Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
So is Bibi hosed yet or is this poo poo gonna take weeks of shutting the country down?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I’m legitimately confused.

I think I got it now and now I feel itchy for missing that.

Crab Dad fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Mar 28, 2023

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Bored As gently caress posted:

So is B*** hosed yet or is this poo poo gonna take weeks of shutting the country down?

MODS????

Edit: serious post so I don’t get bibislapped by Hekk- the general strike still went ahead today so it seems like people aren’t going to forget about this. Given the widespread opposition to this thing, it’s not like Bibi can do the usual dictator thing and turn the secret police on protest organizers.

He’s likely already hosed or he’s doubling down on his ability to ram this thing through and have his regime survive. Only time will tell.

pantslesswithwolves fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Mar 28, 2023

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Greg Abbott is a piece of human trash and deserves the hatred he gets. His legs not working are not what makes him a terrible person. Him cashing in on his legs not working and loving over everyone who got hurt after him is one of the reasons why he's a scum bag. This has nuance and I can't write well enough to articulate everything.

Focus your criticisms on the lovely things Abbott has done and not on his disability.

Now everyone should talk about CURRENT EVENTS in the Current Events thread.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Stop

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Hekk posted:

It's wild that the one poster who's been probated half a dozen times for using gendered insults and misogynistic language is salty about not having the green light to continue that lovely behavior.

It's also wild to think that IKs and mods are not omnipotent and might not have seen the post in question before you did.

We are human and trying our best. The military and military adjacent space has historically been really lovely about how they talk about women. We've tried to make this a more inclusive space that welcomes all. I am sorry if not using gendered insults is too heavy of a burden for you to bear.

as someone whose had to get pow pow twice to be reminded of this, im in full concurrence of this message. Shits not about us b.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Hekk posted:

Now everyone should talk about CURRENT EVENTS in the Current Events thread.

Body camera footage from Nashville is out, I'm linking it as it starts "clean" and there's lots of blurring. Showdown is at 5:40 and these cops should absolutely be commended, I could only scan quick but it sure looks like they weren't loving around:

https://twitter.com/SaraGonzalesTX/status/1640722840319143938?t=JZDdc7h_go4gritzIRd2KA&s=19

Definitely not an Uvalde.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
Well it only took a classroom piled with dead kids to make cops realize that they get paid to be in dangerous situations and not “make it home at any cost.”

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Stultus Maximus posted:

Well it only took a classrooms piled with dead kids to make cops realize that they get paid to be in dangerous situations and not “make it home at any cost.”

Plural.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

That’s some loving hustle and disregard for personal safety for the care of others. Good job.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

facialimpediment posted:

Body camera footage from Nashville is out, I'm linking it as it starts "clean" and there's lots of blurring. Showdown is at 5:40 and these cops should absolutely be commended, I could only scan quick but it sure looks like they weren't loving around:

https://twitter.com/SaraGonzalesTX/status/1640722840319143938?t=JZDdc7h_go4gritzIRd2KA&s=19

Definitely not an Uvalde.

Holy poo poo I am so happy I dont go to school anymore

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

lightpole posted:

Holy poo poo I am so happy I dont go to school anymore

Do you work from home?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Crab Dad posted:

That’s some loving hustle and disregard for personal safety for the care of others. Good job.

Yeah. Straight-up professional. "Cops did a good job taking out a child-murdering active shooter" is still a horrifying sentence to exist in our society but this could not be more unlike Uvalde.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

Crab Dad posted:

Do you work from home?

I work on a ship duh, much safer cause people usually aren't psychopaths until we leave port.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Tiny Timbs posted:

Yeah. Straight-up professional. "Cops did a good job taking out a child-murdering active shooter" is still a horrifying sentence to exist in our society but this could not be more unlike Uvalde.

Oh absolutely agreed.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Gonna hold judgement cops being good cause it's a non-zero chance that the cops also ignored dozens of warning signs before this event.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Sexual Lorax posted:

theres an implicit women latin americans and african americans arent texans today in what i wrote and thats horseshit obviously but we all know whos pushing and supporting texit bills and it aint them

Well ofcourse they arent texans, theyre Americans

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Hekk posted:

It's wild that the one poster who's been probated half a dozen times for using gendered insults and misogynistic language is salty about not having the green light to continue that lovely behavior.

