Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

The Derail Thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Orbis Tertius posted:

yeah, thank goodness the invisible hand keeps distributers in unregulated black markets in check so only the purest and safest drugs are ever sold to consumers.

dealers intentionally killing their clients? hey, even invisible hands deserve a day off.

So end prohibition

If you can't do that, at least try not to actively participate in state-lead conversations that dehumanize everyone involved (especially the users)

JamesKPolk
Apr 9, 2009

Mirthless posted:

I have personally used a reagent kit to test drugs before and while fentanyl is certainly a thing you should be testing for, the main reason you test is to find like analogues and adulterated product which mainly happens for cost effectiveness reasons; Methamphetamine gets cut into or swapped for MDMA all the time, for example. Are there people out there putting fentanyl in everything? Maybe? But that's not usually what you're actually looking out for when you're buying stimulants.

when did you stop partying? if it was like pre-2018, yeah totally, it used to be like that, poo poo changed though. pandemic hosed up everyone's channels and the scene is just different now. not gonna give examples cause I know you'll take them as conspiracy but just saying, not as someone trying to win an argument online, but as someone who still takes drugs for fun and so keeps up with this stuff as a matter of personal safety

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

I'm asking this as I am honestly not sure but, I thought most of the incidents where coke was tainted with fent was due to cross contamination somewhere along the line rather than intentional cuts?

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

JamesKPolk posted:

when did you stop partying? if it was like pre-2018, yeah totally, it used to be like that, poo poo changed though. pandemic hosed up everyone's channels and the scene is just different now. not gonna give examples cause I know you'll take them as conspiracy but just saying, not as someone trying to win an argument online, but as someone who still takes drugs for fun and so keeps up with this stuff as a matter of personal safety

Yeah, I am a few years out of the scene so I will admit that I am a little sketchy on what it's actually, actually like.

And for what it's worth, I'm not trying to dispense advice; From a use perspective, you should always test your drugs no matter what you expect to be there

Just remember that the government's interest is in maintaining prohibition and negative sentiments towards drug use and addicts, and that is not a conspiracy.

Mirthless has issued a correction as of 00:35 on Mar 28, 2023

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

RockyB posted:

It's getting lost in the rest of the thread, but I'm actually having a little mini-meltdown about this. This is just ... wildly illegal. Unbelievably, incredibly, holy poo poo what the gently caress that I can't even believe it illegal. The largest bitcoin exchange in the world has just been provably indicted by the US government with an absolute slam dunk case. Like, far worse than Enron ever was.

https://twitter.com/Cryptadamist/status/1640399359949918208
https://twitter.com/Cryptadamist/status/1640422469751193611

They have legit grounds to dismantle the entire crypto infrastructure. And people seem to be just glossing over it.

Yeah but it's the Biden administration so people understandably assume nothing will happen

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

if those binance guys were smart they would have done like ftx and never written down any of their "how to do crimes" policies

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Mirthless posted:

No, my argument is that:

1. The infiltration of Fentanyl into other drug supplies is overstated
2. The impact of pharmaceutical opioids (and to a point, non-opioids) is being understated (in a variety of ways)
3. The people controlling the outflow of all of the numbers on this subject have a history of lying to us about what these numbers mean (see: crack vs cocaine)

Fentanyl is a very real and huge problem mostly impacting the domestic heroin and benzodiazepine supply, because you can pass an opiate for one of those drugs to somebody who isn't really paying attention. You can't sell fentanyl to people looking for a stimulant because they will instantly know they don't have a stimulant. Is it happening? Sure. Is this the norm? I doubt it. I don't doubt that the standard for your average drug dealer is "pretty evil", but I won't dehumanize addicts to this degree, sorry

I have personally used a reagent kit to test drugs before and while fentanyl is certainly a thing you should be testing for, the main reason you test is to find like analogues and adulterated product which mainly happens for cost effectiveness reasons; Methamphetamine gets cut into or swapped for MDMA all the time, for example. Are there people out there putting fentanyl in everything? Maybe? But that's not usually what you're actually looking out for when you're buying stimulants.

The media has worked very hard to make the broader opioid epidemic into an issue that is solely about fentanyl and the broader addiction crisis into an issue with drug use/addicts rather than issue with access to clean drugs; I don't see a need to feed the hysteria

The same data that supports the rising number of fentanyl deaths includes data on the other drugs found in the deceased's system by the coroner's toxicology screening. You really have to invent an entire galaxy of conspiracies to explain away this sort of data:

The individual I know who ODed had fentanyl mixed with heroin, but people can and do get exposed in a variety of ways.

