actually fix it

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
What if I don't want to play my other two characters?

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

The thing is I just don't care, I only play them to grind xp and missions for cores. The titan is used more for still having access to the moon mission.

If I seriously played more than my warlock I'd have no vault space at all. As it is now though, I could've had the two craftable guns I want if I had just played the campaign instead of playing events/golds. I'm pretty salty that once you fully unlock strand on one class they no longer get green macguffin drops so you "get" to do it all again. Had I known that before I found out the hard way I'd have farmed all the green poo poo on my warlock for the other two.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

What if I don't want to play my other two characters?

There will probably be a time you do. Having alts is nice and there will be often times you can take advantage of them to help your main even if you don't invest in them much.

Like if you're the kind of person who's willing to slam their face into a grind for patterns, "spend 2 hours doing the campaign on an alt" is a really minor hill.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

haveblue posted:

None of D2 Stadia's data was actually hosted on Stadia, it was all the same Bungie-controlled backend servers as the other platforms. They depended on the platforms to do authentication that proves the user controlled that platform account and therefore should be allowed to access the corresponding game account. Cross-save just let you override that so you could route your PSN login to a character you had created through Stadia if you could prove you controlled both accounts. With the Stadia service shut down, there's no longer any way to prove you control the Stadia character, so you can't log into it or re-establish the cross-save override. So yes, the Stadia characters most likely still exist, just in a dead database that users have no path to

I went looking to see if Bungie had ever announced a plan to rescue Stadia characters by allowing some way to reassign them to other platforms, but they don't seem to have ever made any announcement about that. Even aside from the technical obstacles, there's probably a major risk of mistakes or intentional account theft there, and if it's not something the database was originally intended to do it may involve a significant amount of work and/or downtime to pull it off

Bungie spammed reminders to move Stadia accounts to other platforms. There was no excuses.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

PathAsc posted:

I'm pretty salty that once you fully unlock strand on one class they no longer get green macguffin drops so you "get" to do it all again. Had I known that before I found out the hard way I'd have farmed all the green poo poo on my warlock for the other two.

Don't worry about it, you actually can't do that. If you ever have more total strand bits in your inventory then you need to unlock the remaining stuff it stops dropping. I purposely left a fragment un-bought to do just that and once I got over 200 they stopped dropping.

Also, unless they patched it you can't ever really get rid of it, because once I unlocked it on all three characters it would always give me a drop of bits if I had none but then no more.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

RBX posted:

The current lost sector is pretty easy for anybody needing a solo flawless. Finally got it done.

Even at 1815 I still can't do any of these. I just don't have the tools do deal with barrier champions alone, it's a grudge match where at some point I WILL have to hide too long or deal with ads and suddenly find they're back to full health. These are gonna make me ragequit and uninstall the game at the some point, I can already feel it.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Mill Village posted:

Bungie spammed reminders to move Stadia accounts to other platforms. There was no excuses.

Problem is you can't really move characters to other platforms. You just link them together

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

GhostDog posted:

Even at 1815 I still can't do any of these. I just don't have the tools do deal with barrier champions alone, it's a grudge match where at some point I WILL have to hide too long or deal with ads and suddenly find they're back to full health. These are gonna make me ragequit and uninstall the game at the some point, I can already feel it.

This is the season of volatile. Any good void weapon with volatile will deal with barrier champs. Also Strand does great against all champs just suspend them when you think they’re about to pop the barrier.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Hackan Slash posted:

Don't worry about it, you actually can't do that. If you ever have more total strand bits in your inventory then you need to unlock the remaining stuff it stops dropping. I purposely left a fragment un-bought to do just that and once I got over 200 they stopped dropping.

Also, unless they patched it you can't ever really get rid of it, because once I unlocked it on all three characters it would always give me a drop of bits if I had none but then no more.

Holy fuckin lol, ty for this, I feel better but my impotent rage at bungie has now grown 3 sizes today

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I can just do this on normal difficulty on my alts for the red borders, yeah?

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

PathAsc posted:

I can just do this on normal difficulty on my alts for the red borders, yeah?

Yep, but you get an extra 250 strandbux for every character you beat the Legendary campaign with if that sways your decision.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

It'd probably take less time to just grind out those 250 strand bux after mashing through normal, then it would take to get through on legendary.

FWIW There's some weekly neomuna stuff (Nimbus reputation, partition mission) that gives out strand bucks that you can also use alts to take advantage of - while there is the aforementioned cap that prevents you from getting more then a character needs, you can still sort of abuse the system by collecting on one character and buying on another?

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
I will say that doing it on legendary on my alts was not bad at all, just because you can be outlevelled on everything instead of maybe at par, and you know what's coming. Even roadblocks like Calus were easy while having a fully Stranded Quick silver that I didn't have the first time.

e; also there may be an argument that it might actually be an easier way of guaranteeing one of the new exotic armours than farming lost sectors

Mazerunner fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Mar 26, 2023

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Oxyclean posted:

It'd probably take less time to just grind out those 250 strand bux after mashing through normal, then it would take to get through on legendary.

It would, for sure. But if you’re gonna be running the campaigns anyways to get Strand on all three characters, Legendary campaign is not especially more difficult than Normal’s, except for two or three spots that can all be cheesed, so why not?

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

neutral milf hotel posted:

Problem is you can't really move characters to other platforms. You just link them together

You link your game platform account to your Bungie account. I’m not sure why you think that means you should be able to just use whatever characters you want from any platform at any time. That’s not how game data works for Destiny.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Pirate Jet posted:

Yep, but you get an extra 250 strandbux for every character you beat the Legendary campaign with if that sways your decision.

