Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Artelier posted:

If you just want to clear the quest, maybe try Brooding

Thanks, I made it through my Lockjaw deck. I faced a Stone deck...that never played Thanos, and then another Galactus. Silver Surfer has much to answer for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

DurosKlav posted:

I dont care if the tuesday bundle isnt technically worth it.

Do you mean the Token Tuesday bundle or the daily bundle? Because the TT bundle is worth it. 850G for 800 tokens is better value than any bundle coming in April including the The Tokens bundle that offers 4500 tokens for 5k gold.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I just got galactus and he is very very fun

It looks like most of the best decks involve Nimrod at the moment though and I didn’t buy this months pass because the card seemed kinda boring

Galactus is absolutely his best current use case, and he does actually seem to be genuinely good in that deck (very mediocre otherwise though unfortunately)

if you're so inclined you can also just, y'know, buy the premium pass now, it's not like you'll miss out on anything

Artelier posted:

Galactus - He seems quite strong in the current meta. I already have all the pieces for the standard Galactus deck including Knull, so I guess this is the one I'm leaning towards (even if the playstyle seems a bit rote/repetitive). But I want to know, how are the Nimrod variants? That looks fun to do and setup, but not sure how feasible it actually is. I don't have the Season Pass yet but I got a week to decide.

my understanding is that Nimrod currently looks like he's very likely to be in whatever the "best" version of the Galactus deck ultimately is, it opens up some alternate lines/let's you win games you might otherwise not, and, by virtue of being Shuri-&-location-boostable/Destroyer-moveable power you can lay down before blowing up the board, it creates some much-needed ambiguity about when/if/where you're dropping Galactus

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I just got galactus and he is very very fun

It looks like most of the best decks involve Nimrod at the moment though and I didn’t buy this months pass because the card seemed kinda boring

Based off my own experimentation with Galactus decks, it feels like there are two very different builds - one for if you're dropping Galactus on T6, and one if you're dropping Galactus before T6.

(A) If you're trying to play on T6, Wolverine, Forge, Shuri, Nova, and Nimrod are choice picks.
(B) If you're trying to play before T6, Spider-Man, Knull, Shang Chi, Electro, Doc Ock, and Wave make the real backbones.

Death, Cloak, Sunspot, Yellowjacket and Adam Warlock can go in either.

Fun option select for (B): Knull T5, Shang Chi on T6.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Jedit posted:

Do you mean the Token Tuesday bundle or the daily bundle? Because the TT bundle is worth it. 850G for 800 tokens is better value than any bundle coming in April including the The Tokens bundle that offers 4500 tokens for 5k gold.

Token Tuesday.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Wong finally showed up on my free rotation and with the token tuesday bump i got Black Panther! Not that i ever get it off, but i could hypothetically psylocke into wong, shuri, bp, zola has a 2/3 chance to get bp with a possible wong bonus.

And then i pulled hood from a cache so my budget destroy deck also got a nice bump. (no knull or galactus) hood+symbiotes is such good value.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Everyone who played a Shuri deck should be docked an additional 20 ranks next season. Oh and instead of 5 levels they lose 3 levels when they hit the next rank checkpoint.

DurosKlav fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Mar 28, 2023

Psikotik
Dec 17, 2002

Random more like ranDUMB
College Slice

DurosKlav posted:

Everyone who played a Shuri deck should be docked an additional 20 ranks next season. Oh and instead of 5 levels they lose 3 levels when they hit the next rank checkpoint.

Show us on the doll where Shuri touched you.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
The person who created the 'win 3 locations' mission should be fired. Out of a cannon. Into the sun.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

uXs posted:

The person who created the 'win 3 locations' mission should be fired. Out of a cannon. Into the sun.

Just dont pay attention to it. I got mine that way.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

DurosKlav posted:

Just dont pay attention to it. I got mine that way.

Yeah. I used Patriot, maybe I shouldn't have.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I got zero pixel variants on the season pass. Insane.

Naked Man Punch
Sep 13, 2008

They see me rollin';
they hatin'.

No Wave posted:

Send a support ticket; demand a refund.

Jehuti
Nov 19, 2010

No Wave posted:

do you even have any left

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

No Wave posted:

Same. Wonder if they secretly changed it.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Anyone salty about Shuri - send me $20 and I'll log into a private match with my Shuri deck and lose to you repeatedly. No questions asked. PM me.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

New Leaf posted:

Anyone salty about Shuri - send me $20 and I'll log into a private match with my Shuri deck and lose to you repeatedly. No questions asked. PM me.

:same:

I definitely lose more than I win with Shuri, even after taking deck advice from here. It's not even the metagame knowing how to block her, she's just super susceptible to bad draws or bad locations, or other decks straight up having more powerful plays.

AloePieceOfShit
Jan 26, 2020
Shuri is just the best "fair" thing to be doing. The decks nutdraw is annoying to deal with (especially after the Aero nerf) but I'll take 50 Shuri matches over Thanos and Galactus.

Galactus especially saps any fun from the game. Such a lovely gameplay experience.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Idk what to tell you. The deck still has plays when you don't draw shuri, it sits at top winrate cube rate and playrate for all ranks. It runs the same early cards as everyone else and generically good late game cards that get really stupid with shuri, it has a handful of wildly strong locations (nexus, sinister london, throne room, the Vault). If you feel it's lacking somehow you can switch some cards out, only six of the cards are mandatory (zero shuri red skull taskmaster armor cosmo). I say this because I have played against the deck, a lot, and it should still be incredibly favored because I keep running into sandman now for some stupid reason.

