Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Reddit has helpfully advised me that I look like a "15 year old fortnite boi"
I couldn't resist:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_t3rDBU7kZE

Skill Plan/Build and Itemization is in the description.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
"Video Unavailable" is a weird build name and how the hell do you acquire a "This Video Is Private"?

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Reddit has helpfully advised me that I look like a "15 year old fortnite boi"

whypick1 posted:

"Video Unavailable" is a weird build name and how the hell do you acquire a "This Video Is Private"?

Weird. I made it public. Thanks for noticing.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk
I wonder how badly they'll nerf sorcerer's mana->ward talent.

e: Or maybe they'll nerf glacier to be unusable? That would be way more depressing.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

I made a thing

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.

NPR Journalizard posted:

I made a thing

Now slam it onto another thing

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Well spawned into an monolith loaded with damage modifiers and got immediately one shot, think I do need to buff up my defenses for a bit. Not sure where to farm if I can't quite cut empowered monos, maybe try squeezing out the couple blessings I need?

Draynar
Apr 22, 2008
I tried that town portal after monoliths to reset shop I saw here and when I took tp back I was inside a tree in a different zone 🙃

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

I only had the chance to play for an hour or so, but I already have three skeleton friends, and something that makes BEES swarm and attack 10% of the time I hit. Game is fun so far, and I love the aesthetic.

Char
Jan 5, 2013
Ok now I leveled a bit my druid. I tried werebear form because it looked cool.

wait, wait, you can press Q and run in a direction and kill everyone who's weak enough by ramming into them?
then W to jump into them and trigger Upheaval?
THEN E to roar, stun, pull everyone and trigger an attack speed boost, then SWIPE TO DEATH everthing?!

and then gently caress off in another direction and level the next pack of mobs???

it this Marvel Heroes Juggernaut?????

:getin:

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012

Draynar posted:

I tried that town portal after monoliths to reset shop I saw here and when I took tp back I was inside a tree in a different zone 🙃

This isn't necessarily directed at you, but is useful and not-obvious knowledge for anyone coming to this game from other ARPGs: you don't need to touch a teleporter or portal to fast-travel. You can just open your map and go from anywhere to anywhere you've unlocked.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Char posted:

Ok now I leveled a bit my druid. I tried werebear form because it looked cool.

wait, wait, you can press Q and run in a direction and kill everyone who's weak enough by ramming into them?
then W to jump into them and trigger Upheaval?
THEN E to roar, stun, pull everyone and trigger an attack speed boost, then SWIPE TO DEATH everthing?!

and then gently caress off in another direction and level the next pack of mobs???

it this Marvel Heroes Juggernaut?????

:getin:

I was beyond disappointed with how the Werebear/Werewolf felt in D4 this weekend; the Druid is so good in LE.

Falcorum
Oct 21, 2010
Necromancer feels amazing in comparison to the bladedancer I took through the campaign initially. I wasn't a massive fan of the shadow clone mechanic and overall it just feels like every necro skill has a clearer use/better synergies.

On a side note, I hope they end up adding some more dynamic elements to the maps, as right now there's no point in looking around other than the occasional golden chest guarded by a handful of mobs.

Hollow Talk
Feb 2, 2014

Falcorum posted:

Necromancer feels amazing in comparison to the bladedancer I took through the campaign initially. I wasn't a massive fan of the shadow clone mechanic and overall it just feels like every necro skill has a clearer use/better synergies.

On a side note, I hope they end up adding some more dynamic elements to the maps, as right now there's no point in looking around other than the occasional golden chest guarded by a handful of mobs.

Counterpoint: Bladedancer is the “delete the whole screen, now” class. Shadow Cascade + Umbral Blades + Shurikens, all triggered by Shift and/or Synchronised Strike. Shift -> dead screen (and sometimes a screen over)

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009
I didn't realize from the game description just how "we played Chrono Trigger" this game's premise was going to be.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Draynar posted:

Oh yeah I forgot to mention you need to take the waypoint back instead of using the portal.

Char
Jan 5, 2013

Agnostalgia posted:

I didn't realize from the game description just how "we played Chrono Trigger" this game's premise was going to be.

Elder Gaspar from the End of Time, where you unlock your special magic

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Agnostalgia posted:

The references abound!

Not related to CT you ever wonder why there are teleporting bears called Jahith? Because the D2 rune word for the teleporting armor is Jah Ith Ber.

Clever bastards.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Hollow Talk posted:

Counterpoint: Bladedancer is the “delete the whole screen, now” class. Shadow Cascade + Umbral Blades + Shurikens, all triggered by Shift and/or Synchronised Strike. Shift -> dead screen (and sometimes a screen over)

Yeah, bladedancer is great, you can dash through 95% of the content and melt it in your wake. You absolutely poo poo on bosses too.

I played it a fair bit in 0.8.5, but I might roll another as soon as I find the gloves. It also benefits greatly from a bastion, but you can also just use a rare in the meantime.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Been playing this a lot more after being disappointed in the D4 beta. This is way up my alley so far!

