Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Gedt posted:

Coop is following suit, but only for members lol
Membership rebates can absolutely get hosed, because the companies are recuperating the "savings" by simply selling to databrokers under the "legitimate interest" clause of the GDPR.
Legitimate interest as a notion of the GDPR is wholly-undefined, and best of all, it seems that the legitimate interest clauses were included as a result of modifications before publishing brought about by US lobbying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

I just learned my lesson the hard way to check whether German transport workers are on strike before heading to the station. Special shout-out to Københavns Hovedbanegård for not having anything about it posted anywhere in the whole station, and for putting the remark "switch to bus between Padborg and Flensburg because of track maintenance" on the board, without the important addendum that "none of you are getting anywhere beyond Flensburg".

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

teen witch posted:

https://svt.se/nyheter/inrikes/ica-sanker-priser-pa-hundratals-varor

where is that nudnik from last week that refused to take any blame for any of this? Fuckin “let them eat princesstårta”

I'm pretty sure the prices have risen by more than 5-25% in the last year or whatever. I think things like tomatoes and butter have risen by like 40-60%.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer

Abloobloo, wont Sweden stop hurting the feelings of the Hungarian people, says country that has used Sweden specifically in their elections for at least ten years to warn about the "dangers" of mass immigration and homo-fascism and the threat to the nuclear family those constitute.

For all their bluster about how manly men they are that make tough decisions, fasc are the most thin-skinned little hate goblins. But everyone here already knows this.

:umberto:

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

There's an air force Colonel and F-16 pilot arguing in Politiken that we need long-distance missiles capable of hitting Russia in case we were to enter into a conventional war with Russia. :lmao:

Edit: Oh, he's the head of the Strategic Logistics department. :stonklol:

SplitSoul fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Mar 27, 2023

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente

Inferior Third Season posted:

I just learned my lesson the hard way to check whether German transport workers are on strike before heading to the station. Special shout-out to Københavns Hovedbanegård for not having anything about it posted anywhere in the whole station, and for putting the remark "switch to bus between Padborg and Flensburg because of track maintenance" on the board, without the important addendum that "none of you are getting anywhere beyond Flensburg".

The fast train from Köln to Frankfurt (Airport) and the slow train from Köln to Frankfurt (not Airport) depart within minutes of each other, from either side of the same platform, with no obvious indication anywhere of which is which.

Ask me how I know.

Edit: in fairness, there were no strikes involved in this particular situation, although there was a political dem in Bonn which further delayed the super fun happy time train taken by yours truly.

jeebus bob fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Mar 27, 2023

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe
At least the continuous failure of the NATO hype train is terrific content (unless you happen to be kurdish)

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

As you read about Sweden trying to join NATO and being rejected by fasc NATO member countries do you ever stop and reflect on what these fasc countries being members of NATO says about NATO and Sweden's attempts to join NATO? Hans, are we the baddies?

Threadkiller Dog
Jun 9, 2010

Nidhg00670000 posted:

Abloobloo, wont Sweden stop hurting the feelings of the Hungarian people, says country that has used Sweden specifically in their elections for at least ten years to warn about the "dangers" of mass immigration and homo-fascism and the threat to the nuclear family those constitute.

And swedes don't think about Hungary at all :(

Quite sad... aaanyway no actual real people outside the press/poli jerksphere seem to care about NATO anymore so if Uffe K has any brains he will just ignore this until May at the earliest.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

Threadkiller Dog posted:

And swedes don't think about Hungary at all :(

Quite sad... aaanyway no actual real people outside the press/poli jerksphere seem to care about NATO anymore so if Uffe K has any brains he will just ignore this until May at the earliest.

