Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Hey, want too many words about a thing?

Not getting to legendary with the deck I've got but making it to diamond 5 was way better than I thought I'd do one month in. Started with the Beasts of the Deep loaner deck.

### OG B of the D
# Class: Hunter
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 2x (1) Batty Guest
# 2x (1) Irondeep Trogg
# 2x (1) Peasant
# 2x (1) Tracking
# 2x (2) Doggie Biscuit
# 2x (2) Frenzied Fangs
# 2x (2) K9-0tron
# 2x (2) Selective Breeder
# 2x (2) Spirit Poacher
# 2x (3) Harpoon Gun
# 1x (3) Prince Renathal
# 2x (3) Ramming Mount
# 2x (3) Wild Spirits
# 1x (4) Azsharan Saber
# 1x (4) Blademaster Okani
# 2x (4) Stormpike Battle Ram
# 2x (5) Pet Collector
# 1x (6) Beaststalker Tavish
# 1x (7) Hydralodon
# 2x (7) Mountain Bear
# 2x (9) Insatiable Devourer
# 1x (9) King Krush
# 1x (9) Wing Commander Ichman
# 1x (10) Sire Denathrius
#
AAECAR8I25EE4Z8E2qMEx7IEwLkE57kE6dAEl+8EEOrpA/T2A8X7A8OABKmfBNijBOGkBOWkBMCsBIPIBL/TBLjjBMHjBMzkBNDkBODtBAAA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Oddly this is not the exact same as the deck with the same name that pops up when you make a new hunter deck, which has 2 School Teachers, Defense Attorney Nathanos (which... doesn't look that useful for this deck?) and Sylvanas the Accused.

In any case, made it to platinum and bounced between 8-10 until I got the hang of the game a bit better, then made some changes and ended up with.

### B of the D 1.2
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 1x (0) Serpentbloom
# 2x (1) Batty Guest
# 2x (1) Irondeep Trogg
# 1x (1) Sunscale Raptor
# 2x (1) Tracking
# 2x (2) Doggie Biscuit
# 2x (2) Frenzied Fangs
# 2x (2) K9-0tron
# 1x (2) Scourge Tamer
# 1x (2) Spirit Poacher
# 2x (3) Harpoon Gun
# 1x (3) Prince Renathal
# 2x (3) Ramming Mount
# 2x (3) Wild Spirits
# 1x (4) Azsharan Saber
# 2x (5) Pet Collector
# 1x (7) Hydralodon
# 2x (7) Mountain Bear
# 1x (9) King Krush
# 1x (10) Neptulon the Tidehunter
#
AAECAR8M2+oD5u4D25EE4Z8Ex7IEwLkE57kEv84E6dAEzOQEl+8EspIFDurpA8X7A8OABKmfBNijBOGkBOWkBMCsBIPIBL/TBLjjBMHjBNDkBODtBAAA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Made it a little further with this. Dropped the two Peasants because they were just functionally an early taunt and the card draw didn't happen 95% of the time. Added Sunscale Raptor figuring it could be useful to draw the buffed version later if it frenzied, and added Serpentbloom because I was having trouble getting through big taunts. Removed Wing Commander Ichman because the draw never felt worthwhile: happened too many times he pulled a K9-0tron and the magic stopped there, and I can recall one time he just didn't pull anything after an enemy minion died and I presume it was because my deck had already run out of beasts by that point. Neptulon serves more or less the same purpose and leaves more on the board for an opponent to deal with afterward. Scourge Tamer gives an option to emergency pull a beast out of your hat. If I draw it early and there's no obvious ability needed, I usually try to make something with silence, which is useful way more often than not.

Ultimately the Sunscale Raptor was less useful than it seemed as it was almost always eliminated before it could do its thing, so I dropped it for a Dredger staff as that's effect felt a little more reliable, and didn't run the risk of getting pulled with a Pet Collector. Then dropped the two Frenzied Fangs as there are a ton of options at 2 mana already, and added Ambassador Faelin and Lorthermer Theron. Dropped the K9-0trons as I was tired of the Pet Collectors dragging them out and replaced them with the Tuskar Trawlers for mostly the same effect. This is ultimately the deck that carried me to diamond 5.

