Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Asterite34 posted:

Naw, Bill was Prom King and Lenore stole him away from whoever was Prom Queen

I feel like Bill is basically living in the aftermath of a high school romcom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Asterite34 posted:

Part of me wonders what Nancy initially saw in him, I don't think they ever got into that. Hank and Bill wooed their future spouses when they were highschool football studs, how the hell did Dale the social anxiety towel manager get Nancy?

Stick-tec alpha Dale is in there somewhere, she must have caught a glimpse

Sir Mat of Dickie
Jul 19, 2012

"There is no solitude greater than that of the samurai unless it be that of a tiger in the jungle... perhaps..."
It was his force of personality and entrepreneurial spirit.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
Dale is packing a hog and you can't convince me otherwise. He got that jack from RLM energy

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Milo and POTUS posted:

Dale's hung like you'd think boomhauer would be

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Sir Mat of Dickie posted:

It was his force of personality and entrepreneurial spirit.

Really, and that's why his friends stick with him too. He's a weirdo but he's full of energy and passion even after all these years. Especially looking at Bill as a contrast.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

At some point Dales default every day underwear becomes a red thong, you know he's freaky

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Hank is friends with two guys who wear banana hammocks. Truly, he is a paragon of progress

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Asterite34 posted:

Naw, Bill was Prom King and Lenore stole him away from whoever was Prom Queen

He found her passed out in his lap at a Molly hatchet concert, iirc. I guess the two aren't mutually exclusive.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Fishstick posted:

Not too close Bobby. Those leafy green plants can suck the oxygen right out of your body.

"Hank, the mold's got him!"

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Around when Nancy does stop cheating on him Dale is treated more as a loving husband, when early on he almost had no interest in Nancy.

I don’t think we actually get a lot on their early relationship though.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Dale will put a ton of effort into getting something and then doesn't care about maintaining it. Most of his conspiracies he will take to their logical conclusion but then backs off and abandons them. Is it that hard to believe he did the same with Nancy? He has Nancy, why does he have to prove he loves her? She knows it.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

In the revival Joseph will have a younger, paler, more skittish sibling.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

pixaal posted:

Dale will put a ton of effort into getting something and then doesn't care about maintaining it. Most of his conspiracies he will take to their logical conclusion but then backs off and abandons them. Is it that hard to believe he did the same with Nancy? He has Nancy, why does he have to prove he loves her? She knows it.

And this happens all the drat time in real life. Look at how many relationships have one partner (usually the husband) totally check out after the honeymoon period (literal or otherwise). All those r/relationships post about how a woman realises the man who got her pregnant is a useless lump once she actually needs something.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Dale is surprisingly limber and has a silver medal in sexual gymnastics.

A true gentleman never comes first.

e:

Shamefully reposted from reddit, lmao that it's in Anderson who of course we all know was the name of proto-Hank on Beavis and Butthead

Another Bill fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Mar 28, 2023

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

CommonShore posted:

In the revival Joseph will have a younger, paler, more skittish sibling.

yet hes the black sheep of the family, Its clear Dale relates more to Joseph.

That boy aint right in Dales words

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

I like Texas Skilsaw Massacre where Hank punishes Dale by forbidding him from helping fix the damage he caused.

Also Wings of the Dope where Hank gets one over on Khan by getting to fix his trampoline and mow his lawn, the fool.

Really good insights into the guys at the alley's character

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

I stumbled across a clip of Hank Hill's VA doing an ad for Info Wars.

as a casual viewer of the show I'm going to hypothesize the story behind this:

- the ad is old, like early 2000s
- given the time period, this may have been tongue-in-cheek. like Dale is a conspiracy nut so it is funny that a person from KotH did a plug for Alex Jones. back in those days Info Wars was considered harmless fun like Coast to Coast AM and only people in desert bomb shelters listened seriously. unlike, uh... now
- there is a Texas connection, so the truth may be mundane like they had mutual acquaintances

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

I stumbled across a clip of Hank Hill's VA doing an ad for Info Wars.

as a casual viewer of the show I'm going to hypothesize the story behind this:

- the ad is old, like early 2000s
- given the time period, this may have been tongue-in-cheek. like Dale is a conspiracy nut so it is funny that a person from KotH did a plug for Alex Jones. back in those days Info Wars was considered harmless fun like Coast to Coast AM and only people in desert bomb shelters listened seriously. unlike, uh... now
- there is a Texas connection, so the truth may be mundane like they had mutual acquaintances

No Mike Judge is super-libertarian and had p bad politics unfortunately

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

ah, I see. libertarians certainly were a wild card in terms of what direction they went in post-9/11 and post-Great Recession

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Alex Jones also had a more fun side-show attraction allure to him pre-Sandy Hook back when conspiracy theorists were easy to diagnose as carny nonsense instead of what the last decade has evolved into.

Like he had cameos in A Scanner Darkly and Waking Life. Pretty sure Judge hasn't done anything with Alex Jones since Sandy Hook at least.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Yeah I used to enjoy the occasional Alex jones in the early 2000s because it was all lizard people and aliens and secret government bases, not the hatred and protein pills death cult it became.

Another Bill fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Mar 28, 2023

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Hihohe posted:

yet hes the black sheep of the family, Its clear Dale relates more to Joseph.

That boy aint right in Dales words

hank tried to get him into baseball and football but he demands to play cricket and soccer, at which he excels. he's a sensitive boy and somewhat appalled at the catty things nancy gets up to even though she's in her 60s

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
We all know that Dale is a huge coward, but I do remember an episode when Joseph had a bad dream and cried out in the middle of the night, and Dale wearing nothing but his hat, sunglasses, underwear and I think a pair of work boots, kicked the loving door in with a gun in each hand.

Coward he is but papa wolf he is too. Mandolorian ain't got nothing on him when it comes to his boy.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Cowslips Warren posted:

We all know that Dale is a huge coward, but I do remember an episode when Joseph had a bad dream and cried out in the middle of the night, and Dale wearing nothing but his hat, sunglasses, underwear and I think a pair of work boots, kicked the loving door in with a gun in each hand.

Coward he is but papa wolf he is too. Mandolorian ain't got nothing on him when it comes to his boy.

And on realising it's just because Joseph had a bad dream, Dale immediately and gladly switches gears and offers to read him a story.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I need that gif

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

https://kingofthehill.fandom.com/wiki/Naked_Ambition#Gallery

This is a horny wiki page gallery

The Bible
May 8, 2010

The Saucer Hovers posted:

anyone who thinks peggy is as stupid as luanne is too dumb to know theyre dumb

Hey now, I am a proud, ignorant man...

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Cowslips Warren posted:

What episode is this?

Whats up with this quote from the back hoe episode?
BOOMHAUER: Man, this is dang ol' pathetic, man... I got better things to do... talkin' 'bout ol' Jenny-Cam, man... she should be gettin' in the shower right about now.

Who is jenny cam? Wikipedia says she was the first camgirl which seems like boomhauer would be into but man that reference seems obscure for someone my age

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
I can assure you that at the time it was not that obscure.

Many pearls were clutched re jennicam.

JaddaCaddra
Oct 3, 2013

Milo and POTUS posted:

What episode is this?

Dale to the Chief.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Ghost Leviathan posted:

And on realising it's just because Joseph had a bad dream, Dale immediately and gladly switches gears and offers to read him a story.

The story is of the JFK assassination: the Warren report.

And then, when Joseph asks a question which required further effort (getting the appendix from under the kitchen table leg), Dale says something like “how could I say no to you?” And goes and gets it.

Dale loves his son. Papa wolf 100%

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Lol hanks line and delivery when a distraught Dale comes to the alley

Hank: “I’m sorry Dale, I know that assassination meant a lot to you”

Hank sounds so sincere

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I still don't know why Raymond J Johnson is funny.

I don't care if he taught America to laugh, could've been Mr 1976, or got anyone through the second gas crisis; it just makes zero sense.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

In my day, the principal was the meanest sum-bitch God ever put on one leg. He'd lean on a desk with both hands, and swing his leg at ya! Then, when you were standing there shocked that a one-legged man had kicked ya...he'd bite ya.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I still don't know why Raymond J Johnson is funny.

I don't care if he taught America to laugh, could've been Mr 1976, or got anyone through the second gas crisis; it just makes zero sense.

Well you see, you can call him Ray, or you can call him Jay; or you can call him Ray-Jay, or you can call him RJ, or RJ-J

But you don't have to call him Johnson

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

SilvergunSuperman posted:

In my day, the principal was the meanest sum-bitch God ever put on one leg. He'd lean on a desk with both hands, and swing his leg at ya! Then, when you were standing there shocked that a one-legged man had kicked ya...he'd bite ya.

*tears slide silently down Cotton’s face*

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Fishstick posted:

Well you see, you can call him Ray, or you can call him Jay; or you can call him Ray-Jay, or you can call him RJ, or RJ-J

But you don't have to call him Johnson

Yeah, see, you're laughing... And I don't know why.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Nigmaetcetera posted:

*tears slide silently down Cotton’s face*
He must have over reminisced and brought up his pain water.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Ornery and Hornery posted:

The story is of the JFK assassination: the Warren report.

And then, when Joseph asks a question which required further effort (getting the appendix from under the kitchen table leg), Dale says something like “how could I say no to you?” And goes and gets it.

Dale loves his son. Papa wolf 100%

Much like everything else about him his parenting skills are insane. That could be the X factor that keeps Nancy interested in him too. On a more wholesome note.