The main solace in this farce is that M has for a very long time been one of the more NATO-simping parties, and seeing them fall on their rear end when the ball is on the penalty spot and the goalie has left the stadium is glorious skadeglädje. I wonder how many times Bildt has fantasized about strangling Tobias Billström.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Jon Pod Van Damm posted:

As you read about Sweden trying to join NATO and being rejected by fasc NATO member countries do you ever stop and reflect on what these fasc countries being members of NATO says about NATO and Sweden's attempts to join NATO? Hans, are we the baddies?

as a general note, i find that what NATO is assumed to be tends to depend an awful lot on what's convenient at the moment of discussion

so it can be, to the same person, a club of democracies as well as a military *defensive* alliance as well as the only possible basis for a geopolitical arrangement in europe, depending on what that person is trying to address

while making a positive case for membership it will be the former, but when addressing why these countries which we all agree are being bad and mean are members in good standing the latter will tend to be deployed as a kind of attempt at realism. a year ago people managed to genuinely convince themselves that NATO had nothing to do with the libyan intervention, for instance, because it was simply a "NATO-led" operation. it's a mess and the whole thing is festooned with more taboos than you can shake a stick at.

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy

Jack Trades posted:

It's all "We can't lower prices. Our CEO is starving. They had to go from 3 buckets of caviar and cocaine per day to only 2! Woe is us." until Lidl starts poaching their customers with reasonable prices.
loving scumbags.

It's also not a public list of goods, since the individual ICA-handlare sets their prices. So in reality most of the cuts will help a poor hard working handlare with his dream of owning a second third estate.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Just saw the phrase “icaflation” and gently caress me if I don’t hope that sticks

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Nidhg00670000 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqF_A6bsyEw

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol
I am going to troll a Hungarian on Thursday by asking if he's bögen i buren. The Nato project will collapse (I assume)

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

I think Sweden should join NATO. But that all we should do for the process is to apply and wait. Let the Americans handle the rest. And if we don't get accepted, then oh well. We tried.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Finland looks to be joining soon so Sweden will be sandwiched between two Nato countries.

You may supply your own analogy.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp
Sweden gonna get DPd by NATO

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Unifying the air forces is just the first step towards a proper Nordic union :v:

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Feliday Melody posted:

I think Sweden should join NATO. But that all we should do for the process is to apply and wait. Let the Americans handle the rest. And if we don't get accepted, then oh well. We tried.

i think that the madrid agreement to a large extent was letting the americans handle the rest. they like turkey much more than they do you (or, really, any of us)

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Nice piece of fish posted:

There's a Chuck Tingle novel in here somewhere.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

V. Illych L. posted:

i think that the madrid agreement to a large extent was letting the americans handle the rest. they like turkey much more than they do you (or, really, any of us)

It's not an either or choice, though. Turkey doesn't genuinely care enough about blocking Sweden to make material sacrifices to achieve it. It's all theatre, so they can wring material concessions from Sweden and the rest of NATO.

They did grossly misjudge Sweden's ability to met their demands, though. Which turned into a huge embarrassment for Turkey. While the Swedish public were defiant by choice. The Swedish government defied Turkey because they were legally incapable of conceding to Turkeys demands. Which to international media merged into one united effort.

Feliday Melody fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Mar 28, 2023

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"Negotiations were going well. They were very impressed by my hat." -Issaries the Concilliator"

Nice piece of fish posted:

DPd?

More like Quaded:

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Come May Turkeys opposition might become moot, if Erdogan loses.

In other news:
https://www.svt.se/nyheter/lokalt/vast/thomas-fick-felaktigt-elstod-till-firman

"Thomas får inte lämna tillbaka firmans elstöd: ”Svartpengar”
UPPDATERAD IDAG 18:29PUBLICERAD IDAG 17:58
Egenföretagaren Thomas Börjesson är kritisk till att elstöd för privatpersoner även gått till företagare med enskilda firma. Nu kan han själv inte betala tillbaka pengarna – trots att han vill.

– Jag försökte ringa Försäkringskassan och lämna tillbaka dem. Men det går inte, säger han.

I klippet ovan får du följa med till Thomas verkstad och han berättar varför han kallar stödet för svarta pengar.

Försäkringskassan har betalat ut elstöd till privatpersoner, men pengarna har också gått till företagare med enskild firma. En av dem är Thomas Börjesson som driver en mc-firma i Sjövik, norr om Lerum. Han har fått 7000 kronor i elstöd.

– Det är ju inte lagligt. Försäkringskassan får ju inte tillgodose folk med svartpengar. Någon jurist borde titta på om vår grundlag möjliggör att man delar ut skattebasens pengar hur som helst, säger Thomas Börjesson.

