Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

Try this, kids at home!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 16 days!)

pray for the random phillipine or thai or other SEA boxer that will be sacrificed on ippo's return match.

he just wanted some fight money to buy water for his village ippo, and you killed him!

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Nilbop posted:

Try this, kids at home!
Thanks i have two kids under 5y at home so I have extensive experience in this. You want to tighten your stomach muscles before impact, and if they are jumping from the sofa make sure to exhale during impact. If you do this for an extended period of time, instruct them to jump on your stomach muscles and not on your ribs as muscles can take more of an extended beating than bones.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Motivation is also a key thing for Ippo. He fought better when he had a solid goal. His performance notably dipped after he learned he would not fight Miyata for example.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
i appreciate the kind words btw folks. i've been isolating a lot recently so my ability to judge others's perception of me has taken a wild hit lol. thanks

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

tbp posted:

all of ippo's abilities receive a 0.35 multiplier when he gets panicked which leads to him getting hit way more than he needs to. more than running another 10 miles he needs to spend time with a sports psychologist. it's actually fundamentally wacky that kamogawa never had him do this, you'd think he would when he noticed ippo hadn't gained like literally any confidence as a boxer despite winning the national championship and defending a bunch

This is a good point. Ippo's behavior could be explained as him sort of "giving up" when under pressure and just resigning himself to taking a lot of hits.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
chapter 1416
sucks to suuuck

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

hell yes more mashiba

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Sendo after his fight with Ricardo

"Well, he hasn't fought me twice.." *falls to the ground*

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Lets goooo. More Mashiba is always good

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

GateOfD posted:

Sendo after his fight with Ricardo

"Well, he hasn't fought me twice.." *falls to the ground*

Can we please stop joking about Sendo getting killed/retired in the ring?

Save that for Miyata. :colbert:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Sendo will win

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Yeah, a trip to hell

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

He gonna visit Ricardo after putting him there.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I could see Sendo winning. His fighting style has usually been shown to be about him instinctively honing in on opportunities in a way that the top tier guys tend to do.

Granted, I could also see him losing, but he has a better chance than zero chance. Plus, if he wins and Ippo comes back, it'll help continue the weird series tradition of the Kamogawa Gym boys never fighting a match outside of Japan

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I don’t think he’ll win, but he’ll definitely give Ricardo a tougher fight than we’ve ever seen

Ricardo wanted to use Woli as practice for Sendou, I’m sure he recognizes that he’s a threat.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

ippo's "I'd rather give them 20 years to train..." line is adorkably paternalistic

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Sendo's fighting style being so generic makes him less exciting to me than he probably is supposed to be. Love my long limbed corpse moving man Mashiba fights.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
I think Mashiba's gf should have an even scarier older brother, and it's keeps escalating until the scariest oldest brother in the chain is Takamura (pretty sure he has a sister)

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I do hope we see his students pro tests and fights.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Remember when Itagaki was still a character?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

He became the god of time and then got owned due to hubris. We can only hope the rest of our main characters have as strong an arc

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

i almost flat forgot that ippo seconded a fight of his and itagaki's been in a slump. maybe he'll show up again as part of a sparring partner for mashiba, who knows

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Itagaki seems to watch out for Taihai and Kintaro when Ippo isn't there which is nice.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Babe Magnet posted:

hell yes more mashiba

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

SyntheticPolygon posted:

He became the god of time and then got owned due to hubris.

One of my fave fights, thank you for reminding gonna reread

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

GateOfD posted:

No.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

GateOfD posted:

Who

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
was there a plot thread where Itagaki was trying to get with Kumi or did I just make that up in my head

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

CharlestonJew posted:

was there a plot thread where Itagaki was trying to get with Kumi or did I just make that up in my head

he definitely made eyes at her but i think it was too spur ippo on or so ippo would get with his sister.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

they should revisit that with kumi's current high levels of Mashiba

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

CharlestonJew posted:

he had a crush on kumi but mostly left it alone out of admiration for ippo. it was one of the things itagaki thinks ippo has but he himself doesn't, and was part of his jealousy toward ippo storyline.

i wonder if that plot will ever return

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
I can't remember, but Kumi doesn't know about Ippo's massive hog situation right

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Centzon Totochtin posted:

I can't remember, but Kumi doesn't know about Ippo's massive hog situation right

She was on staff when Ippo was in the hospital. She's gotta know.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

He got pantsed on the first group date with the nurses out of hospital. It’s been a minute but I think kumi was there.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

and even if it were not shown on screen you know that there is a 0.0000000000000000001% chance she's managed to be around takamura and the moron gang this many years without them just flat out talking to her about ippos dick lol

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
she's walked beside him long enough to hear that meat tube slapping between his legs. she knows

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
His magnum dong gives him a low center of gravity which is why he's so stable on the fishing boat

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker
Hajime no tuned mass damper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!