Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Hobojim posted:

Did Buddy always love purple flowers? I can't believe I missed that lol

I just got the grandmaster merit badge and I'm not too far from the exploration and wheel spinning ones. I'm sitting on almost enough Ascension knowledge to get to tower 140 but I'm running low on easy masteries already. Time to start planning for the hard ones I suppose!

I think they recently changed some of their like/loves to help certain characters. I just gave buddy rainbow gummies every day until he was maxed out on rewards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xeras
Oct 11, 2004

Only a few find the way, some don't recognize it when they do - some... don't ever want to.

HPanda posted:

Corn jail is a very real place, isn’t it?

And I get the distinct impression that this is just the tippy top of the iceberg of growing corn.

I thought I had escaped corn jail. I was so very wrong because now I need corn oil for boots………

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

ATI somehow helps me find holes in my prep. I got to 9, and oh whoops the workers need 700 things of iced tea.

The bacon isn't too bad, but I did have to grab some fresh pigs due to butchering the last of my last batch.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

I got to T84, that T100 inventory is *so* close. Now to just work up my masteries.

Jorge Bell
Aug 2, 2006
Hi my name is Jorge Bell and I just started farming!

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Jorge Bell posted:

Hi my name is Jorge Bell and I just started farming!

Welcome! Empty and expand your mailbox! :v:

Jorge Bell
Aug 2, 2006
Yes I have expanded and emptied and got your orange juices!

Jorge Bell
Aug 2, 2006
Is there a good way to avoid carpal tunnel while exploring?

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Jorge Bell posted:

Is there a good way to avoid carpal tunnel while exploring?

You can increase you Stamina Effectiveness with Silver to spend more Stamina per click, and there are perks that further increase your SE. Once you get Apple Ciders and Lemonade/Arnold Palmers, that will also help to drastically cut down on the clicking you need to do for Exploring.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

You click on the (i) next to the area name and at the bottom will be the option to increase how much stamina per click you spend. And yeah, as you go you get better options (which can't be mailed until later).

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

The next Wall in the Way needs two hundred Gold Fliers. Ffs. :mad:

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Klungar posted:

You can increase you Stamina Effectiveness with Silver to spend more Stamina per click, and there are perks that further increase your SE. Once you get Apple Ciders and Lemonade/Arnold Palmers, that will also help to drastically cut down on the clicking you need to do for Exploring.

That said, a few late game quests will flare up your carpal tunnel something fierce.

But it can be saved for after the tower, at least.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The bug where quick crafting stops working till you back out to the main screen is absolutely infuriating.

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

I am wildly disapointed that buying additonal ovens doesn't increase your cooking xp like buying additional crop rows increases your farming xp.

So many onion soups. So many.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Twincityhacker posted:

I am wildly disapointed that buying additonal ovens doesn't increase your cooking xp like buying additional crop rows increases your farming xp.

Crap isn’t it. Still, I’ve started working on levelling up cooking again now I can just chuck pies in 3 x a day, much less hassle.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

MarcusSA posted:

The bug where quick crafting stops working till you back out to the main screen is absolutely infuriating.

This and also if I’m exploring for more stone because rings and bottles ran out, it won’t create more until I flip back into workshop I’ve noticed.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Twincityhacker posted:

Yeah I’m pretty sure I’ll have bounced off this game in about a months time and it will solely be due to cooking

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

hambeet posted:

Yeah I’m pretty sure I’ll have bounced off this game in about a months time and it will solely be due to cooking

The only reason I bothered with cooking was be of the two quests.

Imo cooking can be ignored.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Breakfast Boosts are good though. Need more of those for other crops.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

Twincityhacker posted:

Actually there is supposed to be a multiplier. I never verified myself but the number of ovens is a multiplier.
As in a single meal gives more xp the more ovens you have.
But yeah it‘s super slow, just do it on the side.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Once you can make pies it's nearly a level per batch of pies. It's nuts. I'm level 60 now and not at all fretting over it. I'll blast some ap's into the berry zone and coal zone if I'm low on either and hit the timers if they show up when I am looking at it. Otherwise I don't care. It's only just now at level 60 it's taking more than 7x pies to get to 61, basically because I'm not camping it. At level 40 it's >1 level per batch, then at 50 you add another oven so it keeps going through to 60.