Eftersom Thomas kan dra av elförbrukningen från firmans intäkter före skatt, så går han plus när han sedan får återbetalning på hela summan från Försäkringskassan.

Oklart om redovisning
Samtidigt ger myndigheter helt olika besked om elstödet. Försäkringskassan uppger att företagarna kan behålla stödet utan att redovisa det medan Skatteverket tvärtom uppger att enskilda företag bör redovisa elstödet som en inkomst.

– Försäkringskassan har gjort fel, det får man förlåta. Men då får de gå ut och rätta till det. Nu blir det en soppa av hela skiten, säger Thomas Börjesson.

”Lägga av”
Att stödet dessutom är hemligt, att det inte går att se vilka privatpersoner som fått stödet, tycker han är absurt.

– Att du kan få hemliga grejer av Säpo, det har man hört talas om. Men hemliga pengar från Försäkringskassan – lägg av!"

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Working as intended.

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

link -> video is a pro click for fans of goa gubbar från göteborg

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Feliday Melody posted:

It's not an either or choice, though. Turkey doesn't genuinely care enough about blocking Sweden to make material sacrifices to achieve it. It's all theatre, so they can wring material concessions from Sweden and the rest of NATO.

They did grossly misjudge Sweden's ability to met their demands, though. Which turned into a huge embarrassment for Turkey. While the Swedish public were defiant by choice. The Swedish government defied Turkey because they were legally incapable of conceding to Turkeys demands. Which to international media merged into one united effort.

that is one way of framing it. another is that sweden completely capitulated to turkey's demands until it turned out that they literally weren't able to fulfill their end of the (extremely dirty) bargain they made, and when the turks respond by not carrying through with their end of it, the swedes interpret this as authoritarian intransigence.

there's not a lot of dignity to go around in this mess, is what i'm saying

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Beeswax posted:

That guy could’ve been my dad if his Floda-rear end had decided to start mucking about with motorcycles rather than doing early computer science at Chalmers. Lerum and their surroundings produce high quality goa gubbar.

Man the whole thing about putting secrecy on the elstöd is so blatantly corrupt and beneficial to rich people it pisses me off that it’ll be all forgotten about come next election.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

V. Illych L. posted:

there's not a lot of dignity to go around in this mess, is what i'm saying
It's this.

kissekatt
Apr 20, 2005

I have tasted the fruit.

Beeswax posted:

Thank you.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

https://twitter.com/Sokolow_P/status/1641724282089644032?s=20

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Is this what they call "bristande vandel"?

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

No you see it’s only a crime if someone is physically hurt by it otherwise it’s just political witch hunting.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

BigglesSWE posted:

No you see it’s only a crime if someone is physically hurt by it otherwise it’s just political witch hunting.

It's only a crime if a poor person does it, you mean.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Frogner's loving furious that they no longer can get cheap maids:
https://www.vg.no/nyheter/i/JQL5KR/raser-etter-au-pair-nekt-beskylder-meg-for-slaveri

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Some very normal stuff on Swedish Twitter:

https://twitter.com/mrhenko123/status/1641855712627130391?s=46&t=G1x8XWIwrNxUQoXItlkh2w

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

That comment section is insane. I'm pretty sure that they all come from the same place. Because they all mention the mass shooting in the US and ignore that it's literally trans day of visibility.

They all come in to sealion the exact same line.

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

Jack Trades posted:

Is this what they call "bristande vandel"?
'Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.'

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I had to double check to make sure that I wasn't April Fooled, but no, it's real.
https://expo.se/2023/03/sd-politikern-om-farre-andas-klarar-vi-utslappen

Jack Trades fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Apr 2, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Postorder Trollet89
Jan 12, 2008
Sweden doesn't do religion. But if they did, it would probably be the best religion in the world.

Jack Trades posted:

I had to double check to make sure that I wasn't April Fooled, but no, it's real.
https://expo.se/2023/03/sd-politikern-om-farre-andas-klarar-vi-utslappen

Alltså det där jävla partiet. Fatta att det finns folk som tar dem på allvar.

Climate change denial will be the new culture war bullshit won't it?