Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

EasilyConfused posted:

I'm kinda amazed that TLD didn't get a probe for that. I guess even the mods laughed at it.

non-zero number of mods believed it was real

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

pentyne posted:

you know what video game deserves a sequel, Binary Domain

I don't think anyone but Gears of War is trying to make those 2010s cover shooters anymore, but drat if Binary Domain wouldn't be a great one to bring back.
BIG BO?

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

pentyne posted:

you know what video game deserves a sequel, Binary Domain

I don't think anyone but Gears of War is trying to make those 2010s cover shooters anymore, but drat if Binary Domain wouldn't be a great one to bring back.

my videogame white whale would be a competent version or remake or sequel to Alpha Protocol.

the best worst game

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Youtube : you only need the vpn once so you can just use a friend's login or laptop, go into India and then buy youtube premium from there, and set up auto debit and you will be paying a lot less. Your youtube music recommendations will be 100% bollywood for a while though. get sponsorblock as well

Ad block : ad block plus (with the ✋) is no longer recommended, get u block origin

Browser : use Firefox especially if you are on android, chrome on mobile is close to unusable with all seo and inability to remove ads and auto running videos. On Firefox get the ad block, privacy badger etc plugins. I know someone who uses opera but I'm not sure how good that is. On iPhone safari seems workable enough.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Opera ftw. Especially on Android.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Mozilla is apparently dumpting tons of money into AI crap so I forsee Firefox becoming insanely bad in the near future. RIP to my browser of choice.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Binary Domain ftw

Alpha Protocol ftw

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Why do people think Firefox is unusable? I've used it for almost twenty years and I'm a well-known dumbass.

I switch back and forth when every 6 years one browser stops working smoothly for me. Firefox cycle atm.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Heath posted:

How did this dipshit forum get a reputation for being the smartest forum on the internet because Jesus Christ it is just post after post of "I'm so drat excited to get a bag of random poo poo, where can I buy more???"

have you seen every other forum

e:

Ghost Leviathan posted:

And now I'm just reminded of how Koos Group being from FYAD and basically moderating D&D as a parody of a D&D mod both explains a lot and somehow actually more or less works.

You might be thinking of other succession games, since I think Boatmurdered was waaay back before DF had multiple vertical levels. Headshoots was a particularly spectacular one for that as among other things there was a room that no one was able to consistently find on the map itself, and only able to locate it through the workshop menu. Also I think one lever opened a cage full of cats.

I was just using the floor thing as an example but I distinctly remember that BM had a lever that flooded the siege workshop for no reason and everyone was terrified of touching any of the other ones because of it, Lever fuckery is just a hallmark of good succession games

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Mar 28, 2023

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
It was back before the game added things like depth layers and liquid volumes, so Boatmurdered was using the preferred siege defense of its time, which was to dig a channel from the magma area to the outside area, and just lock the door and flood the world with lava whenever hostile forces would show. This would wipe out any potential invasion and also all wildlife, but so long as you didn't accidentally let any lava inside, it would eventually dissipate harmlessly.

What it would also do is render it extremely risky to touch a lever whose function you did not know for certain.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
What did Elentor get banned for again? Something discord related? I chanced across an old PM they sent me. I think they meant it for someone else? Just amazingly aggro out of nowhere.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Zesty posted:

What did Elentor get banned for again? Something discord related? I chanced across an old PM they sent me. I think they meant it for someone else? Just amazingly aggro out of nowhere.

They sent a PM to someone who had talked about their boyfriend dying and having PTSD to "try and trigger" their PTSD because they were mad at them.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Mozilla is apparently dumpting tons of money into AI crap so I forsee Firefox becoming insanely bad in the near future. RIP to my browser of choice.

ill keep using thaht garbage, due to my insane tab count that will destroy all chrome based browsers

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Zesty posted:

Harassing Kit Constantine about her deceased bf I think? Psycho poo poo as per usual

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

They sent a PM to someone who had talked about their boyfriend dying and having PTSD to "try and trigger" their PTSD because they were mad at them.

Ugh. I just vaguely remembered “discord” and “rage”. That’s not fun at all.

What a pathetic fucker.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
This is their rap sheet, something about abusive PMs. I took one look at the relevant thread and I have never wanted to read a thread less, cannot recommend.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Zesty posted:

That’s not fun at all.

It is far from my favorite saga that is for sure

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Well that's lame. I know Elentor was in a rough patch due to being fired but that's no excuse for that poo poo.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Stux posted:

ill keep using thaht garbage, due to my insane tab count that will destroy all chrome based browsers

chrome got a really weird problem where it thinks it needs like all of the hard drive space that ever existed on OSX for its cache.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

had a look at other recent permabans, and there's a couple of accounts who got hacked. i was particularly taken by this guy's post history, presented in its entirety

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Grassy Knowles posted:

It is far from my favorite saga that is for sure

That thread has a few shitters cheering it on too. Real loving gross.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

This is their rap sheet, something about abusive PMs. I took one look at the relevant thread and I have never wanted to read a thread less, cannot recommend.