Also I stir. I don't care. I have bought all the upgrades.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
I'm ready for my 1T purchase and from the other page's great analysis, I think I'll do farm row first. I've got 7,628 storage space right now so yeah, maybe I'll get more out of a farm row right now.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Tahirovic posted:

Actually there is supposed to be a multiplier. I never verified myself but the number of ovens is a multiplier.
As in a single meal gives more xp the more ovens you have.
But yeah it‘s super slow, just do it on the side.

Well poo poo, I guess I need to buy the rest of my ovens.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I would legit pay money for my theme to stop reverting back to the lovely holiday one

It’s annoying AF

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

MarcusSA posted:

I would legit pay money for my theme to stop reverting back to the lovely holiday one

It’s annoying AF

Happens to me about half the time I open the app. It’s definitely annoying.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

H110Hawk posted:

Once you can make pies it's nearly a level per batch of pies. It's nuts. I'm level 60 now and not at all fretting over it. I'll blast some ap's into the berry zone and coal zone if I'm low on either and hit the timers if they show up when I am looking at it. Otherwise I don't care. It's only just now at level 60 it's taking more than 7x pies to get to 61, basically because I'm not camping it. At level 40 it's >1 level per batch, then at 50 you add another oven so it keeps going through to 60.

Also I stir. I don't care. I have bought all the upgrades.

Don‘t worry past 70 you can pretty much ignore the skill gains again. I was cooking 82 when pies came out (3 weeks ago?) and am now at cooking 85.
I actually focused on pies (got both GMs) most of that time, with doing a lot of actions (baby sit meals at work).

What I am saying is, get to 70 for that 8th oven and then stop paying attention to it.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

MarcusSA posted:

It’s annoying AF

Mine reverts to light mode. Clicking the refresh button in the top right fixes it.

Xeras
Oct 11, 2004

Only a few find the way, some don't recognize it when they do - some... don't ever want to.
I don’t really mind cooking but I hate getting the recipes

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

Tahirovic posted:

What I am saying is, get to 70 for that 8th oven and then stop paying attention to it.

This seems like good advice. It seems like a pretty big grind beyond that for not much benefit, really. Maybe they'll add a super good meal that requires high cooking, but I'll cross that bridge when they build it.

Reminder that in terms of experience needed to max out, you're halfway to level 99 at level 93!

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Xeras posted:

I don’t really mind cooking but I hate getting the recipes

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
As if he was listening to us talk about cooking, Borgen showed up today with bone broth. I'm probably crazy for spending AC on it but I would prefer to never cook broth again.

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

I also spent all my coins on bone broth rhis week though that just seemed like the best of all the bad choices.

I'm just fustrated with cooking as I'm trying to grind out a few more perk points. Negotiator IV is my goal, but I'll probably better served by getting the exploring and cooking xp boosts.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

You also get a perk point for mastering an item.

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

True. But I currently need 21 more for Negociatior IV, so it needs to be a mix. = (

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

bbcisdabomb posted:

As if he was listening to us talk about cooking, Borgen showed up today with bone broth. I'm probably crazy for spending AC on it but I would prefer to never cook broth again.

I might, even though I just make Bone Broth for all my cooking dailies because I only have to push the buttons once.

Not to mention how pots require moonstone, too. Eugh.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Twincityhacker posted:

I also spent all my coins on bone broth rhis week though that just seemed like the best of all the bad choices.

I'm just fustrated with cooking as I'm trying to grind out a few more perk points. Negotiator IV is my goal, but I'll probably better served by getting the exploring and cooking xp boosts.

I wouldn’t bother with the exploring xp boost

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

I filled my inventory with 8000 bone broth so I don't have to deal with it again

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Sheesh.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Wait till you find out what the next quest in the chain wants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

koshmar posted:

Wait till you find out what the next quest in the chain wants.

:suicide:

I had just used all my nets on silver and a couple of fish GM's to get to t149. A few days ago I finally had 4k large nets back, turned it in, and welp.