Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Yeah but if you really liked Keqing to pull a name out of the hat, maybe if they didn't have to massively up the cast with every new area, she'd get some character development instead of being stuck in the stasis she's been since the archon quest finished. It'd be a very different game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

It'd be a very different game but like, so different it wouldn't measurably be Genshin Impact anymore. The world travel, leaving people behind thing is a function of the open world exploration focus.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Keqing got some very nice writing in the Moonchase event, and (even though it sucked) she was focal in Lantern Rite 2. I'd agree with some cynicism about how well they can keep things up as the cast balloons through another 3 countries, but they are committed to giving more writing of the characters to people via events.

Beyond that I guess no vouching for quality of said writing or whether it just feels perfunctory, but yeah, the effort to at least try this stuff can be seen.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

ninjoatse.cx posted:

The last few banners have been kinda blah for me. I still play daily, but there’s only so much desert i can look at.

We're in the chill phase of smash out dailies and log off pending next major release, unless you're working on upgrading your backlog of neglected characters. Or a new player, who is probably frantically trying to reach a party of upgraded level 90s.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
These dead patches are great. Just plow more resin into Wanderer's domain for no benefit.

Btw this sands causes me extreme anguish. Fellow Wanderers will understand.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

I’m fully okay with content lulls because they either let me catch up with stuff I’m behind on like character quests or hangouts, or let me put the game down for a while so I don’t burn out. demanding full engagement at all times is a great way to get me to drop a game.

Odysseus S. Grant
Oct 12, 2011

Cats is the oldest and strongest emotion
of mankind
Yeah I'm taking these weeks to get a couple of characters up to asc 6, build some from nothing, and pre-farm some stuff for Baizhu. Good thing I looked up that he'll need Violetgrass and Fungus drops, because gently caress, those would've been miserable to build up later.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I got Shenhe and Ayaka, leaving Eula as the only major character that I feel I have to have (Baizhu, Nilou, and Yae are in the I'll pull for them but won't force category), so now I'm burning all my precious books to finally get people to 90. It is extremely painful and I am very glad for the lull.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

anyone making a thread for Star Rail?

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
When did abyss start giving Deepwood/Guilded reliquaries??? I've got a bunch of these and Desert Pavilion ones now. Not too shabby

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011

ninjoatse.cx posted:

When did abyss start giving Deepwood/Guilded reliquaries??? I've got a bunch of these and Desert Pavilion ones now. Not too shabby

Generally speaking the Abyss gives whatever was the latest to release, I think?

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
It used to always give gladiator and wanderer's troupe, but later was switched to the chasm domain. So I guess it'll just be the latest from now on? Not that I'm really complaining, since you can't recycle into the newest domain, so it's always kind of in demand.

Has anyone done the math on what the newest domain will mean for childe? Is it a significant improvement?

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

frajaq posted:

anyone making a thread for Star Rail?

There's no Honkai thread so I assume we'll just talk about here for now.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Has anyone done the math on what the newest domain will mean for childe? Is it a significant improvement?
its a small increase to his normal attack/charge attack damage but a big increase to his burst and riptide damage. its a straight upgrade but if its worth farming for depends on how good your heart of depth set is and how much you use childe. (the heart of depth domain is much more efficient to farm since blizzard strayer is so good)

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

It reads as "mistsplitter, the hydro set" so it should be pretty good if you can keep stacks from each of the separate sources up all the time.

But I can't really think of who would actually both want to and be able to make use of it other than childe. Ayato would only be able to hit 2 stacks, mona/koko don't really want an attack-focused set outside of some edge case meme build, nilou doesn't care, babs doesn't care, yelan wants HP, maybe xingqiu? But the buff duration is annoyingly short like hoyo is obsessed with doing on everything now, so it seems like it would quickly become a non-benefit there too.

Maybe it's for the hydro archon coming with Fontaine. The other set in presumably the same domain is pretty bad thought, since Dehya is so bad and she's the only one who could really make much use of it. I don't see it being resin efficient to farm at all. Much like wanderer's domain, if you aren't farming the secondary set for nilou/kiku.

Edit:
-_-

sushibandit fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Mar 28, 2023

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

dps candace? :v:

Kale
May 14, 2010

Yeah the "lull" is fine for me since I've got a lot to go through just to get through 3.0 stuff still. I had to do this one hidden quest where I have to follow a Sumpter Beast all the way across an entire region into another like 4 times to get it to trigger properly and half of them appear to be puzzles or riddles or things that are time gated over 4-5 days again like it was in Inazuma. I've been on Sumeru again basically all 3.5 and I think maybe my total exploration has gone up 9% from 21 to 30 now. I actually went and compiled a list of quests to do before I'm really done the 3.0 Sumeru launch content in the forest area and not including Aranyaka I've still got about 22 quests and hidden objectives that give either 30-50 primos plus a Wonder of The World achievement. This shits gonna take some time yet before I reunite with Candace and Co in the desert which is around where I left off doing main quest stuff when 3.1 came out.

