Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Bobby Deluxe posted:

It's more me particularly, GGGC isn't wrong. I've attempted to argue this numerous times in some fairly massive and unwieldy posts, from several different angles, unfortunately played the victim a few times and it never seems to come across how I intend.

No man I'm not saying your points are Wrong or that your experience is Invalid, I just think a lot of things are perceived as insurmountable when in reality they're just inconveniences to be overcome. You don't HAVE to, and I'd certainly never ping you out of the blue to say 'hey go get over your obstacles, betch!!!'

But if you say 'I really wish I could raid' I'm gonna tell ya that you 100% can

and should

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
I would like to obtain Wish-Ender for no other reason than it's the only exotic bow that is just a normal recurve bow.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Chappy posted:

Have you tried the new raid? Literally only 1-2 people do anything in each encounter. The rest of it is kill things without dying.

Not yet - hard to get a few hours uninterrupted these days - another reason I'm preferential to the FFXIV raid style where it's one boss at a time or 30-45mins tops. I've spent like six hours on Oryx and Aksis and stuff before I'm too old for that now. But that does sound great! Hopefully we continue with that trend instead of ball-busters.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Bleck posted:

I would like to obtain Wish-Ender for no other reason than it's the only exotic bow that is just a normal recurve bow.

That bow owns so much

Chappy
Feb 12, 2002

wooom wooom vroooom ksh ksh vooom
All of you thinking that the game is too hard, I’m pretty sure there’s a destiny in Roblox

Turgid Flagella
Mar 18, 2023

Chappy posted:

All of you thinking that the game is too hard, I’m pretty sure there’s a destiny in Roblox

i would buy silver to buy a dark souls "well what is it" emote for destiny 2

Chappy
Feb 12, 2002

"It's just hosed up that I can't use this without a kid at the other end.

Ideally the other kid wouldn't even be necessary.

They could swap out the wedge-and-fulcrum for a set of overhead bars, and suspend the seat from that.

Just from my own momentum I could swing back and forth, rather than up and down.

It's not that the playground designers don't care, it's that they can't even see that it's an issue"

dodgeblan
Jul 20, 2019

Turgid Flagella posted:

i would buy silver to buy a dark souls "well what is it" emote for destiny 2

I would do anything for well what is it

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Chappy posted:

They could swap out the wedge-and-fulcrum for a set of overhead bars, and suspend the seat from that.

Just from my own momentum I could swing back and forth, rather than up and down.

It's not that the playground designers don't care, it's that they can't even see that it's an issue"

what is this

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Zokari posted:

what is this

I think it's a seesaw.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

if you shoot telesto at one end the guardian on the other end will be launched out of the map

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

acumen posted:

Not yet - hard to get a few hours uninterrupted these days - another reason I'm preferential to the FFXIV raid style where it's one boss at a time or 30-45mins tops. I've spent like six hours on Oryx and Aksis and stuff before I'm too old for that now. But that does sound great! Hopefully we continue with that trend instead of ball-busters.

You should try getting good at destiny. Dsc only takes like 30 minutes from start to finish

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Chappy posted:

Funny analogy because my local playground has springy things next to the fulcrum on each side so you can actually see-saw by yourself.

Stravag posted:

You should try getting good at destiny. Dsc only takes like 30 minutes from start to finish

This actually sounds fantastic and I guess it's fairly similar to Seraph's Shield? I'll try to get in on a discord group.

acumen fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Mar 28, 2023

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

large portions of seraph's shield are lifted wholesale from DSC, yes

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
RON is like, 30 minutes of encounters, 30 minutes of walking.

Turgid Flagella
Mar 18, 2023

acumen posted:

Funny analogy because my local playground has springy things next to the fulcrum on each side so you can actually see-saw by yourself.

This actually sounds fantastic and I guess it's fairly similar to Seraph's Shield? I'll try to get in on a discord group.

i like dsc because one of the callouts is about poop

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

acumen posted:

yeah, seraph shield re-uses chunks of the environment, and while none of the encounters are the same, the augments you picked up (Scanner, Operator, Suppressor) all function very similarly in the raid. A scanner will look for stuff highlighted yellow, operator will shoot glowing red buttons, suppressor will need to shoot a boss from under 3 orbs.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Chappy posted:

cool, what's its loot table

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

FlapYoJacks posted:

very true, also the only raid without a traditional jumping section, instead having the safezone/heartbeat death race

also the two 'go inside the big tree root and connect the things', while super cool from a lore standpoint, are very lame gameplay wise because guess what, it just turns into 4 players go take a piss break while 2 run around

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Why would it get a loot table? Isnt getting to stare at a skybox enough?