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Hauki posted:

I played it a fair bit in 0.8.5, but I might roll another as soon as I find the gloves. It also benefits greatly from a bastion, but you can also just use a rare in the meantime.

I've just been running 2x Smoke Weavers on mine and rarely even come close to dying at ~200 corruption. And I'm still missing Wings of Argentus which is a significant defensive layer. Shadow Daggers are just OP. Scales with Throwing AND Melee and always crits.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
maxroll.gg has info on this game and build guides w/loot filters. In case you guys are like me and too stupid to figure out builds yourself.

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009

Char posted:

Elder Gaspar from the End of Time, where you unlock your special magic

Whose advice for stopping the end of the world is "idk, go kill the most goth wizard you can find."

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Traxis posted:

I've just been running 2x Smoke Weavers on mine and rarely even come close to dying at ~200 corruption. And I'm still missing Wings of Argentus which is a significant defensive layer. Shadow Daggers are just OP. Scales with Throwing AND Melee and always crits.

Well tbf two smoke weavers is a lot of dodge

Shadow daggers is my favorite build I've tried so far, though I'm leveling a squirrel master now so we'll see

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005
I like the plot of this game a bit. It really seems like the player is just jumping through time breaking things.

For example, in the early parts of the game, you gotta get two weird orb things to progress through the temple of Eterra, and to do so you very briefly travel back to the ancient age. If you look at the map, you'll see that the temple appears to have fallen out of the sky at some point after the ancient age. I wonder if the player dislodging random objects has anything to do with that? Lmao.

If I had to guess, the player is either Eterra or Orobyss or both.

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

That's right! I'm the counting sheep, Meeko. And I'm a proper sheep youkai!

Sab669 posted:

I kinda sorta get why DOTs can't Crit, but it's dumb that Disintegrate is considered a DOT :colbert:

Trading isn't implemented so does it matter? Or do you just mean things worth stashing away for potential Alts? Either way https://www.lastepochtools.com/builds/

LET is the go-to resource for this game

https://www.lastepochtools.com/db/items/UAzDMwdgFiA

Disintegrate can't crit itself, but Ignivar's Head lets it scale off of crit chance as basically a More multiplier. Add in a Gambler's Fallacy too for the funni.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Traxis posted:

Ah, yeah, I was running an exalted obsidian dagger with crit multi & phys, bleed & shred, sealed frailty. Bastion because it's busted. I don't know if I could justify Wings for this build, I like class mods and health too much. I had an LP2 Claws before, didn't get the hybrid health, but got more crit and shred on it at least.

MMF Freeway posted:

Well tbf two smoke weavers is a lot of dodge

Shadow daggers is my favorite build I've tried so far, though I'm leveling a squirrel master now so we'll see

Squirrels are fun, I just found a Scurry but I don't really want to reroll for it right now

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I just unlocked bladedancer - apparently Shadow Strikes is confirmed bugged and not worth using?

Edit - Meant to say Dancing Strikes.

Edit again - Seems to be working fine for me, using dual daggers and online.

Kaddish fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Mar 27, 2023

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
I think it was bugged at the start of .9 but has since been hotfixed

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

It's still bugged, but the bug is that it will let you use the skill when you aren't dual wielding but the animation only plays once and then the skill doesn't do anything. If you are dual wielding likke you are supposed to then it functions just fine.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
Hey, this game is fun! Sorry if it's been asked already but is it normal that when I portal back to town, the map resets itself (automap becomes unfilled, enemies respawn)? I almost die like every single time I go to town because when I come back it seems like I've been getting wailed on by 100 enemies while I was in the loading screen. It's gotten to the point where I don't even bother looking at loot once my inventory is full. I played awhile back and don't remember that happening. Otherwise I'm having a great time being a Wearbear.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

You are probably picking up too much stuff. Set up the autofilter!

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
I am using the auto filter to only show yellow items or above. I don't know what that would have to do with why the map resets itself every time I portal to town.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Volte posted:

I am using the auto filter to only show yellow items or above. I don't know what that would have to do with why the map resets itself every time I portal to town.

You shouldn't need to go back to town multiple times per map. I'll go 5-6, minimum, before needing to look into inventory management.

Also, some blues are really good and worth picking up. Yellow and above isn't a good filter.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
I don't even go a single time, because if I do, I get nearly killed when I step back into my portal.

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012
Maps reset for me too, and it's understandable why that could be frustrating.

GetDunked
Dec 16, 2011

respectfully
I'm getting a very fun bug where after shattering a few items, runes of shattering stop working entirely, and they all disappear after I relog... It's making me not want to hoard items which is the greatest arpg sin

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Playing bladedancer after leveling swarmblade druid up to around 80 is pretty dang fun.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Volte posted:

Don't do that, a magic item with two high tier affixes you want is worth a shot at yellow-fying (rarifying?!??!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Don't do that, a magic item with two high tier affixes you want is worth a shot at yellow-fying (rarifying?!??!)
Okay, thanks for the tip. Is there any point putting much effort into doing that before the late game? I'm like level 30 now and haven't been paying too much attention to items.