Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

if you ask ChatGPT for dumb opinions it will feed you the dumb things idiots have actually said so it's impossible to distinguish
It was more the formatting than the opinions that felt AI generated, to me at least

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Benne posted:

"Kenny doesn't have the charisma to connect with audiences"

(Kenny gets massively over in every single building across multiple promotions and continents)

That's just him stealing all those promotions pops by forcing the crowd to watch him.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
Critics have accused Kenny Omega of being self-indulgent, relying too heavily on choreographed spots, inconsistent character work, overly scripted promos, and difficult to work with backstage.

Some wrestling fans and critics have accused Kenny Omega of being self-indulgent due to his tendency to create long, complex matches that showcase his technical ability and creativity. While many fans appreciate Omega's skill and athleticism, some feel that his matches can be overly indulgent, with too many high-risk spots and convoluted sequences that detract from the overall storytelling of the match. Additionally, some have criticized Omega for prioritizing his own personal preferences and desires over the needs of his opponents or the audience, which can make his matches feel self-serving rather than focused on creating a compelling narrative.

Kenny Omega has been criticized for relying too heavily on choreographed spots in his matches. These are often sequences in which he and his opponents perform pre-planned maneuvers or stunts that require a high degree of cooperation and coordination. While some fans appreciate the spectacle of these spots and the technical skill required to execute them, others feel that they can make Omega's matches feel overly rehearsed and lacking in spontaneity. Additionally, some have criticized Omega for prioritizing these high-risk spots over storytelling and character work, which can make his matches feel less emotionally resonant or engaging. Finally, there have been concerns about the safety of these choreographed spots, as they can increase the risk of injury for both Omega and his opponents.

Kenny Omega's character work has been criticized for being inconsistent at times. For example, some fans and critics have noted that his persona can shift abruptly between being a serious, intense wrestler and a goofy, comedic figure, sometimes within the same match. This inconsistency can make it difficult for fans to invest in his character, as they may not know how to perceive him from one moment to the next. Additionally, some have criticized Omega's character for lacking a clear motivation or purpose, with his actions and behavior sometimes seeming arbitrary or nonsensical. Finally, some have pointed out that Omega's character can come across as too meta, with his frequent references to his own status as a wrestling "star" or "legend" feeling forced or contrived.

There have been some criticisms of Kenny Omega's promos for feeling overly scripted or contrived. For example, some fans and critics have noted that his promos can come across as stilted or unnatural, with Omega struggling to deliver lines in a convincing or engaging manner. Others have criticized the content of his promos for being too formulaic or predictable, lacking the spontaneity and improvisation that can make wrestling promos compelling. Additionally, some have pointed out that Omega's promos can be too focused on insider wrestling terminology or references, which can alienate casual fans or those who are not as familiar with the wrestling industry. Overall, while Omega has shown the ability to deliver effective promos, some feel that his performances can come across as overly rehearsed or robotic.

Some people have criticized Kenny Omega for being difficult to work with due to his reportedly strong opinions about the direction of matches and storylines. Some wrestlers have claimed that he can be dismissive of their ideas or unwilling to compromise on certain aspects of a match. Additionally, there have been reports that he can be overly critical of his opponents' performances, which can create a tense or uncomfortable backstage atmosphere. However, it should be noted that these criticisms are not universal and that many wrestlers have spoken positively about working with Omega.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

AI is really making a terrible world worse

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Sisal Two-Step posted:

imagine thinking Kenny Omega doesn't tell stories in ring.

they cant decide if he doesnt do anything with psychology vs comparing him to Sidney Poitier because he does too much story

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

if you ask ChatGPT for dumb opinions it will feed you the dumb things idiots have actually said so it's impossible to distinguish

I dunno how to articulate it properly, but there's some very obvious tells when you know what to look for. It comes off like a poorly written unsourced excerpt from a wikipedia article or the script of a video essay, rather than a person expressing an opinion. Like, the phrase "Kenny Omega has a reputation of being a spot monkey", then defining what a spot monkey is is a dead giveaway.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

JUNGLE BOY posted:

AI is really making a terrible world worse

Well, let me tell you something, folks. The Young Bucks are a couple of no-talent hacks who wouldn't know how to wrestle their way out of a wet paper bag. These guys rely way too much on high-flying, choreographed spots that look like they belong in a dance recital, not a wrestling match. And don't even get me started on their ridiculous outfits and superkicks.