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Holy poo poo that rap sheet, at least you're consistent.

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Mar 28, 2023

Turgid Flagella
Mar 18, 2023

Mazerunner posted:

very true, also the only raid without a traditional jumping section, instead having the safezone/heartbeat death race

also the two 'go inside the big tree root and connect the things', while super cool from a lore standpoint, are very lame gameplay wise because guess what, it just turns into 4 players go take a piss break while 2 run around

The first guardian Union mandated smoke break?

Chappy
Feb 12, 2002

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Lol you’re one to talk.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Friend I would NOT be bringing up rap sheets if I were ewe

Lexorin
Jul 5, 2000

Commendations are stupid, but people who wait long enough to get them then ditch without handing them out are the worst people.

Chappy
Feb 12, 2002

Lexorin posted:

Commendations are stupid, but people who wait long enough to get them then ditch without handing them out are the worst people.

Yeah, luckily that seems to be few and far between, at least so far in my experience.

Truspeaker
Jan 28, 2009

The problem with the commendation system imo is that the guardian ranks require you to do every single objective. I feel pretty confident that if you only had to complete 20/23 or whatever things to go to the next rank, with an extra glow around the icon for doing every objective up to your current rank, people would feel much better about the whole situation. You know, the way several other very similar systems already in destiny currently work.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

as they function now the commendation requirements are basically just a hidden "play x amount of matchmade content"

Lexorin
Jul 5, 2000

Yeah, but if they let you skip two or whatever goals per Guardian Rank then no one is gonna do the solo/master/flawless/PvP bullshit and I'm pretty sure Bungie needs that stuff for fap material.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
it keeps coming up so i'll just point out that XIV's ability to make easier, american-matchmaking-friendly difficulties of its story raids depends a great deal on having consequences for mechanical failure other than an immediate wipe. like in the higher difficulty of the fight players might have to (say) repeatedly knock 3 bombs away from the party and gather in a safe corner to avoid horrible death, while the matchmaking-friendly version of the fight each set has one bomb and getting hit by it just does 2/3 of your health and inflicts a stacking damage-taken-increase debuff.

every destiny mechanic i can think of is totally binary--either you do it right and you live/make progress, or you don't do it right and you die/make no progress. obviously there isn't, like, any super important reason bungie couldn't add more subtlety in consequences for failure, but at the very least it doesn't seem to be part of their design toolkit right at this second.

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

:33< i KNOW, i was speaking metafurrikitty :33

they've combined the 30th anniversary and forsaken packs into one 30-euro bundle, which is pretty neat. I like the idea in theory as a lower-level DLC you can buy to try the game out but I weep for the poor bastard who's first raid is Last Wish.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

huh wonder what that means *click*

https://i.imgur.com/AjuJ2x6.mp4

arsenicCatnip fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Mar 28, 2023

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

this season is loving depressing

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

:33< i KNOW, i was speaking metafurrikitty :33

Winterbite loving rules in Gambit, literally don't even need to use another weapon.

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

focus this time so i don't have to keep telling you idiots what happened
Lipstick Apathy

Bleck posted:

It rules and I carry this all the time, all you need is Forsaken and like an hour (40 minutes if I’ve already got a checkpoint), less if we get a third.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

i liked that the thrall room in shattered throne is actually easier if you're carrying the dumb orb than doing it normally

Turgid Flagella
Mar 18, 2023

uwaeve posted:

It rules and I carry this all the time, all you need is Forsaken and like an hour (40 minutes if I’ve already got a checkpoint), less if we get a third.

45 if you're dumb like me and keep falling through the gaps

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

Bleck posted:

Reach out to the discord lfg channel. I had Col. Rhombus help me get wish-ender, xenophage, and gjallerhorn. Another person on discord tagged along. I had the final boss checkpoint of grasp dungeon and he had the checkpoint for the first part of wish-ender but we had to go through to that point again. It wasn’t bad at all with three people.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

FlapYoJacks posted:

Don’t forget the 2 hours of jump deaths due to launchers.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I know the Glasshouse didn't make it to Destiny 2 but you still perhaps shouldn't be throwing stones here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

:ironicat: