Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Hey I pay lots of people! :wotwot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Liquid Communism posted:

Trying to pitch this as 'why would people jamming in their garage want to be criticized' when a fair number of the posts here are 'look at all this custom artwork I want to use, but don't want to build the skills to create or pay someone who has for their time' is incredibly disingenuous. Nobody is going to give a rat's rear end if you use AI-art, or something you copy-pasted from Pinterest or Deviantart for that matter, for your home game.

Nobody except the multiple people who have attacked people for exactly that in the last page of this thread, you mean?

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

None of the artists are entitled to me buying anything from them though. No one was ever entitled to use me as a writer or publish my writing.

In that element of the debate (and that element only, not every anology is meant to encompass every part of a whole debate. Like the synthesizer thing, it's similar in that a lot of more traditional musicians exploded about it being a soulless "not real" music but not necessarily other parts) it'd be like saying Linux is illicit because it takes away from Windows Server sales, and that people should buy a Windows license just because, regardless of whether Linux does what they want easier or better.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
I stream my games, via a VTT, so for me, being able to knock up a AI portrait for a throwaway NPC is better than my old method of stealing someones literal art from the internet.

I only felt slightly guilty about the latter (it's not like I make any money off my streams), so having the AI allows me more customization and less guilt.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
No less guilt, it's the same thing with an intermediary slightly more complex than the usual google search for 'd&d dwarf character portrait'.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Thread is just full of garbage people now. Unbookmark.

People wonder why the forum is dying? These lovely people and a complete lack of reasonable moderation, full stop.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
I am currently running an OSR funhouse dungeon module called Magical Murder Mansion and I generated some magical paintings for the Art Gallery room within. They're all pretty sloppy, because they're all throwaway one-off gags, but I still like 'em.

Spoilers for the module ahead!

Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man. Small pink jellybean floating in red-orange space, tethered by some sort of cord. Touching the painting de-ages a person by 2d20 years. Adjust stats accordingly. If a person’s age drops below 0 they cease to exist. This effect only works 3 times.

Surprisingly hard to generate. Settled for this bullshit.

The Fallen Madonna. Young woman wearing a very-far- off-the-shoulder red dress. If anyone approaches within 1’ or tries to move the portait, she scoffs and says, “Hands off!”. On a second attempt, “I’m warning you.” On a third, “You asked for it,” as she pulls out a wand of pigmented lightning (50' cone, 4d6 lightning damage, Save for half, targets are deafened for 1hr). The painting will not answer questions. After firing the wand, the woman in the painting storms off, decreasing the painting’s value to 20gp.

Picnic Scene. A group of well-dressed picnickers on a hillside are menaced by giant ants. The picnic basket is real and can be removed or tipped out of the painting. It contains three ham sandwiches, a bottle of sweet white wine, and a small pot of mustard.

Had to inpaint a lovely-rear end basket separately.

Hubert Nibsley in Repose. The wizard (whose mansion the PCs are burglarizing in his absence) lounges on a plush green sofa, nude behind a strategically placed fern. His smile is insufferably smug. Anyone within 20' who looks at the painting must Save or stare at it until they complement Hubert. Affected people are aware of this.

Nibsley is an obnoxious narcissist who is exhibit A for the "wizards have no sense of right or wrong" meme. I generated the photo-looking one first and decided what's going on here is that it's too hyper-real for the reality that PCs are in so that's what confuddles them. The regular art version is what they start seeing when they snap out of it.

The Curious Monolith. Metal post in the middle of a sun- dappled snowy forest. The first person to touch the painting is sucked in and vanishes for 1 round. They emerge 2d10 years older, fully healed, and gain enough XP to reach the next level. They have hazy memories of a “magical forest ” and being elected “monarch of the muskrat people”. From their point of view, they were in the painting for a very long time.

Sunset Styles. Large orange sun glitters over the spires of a distant city. The painting glows as brightly as a torch. Its light has all the properties of natural sunlight (burns vampires, grows plants, etc.).

Twilight on the Honsu River. Broad expanse of water with tiny stylized boats. Sails appear to wave; water appears to ripple. Tilting or moving the painted causes tidal waves, tiny stylized shipwrecks.

