Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Yeah damnation HI darkness isn't too bad since it helps keep the teams together, but ooh boy when someone splits off and gets downed or you enter a room and don't see the dozen crushers just chilling in the dark.

Hounds feels particularly like a free modifier because it seems to happen in place of specials and hordes that would of spawned instead, did damnation HI hounds or darkness hounds and everyone killed about a third as many specials as usual.

You can also cheese the hounds by standing on top of stuff, saw a couple ogyn's doing it and it looked like those old timey cartoons of the house wife standing on a chair to get away from a mouse.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Mar 25, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeeSeeBee
Oct 25, 2007

Oh, I love the hound modifier so much, it's the regular ones that come in the middle of hordes with mutants that I hate. Hearing the block *ting* but no push is frustrating when you're just trying to save your buddy.
https://i.imgur.com/QS7bpeO.mp4
(sound on)

Valtonen
May 13, 2014

Tanks still suck but you don't gotta hand it to the Axis either.
Finally got my heavyweight champion achievement for Irgun in hi-intensity gauntlet. Rushed in a blocked 4x3 corridor and knocked down 4 crushers and 3 bulwarks in less than 5 meter rush.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Got one of the new shotguns on my Zealot(thr shorter range one with the unfortunately pointless flame shot special shell), nothing like shooting some heretic bastard and watching their head and/or torso just up and disintegrate into a meat volcano

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Dang, Shock Troop Gauntlet (without HI) seems even easier than Low Intensity (assuming you don't have a weird group where no one can instagib melee hard targets). There are almost no hordes or shooters at all. The longest range you have to worry about for the most part is flamers, which actually come in handy because you can stand on the edge of the fire and/or at a slightly different height to it to burn any dogs off you.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Mar 25, 2023

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Is there a list somewhere of all the blessings that work for everything instead of just the weapon it's on?

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Is there a list somewhere of all the blessings that work for everything instead of just the weapon it's on?

https://darktide.gameslantern.com/weapon-blessing-traits

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

deep dish peat moss posted:

Dang, Shock Troop Gauntlet (without HI) seems even easier than Low Intensity (assuming you don't have a weird group where no one can instagib melee hard targets). There are almost no hordes or shooters at all. The longest range you have to worry about for the most part is flamers, which actually come in handy because you can stand on the edge of the fire and/or at a slightly different height to it to burn any dogs off you.

The flip side of this with HI is a nonstop, adrenaline fueled stress fest. Hello multiple bursters, dogs, maniacs, flamers, and trappers coming out to play with the horde. Hello shooter patrol deciding to make an appearance behind us.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Oh dear god the ogyrn club and the single target pysker sword are over tuned as gently caress haha. The 3b club has insane speed with light attacks that have massive cleave so when in doubt just spam light attack. The assassin force sword is one shotting most things on haz4 without the extra power from that perils feat--it doesn't feel over powered but at the same time the original force sword doesn't have a niche at all anymore. The faster reload for the ripper guns are also absurd, spent all my credits trying to get the new stubbers so i had to run with my ripper gun and gently caress was it nice.

I can't even imagine what DLC weapons are going to be like if this continues haha.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

That doesn't really answer what I'm looking for.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Then be more specific with what you're looking for.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Stanley Pain posted:

Then be more specific with what you're looking for.

The link provided doesn't appear to be filterable with the parameters they asked for. So I don't know why you think it's on Rasputin to repeat what they said they were looking for after getting a response that did not resolve their question.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

They were already specific but no, there's no list like that.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
After an embarrassing amount of armory purchases, I think I've managed to put together a shotgun that's just a few points shy of being perfect.

Ammo being the dump stat does really sting, though.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

That doesn't really answer what I'm looking for.

Please restate your question then in an alternative format, because I do know know what you are asking then.

Perhaps in an interpretive dance?

Because that link shows you each blessing and which weapon it applies to, but you don't want that. So what do you want? Because elsewhere on that site it shows you what each weapon can get for blessings, and that's really all the blessing related information I would imagine a player would need.

Edit: there are no blessings that work with every melee or every ranged weapon. I hope that answers your question?

