Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Pron on VHS posted:

Yesterday my wife's work laptop battery started swelling. Isn't that gross and weird? Apparently it had a defect and was releasing gasses that caused the whole bottom of her laptop to bulge. I didn't know electronics could just swell up like living tissue, how disgusting. This is something only a techpriest from the Adeptus Mechanicus could understand...

Poke a hole in it to let the farts out, should be fine

absolutely do not do this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Pron on VHS posted:

Yesterday my wife's work laptop battery started swelling. Isn't that gross and weird? Apparently it had a defect and was releasing gasses that caused the whole bottom of her laptop to bulge. I didn't know electronics could just swell up like living tissue, how disgusting. This is something only a techpriest from the Adeptus Mechanicus could understand...

Pat it on its head and take it to the laptop vet to be humanely put down. You may not want to cuddle it though.

Silly Burrito posted:

Had to do the colon cancer test at 45 last month but instead of the colonoscopy, they just had the home test mailed to me. A hell of a lot less invasive, but man is that an awkward UPS trip.

Also late here but idly looking this up made me discover the phrase Fecal Occult Blood Test. Which is somehow a real thing and not a term made up by witches.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yep, if you shoved some old electronics in the closet, you should go pull the batteries out of them. When they go, they can go like that and eventually rupture giving lots of things in your closet an acid bath.

PSP's, laptops, old digital cameras, etc are very common for this.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Pron on VHS posted:

Take it outside and call non emergency fire department line for disposal. It could go full Tesla at any moment.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

swickles posted:

Take it outside and call non emergency fire department line for disposal. It could go full Tesla at any moment.

Yeah this. It's feels a bit extreme, but a bulging battery is one of the first signs of thermal runaway.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

New Zelda looks great!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6qna-ZCbxA

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

:dance:

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

“Should we better vet third party sellers on our platform and clear out all of the garbage that has flooded our listings?”

“Nah just slap a warning that this poo poo gets returned all the time somewhere, it’ll be fine”

https://twitter.com/verge/status/1640722718281670659?cxt=HHwWhoC94dGngsUtAAAA

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I’m going to fuse everything in Zelda

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

bobjr posted:

I’m going to fuse everything in Zelda

:hai:

I can't believe they basically made Garry's Mod in a Zelda game.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

I just finished the little Waco docuseries on Netflix and it’s pretty wild how hosed everything was and how no one came out looking noble except maybe the negotiators. Some of them anyhow.

Good view though.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I played Immortals: Fenyx Rising right when it first came out and then a few years later I played BOTW last year.

I just picked up Fenyx again and lol holy poo poo is it like BOTW just different badging.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
It really looks like they took the major mechanical criticisms from BotW and found simple in concept but complex and effective in execution workarounds, that footage of Tears really allayed most of my concerns although the recycled horse riding and stable music...didn't make the best impression, as much as I like the BotW OST.

Manoueverable fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Mar 28, 2023

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Qwijib0 posted:

a love letter to station wagons.

a good video.

I love my manual wagon, I just wish it was a little more sportier and RWD or AWD instead of FWD. And maybe in a more fun color than silver :(

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Qwijib0 posted:

a love letter to station wagons.

a good video.

My favorite part - and what prompted my post saying it was a fascinating video - was when he made the "primary SUV drivers are assholes" point. I chuckle at the transition and then he's like "here's the data to back that claim up" :aaa:

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
I nearly got hit this morning crossing the street at a stop sign at a three way intersection where the driver had to turn. Not too unusual because drivers are psychos except the woman after nearly hitting me decided to wave at me as if I was doing her a favor by not getting hit. Weird behavior.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Freaquency posted:

I watched this video from Not Just Bikes the other night where he really goes in on how stupid the ever-expanding size of :airquote: light trucks :airquote: is:

https://youtu.be/jN7mSXMruEo

This is good. Makes me want to buy a manual Crosstrek.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Dango Bango posted:

My favorite part - and what prompted my post saying it was a fascinating video - was when he made the "primary SUV drivers are assholes" point. I chuckle at the transition and then he's like "here's the data to back that claim up" :aaa:

same :laugh:

T-Square posted:

I love my manual wagon, I just wish it was a little more sportier and RWD or AWD instead of FWD. And maybe in a more fun color than silver :(

My base model 2.5i legacy wagon is 16 years old as of yesterday, it is still a great camping and movin' a family and stuff car.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Just sold our Grand Cherokee, can't wait for our massive Wagoneer to arrive. It's gonna own.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Hot Diggity! posted:

I nearly got hit this morning crossing the street at a stop sign at a three way intersection where the driver had to turn. Not too unusual because drivers are psychos except the woman after nearly hitting me decided to wave at me as if I was doing her a favor by not getting hit. Weird behavior.

Was it an apology wave? Like she realized she just hosed up? All I got.

E: Not trying to excuse the lovely driving and nearly hitting someone.

Bird in a Blender fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Mar 28, 2023

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

LeeMajors posted:

This is good. Makes me want to buy a manual Crosstrek.

The thing that’s a bit of a bummer is that Subaru is kinda behind the curve on hybrid/EVs. We have been idly looking for something that we can camp in the back of and the only thing that really fits the bill is the Highlander Hybrid. Subaru has a hybrid Crosstrek but they’re very expensive and they’ve sold shockingly few of them, so they’re not exactly flooding the used market. I guess they have a new EV coming out soon though, so we’ll see how that turns out.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Hot Diggity! posted:

I’m getting very tired of driving in Milwaukee, apparently red lights are now just merely a suggestion, and I have at least three cars a day blatantly drift into my lane. On Saturday I went to the girlfriend’s which is a simple straight shot 15 minute drive down a 35MPH surface street. Light turned green and I started to accelerate and a (re: giant SUV chat) huge rear end new Lincoln Navigator came screeching into the intersection and I had to slam on my brakes and we both stopped nearly bumper to bumper in the middle of the intersection.