The End. Streams of multicoloured paint flow towards a central black spot the size of an apple. The spot is painted with paint of annihilation. Anything that touches it, aside from the canvas it is painted on, is destroyed.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

So, here is an experiment with temporalNet https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlAsQ6gkzlE. Its really good with people, but still not very good with a lot of backgrounds. (I used wav2lip for lip syncing). We are getting closer to being able to producing good video.

-edit oops posted this in the wrong thread.

IShallRiseAgain fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Mar 27, 2023

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
I'm looking for a LORA for Orcs or half orcs. It's actually remarkably hard to get a model to generate a good orc that doesn't look plasticy. If anyone has any recc's, let me know.

edit: well this didn't exist 2 weeks ago, but now it does. Ok, nevermind:

https://civitai.com/models/19597/orc-diffusion

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

PlaysGamesWrong posted:

Thread is just full of garbage people now. Unbookmark.

People wonder why the forum is dying? These lovely people and a complete lack of reasonable moderation, full stop.

Nah. The training of AIs on copyrighted content without permission is problematic and it'd be gross to disallow anyone from saying so. I have been playing with these tools myself, I'm currently on the side of "for private use this is basically OK, although the AI companies need to compensate the content owners they're training their tools on" but I don't get to impose my personal ethical stances on the whole forum. There's been a little bit of basically attacks, but there's been reasoned rebuttal and the people who are actually posting projects, like Megazver, are clearly still able to do so; and I've issued a probation in the last few days for posting insults that went beyond critique of the technology or its uses and slipped into attacking posters.

I would encourage you to try posting projects here too.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
There's literally a thread to discuss ethics of AI and crap like that.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4027671

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yeah I encourage folks to go there, but, not everyone is willing or interested in being restricted by D&D forums' formality/posting rules and I'm sensitive to that.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
Y'all are using AI wrong if you're not asking it to explain everything to you in the voice of Stone Cold Steve Austin

quote:

Can you explain opportunity attacks in Dungeons and Dragons in the style of Stone Cold Steve Austin?

Hell yeah! It's time to talk about opportunity attacks in Dungeons and Dragons, and I'm gonna explain it to you in the style of Stone Cold Steve Austin!

Opportunity attacks, let me tell ya, they're like a can of whoop-rear end that you can unleash on your enemies. Here's how it works: when a creature moves out of your reach, you get an opportunity to attack them. That's right, they're running away from ya, but you get to take a swing at 'em before they go.

Now, not all creatures can make opportunity attacks, so you gotta make sure you know your stuff. Typically, it's gonna be melee attacks that you can make, so get ready to get up close and personal with your enemies. And let me tell ya, there's nothing more satisfying than landing a hit on a creature that thought they could just walk away from ya.

So, in summary: opportunity attacks are your chance to strike at a creature that's trying to run away. You gotta be up close and personal to make 'em, but when you do, it's like cracking open a cold one and taking a sip. So get ready to lay the smackdown on your enemies with some sweet, sweet opportunity attacks. And that's the bottom line, 'cause Stone Cold said so!

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Macho Man would be better but I doubt the AI could do it. He has a very...unique*...rhythm.

*cocaine-based

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Macho Man would be better but I doubt the AI could do it. He has a very...unique*...rhythm.

*cocaine-based

quote:

now can you do it like Macho Man Randy Savage?
Oh yeah, dig it! The Macho Man Randy Savage is here to talk about opportunity attacks in Dungeons and Dragons, and let me tell you brother, it's a wild ride.

Opportunity attacks are like a lightning bolt from the top of the rope, oh yeah! When a creature tries to slip away from you, you get a chance to hit 'em with everything you've got. They're trying to run away, but you're not gonna let 'em get away that easy, no sir!

Now let me tell you, not all creatures can make opportunity attacks, so you gotta know your stuff. You gotta be up close and personal, brother, ready to lay down the law. And when you do, it's like a snap into a Slim Jim, oh yeah!

So let me break it down for you: opportunity attacks are your chance to lay the smackdown on a creature that's trying to run away. You gotta be quick and you gotta be tough, brother, but when you land that hit, it's like winning the championship belt. So get in there, take your shot, and make it a good one, oh yeah!

