Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1640353190414565378

Palmtree Panic posted:

Better be 10 minutes of korok seed puzzles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Palmtree Panic posted:

Better be 10 minutes of weapon durability footage.

Ten minutes of him hitting different weapons against a rock wall and counting how many hits until they break.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Looper posted:

i like the lego games where they don't talk and just pantomime everything in cutscenes

There's actually a mode (cheat?) in the new one that lets you swap to that

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Aonuma: Good morning. So in the new Zelda game link has a gun.

It is much easier to kill people with a gun. You must shake the joycon to reload.

So here you can see after shooting several bokoblin, Link's wanted rating has gone to two stars. At this point you will be pursued by police. This is why you can make a vehicle

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

John Wick of Dogs posted:

So in the new Zelda game link has a gun.

Is nothing sacred.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

In this game Link is blind we just saw John wick so you are blind too

Jigsaw
Aug 14, 2008

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom is now The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kongdom. You will join your favorite Kongs as you reclaim their bananas from the Yiga clan, who have joined forces with King K. Rool.

It will be released in a bundle with Silksong. There will be no other way to purchase the game. Thank you for understanding.

Jigsaw fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Mar 27, 2023

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I’d rather have ten minutes of WW and TP ports being announced, tbh

I loved BotW and I’m sure this next one will be amazing too. I don’t really need to be sold on it

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

man nurse posted:

I loved BotW and I’m sure this next one will be amazing too. I don’t really need to be sold on it

It's classic Activision style marketing; they can't do a demo/beta, so Nintendo is doing a gameplay vid a month out to stoke preorder and news/YouTube hype in the final stretch.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Mister Facetious posted:

It's classic Activision style marketing; they can't do a demo/beta, so Nintendo is doing a gameplay vid a month out to stoke preorder and news/YouTube hype in the final stretch.

They could show another 30 second trailer and it would generate hours of YouTube video hype.

Also people deciding things like "you'll play as Zelda and it takes place entirely underground"

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
You play as a Goron who is stuck in a well.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Lego Star Wars is a great example of how more isn’t always necessarily better. Game is extremely bloated, content for the sake of content. But it already sold millions of copies so they will continue to poo poo out mediocre, glitchy Lego games until climate change renders the earth uninhabitable, I suppose.

Skywalker Saga is basically a mobile idle clicker where you are shuffled through meaning quick Wario-esque minigames where you can't lose.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Lego Star Wars is a great example of how more isn’t always necessarily better. Game is extremely bloated, content for the sake of content. But it already sold millions of copies so they will continue to poo poo out mediocre, glitchy Lego games until climate change renders the earth uninhabitable, I suppose.

turning into the joker due to playing lego star wars lol

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Super-NintendoUser posted:

Skywalker Saga is basically a mobile idle clicker where you are shuffled through meaning quick Wario-esque minigames where you can't lose.

You can pay studs to skip them, too. It’s absolutely mindless.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

To be fair I’m pretty sure every Lego game is impossible to lose since you immediately get revived right where you were with only the penalty of losing some in game currency

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
The new Legend of Zelda is a reskin and remaster of Donkey Kong Jungle Beat.

rox
Sep 7, 2016

lego games freakin own

lord of the rings and jurassic park are my favs, but star wars is a stone cold classic

i rememebr stayin up all night with my lil bro trying to get the last few minikits we were missing and getting yelled at by our parents cuz we didnt wanna go to school the next day lmao

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

can't believe this game for children is easy

SecretSquirrel
Jun 3, 2003

Masticator

Severedseven posted:

My launch Switch has started to sound like a lawn mower when I play pretty much any game now. I've tried blowing it clean with compressed air and it's still making a super loud sound when the fan kicks on. From what I've read it sounds like I need to replace the fan. Has anyone here done this before? It looks like you have to take out quite a lot of the guts to get to the fan and replace some thermal paste. I've built PCs and done some solder work in the past but I don't have any of the tools to open a switch. Would it make more sense to send it in for repairs or to pick up tools and parts to do it my self? I'm well outside of the warranty at this point.

I did it with the iFixit guide and a step by step youtube video after the fan fully stopped working. It was a little harrowing because I don't consider myself good with electronics but everything went in okay and it worked until I got myself an OLED. Having a kit with with a spudger and some electronics tweezers helped a lot to get all the cables out and in as well.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Stux posted:

rox
Sep 7, 2016

Stux posted:

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

We live in a lego society

rox
Sep 7, 2016

lego city undercover owned

rox
Sep 7, 2016

2017 truly the pinnacle year for gaming

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

haha what posted:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Btw I just got It Takes Two and Lego Star Wars Skywalker Saga

One of which is an incredible cooperative experience that is exciting, heartwarming, enjoyable, and a real reminder that video games can be simple, fun, and engaging.

The other is lego star wars.

God no, It Takes Two is an incredibly toxic relationship that needed to end yesterday, and legitimately thought making their kid miserable would solve their curse.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Neddy Seagoon posted:

God no, It Takes Two is an incredibly toxic relationship that needed to end yesterday, and legitimately thought making their kid miserable would solve their curse.

