Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Dabir posted:

The fact that everyone seems to agree this was the best home from Clerks the animated series just goes to show how dire Clerks rhe animated series was.

well it was one of the only two episodes allowed to be aired and the other one was a flashback episode to an episode they refused to air

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
The idea of the first episode of being a flashback is just as funny as the second episode doing it.

pitch a fitness
Mar 19, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuRR3V1kKW4

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

The only good Kevin Smith movie is Dogma, and that only because rest of the cast is strong enough to counteract Jay and Bob.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed
Any reference to Phoney McRingRing is good. "Well how big of a monkey?" is a top-10 all time Simpsons line.

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

Hell yeah

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Larry Cum Free posted:

Any reference to Phoney McRingRing is good. "Well how big of a monkey?" is a top-10 all time Simpsons line.

I still use "how big is an x" pretty often when responding to questions. It's a very good line.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

SpacePig posted:

I still use "how big is an x" pretty often when responding to questions. It's a very good line.

What's a Tim Conway?

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

I was about to :actually: that the rocket launcher takes up two inventory slots but double checked and sure enough it's a one slot item in RE1 like everything else

drat fine memes today

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

“Wait a minute, there’s no monsters in monsters inc” ???

pitch a fitness
Mar 19, 2010

Jay Rust posted:

“Wait a minute, there’s no monsters in monsters inc” ???

What he meant is that it's actually an LLC

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

we now return to the return of the obra dinn returns

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

:drat:

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Another huge derailment...

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Baronjutter posted:

That train won't be coming around there anymore.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

pitch a fitness
Mar 19, 2010

spaceblancmange posted:

we now return to the return of the obra dinn returns

lol

Tindalos
May 1, 2008

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Baronjutter posted:

That's how I like to consume my news

Finding out about it via memes

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

lol

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

This is a conversation that absolutely happens in Ankh-Morpork.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Baronjutter posted:

She should be shouting the same company as Bart is representing or it doesn't work.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Hempuli posted:

Haha, thanks for this! Implemented it in-game:

(I had to adjust the design a little because in the original Jimbo couldn't get into the bottom corridor safely.)

:doit:

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

very good

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

YESSS!

I can now see a whole line of these, but the first that comes to mind is the shaken beer and "APRIL FOO-!"

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

fuckin incredible

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":
a Simpsons total conversion of Obra Dinn is the best game that will never exist

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Was the bumblebee guy's TV show based on some specific cultural phenomenon of the time? I've got more and more of the references from those early seasons as time's gone by and I've picked up on the culture I missed, but I don't have a clue why the people of Springfield would be watching an over the top slapstick comedy in Spanish.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

As far as I know it's simply that on US TV at the time it was pretty common for there to be one or more (region dependent) Spanish language channels which would sometimes air deeply slapstick Spanish language comedy. I assume it's popular in Latin America.

e: lol this show sounds hilarious

quote:

Súper Sam (Super Sam): (1973–1978; 1981) Played by Ramón Valdés.
He is a superhero that hails from somewhere in the U.S. (most probably its southernmost regions) whose appearance is very similar to that of Uncle Sam (including the famous top hat with the colors of the U.S.), but his suit is similar to Superman's. Half of the things Súper Sam says are in English, considering his inadequate skills with Spanish (he is known for having to carry an English-Spanish dictionary in his pocket whenever he needs to save someone in Mexico). Súper Sam's primary weapon is a bag full of dollars that he says were "few, but very powerful"; it is usually used to beat on the head of the wrongdoers or Chapulín, as both don't get along very well. Every time he uses his weapon, the ringing of a cash register chimes in the show's audio. His catchphrase is "Time is Money, oh yeah!" and when present, most people say that "they don't want imported superheroes", much to Súper Sam's annoyance. According to Florinda Meza's character, Super Sam is "just like Chapulín, but with a bank account."
"Every time Uncle Sam is on screen, everyone should be saying 'go home Uncle Sam'"

PittTheElder fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Mar 28, 2023

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

According to the DVD commentaries he's based on a Mexican comedy show called El Chapulín Colorado

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Party Boat posted:

According to the DVD commentaries he's based on a Mexican comedy show called El Chapulín Colorado

he was recently featured as a fall guys costume

celadon
Jan 2, 2023

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Today's number is 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

celadon