The first time I asked it to re-write something (my annual review) in the style of Stone Cold it typed in all caps, not sure why it's doing proper capitalization now.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Bucnasti posted:

The first time I asked it to re-write something (my annual review) in the style of Stone Cold it typed in all caps, not sure why it's doing proper capitalization now.

:discourse:

AI has peaked. Shut it all down.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Yeah, shut it down before you try three more prompts and see the same phrases repeat in the same positions. It's The Cycle of having fun with a large language model

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Make it describe the PF2 action economy but in the style of the VHS open-palm slap meme and we’ll talk.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

I think it misunderstood "attacks of opportunity" but w/e.

Sir David Attenborough posted:

Ah! here we are in the mystical world of Dungeons and Dragons, a place teeming with a variety of creatures and opportunities for combat. As we venture forth, we observe that there are many ways for adventurers to engage in battle.

One of the most common ways is through melee attacks, such as swords and axes. These weapons require the user to be in close proximity to the enemy and can often lead to intense battles and duels.

But not all adventurers rely on physical prowess alone. Many also utilize ranged attacks, such as bows and spells, allowing them to strike from a distance with precision and skill.

And then there are area-of-effect attacks, like fireballs and lightning bolts, which can inflict damage on multiple enemies at once. These attacks can be devastating and are often used strategically to turn the tide of battle.

What's truly fascinating about Dungeons and Dragons is the diverse range of attacks available to adventurers. From sneaky sneak attacks to powerful spells, each character can develop a unique fighting style tailored to their individual strengths.

As we conclude our exploration of the opportunities for attack in Dungeons and Dragons, it is clear that this world is full of wonder and endless possibilities for those brave enough to venture forth

Voiced clip:https://voca.ro/1meWyL2qpaU2

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Comrade Koba posted:

Make it describe the PF2 action economy but in the style of the VHS open-palm slap meme and we’ll talk.

the VHS open-palm slap meme posted:

EVERY SESSION I SIT DOWN AND PREPARE FOR ADVENTURE. I OPEN MY BOOK AND READ THROUGH THE RULES. IT'S PATHFINDER 2E, AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START PLANNING MY TACTICS. I GO THROUGH EVERY OPTION AND I GO THROUGH THEM HARD. MAKING SOUND EFFECTS WHEN I ROLL DICE OR WHEN I LAND A CRITICAL HIT. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY FOUGHT A DRAGON AND SURVIVED. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUT LOUD EVERY TIME I TELL THE STORY TO MY FRIENDS, AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE THAT PEOPLE CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JERKS. AND I'VE LEARNED ALL THE RULES AND I'VE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY TABLE LESS BORING BY ROLEPLAYING. 4 HOURS INCLUDING BREAKS EVERY SESSION. THEN I LEVEL UP.

Trying to get something more descriptive

quote:

"EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A VHS INTO THE SLOT. ITS PATHFINDER 2E RULEBOOK, AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START PLANNING MY MOVES ALONGSIDE MY CHARACTER, WHO'S READY FOR BATTLE. I DECIDE WHAT ACTIONS I'LL TAKE - STRIKE, CAST A SPELL, RAISE A SHIELD, TAKE COVER - AND I DO IT WITH PURPOSE. I CONSIDER THE ACTIONS AVAILABLE TO ME IN THE THREE-ACTION SYSTEM, AND I MAKE SURE TO USE THEM ALL TO THE BEST OF MY ABILITY. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY'VE MASTERED PATHFINDER 2E'S ACTION ECONOMY. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY GAMING GROUP AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN GAMING GROUPS CAN STILL BE IMPRESSED BY TACTICAL THINKING. AND I'VE LEARNED ALL THE OPTIONS AND I'VE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY CHARACTER MORE EFFECTIVE BY UTILIZING THEM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING CHARACTER CREATION EVERY SESSION. THEN I ROLL THE DICE!"

YggdrasilTM fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Mar 29, 2023

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

It's a little disheartening to me that the "then I lift" ending, which wasn't in the original, got into the AI. I guess that's par for the course.

edit: typo

Megaman's Jockstrap fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Mar 30, 2023

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran
Where should I go to get a foundation in writing good Midjourney prompts? The GBS thread, despite its name, stopped posting its prompts a while ago, and it was never terribly disciplined about it. I've fiddled around with it enough to have some rough ideas, but I don't get anywhere near the results that other people are posting. It's only gotten worse recently, too: I'm having a devil of a time getting it to generate a person without a horribly mangled face, for some reason.