You mentioned cost effectiveness, and that's just the thing. Fentanyl is insanely cheap, much cheaper per dose than actual heroin. It's not that "everyone is putting it in everything", it's that it is widely available and incredibly potent, so if a few assholes mix it into stuff they can kill a whole ton of people. If you don't have opioid tolerance you are super vulnerable to even tiny amounts. I don't have a complete economic model to demonstrate the business viability of incorporating fentanyl into any given drug-making business model but the available data suggests that it's happening for whatever reason and a whole lot of people are being killed.

goochtit
Nov 2, 2021

Jaxyon posted:

Lies, if it was spilling antifreeze there wouldn't be any snow. :colbert:

:hmmyes:

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Did you hear? There's a rumor going around that they'll ban TikTok lol, lmao we live in Hell

https://twitter.com/Fynnderella1/status/1640016697959628802?t=PgxcVEKTIEje7ZK5jslfoQ&s=19

https://twitter.com/Fynnderella1/status/1640016704217440258?t=yakwBSOAdxR3yIPC7EY4rQ&s=19

https://twitter.com/Fynnderella1/status/1640016710353690628?t=LZI9pLlOYwWGvB3fra4enA&s=19

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/cloudeeuhh/status/1640108037682634753

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

somethingawful wins again

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

this person is literally antivax and thinks trans people are subhuman and is proud to have been featured on tucker carlson lmfao

(they are probably correct about this exact one insane thing)

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

China's invasion of my privacy must stop

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
its actually genius to make insane right wing cranks push that talking point because itll make libs want to ban tiktok more

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 35 minutes!

slave to my cravings posted:

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Shageletic posted:

You and your stupid bullshit.

Number 1 killer of people btwn 18-45 is fentanyl: https://www.cleveland19.com/2021/12/23/fentanyl-now-biggest-killer-americans-18-45-years-old/

https://www.addictionresource.net/blog/fentanyl-laced-cocaine/

I love you're mentioning loving anecdotes tsince you don't have that and I personally know multiple ppl that have died bc of it to the extent ppl carry around supplies to test for fentanyl when partying

I did some doc review for the opioid litigation back in the day and unfortunately all these records are junk, just like the opioid ones. It's up to individual county coroners to determine cause of death, and they often do it without running a tox screen and just relying on emt/cops to write down they saw empty pill bottles (who cares for how long) or cocaine or needles. The issue is that tox screens cost time and money, and most of these people are poor rednecks, so who gives a poo poo , just write down whatever your guess is . And if you're only looking at tox screen results thats going to leave a ton of unknowns out there and end up with silly things like 75% of COVID transmittal happens at home (because the rest is a mystery)

I'm not saying it isn't a problem and that fent isn't a legit killer, I just don't think you can get much beyond trends from the numbers and even that will reflect media trends in what people write down

The system sucks and doesn't give a poo poo, there's definitely horrific numbers of deaths of despair involving drugs (let alone gun suicides) and no one is interested in even knowing what's driving the deaths when there's no easy company to sue

mastershakeman has issued a correction as of 01:06 on Mar 28, 2023

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

that's great it starts with a
train break
Limbs rot off from xylazine
Lenny Bruce is not Afraid

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

anime was right posted:

this person is literally antivax and thinks trans people are subhuman and is proud to have been featured on tucker carlson lmfao

is this that intersectionality thing I keep hearing about

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

yet another reason to hate the democrats is that them being so confidently wrong and stupid on many issues gives otherwise psychotic right wingers the chance to be morally and objectively correct more often than they deserve. it is for this and many other reasons i will never forgive them

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

JC, the net's going... The net's going black! JC! No more infolinks, transmissions of any kind. We'll start again, live in villages... If you receive this, if you survive... Then find us. FIND US!"

