Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow
Here's a link to the interview where Brian VERY CAREFULLY explains things:

https://twitter.com/videogamedeals/status/1640389865287106560?t=FbQ8biCeVEw9VbcYh1wxtg&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Decent target clearance score. They had the neca tmnt sf packs half off. If anyone wants the turtles let me know. I think there’s a second of each if anyone wants the whole thing.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Oh poo poo, got my DOOM access cards set in today. These lil bastards are surprisingly heavy. Solid metal. I kinda get why they were left laying around, cause drat they'd be dragging your pants down as you walked. Still, awesome pieces.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

important news

Gripweed fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Mar 28, 2023

treetheheavy
Mar 28, 2005

This is very relevant to my interests

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006
Friday nights are for Wapner!

Just got these in the mail!

I found a good deal to get the variants as well. Though I don’t know if I’ll put them out, seeing as I don’t have the room now.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

treetheheavy posted:

This is very relevant to my interests

:same:

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Der-Wreck posted:

Just got these in the mail!

I found a good deal to get the variants as well. Though I don’t know if I’ll put them out, seeing as I don’t have the room now.

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006

Hell, same.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

gently caress, came here to post that. :lol:

Take it that's a 90s figure?

I just got a Qposket figure of Kakashi from Naruto for my anime obsessed tattoo artist - how are they?

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Gripweed posted:

important news

Do I want to know how much this is?

This wallet of mine is burning red!

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006

Vintersorg posted:

gently caress, came here to post that. :lol:

Take it that's a 90s figure?

I just got a Qposket figure of Kakashi from Naruto for my anime obsessed tattoo artist - how are they?

LOL it’s a Street Fighter JR fig from Resaurus in 99 so good call. She’s a lil gremlin :haw:

These are my first two Qposket and I gotta say they are quite nice!! They don’t feel fragile, actually pretty solid. The faces are very well done and detailed. The eyes are a different material, a bit more glossy so you see a shininess in them. Gives them a bit more liveliness.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Open Marriage Night posted:

Do I want to know how much this is?

This wallet of mine is burning red!

5,995円

https://twitter.com/hobby_magazine/status/1640500392202240001?s=20

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

A local comic shop has some of the Resaurus and Sota figures for sale at not horrible prices. Debating a few.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
drat, I remember seeing all those SF figures for sale at TRU years ago and kind regret not picking up some of the staples. I was debating snagging some of the TMNT/SF 2-packs that Target was carrying but refuse to spend $40 or whatever it was for only one figure.

Those X-Men/SF 2-packs when I was a kid ruled, most of the figures were huge upgrades from the prior ToyBiz builds and seeing them in a VIDEO GAME STORE rocked.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Louisgod posted:

drat, I remember seeing all those SF figures for sale at TRU years ago and kind regret not picking up some of the staples. I was debating snagging some of the TMNT/SF 2-packs that Target was carrying but refuse to spend $40 or whatever it was for only one figure.

Those X-Men/SF 2-packs when I was a kid ruled, most of the figures were huge upgrades from the prior ToyBiz builds and seeing them in a VIDEO GAME STORE rocked.

Those are what got me back into doll collecting initially. The ML Iron Man and Spider-Man (2??) Spidey put it over the top.
My Target had those two packs for half off for the interested btw :holymoley:

Lamont
Mar 31, 2007
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?

Louisgod posted:

The MvC Cap was probably the best Cap figure ever made, until Marvel Legends was invented

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Board game maker Cryptozoic are doing a Peacemaker bobblehead on Kickstarter for some reason? It'll probably fund, but why?

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow
It seems... A little late for that.

I know they planned a season 2, but as far as I'm aware that's on the back burner in favor of the Waller spinoff.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

The_Doctor posted:

Board game maker Cryptozoic are doing a Peacemaker bobblehead on Kickstarter for some reason? It'll probably fund, but why?

What the hell for? Just sell the drat thing.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

The_Doctor posted:

I suppose because they don’t think it’ll actually sell that well? They do KS for games sometimes (the Ghostbusters and Epic Spell Wars: ANNIHILAGEDDON games), but they also sell statues of Batman’s hand and chibi Harley Quinn so no idea why Peacemaker is the one to hedge on a crowdfund.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Love Peacemaker but that poo poo fuggo. Burn it and never speak of it again

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Amazing Yamaguchi Hawks is really nice!