HOMOEROTIC JESUS
Apr 19, 2018

Verily I say unto thee, That this night, before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice.

Kestral posted:

Where should I go to get a foundation in writing good Midjourney prompts? The GBS thread, despite its name, stopped posting its prompts a while ago, and it was never terribly disciplined about it. I've fiddled around with it enough to have some rough ideas, but I don't get anywhere near the results that other people are posting. It's only gotten worse recently, too: I'm having a devil of a time getting it to generate a person without a horribly mangled face, for some reason.

I only know Stable Diffusion, but what changed the terrible faces problem I had was upscaling (latent I think?) during image generation. It might also be fixed by increasing the output resolution in general, but I didn't try that because my machine has tiny compute. I don't know if there are options to upscale during generation in Midjourney though. For an example, the upscaling took me from getting results like this

to this

with the exact same prompt. So it was more technical detail than prompt writing.

I don't use any negative prompting relating to the face, but I do usually put "detailed face and eyes" in the regular prompt. But who knows, that could make a differnce. So... good luck :shrug:

I'm happy to help more if you want. I can grab some more details with my work flow once I'm done with work.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
drat I like that design. :allears:

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

Kestral posted:

I just use their documentation, some experimentation, and YouTube videos for specific issues I'm having.
https://docs.midjourney.com/docs/prompts

Strange you're having issues with faces, since the new engine is much better at them than the last. Have some examples?

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

I don't know anything about Midjourney, but in Stable Diffusion all my best faces have been from inpainting at a higher res starting with lower (.3) diffusion.

The initial image generation is mostly good for style and general comp, after that you need to target the problem areas (faces, eyes, teeth, hands) as a rule.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I struggled to figure out how to fix a macro I found online for FoundryVTT and ChatGPT fixed me right up in seconds. :stare:

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

ChatGPT is quite good at writing and debugging simple code.

Wangsucker 69
Feb 7, 2004

Shut up, you old bat.
ChatGPT has definitely enhanced my homebrew DnD stuff, I’ll have a window open when I’m writing and man has it helped me flesh stuff out as a novice DM.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Wangsucker 69 posted:

ChatGPT has definitely enhanced my homebrew DnD stuff, I’ll have a window open when I’m writing and man has it helped me flesh stuff out as a novice DM.

This for sure.
I even use it on the fly during games.
My players encountered a mercenary and I wanted him to have a unique magic shield so I asked ChatGPT to generate one, it gave me a cool idea for a shield that could reflect spells. So I used it, the merc even triggered the ability during the combat and surprised the gently caress outta the warlock. Then afterwards when the players went to identify it I asked ChatGPT to give me a cool name for it and it suggested "Shield of the Twilight Guardian".

It also understands stuff like 5 Room Dungeons formats, and Sly Flourishes' Lazy DM "Secrets", so you can tell it. "Give me a dungeon in the format of a Five Room Dungeon that takes place in ..." or "Generate 10 Lazy Dungeon Master Secrets for my next adventure that takes place in ...."

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

In a campaign of mine, the father of one of the characters works in the government and he is being blackmailed by a criminal organization for documents. It was an idea of the player, mostly an excuse to bring the character back in the city at the beginning of the campaign. I wanted to connect the organization to a major plot point involving a coup... And the chat suggested me to make the father of the PC to be the material executor of the king assassination, still under blackmail. An obvious idea, but it really didn't come to me.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

Chat GPT isn’t bad at coming up with rulesets …

I asked for a system for a mad max / car wars kind of vehicle combat system. At first it just reskinned D&D using d20s so I asked it to make a d6 based system instead. Not bad. Certainly could be used as a starting point for something.

quote:

Title: Wasteland Skirmish

Vehicle Attributes:
Each vehicle has the following attributes:

Hit Points (HP): Determines the amount of damage a vehicle can take before it is destroyed (e.g., 30 HP).
Armor Rating (AR): Represents the vehicle's ability to mitigate incoming damage. Each vehicle has separate AR values for its front, rear, left, and right sides (e.g., Front AR: 4, Rear AR: 3, Left AR: 2, Right AR: 2).
Weapon Dice (WD): Indicates the number of six-sided dice (d6) rolled for the vehicle's weapons (e.g., 2d6).
Critical Hit Threshold (CHT): The minimum roll on a single damage die required to score a critical hit (e.g., 6 CHT).
Critical Hit Multiplier (CHM): The multiplier applied to the single die when a critical hit is scored (e.g., 2x CHM).
Combat Mechanics:
a) Hit:

To determine if an attack hits its target, each vehicle has an Accuracy Value (AV) and an Evasion Value (EV). When a vehicle attacks, it rolls 2d6 and adds its AV. If the result equals or exceeds the target's EV, the attack hits.

b) Damage:

When an attack hits, the attacker rolls their Weapon Dice (WD) for damage. For example, if a vehicle has 2d6 WD, they would roll two six-sided dice and add the results together to calculate the base damage.

c) Armor Mitigation and Chipping:

When a vehicle takes damage, its Armor Rating (AR) mitigates a portion of the damage. The final damage taken is calculated as follows:

Final Damage = (Base Damage - AR)

If the final damage is less than or equal to zero, the vehicle takes no damage, and the armor on the hit side chips away:

Chipped Armor = (AR - 1)

Once an armor value reaches zero, any additional damage directly affects the vehicle's HP.

d) Critical Hits:

When an attacker rolls for damage, if any of the damage dice meet or exceed the attacker's Critical Hit Threshold (CHT), that die is considered a critical hit. In this case, the die's result is multiplied by the attacker's Critical Hit Multiplier (CHM).

For example, if a vehicle has a 6 CHT and rolls a 6 on one of its 2d6, that single die's damage would be doubled (6 x 2 = 12).

Vehicle Customization:
Players can customize their vehicles with various weapons, armor, and modifications that alter their base attributes. For example:

Weapons: Increase WD or add special effects (e.g., splash damage or status effects like burning or immobilizing)
Armor: Increase AR for specific sides or provide additional layers of protection (e.g., force fields)
Modifications: Enhance vehicle attributes (e.g., increase AV, EV, CHT, or CHM) or provide unique abilities (e.g., camouflage or self-repair)
Gameplay:
Players engage in fast-paced, turn-based combat on a grid-based map, with terrain and obstacles affecting movement and line-of-sight. Each turn, players can move their vehicles and perform one attack or special ability, taking into account the facing of their vehicle and the targeted side of the enemy vehicle.

The objective is to destroy all enemy vehicles while keeping your own vehicles intact. The last player with at least one vehicle remaining is the winner.

Wasteland Skirmish adds an additional layer of strategy by incorporating armor chipping and directional damage, providing an exciting and tactical vehicle combat experience inspired by Mad Max and Car Wars.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
I've started experimenting with Microsoft Bing's new in built AI chat for work stuff and have now started playing around with some ttrpg things too. Bing is based on ChatGPT4 which is so far proving to be a big improvement on what GPT3 (the current public facing free version) was giving me before. It needs a lot less massaging to get something useful to run at the table. The below examples are all using the 'Compose' tab, - not the default Chat window - with the settings on 'Enthusastic' tone and medium length.

My Prompt: A starting scenario for a one shot game of the Scum & Villainy RPG. Please include a main antagonist who the players can defeat or outmanoeuvre in some way.

Bing posted:

You are a crew of scoundrels and rogues, living on the edge of the law in a galaxy ruled by the Hegemony, a tyrannical and oppressive regime. You have a ship, a base, and a reputation to uphold among the criminal underworld. You take on jobs that no one else dares to, from smuggling contraband to raiding corporate facilities. You have a knack for getting into trouble and getting out of it by the skin of your teeth.

Your latest job is to infiltrate a secret Hegemony research station orbiting a gas giant. The station is rumored to be developing a new weapon that could tip the balance of power in the galaxy. Your employer, a mysterious figure known as the Broker, has offered you a hefty sum of credits to steal the weapon's prototype and data. The catch is that you have to do it before the station's commander, Admiral Voss, completes his inspection and takes the weapon to a secure location. Admiral Voss is a ruthless and cunning officer who has a personal vendetta against your crew. He will stop at nothing to capture you and make you pay for your crimes.