I remember being so caught off guard by the Hidden content exploration stuff that started with Inazuma that I had virtually no idea about until roughly the time I unlocked the gateway to Enkanomiya and being like wait there's about 30ish quest like things that contain either lore or some unique rewards that you might stumble across but not necessarily? One of them even kind of introduces the lore about Arlecchino who is set to be a major antagonist only in the Fontaine arc and you first find out about her and her "children" in the game really by stumbling across a hidden Fatui camp around the Grand Narukami Shrine.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Star Rail has me in the strange position of liking almost exclusively 4 star units thus far. Easy saving I guess?

Also my top 6 favorite units are 3 erudition and 3 nihility so my teamcomps are gonna be weird.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

im going to force the mahjong girl for the game's entire lifespan

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Same, and also the guitar lady.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Guitar Lady is the pre-registration 4* and Mahjong lady is supposedly coming from the first event, so you two are good. If you do the dumb webevent, you can even gacha up guitar ladies weapon and import it into the game.

Eimi fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Mar 28, 2023

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one

:argh:No chests allowed in boss areas :argh:

Kale posted:

Yeah the "lull" is fine for me since I've got a lot to go through just to get through 3.0 stuff still. I had to do this one hidden quest where I have to follow a Sumpter Beast all the way across an entire region into another like 4 times to get it to trigger properly and half of them appear to be puzzles or riddles or things that are time gated over 4-5 days again like it was in Inazuma.
I've done the sitting man of Enkonomiya and He Tao of the Chasm but I'm stumped on the sumpter beast quest. All I found was the cave bordering the chasm region that cave no clues. Then I found a hunter standing by an an apple tree who gave me some vague directions on where to go next but she disappeared afterwards and there's no quest markers. :iiam:

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofZVWVM1104

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

not my roll but i always wonder about seeing rolls like this

this feels like most of the luck you'll ever get in your life

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Nah, it'd be real lucky if Diluc was the last 5 star they drew so they had guaranteed 50/50 on the next banner.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Eimi posted:

There's no Honkai thread so I assume we'll just talk about here for now.

Yeah if anything this is the mostly Genshin sometimes general Hoyoverse thread. It doesn't move so fast it can't contain another product, probably maybe.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

DancingShade posted:

Yeah if anything this is the mostly Genshin sometimes general Hoyoverse thread. It doesn't move so fast it can't contain another product, probably maybe.

I think once star rail is out it'll get enough chatter and traffic that a new thread is needed but before it's out, I don't mind it being chatted about in the general hoyo thread.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

Every few weeks I get bored of running Yoimiya in the Scaramouch fight and change it up, only to remember at the instant KO stage that most of my other pyro/dendro dps units can't hit the stupid turrets in the air and they resist hydro/electro. Who thought this was good boss design??

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Never not nahida

wokow6
Oct 19, 2013

Eimi posted:

Guitar Lady is the pre-registration 4* and Mahjong lady is supposedly coming from the first event, so you two are good. If you do the dumb webevent, you can even gacha up guitar ladies weapon and import it into the game.

How do you pre-register?

Sooper Gila
Apr 23, 2014

Love
Peace
and Harmony

Endorph posted:

not my roll but i always wonder about seeing rolls like this

this feels like most of the luck you'll ever get in your life

I hit hard pity on Ayaka's banner today...

and got C1 Tighnari.

Ah well, at least I'll finally get Ganyu soon.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I promise, you did not hit hard pity. No one has ever hit hard pity (which means that no matter who you are, it could be worse!)

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

wokow6 posted:

How do you pre-register?

Should just need to go here. https://hsr.hoyoverse.com/en-us/

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Space Opera posted:

Every few weeks I get bored of running Yoimiya in the Scaramouch fight and change it up, only to remember at the instant KO stage that most of my other pyro/dendro dps units can't hit the stupid turrets in the air and they resist hydro/electro. Who thought this was good boss design??
Comedy alternative: you don't have to actually do any damage in phase 2: just dodge until the turret kills him, and have the meteor kill whoever of your party you like the least that day.

(Also I just bring Diona because I don't want to deal with Nahida charged attacking the wrong target.)

Incoherence fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Mar 28, 2023

Ferrous
Feb 28, 2010

silvergoose posted:

Never not nahida

I did this once, won't happen again.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Cryo/Ayaka works very well there too. But I wouldn't use anything beyond Dendro or Cryo.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Wanderer is aight. Enough Anemo can handle the constructs and my E phase does enough damage to kill when the robot is staggered. My Mika friend team is Wanderer Zhongli Yelan Mika and if Mika actually applied real amounts of cryo it would be almost decent while still being way worse than bennett.

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!

Space Opera posted:

Interestingly, Jean's E extends high enough to kill the mid-air turrets in one hit.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

I'll have to try Ayaka/Diona I guess, Nahida keeps running out of stamina before i get them all down. Or maybe Alhaithim can hit them with his lv3/burst? Or the "gently caress your scripted kill" option, I could get one more Shinobu or Barbara cons and get a free revive :dance:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

Space Opera posted:

I'll have to try Ayaka/Diona I guess, Nahida keeps running out of stamina before i get them all down. Or maybe Alhaithim can hit them with his lv3/burst? Or the "gently caress your scripted kill" option, I could get one more Shinobu or Barbara cons and get a free revive :dance:

Haitham can kill with burst and with projection attacks; that's what I do when I feel like putting effort into things (which is not always).