Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Please be Humza in the first round, as all the ash Regan terfs will surely have forbes as a second pref.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Oh yay, the punishment is, of course, more fines

https://twitter.com/10DowningStreet/status/1640302024301465600

This allows the rich to just keep on doing what they always do

e:

quote:

We are aiming to make it quicker for private landlords to evict anti-social tenants after serving notice, as well as broaden the disruptive and harmful activities that can lead to eviction.

We will also strengthen rules so previous anti-social behaviour perpetrators are deprioritised for new council housing.

My medicinal cannabis usage used to be considered antisocial until I paid into the official government protection racket. There are many medicinal users who could be evicted and then refused any rehousing help for the crime of using cannabis in their own home.

Watch as 'antisocial' becomes a catchall phrase for everything that the fascists don't like. We live in scary times...

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 12:00 on Mar 27, 2023

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Excellent. More private security firms being incentivised to harrass people who drop a fag butt

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

smellmycheese posted:

Excellent. More private security firms being incentivised to harrass people who drop a fag butt

People who litter fag butts are scum who should be brutalised

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
'ang 'em I say

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
I regularly drop my fag butt to the floor

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Failed Imagineer posted:

No they aren't, don't be a oval office.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/LBC/status/1640207899581399042

This seems like money well spent...

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

She's dead for fucksake. Give up. Might as well throw six figures to re-open the Jack The Ripper investigation.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Failed Imagineer posted:

The shopping cart fag end is the ultimate litmus test for whether a person is capable of self-governing.

To bin the fag end is an easy, convenient task and one which we all recognize as the correct, appropriate thing to do. To bin the fag end is objectively right.

There are no situations other than dire emergencies in which a person is not able to bin their fag end. Simultaneously, it is not illegal to not bin your fag end. Therefore the fag end presents itself as the apex example of whether a person will do what is right without being forced to do it.

No one will punish you for not binning the fag end, no one will find you or kill you for not binning the fag end. You must bin the fag end out of the goodness of your own heart. You must bin the fag end because it is the right thing to do. Because it is correct.

A person who is unable to do this is no better than an animal, an absolute savage who can only be made to do what is right by threatening them with a law and the force that stands behind it. The fag end determines whether a person is a good or bad member of society.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

because someone will fall over themselves to point out yes it is in fact a criminal offence to drop a cigarette end, it is a repurposed text please and thank you

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Fly tippers are arseholes.

My local HWRC introduced booking slots during lockdown and so far have kept them. I can image they're a pain to regular dumpers and potentially increasing fly tippers, but I have to say for me it's been a massive improvement. No more playing the queue lottery; I can book a slot, being prepared to wait a week in return knowing I'll be in-and-out with little waiting.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

forkboy84 posted:

She's dead for fucksake. Give up. Might as well throw six figures to re-open the Jack The Ripper investigation.

Admitting that Madeleine McCann is dead - and hopefully has been since the night she was reported missing - would involve holding the press accountable. That's not going to happen.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Those Algarve Golf Courses won’t play themselves

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Pablo Bluth posted:

Fly tippers are arseholes.

what happens when a company you engage in presumably good faith to clear out some rubbish goes and dumps it in a layby somewhere, and then something with your name and address on is later found in the pile? are you liable?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

There are actually places where binning your fag end isn't an option because there aren't any loving bins. Small Heath in Birmingham is one example, there's just no bins on the street. Not one.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

kecske posted:

what happens when a company you engage in presumably good faith to clear out some rubbish goes and dumps it in a layby somewhere, and then something with your name and address on is later found in the pile? are you liable?
How much does this happen in the real-world?

Dabir posted:

There are actually places where binning your fag end isn't an option because there aren't any loving bins. Small Heath in Birmingham is one example, there's just no bins on the street. Not one.
Stub it out and take it home? A lack of bins is also not an excuse for not picking up your dogs poo poo, or picking it up and hanging the bag from a tree when no one is looking.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Exactly this. People who casually discard fag butts have voided the social contract and are simply less worthy of respect or consideration than other humans. I'm not not obliged to respect people who actively and intentionally make the world a worse place, whether that's fascists or people "just" littering. gently caress off.

