Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

Fell Mood posted:

Car culture is inherently a culture of violence. You can't have one without the other. It would be like having a thread on the police but banning any videos of police brutality.

Car crashes are a part of our culture. You may die In a crash today and there's nothing you can do about it. We are awash in death and violence just getting to work everyday. Don't turn away. Stare unblinking at the horror.

this but also

Filthy Hans posted:

bad shoot

there were no serious injuries

"no serious injuries" means instead of losing both legs the people in the crash are just going to have pain or stiffness in their body for potentially the rest of their lives. we love to downplay car injuries

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

and Gen X will be even worse

it's their turn

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_E_hK8jYAg

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

cool as gently caress lol

edit: wrong thread sry

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

its cool that having fun with a car is as easy as threatening the lives of dozens of people

Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

reading the last few pages I learned that there's apparently a new subforum here called SAD. cool

i guess most of the conversation there has already been rehashed here but lol at some dweeb getting deeply uncomfortable about silicone thrill's post:

Control Volume posted:

You know what would be cool? Going after the people that post weird screeds that go completely unchecked because "cars suck lol" or whatever. Look at this poo poo, this is one page after the ban:

This guy is one bad day from running a family with a "baby on board" sticker off the road, and its this sort of amped up crap that makes other threads (ukraine war posting, everest threads of old, etc) so uncomfortable to read

would love to hear how ST saying he/she hates driving and doesn't want to do it again is somehow indicative of "running a family with a baby on board sticker off the road," that seems like a truly bizarre leap to me but maybe there's some reason to make it other than terminal carbrain

like we're all supposed to make sure that silicone thrill doesn't "go unchecked" by, uh, telling him/her that actually driving is good, and that road rage isn't real, and that drivers aren't actually made miserable by the experience of driving?

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

Super car drifting through city traffic! I take it all back. Cars are cool. :cool:

https://youtu.be/XMYnI_NvVNk

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Stux posted:

C'mon. You can do better than that.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

Super car drifting through city traffic! I take it all back. Cars are cool. :cool:

https://youtu.be/XMYnI_NvVNk

cars ftw

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Post your car.

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

This is mine

AiTs :lol:

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Say, you still gonna be in here in 45 minutes when those posters you obliterated can actually start replying again?

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

McCracAttack posted:

Say, you still gonna be in here in 45 minutes when those posters you obliterated can actually start replying again?

I'll disappear in shame at exactly that moment. Actually. But not before I apologize for the overbearing punishment. I wasn't trying to protect anyone's feelings, my goal was to punish something I had seen historically as bad. However, I jumped the shark and overdid it, and in the future I'll get another mod's input before I lay down any heavy punishments here. I do actually appreciate the feedback in the SAD thread, and while I'm still a little harder line than the forums' official stance, I'll save that for obliterating posters who deserve it instead of those that don't.

Edit: but I do apologize, and believe vyeklin took the correct course of action.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

All right then. Hopefully those folks still feel like posting around here.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Stux posted:

post your sincere thoughts

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Crossposting

Weka posted:

I have recently obtained security footage of NHD posting in the car thread.
Content warning: this footage shows an insanely brutal vehicle accident.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G27uwkp_dOo

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Weka posted:

Crossposting

Mods? MODS?!?! Ban this sick filth immediately, I came here to post about cars not be subjected to unhinged lunatics like Weka expressing masturbatory glee at this disgusting, horrifying, gory accident footage, if people want to post that poo poo they should gently caress off to the fashchans

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

NeatHeteroDude posted:

I'll disappear in shame at exactly that moment. Actually. But not before I apologize for the overbearing punishment. I wasn't trying to protect anyone's feelings, my goal was to punish something I had seen historically as bad. However, I jumped the shark and overdid it, and in the future I'll get another mod's input before I lay down any heavy punishments here. I do actually appreciate the feedback in the SAD thread, and while I'm still a little harder line than the forums' official stance, I'll save that for obliterating posters who deserve it instead of those that don't.

Edit: but I do apologize, and believe vyeklin took the correct course of action.

So is anyone ever going to do anything about AnimeIsTrash's incessant trolling, or is that mod-sanctioned trolling?

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Ham Equity posted:

So is anyone ever going to do anything about AnimeIsTrash's incessant trolling, or is that mod-sanctioned trolling?

the latter

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
You gotta drive him out on your own usually

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/goodkidbikecity/status/1640864241044553730?t=3aYMMDwxn_B-Au6TdZyILA&s=19

https://twitter.com/goodkidbikecity/status/1640864256513183745?t=S4c-nWB4h1FJF6eab-GIew&s=19

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

lol holy poo poo

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
Catch y'all in the bike and aviation threads, unbookmarking this one. :sadwave:

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
I think we need a new thread

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020

What a deep psychological relief it is to see this expressed anywhere outside a dead comedy forum

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I remember back when this thread was fun.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

withak posted:

splc calls it "the only fun hate group"

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
I do not appreciate jalopnik doxxing my truck and it's sweet cow catcher.

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

withak posted:

it was like 2 days ago when everyone was posting pictures of their bikes :frogbon:

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Ham Equity posted:

posters can band together and defeat AIT using their post button

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Electro-Boogie Jack posted:

reading the last few pages I learned that there's apparently a new subforum here called SAD. cool

i guess most of the conversation there has already been rehashed here but lol at some dweeb getting deeply uncomfortable about silicone thrill's post:

would love to hear how ST saying he/she hates driving and doesn't want to do it again is somehow indicative of "running a family with a baby on board sticker off the road," that seems like a truly bizarre leap to me but maybe there's some reason to make it other than terminal carbrain

like we're all supposed to make sure that silicone thrill doesn't "go unchecked" by, uh, telling him/her that actually driving is good, and that road rage isn't real, and that drivers aren't actually made miserable by the experience of driving?

Lmao.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

dudes rock

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Seriously of all the things to land me on some psychos hit list on SA, bitching about bad drivers was not what I thought would land me there.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

silicone thrills posted:

Seriously of all the things to land me on some psychos hit list on SA, bitching about bad drivers was not what I thought would land me there.

car brain runs deep in society that goes all the way down to something awful

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Celexi posted:

car brain runs deep in society that goes all the way down to something awful

it's some kind of... automotive insanity

Martian
May 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Sphyre posted:

it was like 2 days ago when everyone was posting pictures of their bikes :frogbon:

Not my own picture but a promotional one, but we use one of these (Thule Coaster XT) to take the kids to daycare on our way to work. It's also great when we go grocery shopping, because you can easily detach it from the bike, then it becomes a big stroller that you can take into the store. It has even has a small 'trunk' behind the bench for the groceries. Are these a thing at all in the US?

E: it's also surprisingly light!

Martian has issued a correction as of 09:41 on Mar 29, 2023

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

you can also put dogs in them if you wanna look cute but don't have a kid

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
what about cats

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011