Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
you know there are many things i hate about kieth and a small but significant one is the fact the media always call him Sir

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

also the fact he's still done nothing about this MP who is probably going to swap parties anyway

https://twitter.com/KatyMontgomerie/status/1639162921736609792?s=20

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
https://twitter.com/TabitaSurge/status/1639901598041137153?s=20

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Jk Rowling liked this lol

https://twitter.com/ShahrarAli/status/1639702935243292675?t=zE2nuMTajR21hdVxiGUqQA&s=19

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

jesus christ, is this the standard of writing that gets published in "serious" british newspapers?

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Clarkson is more than happy to whip up culture war bullshit for money but he doesn't believe half of it. He wrote a belated pro EU column in the run up to the referendum after writing decades of tepid bendy banana poo poo and was shocked when his fans were all pro leave lol

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

nawilo_420 posted:

jesus christ, is this the standard of writing that gets published in "serious" british newspapers?

No. Clarkson is a better writer and much more likeable than your average salaried journalist.

Sarah Gove is more representative of the standard

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Giles "this holiday I've taken my 3 year old daughter on is the sexiest holiday I've ever taken" Coren and Rod "I thought about becoming a teacher when I was young but decided I couldn't trust myself not to gently caress any of the students" Liddle are most representative of the standard imo. Openly revealing their deeply suspect brains and getting paid fuckloads of money for it, a perfect representation of our hosed up rotten nonce ridden island.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

Eve Fartlow.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

lmao at her story of her jewish friend supposedly having a panic attack after thinking a sign reading "free parking" said "free Palestine"

pitch a fitness
Mar 19, 2010

bedpan posted:

lmao at her story of her jewish friend supposedly having a panic attack after thinking a sign reading "free parking" said "free Palestine"

Free Parping

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
https://twitter.com/GMB/status/1640219591648456705

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

we literally solved homelessness during the pandemic for a relatively tiny cost

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

SIJOes the new ASBO hotness?

Also it's not just begging but also "people sleeping in front of shop doors" apparently. Good thing they waited for the weather to get a bit better or it might have been brutal, but then there's always the next winter.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

nawilo_420 posted:

No mention having a urinal installed at home so it's not our best, but Clarkson is probably above average. Most of the tabloids have a reading age of 4 or 5, for years I assumed that was because of the contempt they held their readers in but it turns out that's just what their writers can write at.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Zeroisanumber posted:

Reefer Madness seems too modern for Starmer, I expect him to bang on about more Victorian moral panics like the evils of cheap Gin.

The Guardian seems to be big into teetotalling so it wouldn't be a surprise.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Jel Shaker posted:

we literally solved homelessness during the pandemic for a relatively tiny cost

Yeah but that caused some people to get something for nothing

UNACCEPTABLE

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

its been long enough since I was in school I can't remember if stuff was as clear as this though I don't think i even learned about the indonesian coup

https://twitter.com/JolyonMaugham/status/1640059426978648064?s=20

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Interesting how only communism expands by force, capitalism just pops up naturally everywhere :angel:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

The air conditioning would normally ease her asthma in the heat, but it is now too expensive to put on. Nowadays, she says, breathing “is just a luxury we can’t afford”.

https://twitter.com/DrFrancesRyan/status/1640279702882467840?t=GPBZtBPOPVHcrLJnLgcoxQ&s=19

Nothing here is a surprise to you or I, cruelty is the point, and nor will Kieth even acknowledge it as a problem

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
Keith is all for cruelty, it's like one of his Main Things

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

https://twitter.com/guardian/status...ingawful.com%2F

Svensken
May 29, 2010
Christ that's bleak

Crystal Thenis
Mar 23, 2023

by sebmojo
we are getting further and further away from legal weed aren’t we

😞

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Private Speech posted:

SIJOes the new ASBO hotness?

Also it's not just begging but also "people sleeping in front of shop doors" apparently. Good thing they waited for the weather to get a bit better or it might have been brutal, but then there's always the next winter.
It's about time they cracked down on people sleeping in line to ensure they get the new poo poo.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

A Buttery Pastry posted:

It's about time they cracked down on people sleeping in line to ensure they get the new poo poo.