### Beasts of the Deep
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 1x (0) Serpentbloom
# 2x (1) Batty Guest
# 1x (1) Dredger Staff
# 2x (1) Irondeep Trogg
# 2x (1) Tracking
# 1x (2) Doggie Biscuit
# 1x (2) Scourge Tamer
# 1x (2) Spirit Poacher
# 2x (2) Tuskarrrr Trawler
# 2x (3) Harpoon Gun
# 1x (3) Prince Renathal
# 2x (3) Ramming Mount
# 2x (3) Wild Spirits
# 1x (4) Ambassador Faelin
# 2x (4) Azsharan Saber
# 2x (5) Pet Collector
# 1x (7) Hydralodon
# 1x (7) Lor'themar Theron
# 2x (7) Mountain Bear
# 1x (9) King Krush
# 1x (10) Neptulon the Tidehunter
#
AAECAR8O5u4Dw4AE25EE4Z8Ex7IE57kEm8kEv84E6dAEpeQEzOQEl+8EspIF76IFDerpA8X7A6mfBNijBOGkBOWkBMCsBKmzBMC5BIPIBMHjBNDkBODtBAAA
#

And yeah that's probably about as far as it'll go. Turn 3 Harpoon, turn 4 Ambassador, turn 5 (whatever discounted colossal beast) has been pretty fun. I'm honestly just about burnt out on ladder and will accept it can't compete with other decks at this point but I'm doing F2P and I don't think I did too bad for a modified loaner deck. One thing that's frustrating me is that it feels like at this level, most of the decks are some variant on "do nothing but draw/trade for 6 turns, pull giant combo out and obliterate opponent" and that's not really fun to play against. Feels like 80% of my games now are me getting them to single digit health and then losing two turns later. Am I nuts that the hunter hero card doesn't seem as useful as others? The changed hero power has a big drawback in that you can no longer deal damage past taunts.

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Mar 29, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Quiet Feet posted:

Hey, want to many words about a thing?

Not getting to legendary with the deck I've got but making it to diamond 5 was way better than I thought I'd do one month in. Started with the Beasts of the Deep loaner deck.

On the subject, I was really negative about the new big beast hunter package until you reminded me that there's already a reasonably successful version of that deck. In your opinion (or in the opinion of anyone else who knows this kind of deck), do the Banjosaurs and ten mana revive-your-big-beasts cards add anything to the deck (or at least replace some cards that are rotating)? Or are they as bad as I initially thought?

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

oh god warrior is going to be saved with..Menagerie warrior support? what?

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
They opened a portal to 2018 for these warrior cards

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
war master voone wasn't good enough to see action in 2018/19 but maybe he'll be a powerhouse with the same stats, cost and equivalent ability in 2023 :)

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?
Warrior has the right good Taunt units with the right types to make some kind of midrange-y taunt menagerie deck be decent. They just don't have anything that makes it... interesting? There's nothing in this expansion for Warrior that makes me go "wow, that's going to be really cool". At best I can go "this mechanic seems cool, but the numbers are all really undertuned".

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

Warriors can have a little value. As a treat.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

This Warrior set is something I would have expected in hearthstone from like 5 years ago.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Honestly if they put Tent Thrasher and Ringmaster Whatley in the 2023 core set they could have at least salvaged this thing but warrior core set is random poo poo lol

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
It’s leftover cards from their underbaked Darkmoon Faire theme.

It’s not even that I don’t like the idea of a midrange menagerie deck with some value cards — I had tons of fun with Conditioning Warrior with N’Zoth back during Barrens — but it seems way too fair for modern Hearthstone.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
I think my next challenge run is warrior to legend in 2023 from a fresh account f2p

It will be the greatest single accomplishment in Hearthstone history

peer
Jan 17, 2004

i'll still play that garbage

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Another productive workday
Got a daily and a weekly task to "Use Hero Power X Times", so I figure I'll have a nice relaxing Battlegrounds to unwind after work.

All four heroes have strictly passive powers.

Concede and try again.

Concede and try again.

Close the game to hit some mans instead.