It's also wild to think that IKs and mods are not omnipotent and might not have seen the post in question before you did.

We are human and trying our best. The military and military adjacent space has historically been really lovely about how they talk about women. We've tried to make this a more inclusive space that welcomes all. I am sorry if not using gendered insults is too heavy of a burden for you to bear.

Hekk thank you for trying to be reasonable and fair. It's appreciated.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

CainFortea posted:

Gonna hold judgement cops being good cause it's a non-zero chance that the cops also ignored dozens of warning signs before this event.

Oh they did one particular incident good. They don’t get a clean slate because this the base minimum of what should already be happening.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

CainFortea posted:

The one warning sign I've seen so far is an Instagram DM that wasn't read in time sent just before the shooting. Linking to the story instead of my usual tweetlink because it's super, super hosed up and some of y'all don't need to see that poo poo:

https://www.newschannel5.com/news/she-checked-her-instagram-she-didnt-expect-a-message-from-the-covenant-school-shooter

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
And in Donnieworldlaw news:

Yesterday the NY-DA grand jury met. Bragg brought in David Pecker from the National Enquirer who used to catch-and-kill the stories Donnie wanted him to. Probably a motive witness - that the poo poo really was about elections. There was zero warning to it, just "hey, Pecker is here!" from grand jury watchers.

There's a bunch of weird poo poo in Georgia, but the bottom line is that it's all waiting on the DA. You can probably ignore the poo poo about "new Georgia state law will create panel could terminate Willis as DA to help Trump" as the soonest that would even happen is mid-24.

And Pence officially has to testify to DOJ special counsel, per district court judge. Donnie got his executive privilege attempt killed, Biden DOJ isn't going to claim privilege, and the only thing Pence can stay quiet about is the stuff from January 6th when he was actually on the Congressional floor (the speech-and-debate clause stuff). Everything else is fair game and he has to respond to Jack Smith's subpoena to testify.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

facialimpediment posted:

The one warning sign I've seen so far is an Instagram DM that wasn't read in time sent just before the shooting. Linking to the story instead of my usual tweetlink because it's super, super hosed up and some of y'all don't need to see that poo poo:

https://www.newschannel5.com/news/she-checked-her-instagram-she-didnt-expect-a-message-from-the-covenant-school-shooter

loving hell.

Consider carefully before reading that story folks. It hits hard.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

facialimpediment posted:

And Pence officially has to testify to DOJ special counsel, per district court judge. Donnie got his executive privilege attempt killed, Biden DOJ isn't going to claim privilege, and the only thing Pence can stay quiet about is the stuff from January 6th when he was actually on the Congressional floor (the speech-and-debate clause stuff). Everything else is fair game and he has to respond to Jack Smith's subpoena to testify.

And am I remembering wrong, or does Pence loving loathe Donnie post J6 for nearly getting him killed? I don't expect his testimony to do any favors for Trump.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

And am I remembering wrong, or does Pence loving loathe Donnie post J6 for nearly getting him killed? I don't expect his testimony to do any favors for Trump.

Only the 11th Commandment of the GOP matters.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Hasn't stopped him from adulating Trump on the media, though you can tell it's a Reek sort of situation

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

quote:

Patton said she called the Nashville Davidson County Sheriff's Office to make them aware of the situation and was instructed to call Nashville's non-emergency number. By then, MNPD says it was too late.

How is someone stating that they plan on dying a "non-emergency"?

I was ready to generally applaud the actions of the police in this situation based on what I had read/seen. Then this article shows up and crushes those thoughts.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Apparently a Shin Bet counterterrorism team was able to track down and arrest several armed right wing instigators intending to cause violence against the Israeli pro democracy protestors.

I firmly wish the Israeli extreme right has even more fun being on the wrong side of the Israeli security services than the Palestinians have.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Soylent Pudding posted:

Apparently a Shin Bet counterterrorism team was able to track down and arrest several armed right wing instigators intending to cause violence against the Israeli pro democracy protestors.