But what really grinds my gears about The Young Bucks is their complete lack of respect for the business. These guys think they can just waltz into the wrestling world, disrespect tradition, and still be treated like legends. But they're not legends, they're just a couple of clowns who got lucky. They have no appreciation for the art and history of wrestling, and it shows in their disrespectful behavior both in and out of the ring.

And let's not forget about their attitudes. These guys act like they're hot poo poo, but they couldn't hold a candle to the great wrestlers of the past. They're selfish, egotistical, and completely out of touch with what real wrestling fans want. The fact that they've become so popular is a sad reflection on the state of wrestling today.

So in conclusion, The Young Bucks are a couple of overhyped, disrespectful, talentless hacks who are ruining the sport of wrestling. And if they don't shape up and start showing some respect, they can take their superkicks and fly right out of this business.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

There are enough lovely opinions in this world without using an algorithm to create new ones

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Oh my loving God.

The most hilarious loving thing in the world is happening to me right now.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Hey ChatGPT, tell me why Kenny Omega sucks.

ChatGPT: He's a spot monkey, he can't sell, his lovely matches are all the same, he has no charisma, he's a locker room cancer, he loving STINKS.

Hey ChatGPT, tell me why the Best Friends suck.

Chat GPT:

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Computer will not chat poo poo about Young Dustin and Big Greg

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Let ChatGPT say poo poo

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Maybe if we get it to explain Orange Cassidy's kicks we can cause it to self destruction!

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Maybe if we get it to explain Orange Cassidy's kicks we can cause it to self destruction!

Or it will respond with a similarly lazy explanation post.

Orange Cassidy may be the secret weapon to defeat AI, like Fry was with the giant brains in Futurama.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Somebody make a picture of Orange Cassidy riding a Scooty Puff Sr.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

MJeff posted:

Hey ChatGPT, tell me why Kenny Omega sucks.

ChatGPT: He's a spot monkey, he can't sell, his lovely matches are all the same, he has no charisma, he's a locker room cancer, he loving STINKS.

Hey ChatGPT, tell me why the Best Friends suck.

Chat GPT:

They're gonna find a bug in the code that got written out where you ask ChatGPT "Trent?" and it just repeats weird facts about animals until it crashes

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

The Cameo posted:

They're gonna find a bug in the code that got written out where you ask ChatGPT "Trent?" and it just repeats weird facts about animals until it crashes

BRB buying the source code to chatgpt

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

MJeff posted:

Somebody make a picture of Orange Cassidy riding a Scooty Puff Sr.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Tweak posted:

im pretty sure that person has never seen a kenny omega match

and definitely wasnt watching aew in the summer of 21

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/tholzerman/status/1640062448467058690?s=21&t=CfC1T4KBPJEgpFh2BcUJ0A

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

huh

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
People who say "Nooj" belong in jail

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

nooj is a perfectly cromulent way of referring to New Japan

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Benne posted:

People who say "Nooj" belong in jail

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Nooj ersey

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Noojie Woojie

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Rarity posted:

Noojie Woojie

Anyone who understands this post is my friend

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Venomous posted:

nooj is a perfectly cromulent way of referring to New Japan

makes sense from a “cromulent” user

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Rarity posted:

Noojie Woojie

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Nooj

Teej

Allj

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

No no, aaj, from the back of the throat

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Nooj? More like OLJ

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Eat My Fuc posted:

makes sense from a “cromulent” user

sorry you don't like the Simpsons I guess, nmfp

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
I don't know who Nooj is, and at this point I'm afraid to ask

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Coolness Averted posted:

Harold Nooj, the guy who used to run new japan

bartok
May 10, 2006

Coolness Averted posted:

Nooj is short for right wing pedophile rocker Ted Nugent.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Venomous posted:

sorry you don't like the Simpsons I guess, nmfp

Not my thing until season 13 then it starts to get good.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Coolness Averted posted:

One of Nomura's more fever-dream character designs.

Rarity posted:

Anyone who understands this post is my friend

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Eat My Fuc posted:

Not my thing until season 13 then it starts to get good.

Are you Ryu from streets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Dimebags Brain posted:

One of Nomura's more fever-dream character designs.

Voiced by Superman, if I remember correctly