Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Wrong Links will be posted until thread is closed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Solaris 2.0 posted:

Speaking of..

Maybe its because I haven't played the original in a few years, but the textures look noticeably sharper too me? Also the smoke/cloud effects looked volumetric? I'm sure the Digital Foundry guys are going to be all over this.

But yea game looks like its running very well at 30fps and no graphical hiccups or stuttering. Also that view distance goddamn.

It's that Monolithsoft tech once again paying dividends, I bet.

Also,

Zelda Megathread: Going Crazy Over a Stick Superglued to Another Stick

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

lol

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Hey Zelda fans, do we think it might be time to send this particular thread to pasture before BotW2 comes out and start there with a fresh OP/thread?

As long as it keeps the Wii U tag

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

hatty posted:

that's up to the op

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

BotW 2 looks loving rad as hell, as expected.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

mabels big day posted:

If you truly have at least somewhat unique interactions with every kind of material and weapon and overworld item, I can see why this game took 5+ years to make

This was exactly my feeling too as I watched it, dev time finally makes sense. There's going to be some crazy poo poo made.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

this is going to own so hard lmao

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

hatty posted:

I don't know; several others seem appropriate.

Link: An obvious one.
Metal Gear: Aspirational for what people want to build. Gonna pritt-stick me a whole new Divine Beast using some guardians and Gorons!
Cars: Again, we all know we're gonna make at least one then bomb around Hyrule Field crusing for cuccos.
Slimes: Green slime seems to have a role in the game, and chuchu jellies are basically Dragon Quest slimes anyway
Food: Link's favorite past time deserves a shout.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
What the gently caress

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

New non-shieka towers are also interesting

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Now I'm real excited and I want that goddamn OLED edition.

nintendo:argh:

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

New non-shieka towers are also interesting

I do like that the new method of finding someplace to work towards is to just jump off a sky island and see what looks interesting as you plummet towards the ground.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Let Link fuse all the junk he finds to himself, have him roll around Hyrule like he's a Katamari.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I still just love that Nintendo clearly looked at the utter nonsense BotW players were doing to abuse the gently caress out of the physics in that game every way they could and decided that that would be the starting point to build on for the sequel. :allears:

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker

a.lo posted:

can i fuse a very long stick with the master sword
Can I get a series of Master Sword replicas to fuse to my Master Sword?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
https://twitter.com/bentoDRAWS/status/1640729232237264901

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
Looks good, gonna play it in may 2023 :cool:

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Can I fuse Bolson, Karson, and Hudson into the ultimate being?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

:hmmyes:

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Hey Zelda fans, do we think it might be time to send this particular thread to pasture before BotW2 comes out and start there with a fresh OP/thread?
Probably a good idea.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
What I'm getting from this fusion mechanic is that I can pick up even more poo poo off the ground and slam it into my enemies like some kind of bar-brawling ape. Sold.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Propaniac posted:

The new stuff looks great and I'm very excited. But I do hope that it's still not too hard for dumb uncreative people like me to get around and do stuff and enjoy the game. I don't want to feel like every five minutes I have to figure out (or ask Google) how to engineer some kind of machine.

Engineering no, redneck ingenuity yes.

Jigsaw
Aug 14, 2008

:eyepop:

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.
wow, literally every new feature lets you break the game even more. it's like they saw all those Twitter videos and decided they wanted people to get even crazier. an extremely cool design philosophy

also can't believe the rewind and teleport-through-roof things are just abilities you can do anytime, not just scripted environmental actions

You know what fusion most reminds me of? There used to be this puzzle game series called Scribblenauts. The gimmick was that you could 'summon' literally any object or person you could think of to solve a puzzle

The games themselves were pretty bad. However, the designers did a phenomenal job at adding attributes and interactions that'd work on cartoon logic: drinking extremely spicy hot sauce let you breath fire, you could water crops by making the farmers cry a bunch, etc.

I really hope they'll similarly use fusion to solve puzzles; imagine an NPC wishing they could fly, so you could build them a flying machine or just staple a bunch of Octo Balloons to their head

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
haha Scribblenauts was such a fun idea, it was weird they could never actually make the game that fun. kind of reminds me doodle god, in that both are like fun partial mechanics expanded into their own gam,es that don't work very well, but could still probably be integrated into a game as fun subsystems or part of the greater gameplay whole.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I forget are we still getting the old abilities too?

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
*fuses fire chuchu to a korok leaf, everything explodes* u may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I wonder if we will have any existing Sheika slate actions carry over?

Bombs: Can't imagine a zelda game without 'em
Cryo: Building may make this redundant.
Stasis: No idea
Magnet: Ultrahand may be replacing this.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Okay but I am sad there's no spinner from twilight princess

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

ImpAtom posted:

I forget are we still getting the old abilities too?

I was talking about this in the Switch thread, it looks like the sheika slate is gone and the rune abilities with it. The new abilities seem to be centered on that weird corrupted arm he gets: Fuse, recall, ascend, and ultrahand. Not sure we’ll get anything else, but who knows.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Cartoon Man posted:

I was talking about this in the Switch thread, it looks like the sheika slate is gone and the rune abilities with it. The new abilities seem to be centered on that weird corrupted arm he gets: Fuse, recall, ascend, and ultrahand. Not sure we’ll get anything else, but who knows.

Weird. I can't imagine a Zelda without Bombs

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

I will be sad if stasis isn't in there. ULTRAHAND seems like magnesis but for all objects ever so that's fine.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

ImpAtom posted:

I am willing to bet there will be a replacement for bombs if the sheika slate is completely scuttled; Like bringing back the bomb bag and have them as a consumable again, or we will get a bomb ability for Link's magic hand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

ImpAtom posted:

They’re in trailer 2, he shoots something that explodes like a bomb out of a fused cannon on a pole. I’m guessing you’ll get bomb items as a resource or maybe gunpowder to fuse with stuff.