Capped
Jun 21, 2005

Wizard of the Deep posted:

Got a daily and a weekly task to "Use Hero Power X Times", so I figure I'll have a nice relaxing Battlegrounds to unwind after work.

Concede and try again.

Concede and try again.

Close the game to hit some mans instead.

Pretty lovely to put a ghost into the lobby for any reason so you deserve to have that quest stuck forever

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

lol at the warrior cards

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Capped posted:

Pretty lovely to put a ghost into the lobby for any reason so you deserve to have that quest stuck forever

Sorry I'm not morally obliged to spend time not enjoying myself when I'm not getting paid for it.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Razorfen Rockstar is going to find a home at some point I guess.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Capped posted:

That's honestly Blizzard's problem to sort out and not really on the players. For the portion of the population that doesn't care about BG rank (probably most people?) there's just no reason not to reroll lobbies

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
https://twitter.com/RegisKillbin/status/1640847846705442818?s=20

The reveals feel like they went by quick this time

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Grei Skuring posted:

The new Druid deathrattle/battlecry cards are stupid as hell. Assuming you don't multiply the effect somehow you can quite easily end up with a five attack/armor every turn.

It's Druid. There'll be some stupid way to multiply them.

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist

RatHat posted:

https://twitter.com/RegisKillbin/status/1640847846705442818?s=20

The reveals feel like they went by quick this time

It’s mostly because they didn’t do that stupid “announce the set, then two weeks of radio silence before starting reveals” this time.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

have they said when the specific release date of the expansion is?

When Pigs Cry
Oct 23, 2012
Buglord
I don't know that they've officially said anything yet, but preorders end April 10th, so prob the 11th.

When Pigs Cry fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Mar 29, 2023

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Capped posted:

Nah. If you don’t want to play any of the heroes offered then don’t play the lobby

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

When Pigs Cry posted:

I don't know that they've officially said anything yet, but preorders end April 10th, so prob the 11th.

Last time you could buy the pre-order bundle a day or to after release IIRC?

Navaash
Aug 15, 2001

FEED ME

Capped posted:

People are still dying by turn 8 so the 15 damage cap sticking around until then is making early droppers way less relevant.

Also by that logic someone dying on turn 8 makes them lovely for putting a ghost into the lobby, or any time someone's connection craps out, or when anyone dies with an even number of players remaining. Come on, man.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

Boatswain posted:

Last time you could buy the pre-order bundle a day or to after release IIRC?

Maybe, but by previous years' pattern releases happen on a Tuesday which would make it probably either the 4th or the 11th.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Warlock legendary spell (On the left)

Seems not bad, especially with Warlock's other legendary that thins decks out. Fatigue could be a decent win condition for Warlock this expansion.

By the way the only legendary left to be revealed is Druid's legendary spell

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Wow, that's probably going to be good, but even if it's not it looks really fun.

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!
Seems incredibly powerful and flexible for just about any lock deck. Seems like it's going to be an obnoxious stain on the next two years.

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
I’ll confess to being an absolute sucker for that kind of card. It’s also cute that the card puts you way ahead in fatigue — but playing the most powerful effect immediately erases that advantage.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Keep in mind you only get a choice of 3. If you could choose Envy or Wrath whenever you wanted it'd be way better

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

RatHat posted:

Keep in mind you only get a choice of 3. If you could choose Envy or Wrath whenever you wanted it'd be way better

if you're willing to accept 2 or more of them it's a slam dunk

Excelzior fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Mar 29, 2023

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

assuming the Discover works like normal and cannot show you duplicates

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I wonder if Greed would go off before or after the shuffle

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

I have no idea how good it'll actually be in play, but drat does it look like fun.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

RatHat posted:

By the way the only legendary left to be revealed is Druid's legendary spell
4-mana, For the rest of the game, you gain 2 mana crystals per turn (no maximum).

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

"Wildheart Spirit"

5 mana : Gain 5 armor, Set your maximum mana to 20, gain a mana crystal, draw a card

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

"Nature's Mirror"

3 Mana: For the rest of the game, you always have twice your opponent's mana crystals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peer
Jan 17, 2004

huh.