Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

dsp is not a loser and the controller always drop his input because they were manufactured by detractors trying to bring him down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

dsp is not a loser and the controller always drop his input because they were manufactured by detractors trying to bring him down

DSP being very mad at controllers that say “Made in China” explains a ton

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Maybe I do have a moral aversion to making money because here goes. You could have continued doing this forever if you weren't trying to pin the blame on another user. I read your posts in the GBS thread and thought to myself "drat - who would be dumb enough to buy that avatar in response to those posts?" It seemed to good to be true from your perspective, and well, it was. Why the gently caress would you buy this avatar for yourself? I know you are aware of the ongoing discussion about avatar traceability. The part that has gone unsaid is that I can look up when someone buys an avatar for themselves, and that's what you did here. You log in to the forums to do so and they are associated with your account.

link here:https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=4027239&pagenumber=20&perpage=40#post530681135

I guess I can see why you said this:

I wish I could say this is the first time you've done this, but it's not. You seem to have used the avatar system to direct death threats at yourself and tell yourself to kill yourself repeatedly and even said that you, yourself should "join the 41%". Why? Why the gently caress would you do that? Mirror universe Koala's March where she sockpuppets negative attention at herself instead isn't any more fun. I maybe get it a little bit up until the point where you start blaming other people for them and manipulatively pretending you don't know what they're referring to.

So yeah, I am averse to making money if it's from someone buying hateful avatars for themselves and trying to pin it on other people.

fake edit: lmfao I swear on my forums life I'm not responsible for that KM avatar - it wasn't there when I started typing this post. Someone else must have puzzled it out.

close thread and goldmine. reopen another

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I started learning mahjong to get a few completion points in Yakuza and now Ive been playing it on my work breaks because that shits fun as hell. I smoked someone in Mahjong Soul with a three dora Riichi Ippatsu the other night and it straight up sent them into negative points.

Also check out Mahjong Soul, it's got some stupid anime gatcha poo poo welded to it but otherwise it's a really solid free to play online mahjong client

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Danaru posted:

I started learning mahjong to get a few completion points in Yakuza and now Ive been playing it on my work breaks because that shits fun as hell. I smoked someone in Mahjong Soul with a three dora Riichi Ippatsu the other night and it straight up sent them into negative points.

Also check out Mahjong Soul, it's got some stupid anime gatcha poo poo welded to it but otherwise it's a really solid free to play online mahjong client

you should check out the anime and manga akagi

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

akagi owns

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

and saki, if you don't mind the uh same kind of aesthetic as mjs

both saki and akagi have had collabs in mjs

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I've heard of both but never saw them since I hadn't been arsed to figure out how to play, I'll have to check them out

After this I have to figure out Shogi for the other completion points :cripes: I'm not smart enough to platinum these games

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Danaru posted:

It really is the best one out there but be warned it does occasionally get horny splash screens for some special events

But God damnit it's good mahjong

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

its good mahjong... but be warned it get gets a little horny sometimes

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

when I learned akagi was a prequel to another manga, a spinoff about a supporting character who just kinda stole the show, I thought

yeah that tracks

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Rags to Liches posted:

Sera is one of the most annoying companions in any RPG, I absolutely hated her

yes but you have the option to tell her to gtfo and she actually does and you never see her again

I appreciate when games let you prune content at your discretion.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Rags to Liches posted:

Yeah, and yet it still pops into my head from time to time.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

kaiji: ultimate survivor pwns too

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

meanwhile you put one space bullet into the star child's holographic forehead

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Heath posted:

It really is the best one out there but be warned it does occasionally get horny splash screens for some special events

But God damnit it's good mahjong

I went against someone who clearly spent a bunch of money to have an avatar of a lady in a towel. They wound up in 4th place.