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

slave to my cravings posted:

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

forkboy84 posted:

Oh good, another one.

they all are from here on

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Eagerly looking forward to the USA forcing it's online user base into Hewlett Packard shovelware apps running on old Dells.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
i hope democrats ban tiktok, and also destroy the internet

it'd the be first, and only, good thing joe biden has ever done for millennials

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Xaris posted:

i hope democrats ban tiktok, and also destroy the internet

it'd the be first, and only, good thing joe biden has ever done for millennials

Internet has already been destroyed so we can check that one off

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

anime was right posted:

its actually genius to make insane right wing cranks push that talking point because itll make libs want to ban tiktok more

Thanks for the heads-up, I'll use the EFF going forward.

https://twitter.com/EFF/status/1634255828688711683?t=YYeBcxa5Wf-CYQVDWsCg9Q&s=19

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

On Facebook

the bitcoin of weed posted:

yet another reason to hate the democrats is that them being so confidently wrong and stupid on many issues gives otherwise psychotic right wingers the chance to be morally and objectively correct more often than they deserve. it is for this and many other reasons i will never forgive them

eh I’m not sure they are factually correct here. Here is the link to the RESTRICT act in the senate. Maybe its different from whatever they are talking about but they cite it (might be the same bill)

https://www.congress.gov/bill/118th-congress/senate-bill/686

Anyways, its clearly focused in having jurisdiction over IT products whose manufacturer has some controlling interest by a foreign government/ national. So any stuff made overseas could get yoinked without bespoke legislation down the road.

which I am sure the chuds would froth at anyways because they think all of US produced infra is either controlled by lizard people deep state or lib coddling silicon valley types (lol).

it does seem pretty broad and a far reaching authority self grant that congress is doing.

Like if you don’t want china to have your data then dont use tiktok or hawuuii or whatever its called. the market is FREE

Anyways we lost net neutrality to loving agit pai or whoever. I have zero IoT devices in my house not because I am afraid of the perfidious chinese, buy because they are loving dumb and whatever QoL they bring is outweighed entirely by even the possibility of having to manage yet another loving login or heaven forbid another thing to firmware update.

IoT loving sucks as do like 99.999% of apps. Who cares if they ablooh blooh blooh about ones not made by gods best and chosen liquid cheese enthusiasts

Basic Poster has issued a correction as of 03:01 on Mar 28, 2023

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

They kinds already have this power based on like 20 years of extra judicial bullshit?

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

anime was right posted:

Nah it's bullshit but there's okenty of precedent for the feds to check your communications and it's been like that since 9/11

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Trains detail every day, what's the big deal

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Shageletic posted:

They kinds already have this power based on like 20 years of extra judicial bullshit?

yea but the way its implemented in this bill is especially stupid. like nobody has been able to articulate exactly why tiktok is a threat that needs to be Taken Seriously or what it's doing with user data that is so different from google or amazon giving surveillance data to the NSA, and computers are just inscrutable magical boxes that mortals cannot comprehend, so it's left completely open for congressional committees to fill in the blank that decides what kind of entities or actions pose a "risk" to the US.

bonelessdongs
Jul 17, 2019

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I'm willing to bet the people talking about how tech workers should live in rural areas have never lived in a rural area. they loving suck, they're empty and pointless, and they're full of people with no hope of a better life. Nobody with money wants to live in a place like that.

I know your gimmick is being intentionally obtuse and self centered but that doesn't change reality. Besides what everyone else is saying I personally watched it happen as people from somewhat nearby rich cities and even out west moved up here, more than doubled housing prices, bought up a few local apartment buildings to turn into condos while evicting everyone, and to add insult to injury even wrote articles in regional papers saying my area was a great place to live during the pandemic.

Your posts are a great argument for Saloth Sar thought re: urbanites

Edit: Had two versions of the post in the post window and posted the incomprehensible version by accident

bonelessdongs has issued a correction as of 05:30 on Mar 28, 2023

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

bonelessdongs posted:

I know your gimmick is being intentionally obtuse and self centered but this happened to my area during the pandemic, triple housing prices and buy up multiple apartment buildings to evict everyone from and turn to condos, there were articles on regional news sites about rich assholes moving to my area and why you should follow them.

Your posts are a great argument for Saloth Sar thought re: urbanites

What region was this? New money is often good for dead areas but not like that

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
telling you, anyone from pennsylvania is bound to be an annoying poster, philly tends to be the worst of it though

Morbus
May 18, 2004

Radirot posted:

[doomsday economics] I HAZ NO CONFIDENCE

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Rumors that binance is dropping tether for Justin sun's new scam coin

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Mr Hootington posted:

Rumors that binance is dropping tether for Justin sun's new scam coin

If you ain't rug pulling, you ain't trying.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

SKULL.GIF posted:

This whole country was built on an Indian burial ground and is deeply, thoroughly cursed to the bone.

amen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Nothus posted:

Apple is about to get owned by Google Glass 2.0 and everyone involved sees it coming

yeah apple is like the one company left in america that is still nominally tied to competitive production and it’s gonna be hilarious when capitalism destroys it too