Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Dexo posted:

Something something Matt LaFleur...

Adrenaline
In my soul
Free from his fragile ego

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
Gutey should trade Rodgers and then immediately resign.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

https://twitter.com/DetroitOnLion/status/1640809478525276193

Come on Dan! If you're going to be coy like this, at least have the decency to come to my house and beat me into unconsciousness for the next 30 days.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

Gutey should trade Rodgers and then immediately resign.

Yup.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Sounds like they want Carter to drop to 6.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
MuscleCoach and Holmes shooting dozens of smoke grenades out of an M79 all over the Lions War Room.

Remember when Quinntricia come right out and said they weren’t gonna draft a QB and then drafted Jeff Okudah third overall?

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

That Patricia and Quinn, I'm beginning to think they weren't very good at their jobs.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

“Tua or Justin Herbert? No thanks, i’ll take a DB in the top three not named Charles Woodson or Deion Sanders.”

Fuckin’ Galaxy Brain poo poo, I swear to God. Good riddance to both of those turds.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
Atlanta signed Calais Campbell. Goddamnit.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

To be fair, Okudah looked like one of the best cornerback prospects of the last ten years. If he isn't hurt and coached by Patricia, I think it ends up a really good pick. Achilles are no joke

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
If they'd kept Slay, then drafting Okudah would've been sick, because that's a hell of a backfield. Drafting Okudah because they pissed Slay off so much they ran him out of town was comically awful.

They've actually built a real loving secondary for maybe the first time since Okudah was drafted and he's finally gonna have a normal loving offseason, so I'm optimistic where he can go from here, but Jesus has it been a bumpy ride.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Okudah should be moved to safety. I think he'd be better there.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

I was hearing (podcast or something) that he's the one that's been resistant to safety. I agree, keeping Slay on just for the benefit of teaching a young corner would have done a lot of good. I think the secondary they put together can still do a lot for his development, but I don't know if it'll be enough to convince them to pick up the 5th year option.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/kfishbain/status/1640885715612614656

That man is going to call in every favor he has with the Owners to make sure we don't get the Bears on Hard Knocks lol.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
After doing far too many mock draft simulations using the PFN tool I've come to a few NFC North discoveries:
  • There are a lot of really interesting physical/athletic options in the 80-105 range - particularly CB, LB, and WR
  • 40-60 has a lot of interesting DLine picks with big stylistic differences
  • There's a real chance of TE slides
  • Outside of TEs I like zero players who are commonly there at 23 and would support either trading up to catch a sliding WR/DB or trading back to the mid second if a willing team can be found
  • If NFL GMs are anything like the simulated ones, Bears will have plenty of opportunity to move back a few spots and still snag one of the three tackles

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Dexo posted:

https://twitter.com/kfishbain/status/1640885715612614656

That man is going to call in every favor he has with the Owners to make sure we don't get the Bears on Hard Knocks lol.

I feel like if nobody volunteers, the NFL will push for the Bears. I don't think there is a more compelling team. New stadium. Huge free agency class coming in. Justin loving Fields. This poo poo is how you grow your brand and I feel like Kevin Warren and Ryan Poles would be about that.

BigBeefCity
Oct 26, 2022

~*Special Delivery*~
~*For Anime Fans*~

OVERSIZE
PACKAGE
"We need to temper our expectations for him"
-Matt LaFleur, re: Jordan Love.

Sounds like good times ahead, Matty!

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Sataere posted:

I feel like if nobody volunteers, the NFL will push for the Bears. I don't think there is a more compelling team. New stadium. Huge free agency class coming in. Justin loving Fields. This poo poo is how you grow your brand and I feel like Kevin Warren and Ryan Poles would be about that.

New stadium! In 2030 or so! And Rodgers and the Jets are gonna be tough to top

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
https://www.mlive.com/lions/2023/03/lions-investing-in-training-staff-cafeteria-after-polling-players-for-feedback.html

Lions took player feedback surveys to heart and are investing in nutrition and training. Stuff like this for the lions is almost as strange as winning. Also they're talking about building a new spring training and hq facility that will be more fan and player friendly.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Pontius Pilate posted:

New stadium! In 2030 or so! And Rodgers and the Jets are gonna be tough to top

I do not deny that Rodgers on the Jets would be the only thing more interesting.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Sataere posted:

Yea the new stadium 10 years in the future will be compelling. Agreed on the other stuff though, this feels like a year where the r bears make sense to be on hard knocks.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Scipiotik posted:

https://www.mlive.com/lions/2023/03/lions-investing-in-training-staff-cafeteria-after-polling-players-for-feedback.html

Lions took player feedback surveys to heart and are investing in nutrition and training. Stuff like this for the lions is almost as strange as winning. Also they're talking about building a new spring training and hq facility that will be more fan and player friendly.

Lions own

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

I write a small paper every week on implementation of culture change for organizations, and it's wild to see the Lions of all loving teams hitting the important steps to maximize your chances of it being successful.

Jets gotta be the pick with Rodgers. If that deal blows up, Bears it up.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

BigBeefCity posted:

"We need to temper our expectations for him"
-Matt LaFleur, re: Jordan Love.

Pack could go 2-15 next year I dont care

Just loving get rid of Rodgers

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019
Its pretty comical how long this trade is taking. Might not be his fault this time, but its pretty on point for AAron

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Detheros posted:

Pack could go 2-15 next year I dont care

Just loving get rid of Rodgers

Yup. If they’re that bad and Love totally sucks, they can fire Gutey and have his replacement try to draft a better QB.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/MarvinJonesJr/status/1641181231885828103

gently caress

YES

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

*aggressive Reggae horns*

Apples McGrind
Oct 13, 2013

LETS loving GOOOOOO

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Marvin is also 9th all-time in Lions receiving yards with 4,296, and has the 3rd most touchdown receptions with 36.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
I like how the lions are bringing everyone back that had to deal with quinntricia. Come on back diggs and slay.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Seriously, just bring back tons of Caldwell-era players to teach the young guys. I loving love this.

God, I wish we could find a job for Jim on this staff.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
Just home run after home run from Brad Holmes, god drat

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I love Marvin. Glad he's back.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Sataere posted:

I think they'd be boring. The McCaskeys care about public image over everything else so it'll just be corny stuff like how great Virginia McCaskey is. Fields is the only marketable star they have on the team now. The coaching staff is not eactly filled with big personalities. There aren't going to be big position battles. And expectations seem to be low again.

Maybe a year or so from now if they add some talent. But I think they'd be boring to follow.

The Jets seem like the pick out of the 4 teams remaining. Rodgers drama and an up-and-coming team with some good players to promote.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Holmes: "We're putting a team together." Free agency: "You sonofabitch, I'm in."

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Parallelwoody posted:

Holmes: "We're putting a team together." Free agency: "You sonofabitch, I'm in."

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Now this I can get into!

BigBeefCity
Oct 26, 2022

~*Special Delivery*~
~*For Anime Fans*~

OVERSIZE
PACKAGE

Even as a died-in-the-wool Packers fan who loving LIVES in Green Bay,