I was first :grin:

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
dan olson makes a comparison to 2008 something awful in his newest video ,describing a metaverse dao guy melting down in a sock puppet over a mod lmao

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

dan olson makes a comparison to 2008 something awful in his newest video ,describing a metaverse dao guy melting down in a sock puppet over a mod lmao

lmao

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Fortaleza posted:

Struggling against the final boss in Metroid Dread then looking up a guide video is how I found out my joy-con was busted and I'd been playing with a handicap. Thought i just sucked and complaining about dropped inputs was some DSP loser poo poo but it was actually happening the whole time lol

Lmao. Was it your dash button? You absolutely cannot win that fight without it. Honestly surprised you got past ZDR

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

things sure were different 15 years ago

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Dread kicks so much rear end and does have probably the best boss fights in any Metroid game

It really is a masterclass in game design. They fixed all of the stuff everyone hated about other 2D Metroid entries:

-The movement is by far the best in any Metroid game. Samus’ movements have weight to them and it feels satisfying as hell to move around the environment once you get the hang of it. Samus sending sparks flying as she skids to a halt and uses those thrusters on the back of her suit to regain her balance looks cool as hell.

-Backtracking is easy and rarely annoying thanks to dozens of teleporters, elevators and shuttles located all over.

-The game gives you a built in sonar hint system that’s far less annoying to use than the X-ray from SM so that you can find those last few upgrades without cheating and looking them up online.

-Bosses aren’t big dumb bullet sponges. They require you to learn their attacks. Like a souls game, you die over and over but hey - the game got rid of the run back from a save point and just drops you outside the boss room when you respawn after you die so you can get right back into it. Hell, even the QTEs blend in with the flow of combat without getting too repetitive. Having the max number of energy tanks no longer makes you invulnerable, they just buy you a couple more hits to learn boss patterns for your next attempt.

-Sound design is great. Metal “thunk” noises when samus’ armor takes a hit feel right for the first time. The music is really the only weak point of the game. No real memorable stuff that I found.

Metroid dread ya’ll. It’s a good game. Weird because the first time I tried playing it I bounced off it pretty hard and forgot about it until recently.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Rags to Liches posted:

Yeah I do not like Sera, but not in the sense that she is badly written, she is just annoying. The other two rogues are extremely good though so it's okay.

edit: characters I like having around are varric, solas, cassandra, iron bull, cole, dorian. characters less so are vivienne and sera. blackwall I'm waiting to see how it goes when his obvious lie gets revealed

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
you know what video game deserves a sequel, Binary Domain

I don't think anyone but Gears of War is trying to make those 2010s cover shooters anymore, but drat if Binary Domain wouldn't be a great one to bring back.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Binary Domain did own

Also it drove my girlfriend mad every time the second in command dude would yell AIGHT

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Frank Frank posted:

Lmao. Was it your dash button? You absolutely cannot win that fight without it. Honestly surprised you got past ZDR

The shoot button was dropping a lot so I couldn't do rapid fire and the fight was lasting super long and I'd die eventually from attrition. Watched a howto and was like "wtf you're supposed to be able to do that??"

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

jeffrey must invest in the metaverse

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Allow me to explain the history of korn.jpg
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=168983

IlIIllllI1 posted:

I've had a few people ask about this and so I figured it's worth putting in a thread somewhere.

Way back before the dawn of time, when the forum was but a humble gathering of goons making jeffk jokes and being idiots, the following pic was the height of comedy.

Don't ask me why. Like many things from that time, "it just was". I liked it, I thought it was funny too. It's random non sequitur humor and posting it in an unrelated thread would always produce a titter.

*Fast forward some many months*

One day on the front page of somethingawful.com Lowtax had some advertising. I believe it was eFront targeted advertising, which was supposed to be serving up ads for things us kiddies would like to buy. One of these things was a KoRn (the band) backpack. We thought this was quite funny since none of us would ever buy such a piece of poo poo, and so of course we photoshopped it.
One of my contributions was this

Not many people got it, but those that did thought it was a funny "blast from the past".

