Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Brimstone Inquiry
Jan 21, 2007

tiaz posted:

I have doubts about the RKG-1600s they sometimes drop, but when it's the "normal" handheld F-1 grenades, I could see that bouncing off chicken wire like this, at least when they're lower altitude.
lol at the chances of all of them getting outfitted like this though.
I feel like this would only help in making impromptu aerial explosions when Ukraine inevitably glues hooks and spikes to the grenades to make them catch onto the canopy.

...so they should totally do this.

(worst. snipe. ever.)

Brimstone Inquiry fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Mar 27, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuna-Fish
Sep 13, 2017

Der Kyhe posted:

Hungary just OK'd Finland's NATO membership.

IIRC it's now just waiting for the final OK from Turkish national assembly. The foreign relations committee and Erdogan already okayed it, but it still needs to go to the floor.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Tuna-Fish posted:

IIRC it's now just waiting for the final OK from Turkish national assembly. The foreign relations committee and Erdogan already okayed it, but it still needs to go to the floor.

Yes. And the Finnish parliament already voted about it month ago, and the president Niinistö signed the laws last week. Literally the moment the Turkish national assembly has its vote and if it passes as promised, we can drop the paperwork to the Washington and make it official. If it happens on Wednesday by the weekend Finland is in.

Sweden is still totally unknown, "during this year" is the best guestimate our news agencies give.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Dwesa posted:

Well, aim them is all they will possibly do.

Marge is perfectly sane person

https://twitter.com/Prune602/status/1640182413388029952

I can change her

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

She'll break your heart..........by stabbing you repeatedly in the chest.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Cthulu Carl posted:

I think it's just gonna be the Russo-Ukrainian War.

A ton of stupidity can be encompassed with a bland name, like the Russo-Japanese War.

in Russia it will be the War of NATO Aggression

Karate Bastard posted:

The Cringe War of the Third Millennium.

The Cringean War

Alan Smithee fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Mar 27, 2023

SlurredSpeech609
Oct 29, 2012

Alan Smithee posted:

I can change her

Shes going to change you.

GSV Fuck Your God
Aug 27, 2003

small-l liberalism
The War of Two More Weeks

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/MalcontentmentT/status/1640288994960490498
..... I have no words

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Crab Dad posted:

Assault Beaver.

Habben wir doch Biber zu Hause.

Biber zu Hause:

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

The Great Patriotic War Of Fish In Cubes

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

The Great Patriotic Fart

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Capitalist Western forces have no care for recycling, and yet Moscow even at the cost of its own lives...

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/natemook/status/1640366079019982849?s=20

America will make you gay slaves

also please stop dropping grenades on us while we are in flagrante delicto.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

LOL

Molotovs bread baskets are once again on the menu like holy poo poo lol

Leaflet drops? 13 months into a war of imperialism?

Maybe they can pull out the T-34s with propaganda loud speakers mounted on them

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

wow so the one time i lasso my friend while wearing my nice american flag shirt and it ends up on propaganda. okay. i see how it is.

SlurredSpeech609
Oct 29, 2012

Alan Smithee posted:

also please stop dropping grenades on us while we are in flagrante delicto.

Whats going on with the bottom left picture there?

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Maybe they can pull out the T-34s with propaganda loud speakers mounted on them

...But they don't have the bread to offer for the ukrainian troops abandoning their positions?

zone
Dec 6, 2016

same energy

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Propaganda stuffed missile is the new hotness. I cannot wait for the friendly nuke icbm tube filled with home radon test kits that levels a historic monument in an act of aggressively thoughtful kinship.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

BUMBACLOT posted:

This war is bad

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(War, huh) Yeah!
(What is it good for?) Absolutely nothing, uhuh

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name

Alan Smithee posted:

Where do I sign up

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/Flash_news_ua/status/1640334126749302784
A smoking accident happened in an ammunition warehouse in Donetsk.

secular woods sex
Aug 1, 2000
I dispense wisdom by the gallon.
In my head I hear the “Don’t interrupt me, Michael, I will scratch your eyes out” in Jessica Walter’s voice.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMH57jMP1QY
Two new, somewhat short, intercepted calls. One is of a woman calling her husband talking about another soldier who pinched an abandoned generator from a village they were in. Her husband asks, bemusedly, "why would we need one when we already have power?" and the wife justifies it by saying that's what Russians do with left behind stuff. Second call is between two Russian soldiers talking about a shakedown being conducted among the mobilized by their commandant. So they started hiding whatever they have or looted just to make sure nothing gets taken from them, along with mention of heavy drug and alcohol abuse.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
https://twitter.com/TreasChest/status/1640204296158412801?s=20

When you mix vodka and grenades

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Jesus Christ

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I thought that's just an empty bottle. Does anyone still use the WW2 style grenades?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Bad at war

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat

secular woods sex posted:

In my head I hear the “Don’t interrupt me, Michael, I will scratch your eyes out” in Jessica Walter’s voice.

what could a failed imperialistic jab westward cost, michael? 5 generations?

theghostpt
Sep 1, 2009

Cargo shorts, flipflops and stripped black and white shirt is not the look id expect to see in a "how to throw a grenade" video, but looking at the conclusion of it it makes total sense.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

you send a moblik to the front, collect a death benefit in sausage, his commanding officer confiscates the inner meat portion and ships back the discarded sausage casing along with an official document declaring him to be missing/awol rather than Kia so you aren’t owed so much more as a single ruble throw that rind in a pot of water and baby, you got a stew going!

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

So that's why the Swiss aren't letting anyone use their weaponry. They want a return to 16th century pike and shot so their mercenaries will reign supreme.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

mobby_6kl posted:

I thought that's just an empty bottle. Does anyone still use the WW2 style grenades?

yeah, apparently it's one of these

it's a shaped charge, so it won't necessarily kill you if you throw it eight feet into a tree branch

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/Flash_news_ua/status/1640318118261129219
China are none too happy about Putler's decision to put nooks on Belarusian soil.

micron
Nov 15, 2005

I’ve seen nothing recently of any Bradley or Abrams news. Are they still training or would we expect some sweet bushmaster action soon?

zone
Dec 6, 2016

micron posted:

I’ve seen nothing recently of any Bradley or Abrams news. Are they still training or would we expect some sweet bushmaster action soon?

Training is still ongoing, though some batches have finished their training.

https://twitter.com/Gerashchenko_en/status/1640358924648947716
good loving luck, you incompetent buffoons will need it.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

zone posted:

Training is still ongoing, though some batches have finished their training.

https://twitter.com/Gerashchenko_en/status/1640358924648947716
good loving luck, you incompetent buffoons will need it.

That meeting between Xi and Putin really must have gone south.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

mobby_6kl posted:

I wonder how much the camo net is going to do against thermals (which admittedly not all drones have). I have some net and checked it on on the balcony, my leg can pretty easily bee seen behind it

:negative:

Yes, a hose full of horse cum

Any bit of obscuriation is good, people are not going to be 100% on point all the time so if you can be behind cover of some kind that hides you even slightly you are improving your chances.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/wartranslated/status/1640464065947656193
It's almost like motivated, trained men who have to use these systems to save the lives of their comrades and the civilians who they must protect, who also have previous battlefield experience, who do almost nothing but train every day, will learn faster than idiot propagandists like you think.