You have managed to sneak into the station using forged credentials and disguises. You have a limited window of opportunity to find the weapon, grab it, and get out before you are discovered. You will need to use your skills, gadgets, and contacts to overcome the station's security, avoid detection, and deal with any complications that arise. Will you be able to pull off this daring heist and escape from Admiral Voss's clutches? Or will you end up as his prisoners or worse?

Other than the rote intro paragraph, that is actually a pretty solid and workable idea for an introductory one shot and something I could definitely run with at short notice.

Second Prompt - this time set to the 'Ideas' setting rather than 'Paragraph': Design a sample combat encounter for a party of four players playing the 13th Age roleplaying game. The players are all level 5 and this should be a difficult double strength encounter. Include a named NPC leader villain and their minions. Also include some changing environmental effects that come into play depending on the value of the escalation die.

Bing posted:

- Here is one possible sample combat encounter:

* The party is ambushed by a band of orc raiders led by Grashnak, a fearsome warlord who has sworn allegiance to the Orc Lord. Grashnak is a level 5 large orc barbarian with 90 hp, AC 21, PD 19, MD 15, and a greataxe that deals 3d10+5 damage and triggers a free attack on a natural even hit. He also has the following abilities:
- Rage: Once per battle as a quick action, Grashnak can enter a rage that gives him +4 damage and +2 to all defenses until the end of the battle or until he becomes staggered.
- Fear Aura: Enemies engaged with Grashnak take a -2 penalty to their attacks unless they have more hp than him.
- Leader: Grashnak can grant a +1 bonus to the attack rolls of one ally within sight as a free action once per round.
* Grashnak is accompanied by eight level 3 orc warriors with 45 hp, AC 19, PD 17, MD 13, and a battleaxe that deals 2d8+4 damage and adds +1d6 damage on a natural even hit. They also have the following ability:
- Mob: Orc warriors deal +1d6 damage for each other orc warrior engaged with the same enemy (maximum +4d6).
* The encounter takes place in a rocky canyon with narrow passages and steep cliffs. The environmental effects are as follows:
- Escalation die 1+: The orcs can use the terrain to their advantage, gaining a +2 bonus to disengage checks and making opportunity attacks against enemies who try to move past them.
- Escalation die 3+: A dust storm begins to blow, reducing visibility and imposing a -2 penalty to ranged attacks and perception checks.
- Escalation die 5+: A rockslide occurs, dealing 4d6 damage to everyone in a nearby area (hard save ends) and creating difficult terrain.

That's a pretty vanilla encounter - and it doesn't know that 13th Age enemies use fixed damage rather than rolling damage, or give attack bonus values for any of the Orcs. However, if you're GMing a game and have literally five minutes or less to build a battle it's not bad. Twenty seconds to type the prompt and then a minute or two to fudge the bonuses and you're all good.

Third Prompt - back to Paragraph setting, but now on Long rather than Medium: Write up a description of a location for the Call of Cthullu roleplaying game. Include at least three named NPCs associated with the location. Describe what the terrible evil secret the location is harbouring is and ways the players may first discover it and then try to defeat it.

Bing posted:

The Old Mill is a seemingly abandoned building on the outskirts of Arkham, Massachusetts. It was once a thriving flour mill, but it closed down after a series of mysterious fires and accidents in the late 19th century. Now it stands as a dilapidated ruin, surrounded by overgrown weeds and a foul-smelling stream.

However, the Old Mill is not as empty as it appears. It is the secret lair of a cult of Nyarlathotep, the Crawling Chaos. The cultists use the mill as a place to perform dark rituals, sacrifice victims, and store their unholy relics. They are led by Jacob Marsh, a charismatic preacher who claims to have visions from the Outer Gods. He is assisted by two loyal followers: Sarah Blake, a young woman who serves as his personal secretary and lover, and Samuel Carter, a burly thug who acts as his enforcer and bodyguard.

The terrible evil secret that the Old Mill is harbouring is a portal to the Dreamlands, a realm of nightmares and madness. The cultists have been using the portal to communicate with Nyarlathotep and his minions, and to bring back eldritch horrors that they keep hidden in the basement. They are planning to open the portal wider and unleash a horde of monsters upon the unsuspecting town of Arkham.

