Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

Comrade Koba posted:

General Nuclear sounds like a badass dude, they should put him in charge of the PLA

that’s a face you can trust

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Kindest Forums User posted:

The cool thing about China is that it's going to continue to grow economically. The bad thing is that the west doesn't have a single establishment politician interested in normalizing relationships with China.
Where do we go from here?
Will Americans have a change of heart about China as their material conditions continue to worsen? Will the elite become more dovish as they find their empire slipping away?

What sort of trajectory do we have that doesn't lead to catastrophic conflict? It honestly doesn't sound like we have any options....

Nuclear war

FrancisFukyomama posted:

that’s a face you can trust

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
why he have an uzi

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

It shoots micro nukes

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Tankbuster posted:

tiktok is the only new thing on the block lol. I keep seeing youtube shorts that are straight up tiktok uploads.

yah a lot of tweets are just sharing tt vids

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/alibabas-jack-ma-resurfaces-china

The ccp will like to make you believe that Jack Ma was simply teaveling abroad for a few months, but he really was in a re-education center.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
There are like 5 different variants of "Jack Ma is in China now" news stories from different platforms today, including Jack Ma's own SCMP. I bet he planted most of them news. This guy is still a drama queen. Just stay in Japan and keep your month shut you gently caress.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Comrade Koba posted:

General Nuclear sounds like a badass dude, they should put him in charge of the PLA

https://cnc.fandom.com/wiki/Tsing_Shi_Tao

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Cao Ni Ma posted:

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/alibabas-jack-ma-resurfaces-china

The ccp will like to make you believe that Jack Ma was simply teaveling abroad for a few months, but he really was in a re-education center.

either way he got owned and you love to see it

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

The cool thing about China is that it's going to continue to grow economically. The bad thing is that the west doesn't have a single establishment politician interested in normalizing relationships with China.
Where do we go from here?
Will Americans have a change of heart about China as their material conditions continue to worsen? Will the elite become more dovish as they find their empire slipping away?

What sort of trajectory do we have that doesn't lead to catastrophic conflict? It honestly doesn't sound like we have any options....

What's the point of the 2 largest economies that are inextricably linked with each other going to war. Stop watching Cushvlogs

I was thinking something along those lines. As in, the only thing that could prevent global conflict that would surely end modern civilization is an intense domestic crisis that would quickly dismantle existing western structures. Something along the lines of a civil war.

Nope

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

America is still fundamentally run by & for capitalists and it's becoming increasingly good for capital(ists) to be based out of China for many reasons. hopefully it'll be like how all the centers of money and power shifted to the US after WW2 hopefully without requiring the WW2 part since america is inflicting incredible devastation on itself for profit

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

the bitcoin of weed posted:

without requiring the WW2 part

🤞

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
some guy leveled up

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

this

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

lol

Svensken
May 29, 2010
Hmm yes, but have you considered... no? Or, perhaps?

Kindest Forums User
Mar 25, 2008

Let me tell you about my opinion about Bernie Sanders and why Donald Trump is his true successor.

You cannot vote Hillary Clinton because she is worse than Trump.

the bitcoin of weed posted:

America is still fundamentally run by & for capitalists and it's becoming increasingly good for capital(ists) to be based out of China for many reasons. hopefully it'll be like how all the centers of money and power shifted to the US after WW2 hopefully without requiring the WW2 part since america is inflicting incredible devastation on itself for profit

It's increasingly good for capitalists to base their business inside a country that is aiming to achieve communism is the dumbest poo poo I've ever heard

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

It's increasingly good for capitalists to base their business inside a country that is aiming to achieve communism is the dumbest poo poo I've ever heard

it's been very profitable in the short term, which is all that matters

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

indigi posted:

the capitalists think they've won already. china getting them all to move poo poo over is part of the strategy and for all the complaining it looks like it's working

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

Surprising no mentions of Jon Huntsman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmdZ-aixp4s

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Tell your wife to cut your fingernails.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
didnt see the hand :dogstare:

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

what in the drat Frosted Falke is this

Kindest Forums User
Mar 25, 2008

Let me tell you about my opinion about Bernie Sanders and why Donald Trump is his true successor.

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN posted:

What's the point of the 2 largest economies that are inextricably linked with each other going to war. Stop watching Cushvlogs

Nope

It's about losing a dominant position. Eventually the capitalists lose their profits. The gravy train can't last forever

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Absolutely

Kindest Forums User
Mar 25, 2008

indigi posted:

Sure, but I'm clearly talking about what happens when the short term ends

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

what in the drat Frosted Falke is this

hey change those timgs to imgs at once

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Real big 1913 energy coming from this post

Weka
May 5, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!

Gunga Din't read

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Megamissen posted:

it's the responsible thing to do this

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

drat thats interesting

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Megamissen posted:

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Was extremely disappointing to stay reading that and realise halfway down the page that it isn't about Austro Hungary or WW1 artillery

Also jfc those nails

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Fwiw I don't doubt the US is going to lash out as it's empire declines and a multipolar world fully solidifies but there won't be a grand clash with China. Crises in capitalism won't manifest in those grand all-enncompassing wars anymore, at least I hope

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Fwiw I don't doubt the US is going to lash out as it's empire declines and a multipolar world fully solidifies but there won't be a grand clash with China. Crises in capitalism won't manifest in those grand all-enncompassing wars anymore, at least I hope

Surely Germany will never invade France, the economies of Europe are too intermixed

Or

Something something something the common ruin of the contedning classes

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Sure, but I'm clearly talking about what happens when the short term ends

nobody cares about that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

KomradeX posted:

Surely Germany will never invade France, the economies of Europe are too intermixed

Or

Something something something the common ruin of the contedning classes

I would be very surprised if we saw anything beyond proxy conflicts and weather balloon incidents

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN has issued a correction as of 01:24 on Mar 28, 2023