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Jesus christ they weren't even being rude. They asked for a specific kind of list so they wouldn't have to do that work. It's fine if the list doesn't exist but why are you acting like they are crazy for not being satisfied by a response that did not answer their question

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Glad I'm not the only one that didn't find the original question specific enough. S'all good. :shobon: I'm not sure if anyone's dumped it all into a Excel doc or whatever.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
... Ok I didn't imagine this question would get so much anger in response, maybe I worded it poorly.

Is there anyone out there who has done the research to confirm which/if any blessings on a Melee Weapon would affect your damage on a ranged weapon/brain burst/grenade without actively holding the Melee Weapon or vice versa?

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Mar 25, 2023

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Iirc crucian roulette USED to? I don't think it is the case anymore.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

... Ok I didn't imagine this question would get so much anger in response, maybe I worded it poorly.

Is there anyone out there who has done the research to confirm which/if any blessings on a Melee Weapon would affect your damage on a ranged weapon/brain burst/grenade without actively holding the Melee Weapon or vice versa?

to be fair to others readings I absolutely did not think that is what you meant from your original question, it sounded more like you were asking which blessings were the same on different weapons which doesn't really make sense.

Off the top of my head Pinning Fire, or any +Power blessing seems to affect non-weapon damage. However most if not all of those blessings require you to be using said weapon to keep the stacks going, there aren't any passive effects from blessings (anymore, after the Crucian Roulette bugfix)

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

i think all those got patched out

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

There is one I know of, Unstable Power on the Force Sword. You'll get +power stacks from peril even if it's not being wielded.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
That's cool. Smells like a bug but OTOH isn't Unstable Power only like +5% at best anyway? So letting it affect BB and staff helps it have a reason to exist against the likes of Slaughterer.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

That's a great question.

There's a psyker build utilizes (as of the last patch anyway) pinning fire on the autopistol to help buff soulblaze, so at least that works.

Aside from that I would hazard any blessing that gives you +power should also affect your other attack's damage in a similar fashion.

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

Baroness Kanan-Zelaya of the minor House of Carbon
The new Ogryn heavy stubbers are pretty interesting

The heavy heavy stubber shoots in bursts of two bullets and has really accurate hip fire while moving so it's a good candidate for Roaring Advance blessing

The light heavy stubber has 4 round bursts and high ROF so it's great for knocking crowds over

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

The fact that automatic weapons in this game can’t be tapfired bc they fire in bursts by default is a bit annoying. The ripper gun would be way better with semi auto tapfire

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

What kind of ogryn would want to shoot once when they could shoot three times instead?

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Psyker feats at least for the first two ranks feel odd. Not seeing a lot of synergy to worry about.

Are any objectively better or is it just whatever.

Also voidstrike staff feels hilarious. Oh a horde? Two charges and all thats left is three confused dudes

BeeSeeBee
Oct 25, 2007

FrancisFukyomama posted:

The fact that automatic weapons in this game can’t be tapfired bc they fire in bursts by default is a bit annoying. The ripper gun would be way better with semi auto tapfire

I love that the lore reason for this is because ogryns love the sound of their guns so much that they'd burn through all their ammo without a burst limiter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cle-AdV_Q0&t=581s
(9:42)

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe

ZeusCannon posted:

Psyker feats at least for the first two ranks feel odd. Not seeing a lot of synergy to worry about.

Also voidstrike staff feels hilarious. Oh a horde? Two charges and all thats left is three confused dudes

The synergy mostly comes later. For the first tier I think the most popular is Quietude - it's what I use. I like the ability to fill my shields essentially on demand by backing around a corner and active quelling. Also, it's better than ever now that passive quelling is accelerated from what it once was, and it can give you little toughness trickles from killing things now that Battle Meditation (your core feature for 10% chance to quell 10 on kill) works with it as intended.