The players may first discover the Old Mill by following clues from various sources, such as newspaper articles, local rumours, or occult books. They may also stumble upon it by chance while exploring the countryside. Once they enter the mill, they will have to face the cultists and their abominations, as well as the traps and hazards of the old building. They will also have to resist the influence of Nyarlathotep, who will try to tempt them with false promises or drive them insane with his whispers.

To defeat the cult and close the portal, the players will have to find and destroy the ancient artifact that powers it: a black stone idol of Nyarlathotep that is hidden in a secret chamber behind the altar. The idol is protected by a powerful ward that can only be broken by reciting a counter-spell from an ancient tome that is kept in Marsh's office. The players will have to fight their way through the cultists and their creatures, locate the tome and the idol, and perform the ritual before it is too late.

Again, a fairly rote and generic CoC adventure but definitely workable and something that I could easily improvise off and run a one shot from.

If I was due to GM a session in the next ten minutes that for some reason I had done absolutely no prep for and had no inspiration for either (it happens more often than you may think!) I can reliably get something gameable from Bing/ChatGPT4 in thirty seconds flat. Then I can either build off it myself, or use the AI to drill down a bit deeper asking it to build out specifics. Either way, it seems to me that already in the last three months or so it's come on leaps and bounds for using in it in TTRPG content generation going from something that takes a lot of work to mould something gameable from to a reliable tool.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Made some portraits for a SHIVER RPG zombie apocalypse one-shot pregenerated characters:

Security Guard, Rodent Researcher, Mailroom Worker

HR Guy, Janitor, Intern

Psychic Experiment Girl, Sleazy Corpo, Old Scientist Who'll Infodump Then Die

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Megazver posted:

Made some portraits for a SHIVER RPG zombie apocalypse one-shot pregenerated characters:

These are awesome! What model and prompt did you use for them?

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Thanks! Standard MJ, the prompt for this style would be:

"a X-year-old [gender] [ethnicity maybe] [description of character], [colors] palette, clipart, pop art, flat shaded, clean and sharp inking, high contrast chiaroscuro portraits"

The color thing is system specific - SHIVER uses funky d6s that have six different symbols for the six stats on them and there's an Archetype (class/playbook) for each stat.

So Talisa the rodent scientist is a Scholar and her main stat is Smarts which is yellow, so the portrait is yellow. (I've changed the colors a bit for Grit and Heart portraits, from amber and red to red and pink.)

I'm very proud of thinking of this color thing, I am very smart.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Also ran a one-shot of Frontier Scum, which is this very cool Mork Borg-influenced rules-light weird west OSR system. The rulebook's aesthetic is off the chain, you should check it out:

There were no pregens for it, but creating a character is one-click with this cool character generator, so I just generated some portraits for my players to choose from.

Now the cool new feature MJ has is that you can feed it a picture and it will tell you what it thinks some of the keywords for that picture would be. It doesn't work all that well atm, but you can still pluck out some useful bits out of it. I started off by taking an image from the rulebook and asked MJ to /describe it:

Then I cobbled together some of the keywords from those sample prompts into this:

"black and white drawing portrait of [character description], in the style of clowncore, high contrast chiaroscuro portraits, pulp comics, gritty horror comics, intricate use of hatching, dark black and white, lithuanian linocut, rubén maya, ronald balfour, felicien rops"

And generated some grids for my players to pick from:

(My apologies for the heft of the images, I did what I could.)

I like this style, it's ugly and sinister in a good way.

Megazver fucked around with this message at 11:24 on May 5, 2023

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

That is a good prompt and I'll abuse the gently caress out of It for horror characters

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

A discussion of rules about posting about AIs has begun in the feedback thread, beginning with this post. I encourage folks to participate. Please try to remain civil.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Why yes, I would love to get dogpiled by a bunch of hostile, bad faith neckbeards who don't actually understand what they're having a moral panic about, but are aggressive enough about it that they try to muscle over the forum rules to screw with anyone who disagrees about this contentious issue instead of having polite discussion or agreeing to disagree.

If no one takes you up on this generous offer, I think it won't be because there is no one who disagrees with the mob, but because, frankly, "hey there's a witch hunt happening over there, would you like to be the witch?" feels unsafe and I am a little disappointed by how you're handling this.

The only I'll add to this is that no, I don't think this should be a rule. Enjoy your discussion.