For people crying about the lack of bins or whatever, there are many little pocket things you can get to hold your discarded butts, it's a solved problem

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
The lack of bins and other investment into public spaces is loving atrocious, but agreed - If you have litter and don't see a bin, take it home with you. Not seeing a bin is no excuse.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Well if we had bins all these boats would blow them up you see

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

kecske posted:

Keep the invoice and you should be fine.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Just got my MRI results back, only one new lesion on C3-C4 vertebrae since 2012, brain is unchanged (abby normal). :woop: :woop:

Thank the gods my multiple sclerosis is about as mild as it gets.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
Yeah I bin it… if there’s a bin. If there isn’t a bin and I already have some rubbish it goes in there til I find one but no other rubbish, no bag, and I’m not anywhere particularly beautiful? It’s going on the floor, I’m not carrying around pocketfuls of fag ends if I can at all help it. Thank god we don’t have many bins any more so that no one can do a terrorism or whatever.

Also antisocial is absolutely becoming the new ‘degenerate’. You’d think there not being any such thing as society, they’d not be too bothered.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Just Another Lurker posted:

Just got my MRI results back, only one new lesion on C3-C4 vertebrae since 2012, brain is unchanged (abby normal). :woop: :woop:

Thank the gods my multiple sclerosis is about as mild as it gets.

Nice, wishing you much pain-free mobility, and many goods and cheese

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Dabir posted:

Have you considered not smoking if somehow taking your litter home with you is beyond your ken?

It's sheer selfishness. Just don't be a oval office, it's not much to ask

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Lot of .xlsm being updated today

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

forkboy84 posted:

Have you considered not smoking if somehow taking your litter home with you is beyond your ken?

It's sheer selfishness. Just don't be a oval office, it's not much to ask

I do most of my smoking on a Saturday night in Manchester City centre. The place isn’t looking any worse for a couple more fag butts down the alleys of the northern quarter.

The big question is whether you’re allowed to throw them down drains

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Harshly fining people while not making any provisions is extremely bad, but litterers are total cunts and smokers have gotten away with being defacto exempt for way too long, so buy a little stub holder and don't complain about getting rightly called out for being a selfish prick.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I don't smoke and I do take my litter home with me. But in places where you have to walk a mile with an empty kebab box just to get rid of it, I can't find it in me to blame people for chucking it on the floor. Their environment is actively hostile to responsible behaviour.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

What do they do with fag butt litterers in Denmark?

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

my grandad used to put the butts in a little tin in his pocket with the spent match and took it all home

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I'm used to walking around with litter because I have to do it when I go for a walk, backpack goes out with dinner and comes back with litter.

If there are no public bins then shops will often have one somewhere either inside the door or on the shop floor at a cleaning station.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Fag ends and chewing gum, the solution is the same. If there's no bin around when you're finished, just swallow it. The 'stays in your stomach for seven years' thing is a myth.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Fag fascism itt.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

just add a little bin pouch to all packaging, cig packs are now £120

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Sir Sidney Poitier posted:

Fag ends and chewing gum, the solution is the same. If there's no bin around when you're finished, just swallow it. The 'stays in your stomach for seven years' thing is a myth.

Got a good laugh out of me this.

One could also smoke prison rollies - that way there isn’t really anything left to chuck.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

One of the problems I've heard with just chucking your ends on the floor is that birds eat them and it ends up killing the local moggies who eat those birds.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Bring back chew and spittoons, I say

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

Switch to vaping. This has the added benefit of not making you stink.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

France, Israel, all these other countries reminding us how placid and docile our country is https://twitter.com/opinonhaver/status/1640158697807814656