Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Don't tease me woj

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1640019803464237057?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

luka broken
https://twitter.com/CallieCaplan/status/1640045862406504450

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

I hope that Luka gets the help and support that he needs because clearly he isn’t getting any from the Mavs, on or off the court

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Sorry mavs fans but Mark Cuban (while not particularly more evil than any other owner) is obnoxious and so it is fated that his fields will forever be fallow and fortune will never favor his franchise. The basketball gods gave him one purely to honor Dirk.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

I wonder what's up. I mean maybe it is just basketball but I've seen Luka unhappy about basketball and if nothing else, he doesn't lack for energy. I've never really seen him this listless.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Well looks like Luka will be getting a break next game whether he wants it or not

Death By Yogurt
Apr 3, 2007

I'm upset Taco Bell's getting rid of the Quesarito too but you gotta keep your head in the game

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"
Luka is just having a tough time, his teammate has proven to him the earth is flat and is now playing 21 Jump Street every chance he gets and he’s just tired

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Dutchy posted:

I wonder what's up. I mean maybe it is just basketball but I've seen Luka unhappy about basketball and if nothing else, he doesn't lack for energy. I've never really seen him this listless.

Last year they lose in the conference finals to the eventual champs, now they're out of the playoffs. I'd assume something's clicked in his head like "wtf is wrong with this organization?"

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Shaq chat: even as someone who grew up a Magic fan it’s easy to forget how athletic young Shaq was. Like, a dude that big moving the way he moved was unreal. Go watch some early video if you haven’t in a while. It rules. Dude was absolutely unstoppable and had a presence on the court that I just don’t see as much nowadays.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Woah Luka is in to cupping therapy?

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Dutchy posted:

Maybe the fight with his mom over his brand?

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

https://twitter.com/shamscharania/status/1640063702350151683?s=46&t=5gxKQFzDrDvx-7j58Ypw3g

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Kibner posted:

I thought that might be it after Luka mentioned he was dealing with off the court problems during his last press conference. That game was the first his Mom had attended in a minute. They settled their legal dispute in January but maybe there are still issues between them.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Kibner posted:

they settled that at the end of 22 or very early in january

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

Kilometers Davis posted:

Shaq chat: even as someone who grew up a Magic fan it’s easy to forget how athletic young Shaq was. Like, a dude that big moving the way he moved was unreal. Go watch some early video if you haven’t in a while. It rules. Dude was absolutely unstoppable and had a presence on the court that I just don’t see as much nowadays.
agreed orlando shaq was close to giannis. giannis is shaq if he didn't get fat. prime shaq is giannis with (elite) post moves/footwork.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
Entire Mavs team just looks flat on offense, and since the Kyrie trade they were going with "gently caress you I'm just going to outscore you" so flat offense is just murder.

Luka getting that tech this game and having to sit tomorrow is not great...but it's also vs the Pacers so not the end of the world.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/worldwidewob/status/1640069498614214657?s=46

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Please include spoiler tags and a trigger warning for any Anderson Varejao content. TIA

e: also, lol Mavs. Getting double owned by Gordon Hayward.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
https://twitter.com/shannonsharpeee/status/1639816626811060224?s=19

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

i am a moron posted:

Luka is just having a tough time, his teammate has proven to him the earth is flat and is now playing 21 Jump Street every chance he gets and he’s just tired

On the upside he doesn’t have any anti semetism left in his body

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Dirk was more than that franchise deserved.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status/1640060405312520192

On one hand, Kyrie snitchin

On the other, that dude is wearing a Red Skins hat to an unrelated NBA game so I am guessing he was saying some pretty heinous poo poo

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

hifi posted:

That kid just wants to go back to the bench and get an attaboy from coach rick

Lmao and I would give it.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Mavs should just lose out and hope the pick is in the top ten so they keep it

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Mavs should just lose out and hope the pick is in the top ten so they keep it

We all know they are going to get the comedy option of missing the playoffs, have a team leap them in the lotto, and be pushed to the 11th pick.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Only the Mavs could have Kyrie Irving and be a boring kind of lovely.

havelock
Jan 20, 2004

IGNORE ME
Soiled Meat

Spacebump posted:

We all know they are going to get the comedy option of missing the playoffs, have a team leap them in the lotto, and be pushed to the 11th pick.

...and then sign a huge extension for Kidd....because...I dunno...how well he's developed Hardy or some poo poo like that.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

havelock posted:

...and then sign a huge extension for Kidd....because...I dunno...how well he's developed Hardy or some poo poo like that.

If Jason Kidd is back next year and they don't get a center who can rebound/play d, I won't be watching many games. This season has been less fun to watch than Dennis Smith Jr.'s rookie year. Any time the team has been criticized by fans, Kidd, Cuban, and certain beat reporters have gone after the "toxic fanbase". Kidd even ripped on Coach Twitter in a press conference.

The problem is the toxic/incompetent management. Kidd could not get the team to wake up for either of those must win Charlotte games, he shouldn't be the coach. Whoever made the decision to sign JaVale McGee (and promise him the start), should not longer be employed in a position that makes roster decisions. How do they play JaVale off the court in the previous playoffs and forget that within 2 months?

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Mar 26, 2023

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Salvor_Hardin posted:

https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status/1640060405312520192

On one hand, Kyrie snitchin

On the other, that dude is wearing a Red Skins hat to an unrelated NBA game so I am guessing he was saying some pretty heinous poo poo

every commercial break each player should be asked if they'd like to eject one fan, and people move up a row to fill in newly-emptied seats. would encourage better fan behavior

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

indigi posted:

every commercial break each player should be asked if they'd like to eject one fan, and people move up a row to fill in newly-emptied seats. would encourage better fan behavior

I like this, let's do it

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Bulls announcers in good moods. Very pleased about potentially getting the eighth seed

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

temple posted:

agreed orlando shaq was close to giannis. giannis is shaq if he didn't get fat. prime shaq is giannis with (elite) post moves/footwork.

prime shaq which i assume is lakers shaq was pure f=ma, he wasnt doing ballerina poo poo to get buckets like giannis does. giannis is more skillful while shaq was more dominating

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

mastershakeman posted:

Bulls announcers in good moods. Very pleased about potentially getting the eighth seed

I'm just happy they aren't miserable to watch anymore.

Pat Bev saved my Bulls.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

Ammanas posted:

prime shaq which i assume is lakers shaq was pure f=ma, he wasnt doing ballerina poo poo to get buckets like giannis does. giannis is more skillful while shaq was more dominating
you never seen shaq spin?

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
If we just teleported shaq to today's game I think he'd still be great but maybe not an MVP type guy. He wasn't super efficient (free throws) and I think he'd get a different kind of whistle on defense which would be a problem.

If he came up right now I think he'd be better at his ball handling which would make him like a bigger, healthier Zion which absolutely is an MVP guy.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

temple posted:

you never seen shaq spin?

he had amazing post moves but giannis is doing full sprint eurostep into spins and shaqs foundation was bullying his way into under the basket. there was literally no one shaq couldn't back down.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

anakha posted:

Dirk was more than that franchise deserved.

Cuban breaking up the Dirk/Nash duo cursed the franchise for all time. Nothing good will ever happen for the Mavs, and when it appears like it might, it will all turn to ash before it does.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
The bigger problem for Shaq on offense is how Zone defenses make the kind of low post entry passes he replied on much tougher. It's a big part of why modern bigs operate out of the high post so much more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1640110010364723200

Savior of the 2022-23 Bulls