Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

Unlucky7 posted:

Everybody has their attention on Fuse and Ultrahand, for good reason, but also wonder what else could be done with the Rewind power. Throw a rock boomerang with a greatsword stuck on it at someone, then use rewind to smack them with it again?

e:

StrugglingHoneybun posted:

maybe Ultrahand is distinct from Magnesis in that you get to rotate the objects and they dont need to be metal ?

but it's still Fuse that's holding the pieces of the helicopter together

No, Ultrahand is for attaching non combat objects together, Fuse is for attaching weapons. The whole raft sequence is done with Ultrahand equipped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe

Electric Phantasm posted:

Same, but I will at least take joy in pulling up on Ganon with a rock attached to a stick like some sort of caveman.

God dammit Elden Ring 2 needs to have this system.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Captain Hygiene posted:

Lol, what? I missed it or forgot about it in the meantime too, then.

Yeah it was a quick thing but this new video explains the homing arrows, so that's what's got me excited

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

drat that looks nice

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

Captain Hygiene posted:

Making keese eyeballs the most useful item in the game, interesting move

It’s pretty cool that you can actually make use of all the poo poo you gather along the way other than brewing potions/cooking food.
Octo balloons and chu jelly were entertaining on their own, this brings it to a whole new level.

Also time stamp on the homing arrow in the previous trailer?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

i'm gonna build link an 18-wheel truck

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
This looks absolutely incredible. The fuse mechanic is taking crafting to the max. Just with what they showed off, there are so many possibilities.

Hope you can attach the fan to the shield & blow away enemies off of cliffs. Or shield surf and then take off on a makeshift jet-pack.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Captain Hygiene posted:

Lol, what? I missed it or forgot about it in the meantime too, then.

It's this bit of the second trailer.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Palmtree Panic posted:

This looks absolutely incredible. The fuse mechanic is taking crafting to the max. Just with what they showed off, there are so many possibilities.

Hope you can attach the fan to the shield & blow away enemies off of cliffs. Or shield surf and then take off on a makeshift jet-pack.

I hope there's some late-game means to save and summon your stupid creations.

I'm totally fine with it being an in-the-moment thing, but it'd be neat to just keep adding on and refining something to keep.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

tsob posted:

Thanks, I do remember seeing that now, but I guess it didn't jump out as suggesting full long-range tracking at the time.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

tsob posted:

It looks like you can also see a bit of the fuse ability in one of the scenes after that, specifically the quick cut on the Talos fight. It looks like Link is using a stick or some other weapon fused with a cannon.

They were hiding it all in plain sight.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

tsob posted:

I mean, I missed it the first time too but I imagine my 9 year old son has watched it many more time than I have.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I hope there's some late-game means to save and summon your stupid creations.

I'm totally fine with it being an in-the-moment thing, but it'd be neat to just keep adding on and refining something to keep.

GTA style garage at your house in Hateno

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Unlucky7 posted:

It looks like you can also see a bit of the fuse ability in one of the scenes after that, specifically the quick cut on the Talos fight. It looks like Link is using a stick or some other weapon fused with a cannon.

They were hiding it all in plain sight.

Zeltik or one of the other YouTube Zelda lore guys did a breakdown of the trailer that mused about the possibility of creating fused weapons based on that Talos scene, yeah.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Gonna farm up mushrooms for my pigpen RP run

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I couldn't not click the video but only skipped around and didn't see much of anything and I can't not read the posts but I'm going fast and seems like a buncha cool crazy stuff going on pretty exciting

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I like the new ability symbols

https://twitter.com/zeldatalk/status/1640728124613705728?s=20

Mr. Funktastic
Dec 27, 2012

College Slice
Incredible things are happening in Hyrule

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Mr. Funktastic posted:

Incredible things are happening in Hyrule

I hope Zombie Ganon or whatever can wait a while, cause I've got stuff to do

Good-Natured Filth
Jun 8, 2008

Do you think I've got the goods Bubblegum? Cuz I am INTO this stuff!

I need to figure out the exact time pre-orders open for the OLED, so I don't miss out. I've been debating getting a new switch so the kids have one for themselves (the old one, obviously). And this is the perfect opportunity.

Propaniac
Nov 28, 2000

SUSHI ROULETTO!
College Slice
The new stuff looks great and I'm very excited. But I do hope that it's still not too hard for dumb uncreative people like me to get around and do stuff and enjoy the game. I don't want to feel like every five minutes I have to figure out (or ask Google) how to engineer some kind of machine.