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

Baroness Kanan-Zelaya of the minor House of Carbon

ZeusCannon posted:

The patches to Psyker warp charge generation mean that you can have a constant trickle if you do the toughness regen on warp charge

The level 10 feat is pretty flexible now after the latest buff, the all damage feat is nice for burst damage while the peril resistance per warp charge talent is good for sustained warp staff use and the bottom soulfire on brain burst feat hooks into the level 25 and 30 soulfire feats

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Been getting a lot of 4 Psyker parties since they got buffed, has been some fun times with a variety of staffs.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Well I think I just made my veteran's forever-sword.

Only question is +4 rending on hit or slaughterer?

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Mendrian posted:

I find a lot of advice on darktide sorta tedious because I find a lot of it to be outdated or inaccurate, but here are some real general tips:

- Don't go it alone. Stick with your party. There are times where you want to break off and flank an enemy or briefly look for resources but early on that's a bad idea.

- Lower difficulties are good for getting your feet wet but tend to teach you bad lessons. If an aspect of the game seems easy on lower levels (enemy HP, how frequently you go down, not being able to accurately tell when enemies are sneaking up on you, etc) and suddenly becomes much harder that's usually an indication that you need to change something about how you play.

- As others have already said, there is always an enemy behind you. Don't tunnel vision and get stuck on trying to plow towards an objective. Make progress, but do so at a walk, looking around you, and staying aware of your surroundings.

- Block and shove have wide arcs, maybe even 360 degrees. Block and shove often. There's a rhythm to it. In addition, if you shove and continue holding down the attack button, an attack will come out that is sometimes unique to that animation and can be useful for chaining attacks together.

- Your toughness is your 'real' health, resource. HP is important, but toughness is far more so. Remember that toughness absorbs 100% of incoming projectile damage but provides only a flat % damage reduction to melee attacks, which quickly scales up as toughness goes down. You cannot afford to trade hits, especially when your toughness is depleted. If you find enemies stripping your toughness, you're either not blocking enough or you're standing in a place to get shot at freely.

- Don't get stuck on being 'the ranged guy'. Melee is a big part of the game and if somebody is up in your grill use a melee weapon. This is true even if you're a vet or a psyker. If you can dodge behind a teammate and get a better position feel free to switch back to ranged but never try to just tank out hits from a crowd while shooting, it's gonna be a bad time.

This is just basic stuff and things I see kill pubs a lot.

this was good stuff, thanks

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Well I think I just made my veteran's forever-sword.

Only question is +4 rending on hit or slaughterer?

Keep slaughterer. Rending doesn't help powersword much because it already penetrates armor so we'll when charged.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

after this came out and the dev. progress they were making after a month I figured another year of development before the game would be in a reasonable state... so I stopped playing to avoid burning out on the (good) gameplay before then.

catching up on the state of the game and their progress so far - I think this game is proper hosed

I bet that they release a paid xpac before anything resembling a complete product is patched into existence, if they do at all.

woof

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Qmass posted:

after this came out and the dev. progress they were making after a month I figured another year of development before the game would be in a reasonable state... so I stopped playing to avoid burning out on the (good) gameplay before then.

catching up on the state of the game and their progress so far - I think this game is proper hosed

I bet that they release a paid xpac before anything resembling a complete product is patched into existence, if they do at all.

woof

The game is fun, OP

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I've been enjoying the game quite a lot lately myself after taking a break during winter, game's especially better after the crafting update so you actually get some worthwhile rewards and progress from playing above malice difficulty speedruns.

That said, Fatshark as a company is saved entirely by everyone who shapes the gameplay experience and if everyone else got fired and replaced by interns the game would be better.

CaptainAssholay
May 23, 2001

Don't Think
I've noticed that every time I do the Hourglass map where you stop the cultist transmission, on Damnation, we never find more than like 320ish Plasteel. This has happened at least 3 times from what I can recall when I started paying attention to it. Has anyone else had that issue? Really sucks since Plasteel is basically the end game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

CaptainAssholay posted:

I've noticed that every time I do the Hourglass map where you stop the cultist transmission, on Damnation, we never find more than like 320ish Plasteel. This has happened at least 3 times from what I can recall when I started paying attention to it. Has anyone else had that issue? Really sucks since Plasteel is basically the end game.

yes it's either bugged and resources are spawning in inaccessible areas or it just lacks nodes