Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

quote:

I got two things in my box and two things only: a dollar store electronic pinball machine and a women's small sized LED flashing t-shirt. I guess this is probably a thirty dollar shirt or something :smithicide:

e: nope, it's a $19 shirt according to the brand's webite, so according to the statement that each box will be worth MSRP $50 then this SUPER PINBALL LCD VIDEO GAME is worth $31.

e2: its manufacturer declares it to have an MSRP of $4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Platystemon posted:

Just came across this post from early in the month.

lol of course

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

this one is funny but I’m sad thinking about the games/consoles destroyed by the op :(

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Speaking of sock puppets.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3338464&userid=132040

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

CelticPredator posted:

10 second google search

Is Skrillex like 5'3". Dude looks like Lowtax could have eaten him and had room left over for goldbelly cookies.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Woolie Wool posted:

Is Skrillex like 5'3"

he's p short yeah

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Psycho Landlord posted:

RI really was the best LP guy these forums ever had

Dark ID actually

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Woolie Wool posted:

Is Skrillex like 5'3". Dude looks like Lowtax could have eaten him and had room left over for goldbelly cookies.

Yeah he's standing head and shoulders above him, which at least means they're probably about the same height now.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Yeah he's standing head and shoulders above him, which at least means they're probably about the same height now.

Goddamn

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

:vince:

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Psycho Landlord posted:

RI really was the best LP guy these forums ever had

RC Cola posted:

Dark ID actually

LP is full of treasures. good subforum. lots of good content. some of the best on the internet.

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

:perfect:

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!
The mystery box one is very funny both on the surface and because of all the 2010 style Goons posting "this is legally fraud and I have alerted the authorities" after buying a box of garbage.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

ive been saying 'baby phillipe' to myself since all this aids nonsense started

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

imo AIDS should be allowed on the forums

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

deadking posted:

The mystery box one is very funny both on the surface and because of all the 2010 style Goons posting "this is legally fraud and I have alerted the authorities" after buying a box of garbage.

Lmao seriously

quote:

If this guy is based in Irvine, believe me when I say the Irvine Police literally have nothing to do and are the most insufferable jackholes I've ever had to deal with in my life. They handcuffed a professor for riding his bike in the crosswalk and detained him (her?) for several hours. That said, their overzealousness could come in handy here.

If you call the Irvine Police, they will have five squad cars at his house within minutes. Mention that this is something they can refer to the FBI -- interstate commerce laws and whatnot -- and they'll send ten.

Sorry for those who got scammed, but this guy picked a bad city to do business in if he thinks he can get away with it.

e: If you look at his post history, Tikiman has been posting in the PSN game sharing thread as recently as today. Someone should probably post in there to get his attention.

Make sure you get both the FBI and the Irvine Police Department on the horn so we can make sure to track down and brutalise the guy who sent me plastic vampire teeth in the mail.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

DaysBefore posted:

Lmao seriously

Make sure you get both the FBI and the Irvine Police Department on the horn so we can make sure to track down and brutalise the guy who sent me plastic vampire teeth in the mail.

Goon justice, baby

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

RC Cola posted:

Dark ID actually

The Dark Id was great too but he was just funny, RI taught me things about rigid airships while flying badly in Crimson Skies. It was neat.

Still pissed about what happened to TDI.

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

:drat:

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

lmao

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Lol they go full detective and dig up a bunch of personal information and home addresses later. The gently caress. Still,

quote:

Amazing work being internet detectives! Don't bother messing with the BBB, what are they going to do? What can be done is reporting these guys to the FBI office in charge of their area of California. It looks like the Los Angeles regional office would have jurisdiction. I'm going to poke around and find out who else would be interested in fraud cases. Most likely nobody will give a poo poo, but sending off an email with links to all the relevant information doesn't take too much time at all.

Internet vengeance begin!

Epic thread

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

jesus dude.

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
spent $90 on a dvd of video game high school and some kirby stickers

someone will die for this transgression

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Psycho Landlord posted:

The Dark Id was great too but he was just funny, RI taught me things about rigid airships while flying badly in Crimson Skies. It was neat.

Still pissed about what happened to TDI.

Why, what happened. Was there a saga

rox
Sep 7, 2016

lmao the edits

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

the shirts were from the guy running the box scam's previous failed business lol

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

the shirts were from the guy running the box scam's previous failed business lol

Make your next scam environmentally responsible by recycling your old scams.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
there is a full doxx file on the OP in that thread, up to his parent's address

They tried to defend their doxxing

quote:

Is it really in any way unusual that a group of people who got defrauded are forming an angry mob and seeking legal retribution? I mean the "internet detective" work pretty much involved looking at information that was publically available, and it doesn't seem like anyone has gone over the line as far as using that information goes.

quote:

Yeah, I know bro, they should just let the guy who scammed a bunch of goons out of $30 go along on his merry way because trying to get information on the guy is creepy. :jerkbag:

The mod had to weigh in

quote:

This is a quick reminder that nothing illegal should be done to this guy (or at least not discussed on the forums).

Edit: and for the love of god don't go overboard with his parents. They didn't scam you.

Also this

quote:

Eh..the internet detective work in this thread, while effective, was pretty easy to obtain.

quote:

You know what else was easy to obtain in this thread? Several hundred dollars.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

I remember those shirts at like county fairs for a few years. They might still be there.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

skasion posted:

Square Enix nuked his youtube channel for hosting songs from their games. He doesn't want to continue after losing every solitary video to it.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

deadking posted:

The rubes who bought that poo poo absolutely deserved it and it is extremely funny imo

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

skasion posted:

Leal posted:

Square Enix nuked his youtube channel for hosting songs from their games. He doesn't want to continue after losing every solitary video to it.

Iirc this did happen but it isn't what made him stop doing lp stuff, since he came back to do Parasite Eve in early 2022. But when the war kicked off he said he supported Ukraine on Twitter and got doxxed over it, and folks started harassing his family allegedly, so he went dark.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

the peace trolls...

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!

DaysBefore posted:

McNulty from The Wire, goonishly: "If he doesn't refund every cent tell him we'll send a Better Business Bureau tactical team to his momma's house every night until they've smashed every copy of Herbie Reloaded on DVD to pieces"

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Mad because I spent 30 bucks on a random shitbox with a dollar fifty's wroth of goods inside, rather than 3 dollars worth of goods inside like most lootcrate companies.

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

:drat:

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

deadking posted:

McNulty from The Wire, goonishly: "If he doesn't refund every cent tell him we'll send a Better Business Bureau tactical team to his momma's house every night until they've smashed every copy of Herbie Reloaded on DVD to pieces"

i feel that’s more of a herc move, tbh

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

quote:

You know what else was easy to obtain in this thread? Several hundred dollars.

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Psycho Landlord posted:

Iirc this did happen but it isn't what made him stop doing lp stuff, since he came back to do Parasite Eve in early 2022. But when the war kicked off he said he supported Ukraine on Twitter and got doxxed over it, and folks started harassing his family allegedly, so he went dark.

Yeah tankies started harassing him about his dead daughter