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.
link:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

incorporeal
May 6, 2006

Good-Natured Filth posted:

I need to figure out the exact time pre-orders open for the OLED, so I don't miss out. I've been debating getting a new switch so the kids have one for themselves (the old one, obviously). And this is the perfect opportunity.

I'm in the exact same boat. Was going to buy an OLED the other day but might just wait for the Zelda one.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

this lil guy was in the beginning of the gameplay bit and yelling that he's looking for his friend.... does beedle have a korok buddy now???

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

making this one for just the Switch as opposed to be tied to the WiiU really is evident in that video, the performance and framerate look waaaaaay better. Zelda Nuts And Bolts lookin really rad, honestly the swim up mountains / fuse poo poo is going to be very fun and I can see how the Rewind will be used in batshit ways for puzzles.

Has it been confirmed what the dungeon situation is like at all, maybe I missed it but are they doing the 200 or so little dungeons from the last game? Feels like there's still so much being held secret.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

They re-did the smoke puffs that signify a traveler at a bonfire.

Wonder if they'll use different smoke puff patterns for different types of travelers?

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Rumor is limited in store preorders and online preorders for Gamestop go live at 4PM EST.

Good-Natured Filth
Jun 8, 2008

Do you think I've got the goods Bubblegum? Cuz I am INTO this stuff!

Propaniac posted:

The new stuff looks great and I'm very excited. But I do hope that it's still not too hard for dumb uncreative people like me to get around and do stuff and enjoy the game. I don't want to feel like every five minutes I have to figure out (or ask Google) how to engineer some kind of machine.

Maybe they'll have a "build basic thing for me" accessibility feature for people like us. I'm gonna end up building the most basic poo poo to solve whatever puzzle and be done with it.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Minimap apparently both tracks caves and gives a checkmark to show if you've explored them or not.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Hogama posted:

Minimap apparently both tracks caves and gives a checkmark to show if you've explored them or not.

Elden Ring rear end map looking thing

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Interesting that they still have the noise meter constantly on the HUD, I never cared about it at all after the initial hint that "wearing quieter clothing and crouching made you quieter."

Edit: I wonder if the faint coordinates on the map indicate a feature or a debug build.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Me after fusing the perfect weapon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPPlW_sLoXM

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Has anyone posted this yet

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012

DLC Inc posted:

making this one for just the Switch as opposed to be tied to the WiiU really is evident in that video, the performance and framerate look waaaaaay better. Zelda Nuts And Bolts lookin really rad, honestly the swim up mountains / fuse poo poo is going to be very fun and I can see how the Rewind will be used in batshit ways for puzzles.

Has it been confirmed what the dungeon situation is like at all, maybe I missed it but are they doing the 200 or so little dungeons from the last game? Feels like there's still so much being held secret.

No idea what the dungeon situation is like other than there being caves and probably the weird sky structures. We don't see the shrines at all, but at dueling peaks stable above where their shrine was, we can see these glowy rings emanating from rocks we saw in previous videos which are probably the new fast travel points

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

VibrantPareidolia posted:

No idea what the dungeon situation is like other than there being caves and probably the weird sky structures. We don't see the shrines at all, but at dueling peaks stable above where their shrine was, we can see these glowy rings emanating from rocks we saw in previous videos which are probably the new fast travel points

There were some rather unique looking places in the sky, I bet those are the dungeons where you go collect the 7 tears of the kingdom or whatever the hell it turns out to be.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Hogama posted:

While I appreciate the checkmarks to indicate something as explored, I kind of hope this doesn't mean that TotK has become an Ubisoft style 'checkbox open world'.

I mean I know that thinking is completely irrational and what I am hoping is that it is more like Elden Ring where caves and dungeons only appear when you find them, which I feel is more likely.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Even shrines had checkbox icons on them.

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

DLC Inc posted:

Speaking of..

Maybe its because I haven't played the original in a few years, but the textures look noticeably sharper too me? Also the smoke/cloud effects looked volumetric? I'm sure the Digital Foundry guys are going to be all over this.

But yea game looks like its running very well at 30fps and no graphical hiccups or stuttering. Also that view distance goddamn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Hey Zelda fans, do we think it might be time to send this particular thread to pasture before BotW2 comes out and start there with a fresh OP/thread?