Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

Regarde Aduck posted:

they're basically aliens at this point

great way to sum up the baltics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Nammo is one of the more expensive ones too, they’re the ones proposing a ramjet 155mm projectile.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Dixon Chisholm posted:

great way to sum up the baltics

i want the mods to know that i meant EU bureaucrats but also yeah

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

https://twitter.com/CalmSporting/status/1639502183367585792?s=20

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
this thread wants to have sex with sauron

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
nammo more like no ammo lol !!!

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
make gondor howl

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
vladimir putin (sauron) laying siege to ukraine (middle-earth)

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i can only explain things with movie metaphors didnt read the lord of the ring book sounded gay

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i can only explain things with movie metaphors didnt read the lord of the ring book sounded gay

it had lots of songs written into it

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
and not the cool songs like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdXQJS3Yv0Y

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/PeImeniPusha/status/1640456355466342418

Multipolar world and multipolar internet.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
it's almost like the west has proven itself a completely untrustworthy steward of the global commons :thunk:

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
*gestures at nothing* money... go.. up??

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

US needs to figure out how this social media thing, like tiktok and twitter, works first before trying to be stewards of internet anything.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

leopards 2 are in Ukraine. at least 18 of them

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
i'm guessing we won't see them before the next Ukrainian offensive

gonna be cool if they use them in an attack on Crimea which will be easily and immediately spun as German tanks attacking Russia. It's so sad we can see the inevitable creeping escalation all the way from here.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
heres a question

why does nobody ever ask themselves "why did this happen and how"

instead they insist on going "goo goo gaa gaa harry potter voldemort sauron"

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
thought terminating media reference

Freezer
Apr 20, 2001

The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but one cannot stay in the cradle forever.
Why is Russia getting frisky with it's military aviation at this point? Didn't Ukraine hey a bunch of AA systems from the west including patriots?

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Russian telegram has been rumor mongering about a battlegroup fully kitted out with NATO hardware for weeks now.

"We know they're there, we're just not seeing them because they're behind held in reserve for the spring offensive".

We'll see if anything comes of it. Things have been heating up for about a week now supposedly.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Freezer posted:

Why is Russia getting frisky with it's military aviation at this point? Didn't Ukraine hey a bunch of AA systems from the west including patriots?

Glide bombs are cheap and can be dropped outside the range of AA or something.

Also Russian missile strikes have been focusing on exposing and attacking AA hardware like S-300 for, I dunno, a couple of months now?

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Al-Saqr posted:

heres a question

why does nobody ever ask themselves "why did this happen and how"

instead they insist on going "goo goo gaa gaa harry potter voldemort sauron"

Historical context is for suckers, all I need to know was taught to me by the State Department.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Freezer posted:

Russian aviation is still largely some cruise missiles every few weeks. They do some tactical runs along the lines, but it seems pretty ineffective, given how often it's unguided rocket lobbing. But they've slowed the rate at which they fly and lose jets or helicopters along the front lines compared to earlier in the war.

No Patriot has been delivered to Ukraine.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
we're so lucky to get a state department report right from the horses mouth

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Nonsense posted:

Something is always spent to conjure. there is no magic money tree

bagual
Oct 29, 2010

inconspicuous
https://twitter.com/BrianMteleSUR/status/1640472795523198977

we’re all trying to find the guy who did this

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

if Putin is Sauron does that make the Russian soldiers … orcs??

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

bagual posted:

https://twitter.com/BrianMteleSUR/status/1640472795523198977

we’re all trying to find the guy who did this

12 countries see no need to waste valuable UN funds when we know it was just a rogue billionaire with a small yacht

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Lostconfused posted:

US needs to figure out how this social media thing, like tiktok and twitter, works first before trying to be stewards of internet anything.

They should get good advice from a Hewlett Packard consulting team. They use that hip "cloud" computing thing all the youngsters do. They must know what's up.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Uuuh hello?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRVIVJjuaHE

Regarde Aduck posted:

we're so lucky to get a state department report right from the horses mouth

:yeah:

sum
Nov 15, 2010

Lostconfused posted:

Russian telegram has been rumor mongering about a battlegroup fully kitted out with NATO hardware for weeks now.

"We know they're there, we're just not seeing them because they're behind held in reserve for the spring offensive".

We'll see if anything comes of it. Things have been heating up for about a week now supposedly.

I think they've got some reserve but I think that narrative is mostly just to excuse battlefield shortcomings. Ukraine sticking around because of their inherited Soviet reservist system isn't very sexy, but it's a lot easier to blame "mercenaries" (i.e. adrift ex-Denny's busboys from Ohio) and "NATO training" (5 week boot camp for battlefield casualty replacements that happens to take place in Essex).

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

good news fellow tankies

https://twitter.com/AlexandruC4/status/1640478594055958529

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
jeez when i cheer for russias tanks you call me a tankie then when i cheer for leopard tanks you call me a tankie i get no respect i tell ya

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Freezer posted:

there was a big media release about patriots but then in the fine print it was like '(one) patriot system (to train on) (in 2024)'

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

sum posted:

I think they've got some reserve but I think that narrative is mostly just to excuse battlefield shortcomings.
The spring offensive got so much media coverage that pretty much everyone had to weigh in on whether it's happening or not. The fact that it's planned is pretty much assumed to be true and all arguments start from that.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
ukraine is the shire and zelensky (who's small) (frodo) needs the west (good, wise) (rivendell) to supply anti-air defences (patriot systems) against russia's (mordor's) missiles (nazgul) and javelins (sting) against the russian hordes (orcish hordes). they also need HIMARS (elf sorcery) to destroy dams and bridges to flood the dniepier to cover their retreat (glorfindel flooding bruinen to cover the hobbits (AFU) retreat).

china (saruman) was allied with the west (good) but was turned to evil (evil) because they used tiktok (gazing orb palantir) to connect with putin (sauron).

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
china is morgoth actually

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

crepeface posted:

ukraine is the shire and zelensky (who's small) (frodo) needs the west (good, wise) (rivendell) to supply anti-air defences (patriot systems) against russia's (mordor's) missiles (nazgul) and javelins (sting) against the russian hordes (orcish hordes). they also need HIMARS (elf sorcery) to destroy dams and bridges to flood the dniepier to cover their retreat (glorfindel flooding bruinen to cover the hobbits (AFU) retreat).

china (saruman) was allied with the west (good) but was turned to evil (evil) because they used tiktok (gazing orb palantir) to connect with putin (sauron).

it one hundred percent is not complex!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/davidharsanyi/status/1640478544840077318

life is full of mysteries