Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/status/1639052908909199360

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

So uh, the Ring of Honor website goofed a bit and put up two match graphics early for SCOH.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Pylons posted:

So uh, the Ring of Honor website goofed a bit and put up two match graphics early for SCOH.

literally panting

i can't make time in my week for the ROH weekly show, it's just too much wrestling for me to follow two promotions even if ROH is the sister promotion, but i'm deffo in for the pape.

going off of Cagematch, Kommander and Hijo del Vikingo have only met twice, once in a six man tag and last year they both fought as Arcano in a normal match in AAA??

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Mar 24, 2023

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/TonyKhan/status/1639082231070179328

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

MorningMoon posted:

i can't make time in my week for the ROH weekly show, it's just too much wrestling for me to follow two promotions even if ROH is the sister promotion, but i'm deffo in for the pape.

same

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Watch ROH on your computer, when time permits

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

thank you toney

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Pylons posted:

Hell yeah

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

MorningMoon posted:

About the same here. I just watch it in bits and pieces over the weekend while working out and junk, really couldn’t squeeze in another 2 hours of wrestling on a Thursday night.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

HOOK IT TO MY VEINS!

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Yeah I don’t have time for Tony Khan’s full wrestling empire.

So I stopped watching Rampage.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

this card is an insta buy for me

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
That Eddie/Claudio sitdown segment fuckin owned. Claudio is a great promo.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

ROHthoughts

1) Tony Nese vs Mark Briscoe. Not quite a squash match but certainly there largely to enhance Briscoe. Waiting for Nese to become interesting and good rather than just good.

2) AR Fox, Blake Christian and Metalik vs Ari Daivari, Slim J, and Jeeves K. Solid junior heavyweight bout. Fox and pals are a good misc faces team, Trustbusters continue to be a good lower heel gang. Metalik in particular is flashy and spectacular. There's a couple of bits that break down in this match, but in general the crowd are very hot for it, Smart Mark Sterling gets kicked in the face, and there is a truly absurd multiman suplex spot. Very good fun face victory.

Post-bell the Embassy destroy the face team. Solid booking.

3) Lady Frost vs Skye Blue. Frost is a star in the making. She has poise, character, and blistering strikes. Skye Blue is young, talented, and reaching the end of what "face rookie" can teach her. She needs to learn character. Making her a rookie to a heel stable might be good. This match is nicely paced, decently tough, and lacks the "lost" moments that AEW women's matches have too often. Blue wins. Frost should have won.

4) Rhett Titus and Tracy Williams vs Rush and Dralistico. Rush is so loving cool. This is a fast, aggressive match, Williams in particular comes into his own and looks great.

Caprice does a face to face with Claudio and Eddie Kingston. Nice stuff. Claudio is such a solid talker now. The poisonous arrogant Claudio character is nicely insidious. Really good segment, with Kingston working things up into a frenzy. Claudio's line about Eddie being a waste of potential is the best attack line I've heard on him since the Mox feud.

5) Matt Taven vs Darius Martin. I joke about Taven a lot but he's genuinely talented. Darius is incredible, but it does feel like his brother has taken a small step ahead of him. Nonetheless this is a solid heel v face outing. The Bennetts do a lot of good support on the outside and lead to Taven sneaking the win. Nice pape build.

6) Tony Deppen vs Brian Cage. Madi Wrenkowski sighting in the crowd, whatever happened to her? Nice size disparity match. Deppen's strongest suit is his technical skill, but he breaks out some superb athletic and acrobatic tricks here. Solid fun match, and after Cage wins he attacks Deppen until the Embassy are confronted by Blake's Metallic Foxes

7) Silas Young vs Shane Taylor. Big lad vs grizzled lad. Solid striking and grappling. Neither guy is really a natural face when you have a beast and a bully, but they work together well. I'd like to see Young hook up with the Butcher and the Blade as a trio. gently caress me running, Taylor's package piledriver is a murder move.

8) Miranda Alize vs Billie Starkz. Love Alize's look. Starkz is a phenom. Nice and energetic match with two well matched opponents. Alize looks good, but Starkz looks like a future champion

9) Christopher Daniels and Matt Sydal vs Aussie Open. Tremendous matchup. For a moment during the Aussie Open entrance it looked like they gave each other a little kiss, which is nice. This is every bit as good as you'd imagine. 2000s best in the world indie fire versus 2020s best in the world tag energy. Being in a tag match covers the slight rusty spots in Daniels' game and lets him do what he does best. An underrated part of the Aussie Open tag game is that they can do every part of a tag match as well as every other. They can bully, they can brawl, they can be goofy, they can do strong style strike exchanges, they can be in trouble. Whatever role you need filled in a tag match, Aussie Open can do it.

