Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Free Practices are good because we get to see them drive like idiots pushing their cars too far and spinning out a lot more than during races.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

CRYPT-OH!

https://www.williamsf1.com/posts/96...lian-grand-prix

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

E: I’m pretty sure I just got :thejoke:

LeeMajors fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Mar 28, 2023

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Cue Williams getting hacked
I don't understand how my team has fallen so loving low, may as well not be in the sport
I know you're a bit of a knob, but could you just buy the team Damon? Or Nige? Ghost of Senna?

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

Diet Crack posted:

I don't understand how my team has fallen so loving low, may as well not be in the sport
I know you're a bit of a knob, but could you just buy the team Damon? Or Nige? Ghost of Senna?

Honda, Piquet, Mansell, Prost, Ghost of Senna, Hill, HHF and BMW are all laughing rn

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Diet Crack posted:

Yeah I can't believe these teams would stoop so low as to accept free money that people are handing to them. What is the world coming to?

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

tony quidtana posted:

Yeah I can't believe these teams would stoop so low as to accept free money that people are handing to them. What is the world coming to?

When you totally understand how marketing works

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Diet Crack posted:

Williams is owned by a ghoulish venture capital firm, no way those old fucks can cough up the ROI they want.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Stop making fun of poor Williams. They're trying their best. Go back to making fun of McLaren, instead.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Williams needs to make money after they lost their Government of Canada money from the Latifi deal.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

tony quidtana posted:

It's not just the money, the team in general just sucks and has done for a long time now. Thanks Claire, not so Phwoar.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Dynamite Dog posted:

When you totally understand how marketing works

I don't understand marketing at all but I do understand finance and if some dipshit lucked into a huge wad of cash and wants to piss it away Im generally open to accepting that money

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

tony quidtana posted:

I don't understand marketing at all but I do understand finance and if some dipshit lucked into a huge wad of cash and wants to piss it away Im generally open to accepting that money

Ya that’s exactly the level of understanding I expect from someone in finance

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Diet Crack posted:

GDAYMMATE

god they even hosed that up too

Passione.

god daym, mate

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

this is mission winnow and rawe ceek all over again

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

tony quidtana posted:

R u literally quoting the movie the big short

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I've never seen that film

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Margin Call was better

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Thanks Ants posted:

Margin Call was better

lmao absolutely not

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together
had a dream that i was best mates with alonso. it turns out F1 drivers all post on their own encrypted forum they post on through a special app. he kept wanting to get drunk. he wasn't very interested in talking about F1 and just wanted to play mobile games. overall good dream

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZGhG_431nI&t=1428s

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Charles Leclerc posted:

Williams is owned by a ghoulish venture capital firm,
I will not have you speak so ill of Doritos, which are perfectly acceptable chips (not crisps)

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

all chips are inferior to takis

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Rhopunzel posted:

had a dream that i was best mates with alonso. it turns out F1 drivers all post on their own encrypted forum they post on through a special app. he kept wanting to get drunk. he wasn't very interested in talking about F1 and just wanted to play mobile games. overall good dream

This was either Fernando Alonso or me and the forum is this one.

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers
I’d got in my head that Latifi Sr was behind Dorilton, but I guess not. Surely somebody involved has an F3 failson or something? They don’t genuinely think they’re going to make money off the team?

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Bryter posted:

I’d got in my head that Latifi Sr was behind Dorilton, but I guess not. Surely somebody involved has an F3 failson or something? They don’t genuinely think they’re going to make money off the team?

They bought low (buying out the Williams family and other small stakeholders) and F1 has appreciated in value even in the few years since, and there are still multiple groups circling around entering and possibly needing to buy a team. So from their main metric of “we can sell it for a profit” that should be fine.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

harperdc posted:

They bought low (buying out the Williams family and other small stakeholders) and F1 has appreciated in value even in the few years since, and there are still multiple groups circling around entering and possibly needing to buy a team. So from their main metric of “we can sell it for a profit” that should be fine.

This is the problem really, Dorliton's plan seems to be "Sit there" so they won't spend anything more than they can grab from external sources and the goal is just to keep the team from actively falling off the back of the grid.

While we're only allowed 10 teams (and the fact that one of the world's premier motorracing teams and a major manufacturer isn't good enough suggests we are) then they have an asset.

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers
Well I guess that’s why nobody asks me to invest their millions. That’s hosed though. They should have a clause like those £1 dilapidated houses where if you take the piss and don’t make an effort to improve ownership reverts to the local council. Or in this case Claire Williams. Or yeah maybe the local council.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Dudley posted:

This is the problem really, Dorliton's plan seems to be "Sit there" so they won't spend anything more than they can grab from external sources and the goal is just to keep the team from actively falling off the back of the grid.

While we're only allowed 10 teams (and the fact that one of the world's premier motorracing teams and a major manufacturer isn't good enough suggests we are) then they have an asset.

They don’t have to worry about falling off the back of the grid so long as Mclaren exists.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Look they have Baku upgrades that will fix everything :sludgepal:

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

The Big Jesus posted:

They don’t have to worry about falling off the back of the grid so long as Mclaren exists.

There's always a McLaren.

Sometimes the McLaren is Haas.

Jon Carbuncle
Sep 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

Thanks Ants posted:

Look they have Baku upgrades that will fix everything :sludgepal:

Anxiously awaiting Baku to welcome us.

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl

Rhopunzel posted:

I once had a dream Valentino Rossi joined Merc with Lou but he was afraid of spiders then spiders came out of his hair slowing him down then somehow Dominicali and Jean Todt were made of spiders.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Jon Carbuncle posted:

Anxiously awaiting Baku to welcome us.

Won't be the same without Seb rolling up the grid.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETQ_WZU-tWQ&t=170s

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

whoa that's pretty interesting actually

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Arc Hammer posted:

Won't be the same without Seb rolling up Hamilton's gearbox

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

'straya this weekend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x45fLUTHCuk

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Just thinking about what to do with all the money I don't have.

Thanks Ants posted:

'straya this weekend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
10 PM race 🙏🙏🙏