Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PENGUINMAN
Mar 28, 2023
[quote="PENGUINMAN" post="530783855"]
Visit his YouTube page here

https://youtube.com/@daiisuke0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PENGUINMAN
Mar 28, 2023

AARD VARKMAN posted:

penguinman which is the best NEET timeline in your opinion ?

YES😊

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX

Devils Affricate posted:

I feel bad that he has to look at all the awkward grandma pictures

It's hilarious. Daisuke and the live chat was wondering what "holy poo poo" means.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

:yeah:

PENGUINMAN
Mar 28, 2023
He is also a famous Fortnite commentator in Japan

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

👏

PENGUINMAN
Mar 28, 2023

Vic posted:

It's hilarious. Daisuke and the live chat was wondering what "holy poo poo" means.

"holy poo poo" means in Japanese that it's on air but it's likely to leak

PENGUINMAN
Mar 28, 2023
Daisuke says he wants to play Fortnite with SA Forum members For those who participate, go to YouTube

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe
Wow this is just amazing. Thank you to the author for the excellent work, it has been amazing following NEETs adventure these past few years.

I kind of knew the author would find eventually (every SA thread always does) so I am glad he likes it.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

Daisuke is scratching off a lottery ticket and saying something about hatespeech. :allears:

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

PENGUINMAN posted:

Daisuke says he wants to play Fortnite with SA Forum members For those who participate, go to YouTube

I already added him on epic. His Fortnite/Epic ID is "daiisuke0"

PENGUINMAN
Mar 28, 2023

Vic posted:

I already added him on epic. His Fortnite/Epic ID is "daiisuke0"

nice👍

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
He's drawing Iron Man for us:

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

So I'm confused. Is PENGUINMAN the author or someone else?

PENGUINMAN
Mar 28, 2023

Foul Ole Ron posted:

Wow this is just amazing. Thank you to the author for the excellent work, it has been amazing following NEETs adventure these past few years.

I kind of knew the author would find eventually (every SA thread always does) so I am glad he likes it.

I'm happy to be able to interact with Daisuke fans all over the world.

kiminewt
Feb 1, 2022

Space Kablooey posted:

Someone else. Just appears to be a long-time livestream follower.

PENGUINMAN
Mar 28, 2023

Space Kablooey posted:

作者ですぅーっ!(嘘)

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

Space Kablooey posted:

No I think it's a fan of Daisuke who found the forum posts and then let Daisuke know on his page.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

PENGUINMAN posted:

作者ですぅーっ!(嘘)

This is only making things muddier!!!

Vic posted:

No I think it's a fan of Daisuke who found the forum posts and then let Daisuke know on his page.

Ah got it.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
Gotta say, this is a cool development

PENGUINMAN
Mar 28, 2023

Space Kablooey posted:

This is only making things muddier!!!

Ah got it.

sorry it's a japanese joke

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

PENGUINMAN posted:

sorry it's a japanese joke

I wasn't being serious there lol :) dont worry.

PENGUINMAN
Mar 28, 2023

Space Kablooey posted:

I wasn't being serious there lol :) dont worry.

It was good that everyone was tolerant

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
Listening to the dude talk about the forums with my tiny bit of Japanese makes me wonder, how the hell would I explain the forums to someone who speaks English, much less a foreign language? A cesspool of old nerds of all types? An insular backwater of the internet that used to be big, is now irrelevant, yet still exists? The last vestige of the old internet that sucked but is still better than what's out there? The forums our NEET would frequent if he knew English?

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

pnumoman posted:

Listening to the dude talk about the forums with my tiny bit of Japanese makes me wonder, how the hell would I explain the forums to someone who speaks English, much less a foreign language? A cesspool of old nerds of all types? An insular backwater of the internet that used to be big, is now irrelevant, yet still exists? The last vestige of the old internet that sucked but is still better than what's out there? The forums our NEET would frequent if he knew English?

I suspect someone who knows this much about NEET life will likely understand "a cesspool of old nerds" lmao

kiminewt
Feb 1, 2022

pnumoman posted:

He compared it to 2ch which is a Japanese imageboard. I guess it's not -too- far away. He said that he thinks that because SA costs money people are probably less toxic though.

Honestly, he'd probably be happy if someone helped him post the translated comics to his site in some way, but that's for the translators and him to decide I think.

kiminewt fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Mar 28, 2023

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

The cat is cheering, not demanding.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

kiminewt posted:

He compared it to 2ch which is a Japanese imageboard. I guess it's not -too- far away. He said that he thinks that because SA costs money people are probably less toxic though.

That was always the theory. Don't know how well it worked out in practice, but I guess compared to what SA's castoffs spawned it probably helped?

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

kiminewt posted:

Honestly, he'd probably be happy if someone helped him post the translated comics to his site in some way, but that's for the translators and him to decide I think.

I get the feeling the author would be just as interested as we are about why the translators chose to word things certain ways. Just like how we get a little insight into some of the mechanics of various japanese dialog-style writing, they'd get a tiny look at how english is played around with to similar effect.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

It's a been a blessed day today.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Plant MONSTER. posted:

I get the feeling the author would be just as interested as we are about why the translators chose to word things certain ways. Just like how we get a little insight into some of the mechanics of various japanese dialog-style writing, they'd get a tiny look at how english is played around with to similar effect.

Even if the translators don't get into regular contact with Daisuke, hopefully PENGUINMAN can help provide some extra context or nuance to some of the strips as well :)

dsf
Jul 1, 2004

:love:

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe

PENGUINMAN posted:

I'm happy to be able to interact with Daisuke fans all over the world.

Daisuke is doing a great job and it is great to have you here :v:

kiminewt
Feb 1, 2022

If anyone wants to catch one of his streams, it looks like he mainly draws & plays videogames. Next one's on Friday.

PENGUINMAN
Mar 28, 2023
It was fun interacting with everyone today. I come here regularly

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Feel-good thread of the decade, right here.

PENGUINMAN
Mar 28, 2023
Aim wins architecture!!!

PENGUINMAN
Mar 28, 2023

kiminewt posted:

If anyone wants to catch one of his streams, it looks like he mainly draws & plays videogames. Next one's on Friday.

Kimi, thank you for your hard work in translating today. We are looking forward to the next delivery

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

PENGUINMAN posted:

Aim wins architecture!!!

Oh yeah I've been playing some Fortnite with my best friends Daisuke and Penguinman on the other side of the world. They built a nice cozy house around me then self-defensed me in it.

Vic fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Mar 28, 2023