10) Cheeseburger versus Samoa Joe. God, I love Cheeseburger. You can't help but feel good when you see him. Hope he continues to have a big role in AEWROH. He takes a beating like absolutely nobody else. This match is already over.

Fun show that fell into the pattern of a few outstanding matches, a few solid and competitive bouts, and some character-building enhancement matches. I'm pumped for the pape.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Lamuella posted:

Waiting for Nese to become interesting

Don't hold your breath

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
That was a great two hours of wrestling, probably the best weekly episode yet. The show feels like it's hitting its stride now that they've got some storylines going and established the main players.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

JUNGLE BOY posted:

this card is an insta buy for me

Hell yah its bonkers

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Don't hold your breath

his beautiful abs are very interesting imho

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

Lamuella posted:

Madi Wrenkowski sighting in the crowd, whatever happened to her?

She was hurt for a bit, looks like she's been wrestling NWA mostly recently after doing elevation in Texas in December

What the hell though? I'm like five seats from her, had no idea she was there

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

She’s also currently one half of the Mission Pro tag champs with Raché Chanel

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Would be funny if the Rosa drama where she had someone complain to The Sheets about how her crew wasn't being used anymore (when they were still being used) led to AEW not bothering to book her crew anymore.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

MassRafTer posted:

Would be funny if the Rosa drama where she had someone complain to The Sheets about how her crew wasn't being used anymore (when they were still being used) led to AEW not bothering to book her crew anymore.

I remember someone trying to push this story a while back but can’t remember who. But a lot of people raised the counterpoint that her crew was typically just booked on the Jacksonville pandemic shows and whenever they were in Texas for the most part.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

lol

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
They're still using her crew though, Renegade Twins in particular consistently get booked.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Long-Time Lurker posted:

They're still using her crew though, Renegade Twins in particular consistently get booked.

didn't VertVixen wrestle on Rampage like 2 weeks ago lol

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Alaois posted:

didn't VertVixen wrestle on Rampage like 2 weeks ago lol

Vert has definitely grown out of the Texas loop crew. She’s the current Defy women’s champ and she’s debuting in TJPW in April.

itsnews
Jul 25, 2022

MorningMoon posted:

literally panting

going off of Cagematch, Kommander and Hijo del Vikingo have only met twice, once in a six man tag and last year they both fought as Arcano in a normal match in AAA??

Not sure about the past, but 3 weeks after this they’re facing one on one in GCW.

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me
Vikingo vs. Black Taurus vs. Komander is happening the day before at the WrestleCon Super Show.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Aussie Open v Daniels/Sydal was really good. Can't wait for the pape

bartok
May 10, 2006

Dr. Baker posted:

Vikingo vs. Black Taurus vs. Komander is happening the day before at the WrestleCon Super Show.

I love what little I've seen of Black Taurus on Impact.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Aussie Open v Daniels/Sydal was really good. Can't wait for the pape

I’ve seen Aussie Open a bunch and they don’t always do much for me but that match was great.

Also, Lady Frost rules. Skye Blue still looks a little tentative at times but that might have been her best match in AEW/ROH so far.

Darius looks like he’s still a beat behind but then again, I don’t remember seeing a ton of him as a singles guy before. I’m sure it’s hard to get back to normal after everything he’s been through.

I can’t wait to see Eddie beat Claudio on Friday!

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug
Lady Frost is a star imo. I wanna see more Lady Frost!

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

DuhSal posted:

Lady Frost is a star imo. I wanna see more Lady Frost!

i said this when she was on the pandemic darks

itsnews
Jul 25, 2022

graph posted:

You never said that

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm glad Tony didn't hire Lady Frost's boat anchor of a husband.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Didn’t she almost have to retire recently? I feel like I vaguely remember her being out with an injury and things just getting progressively worse while she was hurt.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

graph posted:

I remember that she appeared once or twice but she did not make nearly the impression that she has here.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Ganso Bomb posted:

Didn’t she almost have to retire recently? I feel like I vaguely remember her being out with an injury and things just getting progressively worse while she was hurt.
Huh she's older than I thought, 38.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Watching the 7th anniversary show and Austin Aries was barely tolerated by his coworkers even then. What an unlovable little gremlin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

Ganso Bomb posted:

Vert has definitely grown out of the Texas loop crew. She’s the current Defy women’s champ and she’s debuting in TJPW in April.

She still does Texas shows, but she's billed from Irvine, CA now and mostly does west coast indies.