Those people have money and vote though. If anything they need cracking up on.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

always astounds me that the left had (some) control over the leadership of the labour party and gave it away to starmer

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Crystal Thenis posted:

we are getting further and further away from legal weed aren’t we

😞

Lol we had that brief period under brown where it was class c and the cops basically stopped enforcing it (for white people).

That's it, that's your lot.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

It owns that afaik Humza backtracked away from challenging Westminster.

The gov you're supposedly trying to get independence from breaks devolution to override your democracy, but otoh the trans

E 2 hours til we see if the snp gets an embattled centrist who tacks to the right over culture war pressure or if we get a religious crazy

Communist Thoughts has issued a correction as of 11:51 on Mar 27, 2023

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

mila kunis posted:

always astounds me that the left had (some) control over the leadership of the labour party and gave it away to starmer

i think the issue was corbyn was never really in control of the party, all these shitbags were there before his leadership and are still there now

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Yeah the left never purged so never had control, not doing so was a huge mistake, pretending that it wasn't an issue is what I can't forgive that lot for.

We didn't realise the scale of the institutional rot until the tattletale report was released far too late to do anything about it.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

what will you say
when your child asks:
why didnt you invest in
great
britain?

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

yeah the fact that starmer has had such a smooth ride, especially with corbyns defenestration, is just indicative that the party infrastructure has its own priorities

it’s a pity corbyn didn’t want to risk the implosion of the party though, we could have had a CUK-TIG 2.0 with >100 mps and utter chaos during the brexit votes and something good might have come out of the ashes by now

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
If Corbyn was the kind of guy who might have purged or imploded the party he never would have been let near the leadership. He barely got on the ballot as is

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Starmer is a great example of "lesser of two evils" in practice

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
https://twitter.com/Agitate4Change/status/1640100223283281920

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Jel Shaker posted:

i think the issue was corbyn was never really in control of the party, all these shitbags were there before his leadership and are still there now

The thing is, he was in a position to be in control of the party, briefly. It'd have been a nasty fight & he'd have been monstered by the press for it, but seeing that he got monstered for daring to continue breathing that's hardly worth considering. And the left might have lost it, for sure. But then the left lost anyway so I can't say it really matters to me if Corbyn was toppled in 2017 or 2019, so long as there was at least an attempt to wrest the controls from the people who still regard Tony Blair as the role model. But there wasn't. Which is why I deeply resent the people who stayed in Labour after Starmer became leader. And resent Jeremy Corbyn too. He just wasn't up for the fight. But there was a brief window when the Labour left still had enough votes on the NEC to bare minimum bring in mandatory re-selection which could've gotten shot of a lot of useless careerist turds that are now unflushable.

He gave the Labour right plenty of time to compromise, even after several came out of them even before he had become leader to say they'd be wreckers. After 6 months of recalcitrant MPs being obstructive to their own party they absolutely had to push through mandatory re-selection & an end to HQ parachuting in candidates against the wishes of local members, but nah, Jon Lansman was too busy stroking himself off in smugness despite not having much to be smug about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

forkboy84 posted:

The thing is, he was in a position to be in control of the party, briefly. It'd have been a nasty fight & he'd have been monstered by the press for it, but seeing that he got monstered for daring to continue breathing that's hardly worth considering. And the left might have lost it, for sure. But then the left lost anyway so I can't say it really matters to me if Corbyn was toppled in 2017 or 2019, so long as there was at least an attempt to wrest the controls from the people who still regard Tony Blair as the role model. But there wasn't. Which is why I deeply resent the people who stayed in Labour after Starmer became leader. And resent Jeremy Corbyn too. He just wasn't up for the fight. But there was a brief window when the Labour left still had enough votes on the NEC to bare minimum bring in mandatory re-selection which could've gotten shot of a lot of useless careerist turds that are now unflushable.

He gave the Labour right plenty of time to compromise, even after several came out of them even before he had become leader to say they'd be wreckers. After 6 months of recalcitrant MPs being obstructive to their own party they absolutely had to push through mandatory re-selection & an end to HQ parachuting in candidates against the wishes of local members, but nah, Jon Lansman was too busy stroking himself off in smugness despite not having much to be smug about

Yep