That's the Boxing Day Massacre thread

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
There was one time where an SA poster "HugeGrossBurrito" said they would eat a "huge gross burrito" with ingredients decided on by the community if Trump lost the 2020 election.

He eventually filmed a video of himself eating the burrito that contained:

Tortilla: Extra grande flour tortillas infused with tuna juice
Beans: Chickpeas cooked in apple juice
Protein 1: Smoked oysters
Protein 2: Canned anchovies
Sour Cream: Marshmallow Fluff and ranch dressing
Rice: Maple brown sugar oatmeal mixed with white rice.

Additional Ingredients:

- Condensed milk
- Vegemite
- Nerds rope candy
- Tang powder

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

Soon

Might throw in some tang powder and vermouth also unseasoned white rice. I got light everything I could to make sure it was not good

quote:

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Pablo Nergigante posted:

That's the Boxing Day Massacre thread

drat it feels like it was just yesterday. Been a pretty wild three months of posting lmao

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

now consider what it's like if you've only been awake for six hours of that time

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Being told to go spend time with my family and probed for a week during the same week I had to work from christmas night to the night of new year's eve for 7 consecutive nights (and not get a penny of overtime because the company decided that actually the work week starts on Tuesday) will forever live rent free in my head.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

There was one time where an SA poster "HugeGrossBurrito" said they would eat a "huge gross burrito" with ingredients decided on by the community if Trump lost the 2020 election.

He eventually filmed a video of himself eating the burrito that contained:

Tortilla: Extra grande flour tortillas infused with tuna juice
Beans: Chickpeas cooked in apple juice
Protein 1: Smoked oysters
Protein 2: Canned anchovies
Sour Cream: Marshmallow Fluff and ranch dressing
Rice: Maple brown sugar oatmeal mixed with white rice.

Additional Ingredients:

- Condensed milk
- Vegemite
- Nerds rope candy
- Tang powder

refreshing to see aposter with a true sense of posting bushido

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Danaru posted:

I started learning mahjong to get a few completion points in Yakuza and now Ive been playing it on my work breaks because that shits fun as hell. I smoked someone in Mahjong Soul with a three dora Riichi Ippatsu the other night and it straight up sent them into negative points.

Also check out Mahjong Soul, it's got some stupid anime gatcha poo poo welded to it but otherwise it's a really solid free to play online mahjong client

Mahjong in Y0 led to me finding a Switch Mahjong that was pretty good but the Switch starts on fire whenever the AI needs to take a turn.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Y0 mahjong is giving me the training to finally beat my in-laws during lunar newyear

Mock Turtle
Jul 19, 2022

SirSamVimes posted:

Yeah I do not like Sera, but not in the sense that she is badly written, she is just annoying. The other two rogues are extremely good though so it's okay.

edit: characters I like having around are varric, solas, cassandra, iron bull, cole, dorian. characters less so are vivienne and sera. blackwall I'm waiting to see how it goes when his obvious lie gets revealed

vivienne is actually the best character to have in your party due to her powerful troll aura that makes your other party members angry constantly

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
okay I'm playing Nocturne and the encounter rate is kind of a lot, hopefully there's an Estoma demon somewhere nearby

also please do not confirm/deny this with anything more than a yes/no, but when the doctor lady says "if you can find me on your own, I will tell you what my deal is," she's saying that I will be locked out of getting her juicy secrets (and presumably route) if I commit to whoever the chaos/order reps are, yes?

E: also yes, Vivienne is both cool and good

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

i didn’t know BioWare stole arf’s valor

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

okay I'm playing Nocturne and the encounter rate is kind of a lot, hopefully there's an Estoma demon somewhere nearby

also please do not confirm/deny this with anything more than a yes/no, but when the doctor lady says "if you can find me on your own, I will tell you what my deal is," she's saying that I will be locked out of getting her juicy secrets (and presumably route) if I commit to whoever the chaos/order reps are, yes?

E: also yes, Vivienne is both cool and good

It's been a while but I believe that is the case

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
jeffrey told everyone to go home and be a family man

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

now consider what it's like if you've only been awake for six hours of that time

lmfao

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

that reminds me of a while back when I made an admittedly very bad post in a stream of consciousness fit of anxiety about a bunch of poo poo bothering me at the time, including about my little sister being murdered, and some psycho goon with goose in their username thought the appropriate response was to link me to a snuff film of a woman being decapitated iirc under the guise that it was a link to online therapy

They got banned for it but nowadays it'd probably be a perma

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

:kstare:

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

jeffrey told everyone to go home and be a family man

lol I was already at a big family dinner when he got angry and nuked us all

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk