Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

sorry its all lovely phone pics this time, in original hardware club for once. anyway my impo came out lookin more like fat chocobo

ty sub-actuality for av & the kins for sig

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

sorry its all lovely phone pics this time, in original hardware club for once. anyway my impo came out lookin more like fat chocobo

looking good

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

looks like a king slime to me.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

lol excellent impo

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

did another run, just in case anyone wanted to get sneaky and beat my time

(aka clear time 53 minutes)

someone else mentioned they figured the speedrun should be an honest attempt at blowing through it all in one go, but I wasn't really looking at it that way. the password system seemed to pretty much naturally set this up as a segmented run kinda thing, so that's what I went for. but if someone did actually do a single run-through then drat they should definitely win something.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
I did a single run-through on account of honor and the fact that I had a pirate copy of the DOS version and didn't know about saving.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Martman posted:

someone else mentioned they figured the speedrun should be an honest attempt at blowing through it all in one go, but I wasn't really looking at it that way. the password system seemed to pretty much naturally set this up as a segmented run kinda thing, so that's what I went for. but if someone did actually do a single run-through then drat they should definitely win something.

nice time. i kinda see it your way, especially with the snes version and how it does checkpoints but both ways make sense to me

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

i posted my run on speedrun.com. its the top run on whatever version. bye

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

b_d posted:

i posted my run on speedrun.com. its the top run on whatever version. bye

this checks out https://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm40666166

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Martman posted:

Yeah I think using the password system is legit as long as you’re not using savestates, that was why Srice honorably bowed out

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

lol

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

Martman posted:

that makes sense to me, and also, drat well done

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

haven't felt this rear end at a game in a while, still on level 2 lol

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Alright let see some times. Submitting 23:35 36:25 remaining for other versions.

welcome fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Mar 28, 2023

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I'm going to destroy issun

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

: Defeat Orochi

productive day :hehe:

ty sub-actuality for av & the kins for sig

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Namtab posted:

I'm going to destroy issun

I feel like everyone owes Navi an apology.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

I feel like everyone owes Navi an apology.

navi but extremely slow talking and thirsty isn't the optimal gaming experience I thought it might be

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

imagining Navi shouting "hey! Melons!" every time you pass a female NPC

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Remembering this post every time I hear the word Navi for the rest of my life.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Link clubbing in Ibiza while Navi shouts ¡Ey! Leethen

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

ninty employees sweating as miyomoto explains that whenever link sees impa navi's eyes should pop out as she yells "AWOOOGA"

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

welcome posted:

Alright let see some times. Submitting 23:35 for other versions.

nicely done!

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

current time attack plat trophy leaders are:

SNES: Martman - 67:00 remaining
Other: welcome - 36:25 remaining

Sub-Actuality fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Mar 29, 2023

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Sorry, that was 36:25 remaining for me, completed in 23:35. This game is confusing.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

welcome posted:

Remembering this post every time I hear the word Navi for the rest of my life.

Lmao

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

welcome posted:

Sorry, that was 36:25 remaining for me, completed in 23:35. This game is confusing.

oops thanks lol. edited

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Sub-Actuality posted:

current time attack plat trophy leaders are:

SNES: Martman - 44:36 remaining
Other: welcome - 36:25 remaining
well, I had 67 minutes remaining in my more recent clear. but if no one else challenges it then who cares lol

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Martman posted:

well, I had 67 minutes remaining in my more recent clear. but if no one else challenges it then who cares lol

so you did lol, I'll update the record

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I was stuck on level 4 for an hour before I had to leave for the night, and man. I'd probably love this game if it was just the crazy precise platforming, but the combat is just viscerally annoying to me in a way that's difficult to explain. Sometimes I'll get the 4 health guys down without a scratch and other times I'll get hit 3 times in a row then get smacked by the next one. Clearly I'm missing something fundamental about the combat

Should have two hours to play with before the deadline tonight so I will try and make it to the shadow prince at least, but as far as impmas goes I think I never wanna touch the snes version again after this lol. I'd like to give a different version a try, though.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Evil Eagle posted:

I was stuck on level 4 for an hour before I had to leave for the night, and man. I'd probably love this game if it was just the crazy precise platforming, but the combat is just viscerally annoying to me in a way that's difficult to explain. Sometimes I'll get the 4 health guys down without a scratch and other times I'll get hit 3 times in a row then get smacked by the next one. Clearly I'm missing something fundamental about the combat

Should have two hours to play with before the deadline tonight so I will try and make it to the shadow prince at least, but as far as impmas goes I think I never wanna touch the snes version again after this lol. I'd like to give a different version a try, though.
if you just wanna cheese the combat, there's really no penalty to spamming the block button. with the basic enemy types, afaik you can always attack directly after a block and it'll hit; with some of the bosses that show up later it gets a little weirder. block, wait a tiny fraction of a second, and then an attack will generally go through.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

: Defeat the Spider Queen

:shobon: slow gaming month

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

: Defeat Ninetails

Feel like I’ve got to be pretty close to the end, definitely going to do my best to finish before the end of the month. I’m only really aiming for the story trophies so it should be doable, hopefully finding all the animals too if I hit happen to find them while exploring thoroughly.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

: Unleash the Shadow Prince

i’m at stage 13 right now, but i think i’m not going to get to beat this before midnight. wanted to get this post out of my system

the snes controls take getting used to but in a way that makes sense given all the puzzles and traps. once i got past stage 6, i started blazing through levels much quicker. when you get the flow of the combat, it fits well with the speed too. if you relax yourself and wait for opportunities, battles are quick and easy. if you get tense and nervous, you can die in seconds.

i really like this game; i wish i’d had more time to play it this week. i had to give up on the sega cd version because even though it had a great 90s cutscene intro, the way you jump drove me insane. i’m going to come back for more at impmas

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
i forgot to play prince of persia oops

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

mysterious loyall X posted:

oh well

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

shucks.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

thisd

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

that's what the magic of Impmas is for!

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Made it to level 5, just needed a little IZWF in my life to learn how to fight in prince of persia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

this as well as all previous games so far this. actually i played 2 credits of the battle whatever shmup but didnt post about it