MissMarple
Aug 26, 2008

:ms:
Valk always seems to be the biggest counter when I play Shuri. Always forget that that is an option, and Red Skull then buffs out the symmetry. I don't think there's a high tier deck that runs Valk right now but if that changes then it's a good check to too much Shuri. Also obviously it needs to hit S3 and proliferate through collections as well.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

SOMETHING will always be #1. It still only has a 60% win rate. KaZoo is 58%.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

New Leaf posted:

SOMETHING will always be #1. It still only has a 60% win rate. KaZoo is 58%.
Filter by CL3000+, current patch, Kazoo is boosted by pool 1 players. I'm not saying these stats are gospel/ironclad btw, but asserting that shuri is a cube losing deck is an assertion I have to go to the stats for I dont have anywhere else to go.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

No Wave posted:

Filter by CL3000+ Kazoo is boosted by pool 1 players. I'm not saying these stats are gospel btw, but asserting that shuri is a cube losing deck is an assertion I have to go to the stats for I dont have anywhere else to go.

Well sure it wins its fair share, I'm not arguing against that. If that's all you're seeing and you lose to it consistently I feel for you. I really do. But having PLAYED Shuri for quite a while, its far from unbeatable to the point that I had to abandon it to climb any further.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Valkyrie finally entered my shop and thanks to Token Tuesday I'm only 600 tokens away. I'm horribly tempted to buy today's bundle but I really can't afford to. She will stay pinned.

I don't even want her for Shuri. She's just the missing piece for my C3 deck, and I might throw her into my Patriot deck.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Good News: Forced a Shuri deck to waste her buff on a Cosmo.

Bad News: Still lost the match. Fuckin' Red Skull.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

The worst thing about being S3 complete is I've not had a new card for ages, everything just becomes stale. I don't have Galactus, Shuri, Thanos so I just get to mill away with the best of the rest

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

For me the worst location in the game in District X but I just got a DistrctX and the first card I drew was Agatha. That was the 2nd DistrictX in 4 games, just let me play the game Snap!

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

New Leaf posted:

Well sure it wins its fair share, I'm not arguing against that. If that's all you're seeing and you lose to it consistently I feel for you. I really do. But having PLAYED Shuri for quite a while, its far from unbeatable to the point that I had to abandon it to climb any further.
Is it possible you had a run of bad luck after climbing 55 ranks in two weeks?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

No Wave posted:

Is it possible you had a run of bad luck after climbing 55 ranks in two weeks?

It's less impressive when you factor in the 5 extra ranks we get per tier now.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"

My Second Re-Reg posted:

Based off my own experimentation with Galactus decks, it feels like there are two very different builds - one for if you're dropping Galactus on T6, and one if you're dropping Galactus before T6.

(A) If you're trying to play on T6, Wolverine, Forge, Shuri, Nova, and Nimrod are choice picks.
(B) If you're trying to play before T6, Spider-Man, Knull, Shang Chi, Electro, Doc Ock, and Wave make the real backbones.

A good post.

I feel like the ramp is really obvious but maybe a t6 Galactus feels" late" and gets more cubes?

Vanilla Bison
Mar 27, 2010

DurosKlav posted:

I dont get why people play these kind of decks. In my experience the disrupt the other sides board will almost always lose. He spent 7 points trying to screw me and he still lost the game.

I love junk decks so to defend their honor: this person didn't disrupt your board, they played Hobgoblin in what looks like a bounce shell with Bishop that only got Bishop to be a Misty Knight in this game. Effectively screwing someone usually looks more like Debrii plus Polaris to seal a lane with crap, and a finisher of Spider-Woman or Shang plus Titania.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"

My Second Re-Reg posted:

QQ: what do you do with yellow jacket?

Just tried a T6 Galactus and small sample size but people didn't read it at all. I even got a " I can't believe you... " Emote lol

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Xguard86 posted:

QQ: what do you do with yellow jacket?

Just tried a T6 Galactus and small sample size but people didn't read it at all. I even got a " I can't believe you... " Emote lol

Play it together with Warlock so you can draw Galactus.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

Ahhh. Got it thanks

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

My Second Re-Reg posted:

And then there's my Galactus deck that does both.

It's the same basic idea as the Shuri Nimrod version, but depending on circumstances you can audible into Destroyer and nobody really expects Shuri/Death on 6 after a turn 4/5 Galactus.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
When you only have like 4 pool 3 cards left, crossing your fingers to maybe get Wave or at least Thor from a cache...but get Crystal.

I know she got some use in pre-nerf Zabu decks, but post change, she is not remotely worth it.

I think a possible fix is at the VERY least make her 3 cost, but also perhaps consider making her ability work regardless of location. Maybe then she'd see some use in a Kazoo deck?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Yeah I think the nimrod deck only makes sense if you're also able to play out destroyer in situations where it wins. I have trouble imagining a version that doesnt want shuri unfortunately there arent enough plays relevant to both destroyer and galactus that you can play over her.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Hobo Clown posted:

:same:

I definitely lose more than I win with Shuri, even after taking deck advice from here. It's not even the metagame knowing how to block her, she's just super susceptible to bad draws or bad locations, or other decks straight up having more powerful plays.

That's every deck though. every deck can suck if you don't get the draws you want or get bad locations

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I tweaked my Galactus deck a bit

I kind of want to get rid of Death/Knull since I'm doing more T6 Galactus now but I'm not sure exactly what to put in. Okoye was also a bit of a "well, I need something low power", she's ok but doesn't make or break anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
There was another patch? I have update trying to push through