Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Yeah, I meant that putting my joke in quotes and then adding a quoted poster right below leads to the above mentioned mistake.

Anyway, a comic. Boulet on actors. He's visiting America here.

Had to hotlink these, imgur wouldn't take them at all.

Edit: fixed

Emzedoh has a new favorite as of 10:06 on Mar 28, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

HPanda posted:

I disagree. That's only three kings. That's one of the lowest numbers of imprisoned kings you can have.

This reference gets me every single time

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
That line really would be at home in a Simpsons episode. A good one. I'm not sure who'd be saying it, though it's almost Homer.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Captain Hygiene posted:

Something about telling someone "bye" as you fall asleep bothers me on an existential level
We're both lucky I'm behind in the thread or this would probably have led to a lot of effort posting!

Silentlocke
Feb 13, 2008
Thought I'd drop this here too, an old backup of Templar, Az up through Book 5 page 130

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
Blasphemous Saga Fantasy

Sinker's appearance is meant to be evocative of Ultros crashing the opera in Final Fantasy VI. In the same vein, Sinker's InstaGol, YarHar, is based heavily on Ultros's pal Typhon, down to having two faces on either end and its signature attack being a sneeze. Even the chapter title, 'Big Finish?' is a reference to the title of the song that plays when you fight Ultros on the opera stage, 'Grand Finale?'. Typhon, of course, does not actually accompany Ultros until the battle with him after the Opera House, but whatever. Sinker isn't meant to be all that much like Ultros in terms of personality or role, but I saw an opportunity with the setting and took it.

Fortis has a new favorite as of 15:57 on Mar 28, 2023

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Sleepless Domain

CheeseThief
Dec 28, 2012

Two wholesome boys to brighten your day

Ghost Leviathan posted:

That line really would be at home in a Simpsons episode. A good one. I'm not sure who'd be saying it, though it's almost Homer.

It's Lenny. It'd be delivered in an off hand, casual way possibly in reaction to something to do with Homer.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

I feel like you should probably not be like that during sex.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Tales from Birdbun Theater

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Spacetrawler

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Last time on Joey's Special Experience by Hirohiko Archie: To fool the coconut guards, Joseph Joseph Joseph employs a high level strategy to enter the base undetected!

Read right to left:

Translator's note: Joseph Joseph Joseph is legitimately offended that the guards said he didn't look like a woman, and as he changes into a guard's uniform he mutters about losing his confidence

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Emzedoh posted:

A new challenger approaches.

I love Ludwig being unfamiliar with the concept of domestication. "A stunted, housebroken wolf", indeed.

Bybloemen

Target acquired.

Mind your poker faces, boys.

Emzedoh posted:

In which some questions are finally asked. Only took him 10 chapters, jeez.

Incidentally, I do have a list and description of each food mentioned in this chapter.

Shinozaki's Daily Maintenance

Another problem solved... with machines!

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Giant Ethicist posted:

Awful lot of kings in that prison.

Best place for kings, imo.

Destructor

(Thus ends chapter 2 of about 4, in which I am pleased to report "Snakes" and "Gaols" have been introduced)

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Fingerpori

Loppuun asti hiottu = smoothed/whetted to finish; idiomatic saying for describing something that has been honed to perfection
I couldn't think of an English phrase with a meaning/phrasing similarity to build a joke around.

The Accidental Space Spy

Hempuli posted:

30 - Phone and gun
31 - Another carbot
32 - Elusive Mudhider
33 - Gas releaser

34 - The reasons for castrations

35 - Evolution of the tailcutters

Castrations: 5
Alien species seen: 8
:biotruths:: 3 (+1; tailcutter biology)
Talking character deaths: 1
Deaths overall: 14

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
that's dumb

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Swan Boy

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

swan nipples

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Swan Boy’s mom is a dog, of course he has nipples!

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Swan Boy might be a bad person.

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
Rona in the magic box killed me for some reason. (But Branson's terrible lettering started me down the garden path of thinking the central gag would be about two-hundred dollar lemonade.)

Chako

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Y'know, I was just thinking I could go for a nice golemburger

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Chako might be a bad person.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

ultrafilter posted:

Chako might be a bad person.

Would you judge the lion for eating the gazelle? The bird for living freely? The fire for burning? No. For they, like Chako, are one with nature

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

And so marks the end of Funny Online Animals

Pomme de Terror
Sep 30, 2021

Well, one of us must have killed him!
Previously on Manly Guys Doing Manly Things, oh now you hosed up

This time, the battle commences

06/18/2012 - It begins

I sat down and wrote out the rest of the arc over the weekend and did all the panel layouts, looks like it’ll be about ten more pages to wrap everything up.

06/25/2012 - Form of: Flying Potato Squid!

I don’t know if it looks much different, but I inked this week’s comic with Manga Studio. The drawing tools are much more crisp and responsive than Photoshop.

07/02/2012 - Those sunglasses had to be good for something

Apparently today (the fourth of July) is Gackt’s birthday! May his good health and sense of humour be everlasting.

Also, for anyone following the Dick Figures Kickstarter, we’ve got a little less than two weeks and 28% to go! Ed and Zach are going to ramp up the reward tiers in the home stretch, they’ve just put up a video featuring the voice actor behind Lord Tourettes to accompany the incentive that gets you his green elfy hat!

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Digamma-F-Wau posted:

And so marks the end of Funny Online Animals

That's the end of that, totally? I assumed it was still running, is KC Green doing a new webcomic now or he taking a break?

Anyway, thanks for posting FOA, I enjoyed it!

Fagtastic
Apr 9, 2009

I may have sucked robodick, fucked a robot in the exhaust, been fucked by robots & enjoy it to the exclusion of human partners; at least I'm not a goddamn :roboluv:

Silentlocke posted:

Thought I'd drop this here too, an old backup of Templar, Az up through Book 5 page 130

oh nice!!

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Emzedoh posted:

That's the end of that, totally? I assumed it was still running, is KC Green doing a new webcomic now or he taking a break?

Anyway, thanks for posting FOA, I enjoyed it!

He took a break after that, and was going to resume FOA because he still has a contract with Comics Kingdom, but realized he's absolutely done with it. Apparently negotiating a new single panel comic thing with Comics Kingdom, posted some early to Patreon. (think F-OFF if you ever saw those)

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Yeah, I saw one of those today and it was good. I’ll post it here if I find it again.

Anyways, thank you for posting FOA, Digamma!

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

KC publicly posted the first comic in his new series, God's Hands:

(this doesn't necessarily mean I'll take the responsibility of post these if someone else is going to)

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Youremother posted:

(this doesn't necessarily mean I'll take the responsibility of post these if someone else is going to)

lol

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Van von Hunter

You know, I’d suggest that Vendetta Joe should go after the person who causes his misery but then he’d have to declare a vendetta against himself.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

It's not that far from the biology of ants, tbh.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Giant Ethicist posted:

Rona in the magic box killed me for some reason. (But Branson's terrible lettering started me down the garden path of thinking the central gag would be about two-hundred dollar lemonade.)

Chako

Chako eat the golems

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Chako eat the golems

This Is Just To Say

I have eaten
the golems
that were in
the icebox

and which
you were probably
saving
for dinner

forgive me
they were delicious
so juicy
and so sapient

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Youremother posted:

That was my first legit lol for a comic in a while.

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

I'm at my wits end trying to set up paypal lol i can't believe how dysfunctional it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

FOA had its moments but I think it's mostly a good counterexample to the claim that two out of three ain't bad.