I firmly wish the Israeli extreme right has even more fun being on the wrong side of the Israeli security services than the Palestinians have.

That seems pretty huge but with all that's going on it might just be a drop in the ocean lol. I hope we skip the real craziness, I'd like to stop living in interesting times

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Milo and POTUS posted:

That seems pretty huge but with all that's going on it might just be a drop in the ocean lol. I hope we skip the real craziness, I'd like to stop living in interesting times

Mr. Bones doesn't give a gently caress about how you feel about his wild ride.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

orange juche posted:

Mr. Bones doesn't give a gently caress about how you feel about his wild ride.

Unfortunately not. Cuz I've apparently been stuck on it since 2016. And a really bad loop de loop since 2020.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Every few years we pull up to the station but cannot achieve the plurality vote to pull the stop lever, so we go around once more.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

CainFortea posted:

Crab Dad posted:

Oh they did one particular incident good. They don’t get a clean slate because this the base minimum of what should already be happening.

ASAPI posted:

How is someone stating that they plan on dying a "non-emergency"?

I was ready to generally applaud the actions of the police in this situation based on what I had read/seen. Then this article shows up and crushes those thoughts.

The friend who received the DM called a Suicide Prevention hotline first. Her 911 call and the start of the attack were almost simultaneous:

quote:

Just before 10 a.m. Monday, the shooter sent an ominous message to a childhood friend, the friend told CNN on Tuesday. In an Instagram message to Averianna Patton, a Nashville radio host, just before 10 a.m. Monday, the shooter said “I’m planning to die today” and that it would be on the news.

“One day this will make more sense,” Hale wrote. “I’ve left more than enough evidence behind. But something bad is about to happen.”

Patton told CNN’s Don Lemon she was the shooter’s childhood basketball teammate and “knew her well when we were kids” but hadn’t spoken in years and is unsure why she received the message. Disturbed by its content, she called a suicide prevention line and the Nashville Davidson County Sheriff’s Office at 10:13 a.m.

At that very minute, police in Nashville also got a 911 call of an active shooter inside Covenant School and rushed there.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/03/28/us/covenant-school-shooting-nashville-tennessee-tuesday/index.html

I'm not saying "yay all police good!" by any stretch because there's a lot that's in dire need of being fixed, but the "bodycam with a bunch of dudes running with rifles down hallways decorated with rainbows and happy bulletin boards with things made by kids, three of whom are now unable to live to double-digits, to mow down some asswipe in the process of shooting up a school" I just watched is nightmare fuel. Combine that with the fact that I've had semi-frequent dreams of being back in high school over the years, and that virtually all of those today now involve "run for your life" instead of "poo poo, I forgot my math homework", and I can't imagine living it.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
The one thing in common with all school shootings is school so it's pretty obvious what the problem is here.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.
ban public schools

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
regarding the Metro Nashville PD, you do not gotta hand it to them. Average cop type dudes just love violence and authority in general, they aren't getting a gold star from me because our society is so hosed that occasionally (too occasionally) there's someone even more violent that we need them taken out to minimize the harm to innocents. One point I've read made is this: Look how fast they release the bodycam when the violence looks good on them. If the cops are breaking a little old lady's arm or shooting an unarmed teenager in the back, the bodycam seems to need a year and a half of review, but on this sad event they can't send it over to the newsroom fast enough. Congrats to those individual officers for getting some I guess, but they did a necessary thing. They don't need to be lionized.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Naramyth posted:

ban public schools

This might be a GOP talking point

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

McNally posted:

It's "ban the dept of education" for the chuds around here but yeah same poo poo.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Don't worry guys- it was all a False Flag. Some dude on FB told me.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

That Works posted:

It's "ban the dept of education" for the chuds around here but yeah same poo poo.

your right, I’m sure some private school has been shot up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

McNally posted:

Nashville got gerrymandered and split in 2020, so here's one of its current representatives:

https://twitter.com/brenonade/status/1640514384735739904?t=dpWGW46oUXAYMdCaHdzP_g&s=19