Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Bulls clowning on LeBron? Must be the famous Regular Season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

The Glumslinger posted:

The bigger problem for Shaq on offense is how Zone defenses make the kind of low post entry passes he replied on much tougher. It's a big part of why modern bigs operate out of the high post so much more

Yeah, though Shaq had a lot of good moves from the high and mid post to drive in on guys. But I think he'd need to be able to operate even further out. I think today he'd probably incorporate some of the push shots Giannis uses too.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

lmao he's already in position to do it before the shot drops

legendary little bullshit troll man

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

https://twitter.com/ClutchPointsApp/status/1640111158689406977?s=20

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
whole lotta people told a whole lotta lies about Pat Bev smh.

He is the Truth. The Light and the Way.

lmao lebron is about to drop like 90 on the Bulls on Wed.

But seriously. it's amazing how he has managed to be Great Value Mainstays Lonzo. Which is exactly what this team loving needed.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Mar 26, 2023

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
Pat Bev is a loving gem.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/randyjcruz/status/1640114321207222273

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

Pat bev needs to first be rejected (first from the clippers, then the Lakers) to be good and likable.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/jovanbuha/status/1640118543403606018

Lebron told his tendons, not today.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Lebron is literally cell

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Jeff Green played for the Sonics I'm sorry what

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

Can't beat the Bulls but he can beat Doctors expectations.

Championship level healing.

verbal enema posted:

Wait till you find out who drafted KD

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I stopped watching NBA for like a decade and started watching again a few months ago, is there a decent like weekly podcast/radio show for coverage. I just watch nets games ftw but I'd like to get some league news again.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
https://twitter.com/jovanbuha/status/1640119107650748416

I consider myself the same but for different reasons

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

In Training posted:

I stopped watching NBA for like a decade and started watching again a few months ago, is there a decent like weekly podcast/radio show for coverage. I just watch nets games ftw but I'd like to get some league news again.

Recent ones mentioned in this thread:

Stagger_Lee posted:

I listen to the Lowe Post and skip the ones where he's interviewing a non-media person.
I listen to the free Dunc'd On pods which include a lot of accounting nerds that many people can't stand.
I listen to Thinking Basketball.

temple posted:

I listen to a lot of podcasts and youtubers and they all suck. The only one I would recommend is Jason Timpf on youtube. He's laker/warrior biased but he does a good job talking about actual basketball skill and strategy as a self-admitted almost made it type of guy that's really bitter about it and thinks he knows better than real coaches.

Bismack Billabongo posted:

The only bball pod I can make it through is The Timeline

Dejan Bimble posted:

Sam vecenie pod is always good but is prospect centric
Anything with mark schindler including tag the roll a very unprofessional but thorough prospect pod
Lowe post but prepare to be annoyed
Nerder she wrote under athletic feed but its rare since partnow went over to the ninety nine dollars a week duncd on feed

Windhorst mcmahon and bontemps pod is okay
Andrew speers and schlect Saturday slam and jam is my favorite, on athletic nba podcast feed

Salvor_Hardin posted:

It requires a paid sub but Greatest of All Talk is a decent NBA pod.

Underdog Sports (World Wide Wob) does a youtube/callin show after NBA nights that I like to put on to catch up with what happened that night: https://www.youtube.com/@UnderdogNBA/streams

Best one is Rick:

Rick posted:

Thanks everyone, I legitimately appreciate how nice you all are. You can listen to my bad podcast by someone who can't breathe btwdq.com

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

verbal enema posted:

He was drafted the same year as Durant with the pick from the Ray Allen to the Celtics trade. At the time the Presti's plan was to have a team full of SFs playing kind of interchangeably.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

The doctors came up to me with tears in their eyes saying "Sir, Sir, we've never seen feet so powerful." We're looking into it and we're looking very strongly.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Athanatos posted:

Recent ones mentioned in this thread:

Underdog Sports (World Wide Wob) does a youtube/callin show after NBA nights that I like to put on to catch up with what happened that night: https://www.youtube.com/@UnderdogNBA

Best one is Rick:

:cheers:

really hope Brooklyn doesnt blow it tonight after coasting so bigly yesterday, but back to backs are messed up. So at least I can blame the schedule

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Wait, they lost to the hornets again??

Isn't that team like barely the legal limit for a playable squad

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Tae posted:

Wait, they lost to the hornets again??

Isn't that team like barely the legal limit for a playable squad

(What, your team ran out of players?) Never fear, Dennis Smith Jr is here!

temple
Jul 29, 2006

finding these is so addicting

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7214940932607626538

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

The LeBron James of Feet seems like something from the darkest reaches of the internet.

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

In Training posted:

Thank you for watching the nets brother... someone has to

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Algund Eenboom posted:

Thank you for watching the nets brother... someone has to

I went to the game on Thursday and had an absolute blast until the last 0.7 seconds ,

havelock
Jan 20, 2004

IGNORE ME
Soiled Meat

I was kinda enjoying those announcers. That guy was just so over the top about everything (including like Maxi making a routine shot) - it seems like he just actually like basketball.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The Mavs have been rear end since getting Kyrie

I for one am SHOCKED

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

havelock posted:

I was kinda enjoying those announcers. That guy was just so over the top about everything (including like Maxi making a routine shot) - it seems like he just actually like basketball.

A quality often missing from national broadcasters and commentators.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

SamuraiFoochs posted:

The Mavs have been rear end since getting Kyrie

I for one am SHOCKED

Beyond playing with a hurt foot, Kyrie has nothing to do with the Mavs being bad recently.

The biggest blame goes to Jason Kidd.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
From Reddit. Kyrie vs Luka since the trade

quote:

More games played

• More minutes played

• Better Plus/Minus (+54 vs -27 which is insane)

• Better record when it was just Kyrie

• NRTG with both of them: 5.04

• NRTG with just Kyrie: 6.49

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Kyrie is an enigma. Everyone says he's been a consumate pro behind the scenes. But at the same time some awful thing started affecting luka? did kyrie position his sage in such a way that the bad spirits went into luka's gamer headset?

And to quote zach lowe sometimes his numbers don't match his impact. Which is weird and sounds like a racist sleight of hand, but it sometimes seems true. I don't know. Its not like i've seen more than 2 kyrie luka games

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Lockback posted:

Kyrie was playing better than Luka until he hurt his foot against Memphis, since then he hasn't been able to shoot.

Luka was gimpy/dealing with injury when Kyrie got there, had to miss some time, and is playing better than Kyrie again. They had unfortunate luck with health issues after the trade that prevented them from having a chance to find a rhythm together.

Unhealthy Luka and Kyrie were better than every Mavs player except for a few Hardy games.

The Mavs need to retool the roster and get rid of everyone except: Luka, Kyrie, Hardy, and Green. Everyone else can go. Sadly, I know they won't get a center that can rebound/play defense in the offseason. That's only happened like 2 times while I've been a fan of the team.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Mar 27, 2023

temple
Jul 29, 2006

people poo poo on the mavs for so long that they didn't notice that brunson, dfs, and dinwiddie was holding it together. kyrie has the scoring part but the defense missing is killing them.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Lockback posted:

WhyteRyce posted:

I know Lockback will point to the Mavs record of Kyrie without Luka but it’s fantastic that Kyrie is speedrunning his own burn bridges record

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Another game another thought of wow the sixers really just waived Isaiah Joe for no reason

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

yeah, a whole lotta bad roster construction going on down in Dallas, Kyrie's not the issue, but the coaching has been poo poo with Kidd, and generally the GMing has been rear end for longer than that.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Ayton back tomorrow, Durant allegedly back Wednesday. This stretch without both of them was pretty loving bad, I’m ready to be rewarded for not posting that they should blow up the team.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Lockback posted:

Wait, I heard they are like 7-13 since the trade. How are they that far below .500 with a significantly positive net rating?

e: Also Jaylen Brown put up 41 in >60% shooting tonight with Tatum out and got a standing O. Feels like the fanbase got the memo that my man needs to feel the love.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
https://twitter.com/statmuse/status/1640145884401786880?s=19

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
https://twitter.com/cavs/status/1640146454441279489?t=1wecPN6Q_kJBsr-7s_gPlA&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

https://twitter.com/gregbeacham/status/1640133497867354112?s=20