Isn't that they parents are idiots and have to learn not to be idiots sort of the point of the story?

An Actual Princess posted:

can't believe this game for children is easy

I hate to use the term skinner box since all games are inherently such, but there's a different between Lego Star Wars and a better game, say Dues Ex, similar to how there's a difference between reading Twilight and For Whom the Bell Tolls. But I feel like this conversation is going to quickly go off the rails so I'll just bail out of this now and say that Skywalker Saga is way too over stimulating for kids, and it just bends upon the same kind of addiction psychology that loot box/microtransaction games do, so I'd rather not have it around.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

haha what posted:

Yeah it was the exception, it’s really awesome.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Umm voodoo couples’ therapy book solved their issues and brought them closer together through the power of love. Nothing wrong with that!

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Isn't that they parents are idiots and have to learn not to be idiots sort of the point of the story?

I hate to use the term skinner box since all games are inherently such, but there's a different between Lego Star Wars and a better game, say Dues Ex, similar to how there's a difference between reading Twilight and For Whom the Bell Tolls. But I feel like this conversation is going to quickly go off the rails so I'll just bail out of this now and say that Skywalker Saga is way too over stimulating for kids, and it just bends upon the same kind of addiction psychology that loot box/microtransaction games do, so I'd rather not have it around.

[swirling my wine around the glass before taking a short sharp sip] this episode of bluey pales in comparison to vertigo

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

GameXplain is going to have a goddamned field day with those ten minutes of TOTK gameplay.

They had, what, a 40 minute video for the SMM2 trailer?

Rugikiki
Jan 15, 2008

Illinois Nazis.
I hate Illinois Nazis!

Stux posted:

[swirling my wine around the glass before taking a short sharp sip] this episode of bluey pales in comparison to vertigo

Extremely unfair to Bluey

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

GameXplain is going to have a goddamned field day with those ten minutes of TOTK gameplay.

They had, what, a 40 minute video for the SMM2 trailer?

Those loving condescending "Here's 35 things YOU DIDN'T NOTICE during the TotK gameplay video!" YouTube videos.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

The parents are extremely unhappy around each other and the father is dumb enough to think that his kid's tears will make them better, because 'thats how magic works'. At no point does his wife question this beyond a cursory 'are you sure'. They literally dance in her tears and at no point feel remorse for what they have done, except for the fact that it didn't work.

Really they have a point where they remember being happy and then make up in the very end but frankly the ending probably would've been better if they determined that they were happier being separated, but learned a lesson that allowed them to remain friends and co-parent their daughter.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

It may be an impossible ask, but I'd love for people to talk about this with spoiler tags. I'm trying to go as relatively blind as possible into a game I know I'm buying come what may. The best thing about BotW was knowing absolutely nothing about it and just seeing it completely and utterly fresh. The few trailers they've already shown are enough to know what's new and that's all I need till I get it.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Dues Ex

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
I think parents would probably still choose getting dragged through any of the Lego games than, like, the Paw Patrol licensed game. When's Bluey though.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Pokemon ftw,

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Stux posted:

Hi Stux,

Your new avatar is funny

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Severedseven posted:

My launch Switch has started to sound like a lawn mower when I play pretty much any game now. I've tried blowing it clean with compressed air and it's still making a super loud sound when the fan kicks on. From what I've read it sounds like I need to replace the fan. Has anyone here done this before? It looks like you have to take out quite a lot of the guts to get to the fan and replace some thermal paste. I've built PCs and done some solder work in the past but I don't have any of the tools to open a switch. Would it make more sense to send it in for repairs or to pick up tools and parts to do it my self? I'm well outside of the warranty at this point.

I also have built a few PCs and soldered like twice. I followed the iFixit guide linked earlier and didn't have too many problems.

The only thing that gave me worry were the Zero Insertion Force connectors. I have a history of tearing those, because for whatever reason for me those things are way harder to operate than much-insertion-force connectors. I think the guide calls them out.

It took me somewhere between an hour and two because I was extremely careful, but everything went back together successfully and my launch Switch is as good as new. (Well probably the battery doesn't last as long but I try to play it plugged in even if I'm in handheld mode.)

The top of the guide calls out that launch Switches don't have a certain pad you'd otherwise have to remove, but I missed that at first and had a minor panic.

And yeah might as well replace the thermal paste while you're at it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

mycot posted:

I think parents would probably still choose getting dragged through any of the Lego games than, like, the Paw Patrol licensed game. When's Bluey though.

i got like 7 different lego games for my kid over the last year and a half (they go on sale for $3 or so really often) and they're pretty much all a blast except for harry potter. skywalker saga is definitely really bloated and the switching characters a real pain in the butt compared to the other ones. he mainly just wants to run around smashing stuff into pieces, which is also what he does with his real legos

i'm not sure how a bluey game would really work but i'm up for it