Then, not two intersections later, my light once again turned green, only this time I paused, looked left, looked right, and right as I was looking left again some gently caress head in his civic blew through the light at easily 50+ MPH. That wasn’t even “gently caress I badly misjudged that yellow light” that was just “I don’t care what happens to me or anyone else”

Qwijib0 posted:

My base model 2.5i legacy wagon is 16 years old as of yesterday, it is still a great camping and movin' a family and stuff car.

Yeah, mines a TDI Golf and I intend to run it into the ground. GF has a newer CrossTrek that we just swindled a new Yakima roof basket out of REI after dividends and a big sale, since we pretty much max out either of out vehicles for camping. I’ll probably look into cross bars for the Golf wagon so we can swap the basket back and forth

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

LeeMajors posted:

I just finished the little Waco docuseries on Netflix and it’s pretty wild how hosed everything was and how no one came out looking noble except maybe the negotiators. Some of them anyhow.

Good view though.

I’m in the middle of it, and Kathy Schroeder, one of the branch davidians, still believes in Koresh it seems. She’s excusing his sex with 12 year olds. Some people are just true believers I guess. Even after all this time she doesn’t seem to thing he did anything wrong. Amazing.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

:rip: the Accord Crosstour. Should have been available in stick.

e: Pretty much everyone in AI will recommend a van over a truck when people say they need something that can carry stuff. They're ahead of the curve over there.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Bird in a Blender posted:

Was it an apology wave? Like she realized she just hosed up? All I got.

E: Not trying to excuse the lovely driving and nearly hitting someone.

Lol no it was absolutely more of a "hi can't you see me?" annoyed wave. Like she did not even remotely try to avoid me, I had to get out of the way while in the middle of the crosswalk to avoid getting hit.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Freaquency posted:

The thing that’s a bit of a bummer is that Subaru is kinda behind the curve on hybrid/EVs. We have been idly looking for something that we can camp in the back of and the only thing that really fits the bill is the Highlander Hybrid. Subaru has a hybrid Crosstrek but they’re very expensive and they’ve sold shockingly few of them, so they’re not exactly flooding the used market. I guess they have a new EV coming out soon though, so we’ll see how that turns out.

I'm hoping that when I need to replace it, there are reasonable EV wagon options. I'm not even at 100K miles on it yet, so I have some time :haw:

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Bird in a Blender posted:

I’m in the middle of it, and Kathy Schroeder, one of the branch davidians, still believes in Koresh it seems. She’s excusing his sex with 12 year olds. Some people are just true believers I guess. Even after all this time she doesn’t seem to thing he did anything wrong. Amazing.

Yeah and Thibodeau. I kinda got the impression that they were still true believers to a certain degree.

It was wild seeing McVeigh in on the cultural circus before *arms waving*.

Freaquency posted:

It also seems like the manuals are borderline extinct and I hate CVTs. I drive a double cab Tacoma now and while I love it, part of me feels like I should be in a manual forester or something instead.

LeeMajors fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Mar 28, 2023

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

C-Euro posted:

Oh nice, I should check that out. I will admit that I'm a huge cheapskate wrt running, especially considering that I've been doing it at a reasonably high level for 20 years...

I got an email today about their spring sale so if you want something I’d check it out now. They have lots of stuff that’s 60 bucks or more off.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

https://twitter.com/gurgavin/status/1640679619744374785?s=20

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

also known as the "butterfly, sugar baby" strategy

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Translated from French it's the skeet-skeet strategy

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Ah, the old cum default swap strikes again.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
French banks were trying for big rizz energy but mistranslated and got big jizz energy.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Freaquency posted:

I actually have one of the hybrid Crosstrek and it's great, though the batteries take up a lot of the trunk space. But I think they only make enough to satisfy the CA emissions laws.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I've always been a hatchback guy, I love my old mazda protege5. I also really enjoy all the luxury features of our 2018 tiguan, which is a "light suv" in terms of weight and stuff. The frustrating thing is that they get about the same mileage - I drive the tiguan in eco mode and I'm light on the gas (having the display show instant fuel economy helps develop that) and it has a six speed transmission which helps to keep it in the efficient part of its range, so I am actually getting around 30 to 33mpg depending on trips and weather. Which is what I get in the mazda.

Presumably I'd get far better mileage in a new hatchback or especially a hybrid but we can't justify the cost and I prefer to drive vehicles into the ground rather than replace them every six years like my peers seem to.

We don't commute at all, my wife takes BART to work when she goes to the city, so the fuel efficiency isn't as important. I think the tiguan's forward visibility is much better than most of the SUVs shown in that video. Still. It's obviously a huge problem and I'm contributing to it.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
https://twitter.com/jon_hayman/status/1640748913497088005

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Pron on VHS posted:

Deleted.

Car talk: my 2002 Toyota Highlander is still going, though a part of me wants to replace it with something a little more fuel efficient… without giving up that off-road option.

I may end up getting a hybrid Highlander when it's all said & done.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Pron on VHS posted:

Deleted whatever it was.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Android Apocalypse posted:

Deleted.

Car talk: my 2002 Toyota Highlander is still going, though a part of me wants to replace it with something a little more fuel efficient… without giving up that off-road option.

I may end up getting a hybrid Highlander when it's all said & done.

Reading this post with this backing track https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJduc3Lhso0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Pron on VHS posted:

Assuming it was this.

https://twitter.com/curb_david/status/1640767321332482061?s=20