I think you get 200 for beating it on normal, and 250 for legendary

Legendary is really only worth it on your very first character, in my opinion.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

This is the season of volatile. Any good void weapon with volatile will deal with barrier champs. Also Strand does great against all champs just suspend them when you think they’re about to pop the barrier.

Right after posting I of course made my way through it. The barrier champ was still way harder for me than the actual boss. I had forgotten the unravelling rounds mod for my strand MG, though timing/keeping the proc is a bit of a hassle.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Mill Village posted:

You link your game platform account to your Bungie account. I’m not sure why you think that means you should be able to just use whatever characters you want from any platform at any time. That’s not how game data works for Destiny.

Yeah I unlinked my stadia account cuz I thought it was old and unnecessary. I was wrong :shrug:

Oh yeah i never mentioned why I unlinked my account. When I tried to join a clan my platform was showing up as a Stadia instead of steam.

I only blame myself for this (mainly for ever using stadia in the first place)

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Oxyclean posted:

There will probably be a time you do. Having alts is nice and there will be often times you can take advantage of them to help your main even if you don't invest in them much.

My Hunter and Titan still have all their unequipped gear at LL600, I haven't touched them since Forsaken. Bungie makes one character so much of a time sink that like gently caress I'll ever get around to playing either of the other two.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Anyway what Forsaken exotic weapons do y'all recommend? I already picked out La Monarque. I can get two more from the monument to lost lights with my season pass tokens.

e. Thorn was a lot of fun

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

:33< i KNOW, i was speaking metafurrikitty :33

Anyway what Forsaken exotic weapons do y'all recommend? I already picked out La Monarque. I can get two more from the monument to lost lights with my season pass tokens.

I'm partial to Chaperone, though I haven't used it inna while

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Jötunn if you’ve already settled on Thorn for the other one

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Appreciate the info, I'll do legendary if I feel like it some other time. I really just want to blast through and go back to my main tbh

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Kesper North posted:

My Hunter and Titan still have all their unequipped gear at LL600, I haven't touched them since Forsaken. Bungie makes one character so much of a time sink that like gently caress I'll ever get around to playing either of the other two.

The power floor is 1600 now, so they'll be pulled up to that, and the starting mission is tuned with that in mind. Even then, they'll slingshot up because of how the power system works - just hand them high light guns from your main and all your rewards will be spiking up in power. Even then, when my alts got to Nimbus after the first mission, they were able to buy armor from him at the soft cap. (1750 I think?) From there, your average will still be buoyed by whatever guns you have from your main.

While there is stupid stuff alts have to re-do, there's also often stuff alts get to skip or can just ignore. Getting alts to a minimum usability point is trivial. If you want to have every last fragment or max out to the pinnacle cap, yeah, it's a bit of a hassle.

Like, everyone values time different but IMO alts in this game are not even close to a timesink compared to most MMOs, RPGs or other looter shooters.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

GhostDog posted:

Are you in the discord? I can personally help you and go over your vault and help put a build together. For Gilded Precept yesterday I use arbalest, Doom Of Chelsis, and Retrofit Escapade on Gryfalcon's Hunter. You can even easily cheese the last boss.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Is Avalon meant to be an exercise in screaming obscenities while trying to do the second half of the access code entries? Because gently caress that killbox.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Kammat posted:

Is Avalon meant to be an exercise in screaming obscenities while trying to do the second half of the access code entries? Because gently caress that killbox.
Consider bringing a friend if you can.

If you can't, or well, even if you can, a void LMG like Commeration or Retrofit is amazing in there if you setup your artifact with "shatter orbs" (create orb when breaking matching shields), the volatile rounds one (picking up an orb gives your void weapons volatile rounds) and "Bricks From Beyond" which gives void weapons a chance to generate heavy ammo upon killing majors. (yellow bars)

Also, consider slapping on the boots mod that gives you HP on orb pickup, and a void siphon on the helm.

If you're talking about Legendary, then yeah, it's gonna be nasty. But in normal, leaning into void with some good add clear should give you a huge edge. You should generate a good amount of orbs which you can capitalize in a bunch of ways - be it charged with light stuff, volatile rounds, wavesplitter, or just getting your super back quickly.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Any surprise shaders on the 2nd rank of the iron banner rewards? I've cleared the pinnacles, but the Diablo IV beta has taken a chunk out of my gaming time, so I'm wondering if it's worth poopsocking.

Also nightfall weapon is Hung Jury right?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Any surprise shaders on the 2nd rank of the iron banner rewards? I've cleared the pinnacles, but the Diablo IV beta has taken a chunk out of my gaming time, so I'm wondering if it's worth poopsocking.

Yes, same as the last two seasons, it's the new IB rewards model. This year you have 3 weeks to grind instead of 2, though, and it's just basic IB control

quote:

Also nightfall weapon is Hung Jury right?

Yes

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
nightfall weapon is militia's birthright.

but if you do the seasonal challenge for completing nightfalls you get a hung jury

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
Got Phoenix Protocol randomly and decided to try to build a support Warlock build, so I went and used one of my thingies on Lumina. This must be what the universe intended for me, 'cause the Lumina catalyst dropped later that night after an IB match.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
If I’m grouped up close with my fireteam during a DPS phase, will the Heir Apparent bubble get in the way of my team’s shots, or will they shoot through it?

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

The bubble is visual only, even for enemies.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Bobby Deluxe posted:

There's one at rank 16. It looks nice but I wouldn't say it's particularly unique or anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

arsenicCatnip posted:

I'm partial to Chaperone, though I haven't used it inna while

PERMACAV 50 posted:

Jötunn if you’ve already settled on Thorn for the other one

I never actually used either of these before. I was about to get jötunn on my previous character so maybe I'll consider that one

I don't think chaperone is an exotic I can get through the kiosk though.