Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I’ll be working the races at Fairplex but I’m gonna be out for TJPW. I might get to see some fuckface loser nerds wrestle at the races too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Lumbermouth posted:

Glad all the GCW people that suck have moved on to XPW

don't worry, GCW still has people who suck

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Sticky Nate posted:

don't worry, GCW still has people who suck

is there any wrestling promotion that doesnt

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Kvlt! posted:

is there any wrestling promotion that doesnt

My e-fed

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

duckdealer posted:

I'll be in LA! Going to the Supershow, TJPW, ROH, and Wrld on Lucha.

drat enjoy. ROH and Wrld on Lucha look loving insane.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

ive always wanted to get into efeds but have no idea how they work or how to start

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
Electronic Federation.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Kvlt! posted:

ive always wanted to get into efeds but have no idea how they work or how to start

It’s just roleplaying. Get together with your friends and make funny poo poo. Or super serious poo poo. Whatever floats your goat.

I’d offer to devote discord space to e-feddding but after the last mod debacle…

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
My fondest e-fedding memories from, like, 20 years ago involve my wrestler, based on the novel Nineteen Eighty-Four, appearing on Total Request Live for a promo. He also fired a gun into a person-sized birthday cake.

fake edit: Oh, and there was a PPV at Sesame Place.

fake edit 2: There was also the time he wrestled a living scarecrow, which was fatal (for the scarecrow)

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

How do you put on the actual matches tho? Or is it just booking rp only?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Kvlt! posted:

How do you put on the actual matches tho? Or is it just booking rp only?

When I was doing it, we'd have a rotating group of people who wrote the matches out every week. Usually it'd be like a few paragraphs writing up the description of what happened for smaller matches and then writing out the actual full commentary with descriptions of what was happening for the bigger matches and PPVs.

Winners would generally be decided by committee who voted on who had the best RPs for that match/cycle, but as we got older we kind of got more into the long story arc stuff and less into the bragging rights of beating someone week to week so the winning and losing became less important to serve the greater storylines.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
tbh, e-fedding was more of a 2000s trend because people were so desperate for an alternative back then that they created their own. I'm sure it still runs in some small circles now, but the most I've seen in recent years surrounds wrestling games where you can have your CAWs fight. So it might be hard to find one nowadays, let alone a good one.

Also, being the 2000s, everyone had a dark edgy tweener character, so every promo would just be some dude brooding. Those arenas must have had like 20 boiler rooms.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Bonk posted:

Also, being the 2000s, everyone had a dark edgy tweener character, so every promo would just be some dude brooding. Those arenas must have had like 20 boiler rooms.

Please don't out me like this

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Bonk posted:

tbh, e-fedding was more of a 2000s trend because people were so desperate for an alternative back then that they created their own. I'm sure it still runs in some small circles now, but the most I've seen in recent years surrounds wrestling games where you can have your CAWs fight. So it might be hard to find one nowadays, let alone a good one.

I don't think this is true at all, the net was lousy with e feds during the Monday night wars.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I don't think this is true at all, the net was lousy with e feds during the Monday night wars.

Yeah, people were excited about wrestling and wanted to do it themselves. But better. :smuggo:

Me, I'm content now with just playing some TEW and then getting mad and quitting because I make the jump to Cult status and the costs outweigh the profits.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Dawgstar posted:

Yeah, people were excited about wrestling and wanted to do it themselves. But better. :smuggo:

Me, I'm content now with just playing some TEW and then getting mad and quitting because I make the jump to Cult status and the costs outweigh the profits.

But in TEW money is fake because you can just give yourself more (of Ted's money)

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

Speaking of DPW — I went to their show on Sunday and it *ruled*. I will be keeping up with them if they are consistently that good.

Here’s a photo I took.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

all the shows ive watched of theirs have been pretty darn good

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://twitter.com/EnjoyWrestle/status/1640771317526822913
Proud I was able to get 3 of these sponsors on this (I got my DSA chapter to sponsor it with a motion, paid for The Proletariat Lariat, and was on The Lions Led By Donkeys discord and basically said "You should sponsor this)

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

jfc how do “promoters” pull this poo poo

https://twitter.com/emisakura_gtmv/status/1641937352066052099?s=46&t=QyXPfLVQqBSf-hUiTzqcgw

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

NPU Promoter Ryan Fox was a persona non grata for booking Drake Wuertz. This poo poo just put him on the On Sight List.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
I'm confused, what happened?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

NPU brought in Best Bros to do a thing at Circle6's mania week stuff, disappeared leaving Best Bros with no hotel, no transport and no return flights.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Yesterday it was reported that MLW fired Enzo Amore; today he tweeted some stuff about how he was never even contracted to them, didn't know until the most recent taping that they were promoting him being in a world title match in a week (which went against what he claims to have told Court on day one of agreeing to appear with them that he never wanted to be in that title scene), and he was pissed about both that and their plans to have him diss and eventually fight Richard Holliday (who just completed chemo treatments in February; implies the disses were supposed to bring up that he wished the cancer won)

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

How long have Jordan Oliver and Nick Wayne been a team? Saw a few of their matches this weekend and really enjoyed them. I feel like I sort of got burned out on Oliver a while back but this team really works for me.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

They've been a regular/not one-off team since last May

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Speaking of Nick Wayne, peep this rad match vs Travis Williams from my local indie. It was a total surprise to open the show, nobody knew he was there. I'll post more from this card if they put the whole show up, the main selling point of the show was Miyu, Maki, and Suzuki on the card.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rGvfsVoL5M

NEW's production values are getting a lot better. It used to be all hard cam and blown out audio.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

https://twitter.com/EnjoyWrestle/status/1642906009713737728
Man the PA Sport's Commission sucks with their rules

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

This sucks poo poo and I'm bummed that it could put an end to the LVAC shows

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

Expect a lot of shows just over the border.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Is it 2003 or 2023?

Those rules sound like what they enacted after a bunch of CZW/XPW shows went a little too far (i.e. Zandig meathook incident).

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

All the indie stuffs totally gonna be across the river next year

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

A return to companies running in Delaware & New Jersey, it's very 2003.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Some of those rules are good.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Time to stop calling it wrestling and just calling it performance art. I am going to be so mad if LVAC & HTW have to stop running cause of this.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

syzpid posted:

Time to stop calling it wrestling and just calling it performance art. I am going to be so mad if LVAC & HTW have to stop running cause of this.
Yeah I think in PA the sport's commission treats pro-wrestling like Boxing and MMA

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Rules like this killed indie wrestling in DC. Also I'm told it's not actually new?

E: They're just letting promotions who don't normally run in PA be aware of the rules if they come for WM weekend next year. But yeah, a bunch will be across the river.

Endless Mike fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Apr 3, 2023

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
are those new rules, or are those just existing rules the tweet author is warning anyone who wants to run mania weekend about?

i've been expecting a very low key setup with like:

* mania at the eagles stadium
* nxt at the 76ers arena
* roh at the liacouras center (aew uses it and it's 10k capacity and easy to get to)
* wrestlecon shows at the ecw arena (njpw uses it so seems like an easy hookup)
* gcw somewhere across the river

if those are existing rules it does explain why gcw has basically never run philadelphia from what i can tell though, seems like it'd be a big market for them if they could

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

Some of those rules are good.

But banning blading is not one of them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

abraham linksys posted:

if those are existing rules it does explain why gcw has basically never run philadelphia from what i can tell though, seems like it'd be a big market for them if they could

They used to run Voltage Lounge, but haven't sought out a new venue since it closed during the pandemic.