*Fast forward some many more months*

I was sitting around one day and for some reason I really wanted to find the above photoshopped pic. I looked everywhere for it, all over my various computers and old hard drives and backup cds, I couldnt find it anywhere. I couldnt even remember what i'd named the picture and so I mistakenly assumed i'd named it korn.jpg
So I went to google image search, wondering if it maybe ended up on there. I didn't find it there, but what I found on page 7 was much better.

http://images.google.com/images?q=korn.jpg&svnum=10&hl=en&lr=&safe=off&start=120&sa=N

A smiling kindly faced old man. Nothing too special at first until I clicked on the image and found it to be huge. I giggled. I don't know why, I just guess a huge picture of a smiling old man was funny. I checked out the domain and found it to be the home page for the Yorba Linda Water District. It was such a quaintly simple page, I guess later I found it even more funny that the citizens of Yorba Linda had no idea what nefarious deeds I was performing with their Water Board President. Of course I found the rest of the board of directors here as well. I saved the pictures for future use.

A few days later the goons and myself had launched an invasion on (the now defunct) picpage.com This board consisted of your usual AOL idiots, wiggers, *~cHiCks wHo TaLk LiKe tHiS ~~* and assorted other internet vermin. We had a field day. The board premise was that when you signed up, you put in a photo of yourself (any size) and that became your avatar. So I decided to use korn.jpg as my avatar. Don Lapre used romeromouth.jpg as his, and we had a great time tag teaming the boards into oblivion.

*Fast forward to not so long ago*
I was of course banned from the forums, however I still read the boards most days, and participated in any extra curricular activities.
One day we "invaded" the linkinpark.com forums. So this time I used korn.jpg in my sig and posted as many threads as I could find. "dood ur sig is too big man can u make it smaller?" Hohoho comedy and so forth. (For the record I wasnt "Euronymous" on that board, some other goon registered it, I was told it was Fistgrrl but that might be bullshit)

*Fast forward to iliilllli1's appearance*
I figured old Arthur wasn't getting out much, so I brought him here to FYAG. Where huge pics and random sillyness runs rampant, I thought he'd fit right in. And he did. I posted Arthur, and eventually his friends Abram, Bev, Summerfield and Armstrong in many threads, it caught on, and the rest as they say is history.

Why is it funny? I don't know. It just is.
Long live Korn.jpg

Goons got weird

My Visit to Yorba Linda Water District
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=182999

quote:

Looser came out of the closet to say:
Ok, i'm back from dinner. Scanning ahoy.

COMEDY PROFIT WARNING: these pictures will almost certainly be anticlimatic for most of you. The luck plane was tilted against me in the photography department this morning. And I was almost busted by Beverage! (story to follow.)

RIP Korn
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3779614

Tricky D posted:

bait and switch voted 1

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

pentyne posted:

you know what video game deserves a sequel, Binary Domain

I don't think anyone but Gears of War is trying to make those 2010s cover shooters anymore, but drat if Binary Domain wouldn't be a great one to bring back.

It was genuinely very fun. It sold poorly (Wikipedia says only 20,000 copies, but that can't possibly be true) but critics and players loved it. I wonder if it cost more than usual to develop due to the voice command stuff

Also I knew it was a Sega game, but did not know it was literally the Yakuza guys with Toshihiro Nagoshi himself coming up with the idea.

Yakuza. F-Zero GX. Binary Domain. Super Monkey Ball. That team hasn't made a single bad game. and they never will.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

dude ur sig is too big man can you change it

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

dude ur sig is too big man can you change it

Sorry went back and timged it, too used to the mobile app at this point

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
now it's too small, it doesn't go up to the proper size when you click it!

please untimg

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

please untimg

Who do you think you are, Michael J. Beverage??

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Yes, thank you.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

please untimg

I have done this for great justice and the honor of korn

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

korn.jpg, what a weird thing

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
I clicked on unread posts on the LP requests thread with several hundred unread posts and apparently this happened shortly after the last time I looked at it

nightelf_37 posted:

Can someone SSLP Pokemon Girls Hunter?

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/VideoGame/PokemonGirlsHunter

I'm considering doing one myself if no one would.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

that's a simultaneously impressive and disappointing probe combo

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

the holy poopacy posted:

I clicked on unread posts on the LP requests thread with several hundred unread posts and apparently this happened shortly after the last time I looked at it

that's a simultaneously impressive and disappointing probe combo

:kstare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
finished judgment, game owns, top tier yakuza content imo

can't wait to move on to lost judgment