Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Ayaka is absolutely perfect for it, her CA hits the tall ones and she sprays cryo all over. Plus her burst will one-cycle the down phase almost guaranteed and is good against phase 1 in general. It almost feels like the fight was made for her except that doesnt make any sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Yeah my team is Ayaka for the not float and dps, Nahida for the floating, Zhongli to not die, and shogun just for extra dps on both forms. Works out pretty well. I don't bother trying to fit a friendship character in, no way.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I really should 90 my Ayaya

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Ayaka hits the floating one too, just charge attack and she'll point up.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
When I was friendship leveling Yaoyao I saved her Q to tear that phase apart.

Mostly because beating it up with radishes was a sensible chuckle.

Baiard
Nov 7, 2011

it's good for you
I only coop that boss and I've yet to have a group unable to handle that part, but we've had a few close calls.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Incoherence posted:

Comedy alternative: you don't have to actually do any damage in phase 2: just dodge until the turret kills him, and have the meteor kill whoever of your party you like the least that day.

The NRE even works on off field characters. I don’t think I’ve ever stopped the big hit

Kale
May 14, 2010

https://twitter.com/honkaistarrail/status/1639239283671465989

Weird flex but okay

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014
When do they add Dehya to the standard banner?

Kale
May 14, 2010

Lobsterpillar posted:

With 3.6 she's supposed to be a standard banner character. It'll probably come up in the stream that should be this Friday.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Wow. Had to complete, in whole or in part, 6 separate quests to do the last archon quest. That's a new record for me, and it is very, very annoying.

Anyway Wanderer is still very punchable and I don't know why I needed to go through his backstory again but oh well.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Lobsterpillar posted:

next major patch, which'll be after the ayaka/shenhe banner is over

Happy Underpants
Jul 23, 2007

Hellioning posted:

Wow. Had to complete, in whole or in part, 6 separate quests to do the last archon quest. That's a new record for me, and it is very, very annoying.

Anyway Wanderer is still very punchable and I don't know why I needed to go through his backstory again but oh well.

You are appreciating every iota of my anguish especially the parts about how little I care if you notice. Now shut up and check out my giant robot that belongs in a different game.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

The giant robot is the only cool part of that storyline to be frank.

Happy Underpants
Jul 23, 2007
The already dead post apocalypse robots are cooler because they don't wear out their welcome and I don't have to put up with their bullshit every week. :colbert:

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Fair.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Happy Underpants posted:

The already dead post apocalypse robots are cooler because they don't wear out their welcome and I don't have to put up with their bullshit every week. :colbert:

Yeah but they don't come with kickass music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9OUsRmG9jU

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
Have there been any leaks about future characters that look OP? How far out are we from the next archon?

I just realized I have 64 limited wishes and 100 more pulls worth of primos, while sitting ~50 pulls into a guaranteed 50/50 and I don't know what I'm supposed to be looking forward to.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Scoss posted:

Have there been any leaks about future characters that look OP? How far out are we from the next archon?
Earliest the next archon could appear is 4.0, which should be around the end of August. But Nahida was 3.2 and Raiden was 2.1, so a better bet would be in the October/November timeframe.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Scoss posted:

I just realized I have 64 limited wishes and 100 more pulls worth of primos, while sitting ~50 pulls into a guaranteed 50/50 and I don't know what I'm supposed to be looking forward to.
We only get gameplay leaks a patch in advance for the most part. Baizhu looks pretty good but largely in the same ballpark of power as yaoyao. Kaveh looks functional but his main gimmick seems pretty underpowered so hes just gonna be generic dendro driver guy. They're both dendro so its impossible for them to be bad but neither of them seem meta-defining.

We'll probably get 4.0 and the next nation (Fontaine, the Hydro nation) in August. Raiden came out in 2.1, Nahida came out in 3.2, so on average I'd say October will be when the Hydro Archon comes out.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

No Wave posted:

Wanderer is aight. Enough Anemo can handle the constructs and my E phase does enough damage to kill when the robot is staggered. My Mika friend team is Wanderer Zhongli Yelan Mika and if Mika actually applied real amounts of cryo it would be almost decent while still being way worse than bennett.

Wanderer is a solid A in my book. Not a must have, but a good carry. One of his most unsung abilities is his ability to do half rotations. His downtime on his skill is 6 seconds. You can run him with Faruzan/C4 Jean/Bennet/XQ/Yelan/Fischl/Any off field DPS and then do a small skill rotation and be ready for another go. They are tons of domains/events where waves of enemies don't need a 4 party synergy and being able to shift him inw henever you need him is great. Farming his domain sucks eggs, but it was worth it. He also applies enough anemo that fire/cryo/Hydro/Electro mages usually aren't much of a problem with him. If they ever implement dendro or anemo mages, I'll scream.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Finally decided to start A6ing dudes after this last Abyss rotation cranked up the bullshit, and future versions only look like more bullshit. That means a lot of Ruin Serpent fights. Why does it only drop Geo gems and none from its three actual characters' elements?!

