Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Since when is our thick necked son considered a first rounder? Good for him if true.

Bad C class. He and Wypler would be day 2 guys most years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

TheGreyGhost posted:

Bad C class. He and Wypler would be day 2 guys most years.

Yeah the class is not ideal for centers but the discourse around ‘ole JMS, even after the senior bowl, was that he was a second rounder.

I’d still draft him. Love his moxie.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Honestly hoping he falls to the Bears in the second. I don't mind trading up for him.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I’d love that for the bears. Grab your LT at 9, then your center in the second, who knows what the third could hold…

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I just assume JMS won’t be available to the Jets unless they trade up so I’m all in on the local Montvale kid in Wypler in the 2nd.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I’d love that for the bears. Grab your LT at 9, then your center in the second, who knows what the third could hold…

That's my thought process. Johnson at 9, JMS in the second and you can finish fixing the defense next year. Put Fields in the best position to succeed.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

gotta agree with you Sataere

Bears won't immediately be a contender, but the most important thing is that between the draft, the trade, and fa, mr fields will actually have a nfl quality supporting cast and we can see what he does :)

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

PFF locked like 80% of their mock draft functionality behind a subscription.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Still doing better than Draft Network who updated their site to be lovely and broke their mock function. Impressive they got money from people for that poo poo.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Still doing better than Draft Network who updated their site to be lovely and broke their mock function. Impressive they got money from people for that poo poo.

They really looked like a promising new site from like... 2020-2021, and then took a tremendous poo poo last year and now a lot of guys who started it just left. Some of their profiles are just painful to read.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Hamhandler posted:

They really looked like a promising new site from like... 2020-2021, and then took a tremendous poo poo last year and now a lot of guys who started it just left. Some of their profiles are just painful to read.

poo poo, I hadn't thought about that site for two years. Shame, they were really good. I read the obsessively leading up to the Tua draft

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
ONE MONTH UNTIL THE DRAFT.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

FizFashizzle posted:

Gholston had like an 8 million dollar bonus in his contract for the first fumble he recovered. He did not get this bonus.

How in the world are you not going for that on every single play? Even if you just loving hate football?

I think the lesson there was don't use a really high pick on a guy who started playing football when he was like 17 years old. IIRC, his rookie season was only his fourth season of actual contact football.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

sportsgenius86 posted:

I think the lesson there was don't use a really high pick on a guy who started playing football when he was like 17 years old. IIRC, his rookie season was only his fourth season of actual contact football.

That worked out with Ziggy Ansah tho

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

sportsgenius86 posted:

There have been a few guys who were really successful late. The lesson is beware of guys who take a historically big leap in their final college season, when they were never good before that.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Sataere posted:

There have been a few guys who were really successful late. The lesson is beware of guys who take a historically big leap in their final college season, when they were never good before that.

Joe Burrow?

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

TEs still seem to be confused. No clear consensus.

Frankly I’ll avoid that mess and take a flyer in the later rounds rather than use a precious first on a TE.

Luke Schoonmaker in the fifth - exceptional te value on name alone.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

MrLogan posted:

Joe Burrow?

2018 Burrow was a solid season

Not 2019 nuclear Burrow, but competent enough

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Who's Detroit drafting folks?

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Parallelwoody posted:

Who's Detroit drafting folks?

I'd guess Tyree Wilson unless Seattle lets Jalen Carter fall or Detroit likes Will Levis

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

A QB that puts mayo in their coffee would inspire me to lose every shred of hope Holmes has built up so far.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

2018 Burrow was a solid season

Not 2019 nuclear Burrow, but competent enough

Didn't he have an under 50% completion rate? He looked like just another in a long line of lovely LSU QBs in their Jurassic offense before Ed O brought in Joe Brady to install a scheme from circa 2007 and everything took off.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Henchman of Santa posted:

Didn't he have an under 50% completion rate? He looked like just another in a long line of lovely LSU QBs in their Jurassic offense before Ed O brought in Joe Brady to install a scheme from circa 2007 and everything took off.

