Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Loucks posted:

Access to CSPAM regulars’ tax returns would be hilarious imo.

D&D’s would just be depressing.

you guys file taxes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

If you want my tax deets you can just look them up. It's not like they're not openly available.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Just log on to irs.gov and pop "3D Megadoodoo" into the search bar

Adjectivist Philosophy
Oct 6, 2003

When you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.
When things happen? Yeah, that's capitalism

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Adjectivist Philosophy posted:

When things happen? Yeah, that's capitalism

i capitalismed urmom last night iykwim

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

*Guy who has only ever read Das Kapital* This is just like capitalism!

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Let's all post our salaries

I make 59k a year

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

tokin opposition posted:

I make 59k a year

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

tokin opposition posted:

I make 59k a year

nice try officer

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

couldnt even say 69 for the laugh :sad:

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

a dece few and a half figgies

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Cuttlefush posted:

you guys file taxes?

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Real hurthling! posted:

couldnt even say 69 for the laugh :sad:

I might be getting a promotion to senior computer toucher will update the thread if I earn more

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULeDlxa3gyc

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

tokin opposition posted:

I make 59k a year

56Kbps

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

I make 69 dollars and 420 cents a year and I'm d*mn proud of it

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

jeebus bob posted:

The tyranny of "good enough" will be our downfall.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

I went down a rabbit hole of children's toys and books earlier and this seems like the place to post the results:

I hate this one most of all though:

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

poemdexter posted:

I remember loving these as a kid and last winter, I bought a box so my daughter could try one and they were absolutely garbage. I know a lot of manufacturers are changing the recipes constantly trying to keep costs low, but these don't even taste like food anymore.

Same experience with KFC.

I would have killed people for it in the 70's/80's. Now it's utter trash.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Too much. No thank you

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

These ones are just kid versions of adult things, which is a genre of toy that's existed forever. Lawnmowers, vacuum cleaners, phones, etc.

This one, I assume, is actually a joke for adults?

These are the bad ones. These are the ones for parents who desperately need their children to love all the same pop culture they do.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Tiggum posted:

These ones are just kid versions of adult things, which is a genre of toy that's existed forever. Lawnmowers, vacuum cleaners, phones, etc.

Oh I realize, there's just something uncomfortable with the things your kids want to emulate being "sitting on the couch playing videogames / streaming stuff"

Tiggum posted:

It absolutely is not, there's a ton of other funko pop golden books, and a bunch of 5-star reviews saying things like "I read it to the kindergarten class I teach!"

Tiggum posted:

These are the bad ones. These are the ones for parents who desperately need their children to love all the same pop culture they do.

There's so many more too, I had to stop when I found the funko pop section because it just made me sad

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Tiggum posted:

this genre of toys is actually very useful for that age. toddlers generally want to do the thing you’re doing and are easily redirected so if they ever see you use a controller or remote control then they can safely bang away on these things and pretend

quote:

they’re kinda also jokes for adults. there’s a lot of “children’s books” that are basically gag gifts for parents or for posing for pictures.

for example my dad is an astrophysicist and got my daughter a book called “astrophysics for babies”.

though in that case she actually really likes the page with the periodic table. she just points at numbers and letters and says the letter/digit aloud. for some reason she normally starts with and is really excited about U :shrug:

hobbesmaster has issued a correction as of 05:04 on Mar 27, 2023

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

oh the funko pop tie in didn’t register, that is depressing

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
uranium does kick rear end

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

hobbesmaster posted:

for some reason she normally starts with and is really excited about U :shrug:
oh gosh :shobon:

Turtle Watch
Jul 30, 2010

by Games Forum
Uranium fever, it’s spreadin’ all around!

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

spacetoaster posted:

Same experience with KFC.

I would have killed people for it in the 70's/80's. Now it's utter trash.

Do you have an air fryer? I found a great copycat recipe for old school KFC coating that is so good I eat it twice a month. For some reason cut up chickens are also pretty cheap, so it makes for an affordable and easy meal, too.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Professor Shark posted:

Do you have an air fryer? I found a great copycat recipe for old school KFC coating that is so good I eat it twice a month. For some reason cut up chickens are also pretty cheap, so it makes for an affordable and easy meal, too.

Drop the link

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

tokin opposition posted:

I make 59k a year

His Purple Majesty
Dec 12, 2008

Professor Shark posted:

Hand over the recipe

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Teaching your babby Klingon as first language, as a joke

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Colonel Cancer posted:

Teaching your babby Klingon as first language, as a joke

I remember a while ago I was reading the wiki page for Esperanto and it mentioning some people trying to make Esperanto their kids' first languages and thinking both "christ" and also "someone's definitely done that with Klingon right"

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Shame Boy posted:

I remember a while ago I was reading the wiki page for Esperanto and it mentioning some people trying to make Esperanto their kids' first languages and thinking both "christ" and also "someone's definitely done that with Klingon right"

Wikipedia posted:

One Klingon speaker, d'Armond Speers, raised his son Alec to speak Klingon as a first language, whilst the boy's mother communicated with him in English. Alec rarely responded to his father in Klingon, although when he did, his pronunciation was "excellent". After Alec's fifth birthday, Speers reported that his son eventually stopped responding to him when spoken to in Klingon as he clearly did not enjoy it, so Speers switched to English.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Oh wow. Shame Boy nailed it in one

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

crapitalism

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Cuttlefush posted:

uranium does kick rear end

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Mods???

Epic High Five