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran

The_Doctor posted:

Apparently, you are not the only one who wondered about that:

Not sure that answers why they're making bobbleheads, though.

epsilon
Oct 31, 2001

Thank you Louisgod for sending me the new WM-exclusive Samus <3 She came in today looking great

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I ended up buying a classic Spider-Woman on eBay when I found an OK deal. Even though there may be a new one coming out, it’s part of a two pack and won’t be cheap, and it looks like they are reusing the same molds. If it turns out to secretly be a huge upgrade, well, maybe I’ll get two of her.

I also picked up another wish list Marvel guy which is the Walgreens Silver Surfer figure. I really hope they redo that guy with pinless joints someday because that guy looks best when he’s really smooth and featureless, but the store exclusive was pretty recent and they reissued him as a pack in with Galactus too so it will probably be years before that happens, probably not until there’s an MCU version. And Silver Surfer fuckin rules and I want one.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

epsilon posted:

Thank you Louisgod for sending me the new WM-exclusive Samus <3 She came in today looking great

Nice! Glad it made it there okay, Xeno got theirs yesterday too. Xeno, definitely agree with the odd arm articulation though what’s missing is a bicep cut; without it, you can’t do the iconic “arm on the canon” pose. No clue why Jakks hasn’t included it on any Samus toy.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Sanschel posted:

I suppose because they don’t think it’ll actually sell that well? They do KS for games sometimes (the Ghostbusters and Epic Spell Wars: ANNIHILAGEDDON games), but they also sell statues of Batman’s hand and chibi Harley Quinn so no idea why Peacemaker is the one to hedge on a crowdfund.

Are their collectibles any good? I've tried a few of their KS games and they've tended to be low effort clones.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
This is Helena, and she does not have time for your poo poo.

Consider yourselves warned.

My only gripe is that she doesn’t come with a crossbow but ah well. Other than that, she’s pretty nifty. Nightwing’s next month, I think, once he arrives I’ll get the Hush crew together for a nice group shot.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Oh man, she looks great. I kinda want one now.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Was the lack of crossbow due to the DC no guns thing? Seems wild she wouldn't come with one.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

Was the lack of crossbow due to the DC no guns thing? Seems wild she wouldn't come with one.

One would imagine. The recent reissue of the Amazing Yamaguchi Batman had the grapnel gun of the first release removed, so anything gun-like is probably off the table regardless of being an actual gun or not.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
The Hasbro D&D people are killing it with the creatures today

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1641101567246860290?s=46&t=2Vl5mZOAuXyv2LbW1v-6cQ

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1641100815795384328?s=46&t=2Vl5mZOAuXyv2LbW1v-6cQ

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1641102643568295936?s=46&t=2Vl5mZOAuXyv2LbW1v-6cQ

Eyeboy and panthor are Pulse exclusive, the brown bear is Gamestop.

Joe Fisto fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Mar 29, 2023

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
wtf is that and why does it have a goldfish?

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Sentinel Red posted:

That’s Xanathar. He’s a beholder crime boss in the Dungeons & Dragons Forgotten Realms setting.

He has a goldfish because it is an inexpensive low maintenance pet. Not all of us have the money, space, and free time to properly care for a dog. :colbert:

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Sentinel Red posted:

Its a cool looking toy. (for me anyway, not super into d&d)

Oh I saw the new GotG Marvel Legends at Walmart today. So those are out there if you are looking.

Joe Fisto fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Mar 29, 2023

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Was racking my brain trying to figure out what Xanathar reminded me of and finally realized the eye is reminscent of the eye guardian in Big Trouble In Little China. It's dope as hell.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Pretty sure the beholder from D&D predated Big Trouble in Little China by many years, I always took that thing to be a direct homage to D&D, but I could be mistaken.

Anyway it’s cool and I want all the D&D monsters including both owlbears.

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006

I saw the gelatinous cube toy at a GameStop and considered it. Despite just being… a cube, it looks really cool, what with being able to stick weapons and other figs in it.

I know it doesn’t glow in the dark but I wonder if it’s translucent blue coloring does “light up” under black light :confused: it would be really neat to have a big rear end CUBE in my GITD collection. I could even stick Bob from Reboot in there and treat is as a game cube! WARNING INCOMING GAME.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

I know nothing about Light Saber replicas but since I've seen them disguised a bunch I wanted to point out that the Star Wars: The Black Series Leia Organa Force FX Elite Lightsaber is currently $150 instead of $250 at BBTS in case that's a thing someone needs to buy