Under 60%, 2900 yards, 16 TDs/5 picks. He was kinda the definition of just a guy. I don't think anyone in the world expected all that terribly much out of him going into his senior year.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Grittybeard posted:

Under 60%, 2900 yards, 16 TDs/5 picks. He was kinda the definition of just a guy. I don't think anyone in the world expected all that terribly much out of him going into his senior year.

He had a little bit of an early coming out party vs UCF in the 2018 bowl game but, yea, for the most part he looked indistinguishable from Danny Etling. Between Burrow and Herbert it should be blatantly obvious how much bad coaching can depress talent.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I think running out of gas there inside the 10 is a bad sign for his conditioning, might cause him to drop into the 2nd round
https://i.imgur.com/PtWrNvW.mp4

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I think running out of gas there inside the 10 is a bad sign for his conditioning, might cause him to drop into the 2nd round

Conditioning was fine. The hesitation is what concerns me. Not sure he's really committed to putting it in the end zone.

whos that broooown fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Mar 28, 2023

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

YOLOsubmarine posted:

He had a little bit of an early coming out party vs UCF in the 2018 bowl game but, yea, for the most part he looked indistinguishable from Danny Etling. Between Burrow and Herbert it should be blatantly obvious how much bad coaching can depress talent.

ole' Lawrence on the jags; another cautionary tale

Odovaucer
Oct 23, 2003
Ostrogoth

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Hmm. This is a good point.

This would rule to watch, but the knocks on Porter are scheme versatility and tackling, and it seems like Baltimore loves their disguised coverages and want their CBs to blitz and be active in the run game.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Finally, the scatsquirrel back we’ve been looking for.

SundayMoney
Feb 21, 2006

The face of the new economy

YOLOsubmarine posted:

He got absolutely blasted by that one UCF player and after that moment, he went supernova for the rest of his time at LSU. Obviously hiring an actual modern offensive staff was what made it work his senior season, but it is humorous to say oh he just had to get hit that hard for the switch to flip on.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

SundayMoney posted:

He got absolutely blasted by that one UCF player and after that moment, he went supernova for the rest of his time at LSU. Obviously hiring an actual modern offensive staff was what made it work his senior season, but it is humorous to say oh he just had to get hit that hard for the switch to flip on.

This is also the Bengals’ strategy to get him to play better, for what it’s worth.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Wasn't there a playoff game vs the titans where they pulled a "We've replaced his oline with a row of turnstiles, let's see if he notices" practical joke and still won?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Parallelwoody posted:

Wasn't there a playoff game vs the titans where they pulled a "We've replaced his oline with a row of turnstiles, let's see if he notices" practical joke and still won?

I don't know if you're talking about this but if you are suffice it to say I'm still salty about it. 'Forward Progress.'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkT_mNU6ecI

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i know he's not talking about that but that was a nice hit. blam

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Grittybeard posted:

I don't know if you're talking about this but if you are suffice it to say I'm still salty about it. 'Forward Progress.'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkT_mNU6ecI
He's talking about the Bengals Titans playoff game from two years ago where Burrow was sacked like 9 times but the Bengos still won the game.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Mar 28, 2023

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Ah I misread the Titans part of things as them being the ones with the turnstiles. Apologies to all involved.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

He's talking about the Bengals Titans playoff game from two years ago where Burrow was sacked like 9 times but the Bengos still wont the game.

That was a fun game. Shame that Joe Burrow probably doesn't remember it.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Am I crazy for seeing some of the same knocks that Stroud had as a prospect that Burrow had?

The whole thing about his supporting cast and offense etc being elite?

I see them as having a similar skill set as well.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

BlindSite posted:

Am I crazy for seeing some of the same knocks that Stroud had as a prospect that Burrow had?

The whole thing about his supporting cast and offense etc being elite?

I see them as having a similar skill set as well.

Similar knocks on surrounding talent and chrome, though one of the consistent complaints against Stroud during the season was that he couldn’t really create off schedule whereas that was Burrow’s bread and butter in 2019. But the game against Georgia seems to have helped quiet that down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

CJ Stroud is becoming media/podcast/Twitter number 1 qb more and more.

Turns out being really frikkin good at passing the ball is a valuable skill!!

Once again, eagle eyed Ornery and Hornery was ahead of the curve…