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

After two and a half years, will we finally see triple crown chongyun???

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

gandlethorpe posted:

Finally decided to start A6ing dudes after this last Abyss rotation cranked up the bullshit, and future versions only look like more bullshit. That means a lot of Ruin Serpent fights. Why does it only drop Geo gems and none from its three actual characters' elements?!

same reason gacha games all have fifty bajillion currencies in the first place: to obscure the time and/or money commitment things actually represent, because people would balk if you gave it to them straight

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

No Wave posted:

Let's not get too crazy. I might need those crowns for something else

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

gandlethorpe posted:

I might need those crowns for something else

Same. I've got 22 of them piled up now.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I burn crowns as soon as I get them.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I would burn way more crowns if like 90% of characters didn't heavily de-incentivize normal attacks

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Maxwell Adams posted:

Same. I've got 22 of them piled up now.

I've been getting better about not hoarding and am down to 14.

People I've crowned:

Xingqiu x1
Zhongli x2
Itto x2
Wanderer x2
Cyno x2
Raiden x2
Nahida x2
Yelan x1
Childe x1
Hu Tao x2
Diluc x1

I don't think I ever missed a crown so that means I've spent 18/32?

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

only character i've ever triple crowned is Nahida

But I usually crown my support's skill or burst (depending on which they use obv.)

Descar
Apr 19, 2010
I only ever triple crown, either they get 3 or none. Got 2 crowns left.

Diluc, Kazuha, Venti, Ganyu, Nahida, Raiden, Zhongli, Xingqui, Bennet & Yoimiya got lucky.

The rest has to wait.

wokow6
Oct 19, 2013
Only character I've triple-crowned was Keqing, and that was a recent development.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

gandlethorpe posted:

That means a lot of Ruin Serpent fights. Why does it only drop Geo gems and none from its three actual characters' elements?!
Well we somehow have to get gems for all those Geo characters we've gotten lately.

Kale
May 14, 2010

:lol: those Dehya people have apparently convinced themselves that Ayaka Fukuhara has "joined our cause" since she tweeted that her husband (who apparently unsurprisingly has Dehya as his favorite character) had mentioned he saw a character survey for her character went out. That's it, thats like literally alll she said lol. Just how up their own rear end are some of these people man? Hopefully for her sake she doesnt end up getting drawn into their bullshit because people are unable to understand intent and purpose.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Kale posted:

:lol: those Dehya people have apparently convinced themselves that Ayaka Fukuhara has "joined our cause" since she tweeted that her husband (who apparently unsurprisingly has Dehya as his favorite character) had mentioned he saw a character survey for her character went out. That's it, thats like literally alll she said lol. Just how up their own rear end are some of these people man? Hopefully for her sake she doesnt end up getting drawn into their bullshit because people are unable to understand intent and purpose.

I'm not going to talk at length about reddit drama or anything, but the situation is so loving bad and impossible to engage with at a rational level.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

No Wave posted:

I'm literally aiming for this now funnily enough, and now that I got enough Enkanomiya lizard fins to get Shenhe to 90 I have to torture the cryo flower foreverially to get enough gems

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
I'm hoarding crowns but only because i cant be arsed to farm all the books for level 10 talents :effort:

I've crowned the big ones tho like XQ, Xiangling, Raiden, Benny bursts. Nahidas skill. Etc. No one is triple crowned. Nahida maybe I will someday. Or Klee.

Descar
Apr 19, 2010

Traveller posted:

I'm literally aiming for this now funnily enough, and now that I got enough Enkanomiya lizard fins to get Shenhe to 90 I have to torture the cryo flower foreverially to get enough gems

you can convert gems if your low on one type, but have loads of others

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Descar posted:

you can convert gems if your low on one type, but have loads of others

Already did that :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Well, if you're gonna overfarm gems, I highly recommend doing it by farming bosses for characters you own and havent leveled/4 stars you don't yet own/standard 5 stars you habebt pulled and using dust of azoth to convert if it's possible. Dust is pretty cheap if you only spend stardust on fates otherwise. You get extra gems off of weekly bosses long-term so in the very long run you won't need to overfarm, but if you're overfarming today might as well get purples you might use later.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Mar 29, 2023